Fight Fire With Fire

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Dean and Natalia are demons. It's up to Sam, Rae and Cas to save them... And to remove the Mark from them bot... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
1. Heartbreaker
2. Rockin' in the Free World
3. Sole Survivor
4. The Road So Far
6. The Weight
7. Murders in the Rue Morgue
8. Long Black Road
9. Good Girl Gone Bad
10. Only a Matter of Time
11. Death Row
12. The Gambler
13. The Boys Are Back in Town
14. Everything is Alright
15. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
16. Tequila Sunrise
17. The Prisoner
18. Brother, Sister
19. Run Through the Jungle
20. Right Now
21. Lay Down This Curse
22. Night Moves
23. Give 'em the Axe
24. Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon
25. Just My Imagination
26. Hells Bells
27. Changing Tracks
28. Don't You Forget About Me
29. Any Road
30. Midnight Rider
31. The Unforgiven II
32. Storm Front
33. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)
34. Crooked Little Man
35. Fight or Fall
36. Open Arms
37. Turn the Page
38. Mama You've Been on My Mind
39. Born to be Wild
40. Instant Karma
41. Man in the Box
42. The Number of the Beast
43. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
44. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
45. Stuck In the Middle With You
46. The Vampire Strikes Back
47. Hellhound on My Trail
48. Real Wild Child
49. The Draw
50. The Memory Remains
51. Whatever it Takes
52. Mother Mary
53. Operation Mindcrime
54. All Along the Watchtower
55. Nothing Else Matters
56. Jumpin' Jack Flash
57. These Dreams
58. Big Empty
59. King (And Queen) of Pain
60. Space Cowboy
61. Break on Through
62. I Am the Fire
63. Only One
64. Good Intentions
65. Magical Mystery Tour
67. Rev On the Red Line
68. Supernatural Man
69. Demigods
70. To Beat the Devil
71. Under Pressure
72. Good Times Roll
73. Stranger in a Strange Land
74. Makin' Monsters For My Friends
75. Battle Scars
76. Day to Feel Alive
77. The Necromancer
78. Let It Ride
79. Please Call Home
80. Symphony of Destruction
81. Searchin' For a Rainbow
82. No Time
83. Keeping the Faith
84. Till It Shines
85. Archangel Thunderbird
86. Peace of Mind
87. Closer to the Edge
88. Gone Too Soon
89. These Days
90. God Was Never on Your Side
Quadrilogy

66. Ready Set Let's Go

65 0 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

[The Thing]

(Okay, but, this seemed to fit the end of the episode...)

PORTSMOUTH, RHODE ISLAND, 1925

INT. MEN OF LETTERS CAPITULUM SEVEN

Chanting sounded as two robed and hooded men dragged a struggling woman in a beaded flapper dress through the door into a candlelit bunker style room. They were followed by a leader dressed in an ornate burgundy robe carrying a chalice."

The Men of Letters cultists chanted repeatedly, "Insanidox koth munto."

The men chanted and gathered items and images of the men shackling the flapper to a stone table.

The flapper whimpered and sobbed. "No, please! No!"

An ornately dressed man prepared for a ritual. A rusty metal box sat to the side. A chain was fastened around the still struggling flapper's middle. Robed hands crushed the fruit into the chalice, blood was poured in, as was a vial of glowing blue angel grace. The chanting stopped and the leader began.

The leader held the chalice above the woman on the table. "Insanidox koth munto... Yokoth."

The lead cultist put the chalice on the table and removed a chain from around his neck. The chain had a large purple crystal pendant. He held it over the chalice with his other hand held in benediction. The contents of the chalice began glowing purple.

The leader chanted again. "Insanidox koth munto. Yokoth."

"Yokoth! Yokoth!" the Men of Letters cultists chanted.

The crystal shot a beam of purple light towards the ceiling where an inter dimensional rift formed above the woman and the table. As the cultists chanted, a large tentacle swooped out of the rift towards the woman who screamed in terror.

LEBANON, KANSAS - PRESENT DAY

BUNKER - MAP ROOM

Sam and Dylan were asleep at the map table. They were leaning over with their heads resting on a book and their outstretched arms. Dean and Natalia came up behind Sam and Dylan and carefully placed a post-it note that read 'DUM DUM' and 'ROMEO' on the back of Sam and Dylan's shirts. Dean and Natalia both placed a second note that read 'KICK ME' on Sam and Dylan's backs.

