Arshi: Rishta Ye Kaisa? | ✓

By sarun1721

#3 in ASR as of 20th August 2020 Arnav, Khushi and Anjali are childhood friends. They have been together sinc... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

Epilogue

5.5K 278 57
By sarun1721

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

When Arnav suggested to Khushi that Anjali and Rahul should stay with them, he did not know what was in store for them.

Rahul, professionally was a sports manager. Before coming to India, he had recently landed the job of an assistant to a scout with a Football team in Spain. He was all set to start that after his marriage. His job involved a lot of travelling to sort out the dates and money issues with any new recruit his boss found.

Marriage did not mean Anjali was ready to let go of her business completely. She decided to commute whenever possible, visiting her husband in various countries, mostly all over Europe. Anjali, when in Delhi, would be busy with her office work, being considerate enough to take up the larger chunk of work whenever she was available from Khushi's hands so that, her Bhabhi could spend time with Arnav.

So, technically, both Anjali and Rahul, were based out of Delhi, and more specifically the Raizada House, but it was rarely that Arnav got to see his sister or his brother in law.

"Anji, where are you?" Arnav asked finally managing to catch hold of her on the phone.

"What Bhai, I am at home. Where are you?" Arnav heard her ask. There was a hint of urgency in her tone.

"Ok, I will see you inside then." He said and abruptly ended the call.

Arnav was not expecting her to be at home. That never happened in recent times. He had called her up as soon as he had reached home and parked his car. He had made up his mind to sit and talk to her, even if it was just for a few hours.

Six months. She'd been married for six months and he'd only spent close to a week with her. Khushi, since she worked with Anjali got to spend a lot more time together. He was not complaining,

Wait

Scratch that.

He was complaining

Of course he was.

Arnav, Khushi and Anjali were close. Very close. He couldn't bear the thought of them drifting apart.

It was his birthday the next day and Anjali did not seem to be aware of it. Come to think of it, neither did Khushi. They couldn't forget, could they?

Arnav rang the bell and Hari Prakash opened the door to him.

"Get me my coffee."

"Ji Arnav baba." Hari Prakash said before he turned towards the kitchen.

"Bhai, thank god you are here. I thought I'd have to leave before telling you." Anjali said hugging her brother.

"Leave?" Arnav asked, bewildered at her nonchalant nature.

"Haan. I am leaving for Barcelona tonight. I thought I told you that. I must've forgotten." She said keeping a hand on her head. Her other hand was on a luggage bag, which he failed to notice earlier.

"No no no. Not again Anji." Arnav exclaimed.

"Kya bhai, you get to stay here at home and be with your wife everyday. I am struggling to keep my marriage together. We have to keep meeting all over the world, just to see each other for a few days. I can't ask him to give up his job, he loves his job way too much to do that. He could've asked me to give up mine, but he knows how much I like my job and respects me for it. So, we have to adjust.

"And you are leaving tonight?" He asked again, stressing a bit on the last word.

"Yeah."

"Okay, whatever. Where is Khushi?" Arnav asked throwing his blazer on the couch.

"About that, she is not in Delhi even."

"What?"

"She had to urgently accompany a client to the play school we are doing the interiors for. She tried calling you, but you were in multiple meetings and hence unreachable. In fact she left a message with Aman. I think."

"I need to rush now Bhai. Mohan will drop me at the airport." She said pulling the bag as she exited leaving a shocked Arnav behind. Why would she leave with the driver. He could have dropped her. At least he could've spent an hour with her like that. But, she was gone before he could protest.

How could Anjali do this. And more importantly, how could his Khushi, the love of his life leave him and go for her work on his birthday. Did they not remember?

Hari Prakash handed him the coffee and he sat down on the couch processing the news.

After thinking on it for a few minutes, he decided to let it go. He was above all these celebrations. He was turning 30, not 13. He decided to go get changed.

He felt calm and composed after the shower. He decided to call Khushi. That was when he noticed about 24 missed messages from his wife.

"Hey Khushi." he said as he heard her answer his call.

"Finally. Where were you? Do you know how long I have been trying to reach you?"

"I was in an important meeting Khushi. Sorry I was unable to answer your call."

"I don't want you to apologise. I feel bad that I have to spend your birthday away from you. Anji is also not there. But you know Arnav, the clients wanted to be sure we were the perfect choice and if we cancelled now, they would think we aren't serious about our work. You are the one who always keeps telling us that how we should beige importance to our work. I couldn't ask Anji to cancel her trip. Already she gets to spend only little time with Rahul."

"Khushi... Khushi relax. breathe baba."

"Sorry, I really feel bad for leaving you alone there."

"It i okay Khushi. Work is important. I understand."

"Waise, we are saying sorry and thank you a lot to each other no. If Anji gets to know, she'll kill us."

"Don't worry. It'll be our secret."

"Yaay. Arnav, you know, I already miss you. Today morning when I woke up, I didn't know I'd be away from you on your birthday."

"So what Khushi. You'll be back before we know and we can celebrate after."

"Deal. I will plan something big to make up for my absence."

"Yeah, you do that." Arnav said smiling into his phone.

"I love you." She said.

"Love you too Khushi. Take care of yourself. Bye"

"Arrrey, where are you going so fast. Talk to me a little more. What else do you have to do?" Arnav chuckled at his wife's comment.

"True. What would I do here without you?" he agreed.

"Anyway. I have asked HP to prepare your favourites. You know, to make up for my absence. I can't believe I am going to miss seeing you turn 30."

