Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

3.

16K 956 394
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
THREE:

Memories are a funny thing. Jungkook always thought of memories as a thing to treasure because later on in life the memories you made will be the only things you have left to remember. But sometimes memories can betray the human mind, and trick the brain into feeling sad or angry when it doesn't want to feel that way. And that's the nuisance part of it. The devilish silver lining to it all. That you can remember more than just happiness or the fun things you did in life. You also remember the traumatic experiences, or the times you cried so hard that your throat burned.

Jungkook didn't have a lot of memories where he was sad, or upset. But the memories that he did have scarred him and made him the way he is today. Sometimes he hates it and sometimes he loves it. The worst memory Jungkook has is when Jungkook first went to see Taehyung after his parents got divorced and his dad left. Jungkook often thought of that day as a day he had a his first heartbreak. The first time he lost a great friend that he loved so much.

Ten years ago,

"Mum! Mummy! I want to go see Taehyung. Eight year old Jungkook hugs his mother's legs, trying to convince her to let him see his best friend. His mother laughs, picking her son up with a small grunt, "oh! You've gone so big I can barely pick you up without being out of breath," she teases. Little Jungkook hides in the crook of her neck, giggling, "but I don't want to be big, I never want to grow up mummy! Never, ever!" Jungkook's mother chuckles at her son's words before seating him on one of the chairs. She looks at him for a moment before handing him a candy.

Gladly, he takes it, unwrapping it quickly and shoving it into his mouth as if someone was going to come and take it off of him. His mother looks at him for a moment, trying to choose her words wisely, "no one wants to grow up Jungkook...nothing goes. But we all have to some day. However, there's one thing that I need you to know," she begins.

Jungkook smiles excitedly, "what is it?" He whines, already getting impatient with his mother.

She clasps her hands together in front of her, and leans forward, "well...the thing is, it's a secret...so you have to promise me that you're going to keep this a secret." Jungkook nods his head in excitement, his goofy smile barely being contained, "I promise mummy, I'll never break your trust."

"No matter how old a person gets, they never grow old at heart." Jungkook hiccups and laughs, "then how old are you mummy?" Jungkook's mother tickles her son's stomach, making him throw his head back and squeal loudly, "well, I'm the same age as you Jungkook."

Jungkook's mouth opens in shock so wide that his candy almost falls out of his mouth, "really mummy! Then how come you always fall asleep later than me? How come you always tell me to eat my vegetables? Why don't you act like me?"

Her slightly golden locks fell in front of her face, smiling slightly she pushes them back, placing Jungkook down on his bed. "Another important thing to remember Jungkook is that the heart and the mind are two completely different things. They're linked together though. So you might be young at heart but mature at mind. There will be a time Jungkook that you will have to decide whether to think with your heart...or mind. But remember Jungkook, no matter what, you'll always have me and your father."

Jungkook reaches up to hug his mother. His mother tightens her hold on her son, closing her eyes tightly, "I love you Jungkook." Jungkook smiles brightly, a toothy grin on his face, "I love you too."

She moves away from him, her eyes full with a sort of clear sheen. Wiping at her eyes, she takes a hold of his hand, "let's go see if Taehyung is alright."

Immediately Jungkook gets hyper, he was excited to finally see his best friend. "Mum?"

Jungkook's mother looks down at him, "yes Jungkook?" Jungkook looks down at his feet, his mood changes from happy and bubbly to cautious and scared, "d'you think that Taehyung is alright? Knowing about his parents and all..."

He doesn't look back up, his feet moving along the pavement, his eyes trying to catch the movements of every little ant moving along with its family.

"Taehyung is a strong little boy, don't you worry about him because I'm sure he will be fine...cheer up my little Kookie."

Jungkook smiles but he knows in the inside he will continue to worry because Taehyung is his best friend for life, how was he not supposed to worry?

A few moments later, Jungkook sees the familiar white door of Taehyung's. Once again, he starts to feel the excitement rising up from before. It had been months since they had last seen each other. Jungkook and Taehyung had both missed each others birthdays, so he couldn't wait to tell him the gift he had gotten him.

Taehyung's mother opens the door, and she smiles at Jungkook and his mother, even though in her eyes are the emotions of sadness, "hello Meena, long time no see." Jungkook's mother almost sobs and hugs Taehyung's mother. Jungkook watches as the converse quietly, wondering what they could be talking about.

Soon enough, Taehyung's mother crouches down, "and look at you! Jungkook you've gone so big!" She ruffles Jungkook's hair, smiling at him brightly, Jungkook immediately blushes, and tries to hide behind his mother's legs, even at his big age of nine.

Chuckling, she lets them through, "my little one couldn't wait any longer and had to see Taehyung," Jungkook's mother says, looking down at him.

Taehyung's mother directs them both to the kitchen, making two cups of tea. Jungkook's mother pushes her to sit down and goes to make the tea herself, "oh Jungkook, what a little cutie you are! Taehyung is upstairs in his room. You know where it is."

Jungkook smiles, a toothy grin on his face, "Mum...can I give the present?" Jungkook's mother nods, as he grabs the silver box with a matching bow on top. Jungkook's heads upstairs, more excitement dripping onto his body each passing second.

He sees Taehyung's door, and slowly places a hand on the door handle, twisting it slowly. His eyes catch the black haired boy on his bed, a Nintendo in his hand, "Taehyung?"