Sam and Dylan both stirred with a quiet grunt and lifted their heads, but remained asleep. Dean and Natalia paused and shook their heads minutely, hoping that Sam and Dylan wouldn't wake up. Sam and Dylan placed their heads back down on their arms and Dean and Natalia, satisfied that their brother and husband were still sleeping, continued placing two more post-it notes on Sam and Dylan's backs. Dean's final two read 'ASS FACE' and 'I'M STUPID ASK ME'. Natalia's final two read 'MY WIFE IS BETTER' and 'BOOKWORM'. As Dean and Natalia placed the last notes, Sam and Dylan sat up with a groan, rubbing their eyes as they woke.

Dean and Natalia jumped back looking guilty, but casually walked past Sam and Dylan towards the chair at the end of the table as if they'd just entered the room.

"Dean? Natalia?" Sam and Dylan called sleepily.

Dean and Natalia both pulled out a chair and sat. "Yeah?"

"What are you two doing?"

Natalia shrugged. "Not much. Was feeling nauseous, but it passed."

Dean gestured with his hands and casually picked up a coffee cup. "Nothing. Uh, whatcha two reading?"

He took a sip from the mug. Sam and Dylan looked at Dean and Natalia suspiciously and adjusted their shirts. They inhaled deeply, rubbed their foreheads and looked down at the book on which Sam had been sleeping.

"Well... Um... Dyl and I finally found something on the Seal of Solomon, but - it's really weird," Sam said.

"Yeah, hit us!" He sniffed before taking a sip.

"All right." Sam began reading from the book. "Then Mighty Solomon commanded unto his priests 'Bind my Seal'. But the jewel was of the cosmos."

"Jewel of the cosmos? What does that mean?"

Dylan shrugged. "We don't know. Maybe a-a meteorite?"

Dean considered his words. "Mm. Yeah, maybe. Well, forget what it is. Where the hell would that be?"

Sam and Dylan tossed their hands in frustration. "It doesn't say."

Dean sighed. "Okay, so we've got the blood of a holy man, we've got fruit of the Tree of Life, but this piece of Kryptonite, we've been through every book in this place, and we've got squat."

Sam rubbed his forehead. "Yeah. All right, I guess we should check the archives again." He and Dylan stood and headed out of the room.

"Great," Dean and Natalia muttered sarcastically.

ARCHIVES

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean entered the room and turned on the lights. There were four long rows of library style shelves lined with books and stacks of papers, several trunks haphazardly full of books and a table with four chairs.

Sam rolled up his sleeves. "All right. Dylan and I go left, you and Nat go right."

Sam and Dylan headed to the left side of the room. Dean and Natalia dropped their heads back, bored and frustrated.

"I love books," Dean and Natalia said in a more sarcastic tone.

Dean and Natalia shook their fists in a fake cheer and moved to the right side of the room. Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean pulled books from the shelves and sat at the table to begin reading. They continued to select and bring back more material until the table was full of books. Eventually Dean looked up from the book he was reading with an expression of success that drew Sam, Natalia and Dylan's attention.

"What?" Sam, Natalia and Dylan asked.

Dean, who was just being silly, replied, "Nothin'."

Dean threw a book through a shelf in frustration. He sat at the table, asleep while sitting up. Sam noticed and slapped the table to get Dean's attention. They continued to sit and toss material away from them as they found nothing.

Natalia brushed down a wave of nausea and muttered, "I hate morning sickness."

Dylan took her hand and kissed it. "Need anything darlin'?"

"I think I'm okay for now."

KITCHEN

Sam and Dylan walked into the kitchen and caught a glimpse of their backs in the mirror. They saw the post-it notes.

"Oh, come on. Are you kidding me? Dean!" Sam yelled.

Dylan frowned. "Oh, son of a -- Natalia!"

Sam and Dylan tried to pull the notes off of their shirts when Dean and Natalia came in the other door, the latter carrying a box.

"Sa -- Hey," Dean and Natalia greeted.

"Are you two serious?" Sam and Dylan retorted.

"What?"

Sam and Dylan pointed to their backs angrily.

"Oh, it's hilarious," Dean said. "Forget that, look. The Men of Letters found it. Solomon's treasure." He put the box on the table and slapped it.

"Where?"

Dean opened the box and pulled out some papers. "1917, in what is modern day Israel. According to this," he showed Sam and Dylan a document, "they dug it up. And, uh, here, look at the, uh, right there." He pointed at the page.

Sam read from the page. "Uh, among the items found -- a crystal that glows with an unearthly light."

"That's gotta be the Seal, right?"

"It's gotta be. Where is it?" Dylan wondered.

"Uh, uh, it says that they took it to uh... Cap... Capitalum seven in Portsmouth, Rhode Island."

"Capitulum Seven?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah."

"Capitulum means uh, chapterhouse."

Dean pretended he knew that. "Yeah."

