Pearl Heart {Finnick Odair}

Από royalla

-Slow update- Amelia Tompkins was the victor of the 67th Hunger Games at the age of 15. She is known to the C... Περισσότερα

Amelia Tompkins
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 10

Chapter 9

3.4K 94 7
Από royalla

...~...~...~...~...

It was the day of the interviews, all the occupants of floor 4 sat down at the dining table like usual, the two Tributes had agreed before joining the others, that they wouldn't hint at anything about an uprising just yet. They both would like to get more information before they bring in their friends. They also had no idea where the Capitol people at the table would stand, would they side with them or the enemy?

After they finished their meal, everyone gathered on the expensive sofa, Elora going over the usual daily plan and the typical questions that could be asked at the interview, even when all who were present knew how it all went.

Perhaps she wanted to treat it like it was any year, Amelia thought, where the Tributes were randomly selected children and not someone who Elora knew and formed a relationship with. That instead of the loss of glory for her represented District, it would be the grief of a lost friend/s.

Once all was said about the interview, they moved onto talking about the other tributes and alliances. Finnick brought up the chance of an alliance with Katniss and Peeta, which got Elora excited.

"How wonderful! You all will be the most sought after to sponsor with Peeta and Katniss both scoring 12 points. The first ever!" She stated.

"They did?" Finnick questions, almost surprised,"they do like to make history, don't they."

"That's right, You two didn't watch the scoring last night. You Finnick got a high score of 10. However you, my dear Amelia, got a low score of 3." Cosmos said before taking a sip of brightly coloured drink.

It wasn't a surprise to anyone what they scored, Finnick had done as well as his Game and Amelia scored as low as hers, complete opposite in skill and talent.

"No shock there," Finnick winked at Amelia, teasing her, knowing her lack of care towards her points,"though it isn't a surprise they gave 12 the top scores, after what they pulled last year. They are no doubt trying to paint a target on the love birds backs."

"Mm-hmm, no doubt at all!" Cosmos agreed, shaking his head. Amelia took this well, for he hadn't defended the Capitol or Snow.

They sat and talked until lunch then were escorted by Peacekeepers down the elevator and then backstage where they were both to be prepped for the night.

"Over here honey!" Cosmos waved to Amelia at his station behind some curtains,"it's time to get you all dolled up!"

As Amelia stepped onto a raised platform, Cosmos's assistants closed the curtains, giving the five of them privacy.

"Now as much as I would have loved to get you in a white dress to portray your pure and loving heart, like we always do. Cinna had asked -quite nicely- if we forgo the white, and for that man.....I would do anything!" Cosmos winked at her while moving a dress bag onto a hook in front of her,"so! I was thinking of a new direction! You shall be the beauty of the sea! The maiden of water!" He goes on with his dramatical flair while unzipping the bag, once the dress is revealed, he waves his hand as he presents it,"you will be a mermaid!" He exclaimed.

Amelia gazed at the garment, it was beautiful. A floor length large sequinned dress with spaghetti straps. The sequins shifted from pink to purple, then blue.

"It's beautiful Cosmos." She praises him for his wonderful design.

One of the girls went up and unhooked the dress as the other assistants undressed Amelia. The dress was slipped over her head and down her slim figure.

Cosmos took Amelia by her hand and guided her to a chair, where he began to apply makeup while the male assistant brushes her hair. One of the girls kneeled down to slip on a pair of heels. Amelia could help but blush at the amount of attention she was receiving all at once, still not used to it.

After 10 minutes the males were done with their work and all that was left was a pair of Pearl necklaces, for trade mark, that Cosmos clipped around her neck. The man stepped back and admired the beautiful girl.

"You look amazing my dear!" He cried, grabbing her hand once more and pulled her toward the large mirror, Amelia followed, amused at his excitement,"well sweetheart, what do you think!?"

Amelia gazed into the mirror, when she looked upon herself, she felt different. Whenever she used to look at herself she didn't really think much about her appearance. But now, she felt like she was become more like herself. It wasn't just because she was wearing such a dress, but it did make her more confident, she expressed her feelings to her stylist.

"As you should my dear! Within the last few days I have seen a side of you that I've never seen before. You talk more, express more! Whatever has caused this, I thank it." He gives her a warm hug and a kiss on her cheek.

Amelia felt warm and happy at his words, she knew exactly what -who- had coursed her change. Her only regret was not having the chance to know the person she could be.

...~...~...~...~...

With 10 minutes remaining until the show starts, Amelia was left to her own devices, Cosmos having scurried off, saying something about sneaking a peek at the others designs and creations, though Amelia had a feeling it was certain district 12's dress that he wanted to see most.

She left the comfort of her changing room to hopefully find a distraction so as to not be left with her anxious thoughts, she wondered about backstage hoping to run into either Finnick or Johanna.

Her wandering led her near the centre back entrance to the stage where workers were bustling about, trying to perfect everything for show time, which according to the large digital clock on the far wall, would start in five minutes. Amelia wasn't feeling rushed as she would be the sixth in line for her interview, after Finnick.

While watching the commotion around her, she spotted a familiar face, the one and only Caesar. He was getting his makeup touched up before he stepped on stage.

Amelia has always enjoyed his company, he has never failed to make her feel comfortable. Around five years ago he had come to her with an invitation to have tea with him and every year since they had always made time to relax outside the chaos that was the Games.

Amelia walked over to him -a little less timid than her usual self- and waited by his side until he noticed she was there.

"Ah! Pearl my dear! I have missed seeing your beautiful face around here," he leaned downed to her and kissed both of her cheeks,"and that dress! Your stylist has outdone himself!" Amelia smiled kindly at him in thanks," and I'm so sorry we weren't able to have our regular meet up, with this year being a Quarter Quell, it's been far too busy." Caesar told her sincerely.

" It's alright Caesar, I understand." between training and the new development with her and Finnick, as well as the stress and anxiety of the Games, Amelia doubts she would have been able to stop and relax over a cup of tea with the man before her.

"Perhaps we can find time now that most of the preparations are over with." He nodded to a stagehand who had indicated it was show time.

" That would be wonderful." Amelia agreed, accepting a kiss to the cheek. She watched him go on stage and greet the crowd, the cheers quickly followed.

She was then guided off to wait in line for her interview with the other tributes.

——————
(Author's note)
It's been awhile..... again....
I hadn't felt like writing for awhile,but recently I have. I have gone through my old chapters and edited them, so I will re-upload soon  ( I'll do that after uploading this chapter). I already have a draft of the next chapter so that shouldn't be too far away (definitely not another year 😐).
Im also taking a writing course online so hopefully my writing will begin to improve, fingers cross.

Also......

New cover!!!
Im sure some of you notice when I updated it a while ago, but this is the new cover, yay!
(This is my drawing so please no stealing, thank you!)

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-1433 words-

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

106K 2.3K 38
It's the 100th Hungergames and the Quarter Quell twist; the pool of tributes shall be reaped from the descendants of Victors. Can Victoria Mason mak...
3M 74K 63
"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE RAN INTO THE CORNUCOPIA AND TOOK OUT TEN...
1.8K 45 29
𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒂'𝒔 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒎𝒑 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔...
15.9K 145 33
Esmeralda Theo, a young girl from district 12, won the 66th Hunger Games; being the second youngest to ever win. Now with all her trauma from the gam...