Taehyung's eyes snap up to stare at Jungkook, "Jungkook?"

Jungkook smiles, and steps forward, "Taehyung! I've missed you!" However, Taehyung frowns, slowly getting up from his bed, confusion fills Jungkook's emotions as he watches Taehyung walk over to his bedroom door and open it.

"Jungkook...I don't want to talk to you right now."

Jungkook's heart drops to his stomach, his smile melting off of his bright face slowly and pooling at the bottom of his feet like an imaginary puddle. "Taehyung... W-what do you mean?"

Taehyung sees the hurt expression on Jungkook's face but his own expression stays hard and cold. "I mean...that I don't want to see you and talk to you...ever."

If it was possible, Jungkook's heart drops all over again, his hold on the silver box tightening even more. "I understand that you're hurt...and you're missing your d-"

"You don't understand a thing! You don't understand what I'm going through! Leave. Just leave me alone!"

Jungkook flinches, his eyes starting to feel wet, "b-but...best friends for life?"

Taehyung scoffs, "you know that isn't true. Nothing lasts forever." Jungkook sniffles, his mind running everywhere, and his heart trying to mend itself as quick as it broke. "I brought you a gift," he tries handing it to Taehyung, but Taehyung slams it out of his hand, and the silver box clatters to the ground.

"I don't want anything from you," he seethes, his blue eyes full with irritation.

Jungkook didn't understand what was going through Taehyung's mind, and right now, he didn't want to. But it hurt. God it hurt like hell. Jungkook picks up the box with shaky hands and begins to walk out of Taehyung's room. He takes one last look at Taehyung,

"Taehyung...i-"

The door slams in his face.

Jungkook places the silver box softly on the ground in front of Taehyung's door, and slowly descends the stairs, heart full with tears, "I'm not going to give up on you Tae..."

When Jungkook comes into the kitchen, Taehyung's mother looks at him in confusion, "Jungkook? Where's Taehyung? Why are you downstairs?"

Smiling he says, "Taehyung's sleeping so I left the box outside of his room."

It wasn't until he got home with his mother, he runs up to his room and locks the door, finally allowing his heart to scream and cry like he so longed to do in Taehyung's room just a few hours ago.

--

Jungkook always hated thinking about that memory, whenever he did, his heart pained. God it hurt like hell. He didn't want to give up his only friend...he didn't want to let go. But at that moment it felt a lot like Taehyung had already given up on their friendship...even though Jungkook didn't understand why.

Sighing, Jungkook stretches and rolls over, his head starting to hurt. He sits up and stares at the mirror in front of his bed, staring at the reflection in front of him. He always wanted to change but in the present it always felt like Jungkook couldn't change. He always had to be the weak, nerdy boy with no friends.

And he blames it all on Taehyung.

But a little bit of that changed when Jungkook met Wendy, she understood him and now Jungkook didn't feel as alone as before, and for that he was forever grateful to her.

He never understood what made Taehyung hate him the way he does. But he hated Jungkook enough to make his school life a living hell.

However sometimes, he feels at fault too. For not standing his own ground.

If Jungkook could go back in time, he'd change almost everything. If only he and Taehyung could have ended this right, it wouldn't hurt as much.

Sometimes, Jungkook stares out of his window when it rains, and wonders if his parents would let him go out and just run in the rain, it would give him a taste of freedom and even just a little happiness.

Sighing, he reaches over to his phone and dials Wendy. A few rings go by before Wendy answers, panting, "...hey Jungkook!"

Jungkook smiles a little bit, "Wendy... why are you panting?"

He moves to stand in front of his mirror, flicking his stray hair strands, "my baby sister wouldn't give me my phone when it started ringing so I had to kind of chase her and tackle her before I could answer."

Jungkook pauses, trying to process Wendy's answer in his mind, "...okay? Basically Wendy, I want to dye my hair, so can you maybe help me?"

Not a sound came from the other line.

"Wen-"

Wendy starts screaming through the line, "Jungkook! I've always wanted to dye your ugly, dull hair! Come over! We can decide the hair colour and you can stay over for the night!"

Before Jungkook could answer, she cut the line, Jungkook stares at the phone in his hand for a moment or two before shrugging and walking out of his room. He walks over to his parents room, "Mum?"

He sees his mum on her laptop, typing, and he sees his baby sister sleeping right beside her, "yes Jungkook?" She yawns slightly, stroking Minnie's hair.

"Well I'm going over to Wendy's house, and I'm going to stay the night...if that's alright with you."

Jungkook's mother sighs before shifting her glasses, "you may. But be safe, and call me before you go sleep okay. And call me when you get to school so I know you're at school."

He nods excitedly before turning around to leave, but before he leaves he says, "thanks mum, you're the best."

------

three chapters in and I'm already going ahead with the sad stuff. I'm sorry!! But for real...Wendy and Jungkook's friendship tho....makes me cry!!

wHaT eVeR mAjOr LoSeR-
yOu ToXiC *gags*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 90 7
Adjusting to the role of the chiefs daughter and running the Island, a destined soul to explore the sea let's her dreams get the best of her. Moana i...
30.6K 1K 21
No one expects a winner from an outlying district. Their district partners are weak. They have no sponsors. No strong allies. Some don't even have me...
675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
475K 21K 44
Jeon Jeongguk is the quiet smart kid in college. He always aces his exams and he never has time for parties or anything like that. Kim Taehyung is th...