Natalia glanced at her eldest brother. "Yeah, play smartypants."

Dean glared at her as Sam said, "So the Men of Letters has only one bunker, but they have smaller outposts all over the place. Capitulum One is in Jamestown. Capitulum Seven, I guess, is in Portsmouth, Rhode Island."

"There it is." Dean pointed at the document Sam was holding.

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean looked at each other in delight at having found it.

Dean and Natalia held their arms out in a voilà gesture and exclaimed, "Jinkies!"

Sam looked disgusted at the Scooby-Doo reference and Dylan looked annoyed, but Dean and Natalia raised their eyebrows, pleased with themselves.

"You're both going to stop saying that eventually, right?" Sam asked.

"I don't know," Dean and Natalia replied. "Probably not. Look." They clapped their hands in enthusiasm. "Let's go!" Dean and Natalia walked out of the kitchen.

EXT. - DAY

The Impala sped down a number of roads until Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean pulled up outside a boarded up old brick building with a rusted out car covered in vines in front. They got out and walked around the corner of the building.

"You sure this is it?" Dean asked.

"That's what the map says," Sam answered.

They walked through an open fence. There was scattered metal debris on the ground. They looked around.

"So where's the door?" Dean and Natalia wondered.

Sam and Dylan noticed what looked like a manhole cover with a symbol on it. "Dean. Nat."

Dean and Natalia saw what Sam and Dylan saw on the manhole cover. "Huh."

"No way!"

Sam brushed some leaves off of the manhole cover, revealing a stylized keyhole.

"Ask questions, get answers," Dean stated.

Sam pulled out a box with a key like the one for the bunker. He put the key in the hole, unlocked the cover and opened it, letting light and leaves in. Dean lowered himself down, then Sam, then Dylan, then Natalia. They pulled out flashlights.

"This way," Sam instructed.

With a loud clank, the lights were turned on and Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean turned a corner into a corridor strewn with books on the floor. They put their flashlights away and moved down the corridor.

"Looks familiar, huh?" Dean and Natalia questioned.

Sam and Dylan scoffed. "Yeah." Sam and Dylan pulled out their flashlights again and aimed it at the wall where there was a Aquarian Star with an eye at its center. "Except for that."

"Hmm."

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean opened a door to a dark room. They turned on the light to reveal a library like room. There were books on the floor and on the desks and tables. There were bookshelves on one wall and papers tacked to other walls. A large wooden card catalogue drawer set was by the door.

"Great. More books," Dean and Natalia muttered.

"You two love books," Sam shot back. "All right, look for anything on King Solomon."

The four explored the room. Dean and Natalia noticed a sprawling pile of photographs on the table and sifted through them with their fingers.

Sam and Dylan looked at the contents of the room with their flashlights. "Don't know where to start, Dean, Nat."

Dean and Natalia ignored Sam and Dylan's comment when they saw one photograph that was apart from the pile of others and Dean picked it up.

"Hmm," Dean hummed.

The photograph was of the flapper that the MOL Cultists tied to the table. Dean flipped the photo over and the back reads: 'Sandy Porter 5'3", 115 lbs, Eyes: B, Born: Feb 10, 1903'.

Sam and Dylan found a portfolio of papers on a shelf and noticed that the top page read: 'Solomon - 1917 and has the Aquarian star with the eye on the letterhead.'

Sam pulled the portfolio off the shelf, and knocked over a number of objects. "No way. Dean? Nat?"

"Hmm?" Dean and Natalia hummed in a questioning tone.

"Check this out." Sam brought the portfolio to a table when they heard a woman's voice in the distance, coming from another room.

"Who's there? Help me! Is someone there!?" the woman cried.

The Winchesters ran out of the room to find the woman. As they ran down a corridor she continued to call.

"Hurry! Please! Please! Hurry!" the woman said.

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean turned a corner and went up some stairs to a locked door. The men broke it open with their shoulders and entered the room. A woman, from the photo Dean was looking at, was chained to the stone table.

"Who are you?" the woman asked.

"We're here to help you," Sam told her. "But..."

"How long have you been down here?" Dean questioned.

The woman struggled in her chains. "I don't know."

Dean flashed to the photographs in the library room. He recognized the woman on the table to be the same woman from the photograph.

" You have to get me out of here," the woman said.

"Wait, are you... are you Sandy Porter? Born in 1903?" Dean asked.

"Yes," Sandy replied. Sam tapped Dean's arm in confusion while Natalia and Dylan glanced at Dean, and the four exchanged a look. "Thank God you found me."