"Well, HP making food cannot make up for your absence. You can do that yourself once you come back. You know what I mean." Arnav said as she leaned back in the recliner.

"Haaaye. Sharm naam ki koi cheese hai bui ki nahi? You are becoming shameless by the day."

"What is there to be ashamed of Khushi? Pati hoon mai tumhaara. Haq banta hai mera."

"Hamesha yah sochte rahte ho. This is not the ASR I used to know."

"Of course not, ab ye kya baat hui. Can't I flirt with my wife now?"

"Haan haan, kaun rok raha hai. I am just pointing it out."

"Arnav baba, Khana lag gya." Hari Prakash said knocking at the door.

"Go Arnav. Go have your food. Will call you later." Khushi said as she heard what HP

"Did you have food Khushi?"

"Not yet."

"Go eat then. Will talk to you soon."

After dinner Arnav caught up on a little work he had pending. He did some reading after. His eyes inadvertently kept glancing at the clock in regular intervals. It was s five minutes to twelve. He took his phone from the table where he had put it to charge earlier. HE was expecting a call from Khushi. Anjali would be mid-flight and wouldn't be able to call.

'So that is how things are going to be' He thought. Of course things change. Nothing remains the same for the entirety of their lives. People grow up and priorities change. It still hurt.

When midnight struck, he kept looking at his phone. No calls. No texts. He switched his phone off and then on, just in case. Rookie move. He knew that. still, you never know what would work.

It was 12:23 when his phone finally rang. He eagerly glanced at it, only to see his father in law's name flash on the screen.

"Hello Arnav beta." Arnav heard Shashi on the phone.

"Ji thank you."

"What beta?"

Arnav had said thank you without thinking.

Did they not know? - Arnav wondered.

"Can you come here now? Woh Garimaji..." The call ended abruptly, making Arnav concerned.

Arnav dashed to the doors. Running to his Sasural.

As soon as he pushed the door open, he saw his wife with a gleaming smile on her face, in front of him. She was holding a cake that read ' Arnav 30'.

"Happy Birthday." She said.

Arnav couldn't stop smiling. Of course, Khushi couldn't leave him on his birthday. They had their traditions which they followed religiously. But, he'd like to change the sleepover tradition starting this birthday, he thought.

He saw Anjali and Rahul behind Khushi. Shashi, Garima, Rahul's parents, Aman and a few other friends were present as well.

Anjali took the cake from Khushi and she went forward to hug her husband.

"Acha laga?" She asked before placing a small kiss on his cheek.

He nodded in response. Hugging her tight, he saw Anjali give the cake to Rahul as she came forward to join the two.

"Happy birthday bhai." Anjali said.

"Acha naatak tha, by the way. Your exit was a little suspicious."

"What. We had very little time."

Arnav saw Rahul set the cake on the table and motioned for him to join.

"I am coming in." Rahul said before joining the group hug.

Arnav had warmed up to him. Given there was only a little time they got to interact, they had made relatively good progress.

The party did not last long. People departed one by one. Only Garima Shashi and Rahul's parents were remaining.

"So, Anji when are you actually going?" Arnav asked as he took a bite of the cake.

"Why, are you so eager to kick me out?"

"Not like that. Just want to know."

"Well, Arnav Maama, you can keep her with you for a while. She is not going to travel anymore." Rahul said joining the conversation.

Before Arnav could process the information, he heard his wife squeal and run to hug Anjali and Rahul.

"Congratulations Anji."

"And me?" Rahul asked

"Haan haan, you too." she said.

Arnav congratulated the couple. Rahul and Anjali took the blessings of the elders as well.

Anjali informed them that she would be staying with them while Rahul would try and visit as much as possible. Rahul was anyway planning to continue this job only until Anji gave birth to their child. Then he would start his own business. He was closely following the European style of recruiting new talents.

They said their byes to the elders and retired for the night.

"You had me concerned." Arnav said when Khushi joined him in their room later.

"You seriously thought I left you on your birthday."

"I was a little sad. Yes."

"Don't worry. I won't ever do that as long as I am alive. Promise."

"Good. Now since that is settled, I have another concern to raise."

"Which is?"

"The fact that I am going to be a Mama before I get to be a Dad."

"Haaye. Phir wahi baat?"

"Haan Khushi. You know I am a very competitive person. I don't like coming second in anything. Whatever it is."

"Kuch bhi." Khushi said as she settled on the bed next to him.

"Trust me Khushi. I don't."

"Well, forget about it at least until Anji's baby is born."

Arnav considered it for a minute.

"Okay, under one condition."

"And that is?" She asked.

"We keep practising as much as possible."

"Deal." she said bringing a 100 Watt smile on her husband's face.

Well, things were good and they were happy. Of course they bickered. Like any normal couple, they fought. But they made up soon after. That was enough for them for the time being.

******************

That is the end. Hope you liked it.

Please make sure to vote - and if you haven't voted for previous chapters, please vote. It means a lot :)

Thank you for  supporting me through this story.

I have posted a new story called 'Off the Stage'. Do have a look at it.

Waiting for your feedback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
33.3K 1.3K 2
Random three shot on Arnav and Khushi. Anjali 'Your house? And what husband? He is not your husband. Did you hear me he is not your husband? Your ma...
54.8K 1.6K 5
Khushi and Arnav were enjoying their rabba ve moments after their remarriage. Arnav showered her with love but still enjoyed riling her up just to se...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...