๐–†๐–‘๐–™๐–Š๐–— โŒ barry allen

By -voiddanvers

Jaden Carelle was one of the many who were affected by S.T.A.R. Labs' Particle Accelerator. The explosion cau... More

Welcome!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Ten

366 11 13
By -voiddanvers

Chapter 10
Jaden
Dork

A bullet whizzes by, ricocheting off the coffee tables. She runs back to the kitchen once and comes out with two trays of steaming hot coffee. Beads of sweat ball on her forehead just waiting to trickle down. Eventually, the numbers of people fall into less than five and Jaden can finally take a break.

With a deep sigh, she relaxes into a chair in front of  one of the TVs with a coffee in her hands.
"Rough day?" A chocolate eyed beauty gazed at her with a smile.

"How can you tell?" Jaden chuckles, taking a sip of her coffee.

"That's why I like to come after the morning rush. There is so much chaos then, I like the peace and quiet."

"Me too. I don't think I ever stopped running until now."

The memorable tune of the breaking news segment grasps both of their attentions. A big picture taken of Jaden on a security camera causes her to go tense. She stares intently at the screen, holding her cup so tightly it could shatter

"What is with this woman? She's always on the news for stealing. I just don't understand why she's so against the Flash if he's saved so many people." The woman clicks her tongue and shakes her head.

"It's not the people he's saved, it's the people he didn't." Jaden says blankly, her eyes still glued to the screen.

"I never thought about it like that." The two fall into an awkward silence until the sound of the glass doors prying open grabs their attention. Jaden can't help but let a little smile creep across her face.

"You missed it Jace, this place was crazy!" She smiles genuinely for the first time in a while.

"Really? Too bad I missed it huh." He says sarcastically and gives a slight smile as he wraps his apron around his waist.

The two serve side by side as another rush of customers creep in. Somehow, it got to be almost as busy as the morning. They both run around the cafe aimlessly, smiling and teasing each other when they cross paths.

The sun lowers into the horizon, painting golden dancers across the sky. Jaden stands in the back of the cafe waiting to clock out.

"Jaden!" A familiar voice calls with a set of pattering feet following.

"Jace." She replies, spinning around.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Anything." She smirks, hoping it's the question she's been waiting for.

"Would you go out to dinner with me later?" He smiles, hoping too that she would accept the question.

"What's in it for me?" She crosses her arms across her chest, laughing as he gets flustered coming up with a reply.

"Food and a lovely conversation with the one and only, Jace Forron."

"Deal. Meet you at six. Text me the place and I'll be there." She winks, turning around and walking out the door.

As she gets farther away from C.C. Jitters, the young raven stops in her tracks and thinks. Taking in the interaction that just occurred, she giggles excitedly.

Her eyes widen as she realizes her emotions. "What the hell is happening to me?"

Instead of keeping a stone heart, Jace Forron found a way to crack into it and make it start beating again. Maybe all of the time spent planning the Flash's demise was a complete waste. Should she risk ditching her revenge on the Flash for some stupid crush? What would her brother say?
~

A glimmering red dress shimmies it's way up Jaden's slim body. The tight dress compliments her figure so well that even Cora stops in her tracks.

"Woah," Cora says breathlessly, "where you going tonight?" A slight smile creeps on Jaden's face.

"I have a date." She curls her lips into a fine line, waiting for Cora's reaction.

"A date?" She gasps, raising her brows, creating three deep lines on her forehead.

"Could you not act so surprised?" She purses her lips, picking up the scorching hot curling iron, and begins twisting her luscious hair around the wand.

"I'm sorry but Jaden with a guy? Unheard of." The young ginger snickers, closing the door as she leaves.

"Hey where are you going?" Jaden takes another strand of hair and curls it.

"Out. I just need to- uh- visit my brother. He needs me for some reason." Cora gives a slight smile and shuts the door one again.

"Don't have too much fun without me!" She yells leaving the apartment.
~

"Holy shit." Jaden mutters, staring at the extremely wealthy looking restaurant.

As soon as Jaden pulls up to the front of the building, she is greeted with the delicious smell of pasta with vodka sauce and lovely live music. The outside starts with a red carpet in the middle that continues into the building with a bar to the left and outdoor seating to the right. The bar is covered in a black canopy with vines and fairy lights. The seating area has numerous two person tables with one candle, menu, and two wine glasses on each.

After a few moments, Jaden musters up the courage to walk into the restaurant. When she enters the building, her black velvet heels click on the marble floors, leading to the hostess.

"How many?" The woman asks with a smile.

"I'm actually supposed to meet someone here. Jace Forron?"

"Ah yes! Let me take you there."

She quickly hurries to the table, going way too fast for Jaden's pace in her heels.

"Damn, this place fancy-fancy." She whispers to herself, looking at all of the couples in their suits, tuxedos, and dresses.

One particular couple stands out to her, an older blonde haired woman in a red dress and a man, equally aged, in a black tuxedo. The woman is wearing her long hair in a twisty bun with a diamond flower clip pinning it up. A beautiful diamond necklace drapes down her collarbones which are defined by the low cut dress. The woman laughs at something the man said and shakes her head, going for another bite of her meal. They remind her of her parents.

"Here you are miss." Jaden gives a smile towards the hostess as she walks away. She then turns towards Jace who has now stood up.

"You look beautiful Jaden." His face displays a wide smile as he goes in for a hug.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." Jade chuckles, pulling away from the hug and sitting down.

"When you said fancy, I didn't think you meant this fancy."

"What can I say? A beautiful woman needs a beautiful place." He shrugs, facing his palms up to the ceiling.

"That's so corny." She grins, opening up the menu.

AUTHORS NOTE ——————
Hello everyone! Again, I'm sorry this took chapter took longer but we can't rush the process I guess! What do you guys think of Jace? Let me know what you think will go down between them in the comments : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 1.8K 36
"๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐—ผ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐ ." - Jodi Piscoult Cora Agรกpi is far from being a hero. She moved to Central City to get...
27.8K 942 12
After your brother, Barry Allen, got struck by lightning the night the particle accelerator exploded, you have the unique opportunity to enter the wo...
93.7K 1.7K 24
Zoe Sparks never believed in the impossible . . . until an accident made her the impossible. The night the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explode...
3.6K 37 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...