INT. ASMODEUS' LAIR

A demon named Wallace was standing in a corridor, guarding the door to Asmodeus' throne room. Arthur Ketch walked swiftly around the corner and went to enter Asmodeus' throne room.

Wallace stopped him. "No, no, no, no. Asmodeus is busy."

"Then why did he call for me?" Ketch asked.

"Don't know. Ask him yourself when he's ready, which he isn't, because he's busy, so..."

Ketch spoke in a disgruntled tone. "Might you have something to read?"

Wallace motioned towards a bench and returned to the door.

EXT. MEN OF LETTERS CAPITULUM SEVEN

Sam closed the manhole cover and he, Dean, Natalia, Dylan and Sandy moved towards the Impala. Sandy was wearing one of the boys' purple plaid shirts over her flapper dress.

Sandy was startled by an airplane flying above. "That's... not possible."

"It's true," Sam told her. "Sandy, it's 2018. You were down there for almost a 100 years."

"No. You're lying."

"Sandy, I know it's a lot to take in, okay. But... Well, look, this is -- what a car looks like now," Dean said, gesturing towards the Impala. "Well, they should."

Sam pulled his cell phone from of his pocket. "This... this is a phone, and a camera and... everything else." He handed Sandy his phone and held the back door of the car open.

"Welcome to the future," Dean and Natalia stated.

Sam and Dylan gestured for Sandy to get in the car. "Please."

The hunters got in the car while Sandy stared out the back passenger side window in awe and confusion.

INT. ASMODEUS' LAIR

Ketch was sitting waiting for Asmodeus. He was reading a colourful children's book called "Leaps & Ladders" with a sour expression on his face. Wallace and another demon were talking while looking at a cell phone in the background.

"Yeah, no way," Wallace said. "This thing's amazing. Look, you just click on the kitty video." He snapped his fingers. "It loads, just like that. Look, napping in a sunbeam! Look at him! Look at this little guy. His little hat! Oh, yeah, I love cats."

As the demons chuckled at the video, Ketch silently got up and snuck behind the demons into Asmodeus' throne room. Gabriel, with a bloody face, moaned through sewn shut lips.

"There we go. Oh, just a little more," Asmodeus said.

As Gabriel moaned in pain, Asmodeus was extracting Gabriel's angel grace via a large metal syringe which he had inserted into the archangel's neck. Ketch stepped inside the door and observed Asmodeus and Gabriel. Asmodeus took the syringe and injected the angel grace into his arm and sighed contentedly as he felt the grace in his system.

Ketch cleared his throat. "Bad time?"

Asmodeus removed the needle from his arm and turned to face Ketch. The door behind Ketch opened and Wallace entered the room.

"My lord, I... tried to stop him," Wallace told him.

Asmodeus glared at Wallace. "Did you now?"

"Look, you called me for me, I came. If you don't need me, I have-" Ketch was cut off.

"Ketch, Ketch, Ketch," Asmodeus scolded, moving towards Ketch, passing Gabriel who whimpered and flinched as he walked past. "My boy." He gripped Ketch by the shoulders and turned him back around towards the door. "I called you 'cause you work for me." He ushered Ketch out the door and back to the bench in the corridor with a hand on his back. "And I need you, when I need you."

Ketch spoke in an annoyed tone. "That's not our arrangement, and I'm not the help. This is a freelance contract."

Asmodeus ignored Ketch. "So be a good lad... and wait." He flashed his yellow eyes at Ketch who glared at him, but ultimately Ketch nodded and sat back down. Asmodeus turned and wen back into the throne room.

KRISPY'S DINER

Amy, one of the waitresses, was taking an order.

"Amy," Buck called.

"Hey, Buck," Amy greeted. "Have you decided what you want?"

"Yeah. I'd like to try something different."

Joanne, the other waitress, spoke to the cook. "Poor Buck. He comes in here bird-dogging after Amy and she won't give him a simple yes or no."

Marco, the cook, just smiled. Joanne turned around to watch Amy and Buck.

"Well, whatever you think Amy, I mean, you know better than me," Buck said.

"Still, if Amy don't want any, I'll go a few rounds with that boy." Joanne laughed and turned back towards the silent cook. "Oh... I like talking to you Marc. You make me laugh."

The diner door opened and Dean, Natalia, Dylan and Sam entered escorting Sandy.

Joanne addressed Dean. "Sit anywhere you like, hon."

Sandy looked at the lights on the ceiling. "Everything's so... electric."

Dean ushered Sandy into a booth. Marco the cook saw Sandy. A dismayed look crossed his face. Sandy examined the tabletop jukebox. Dean saw her, pulled a coin from his pocket and picked a song. Jay Ramsay's Better Luck Next Time began to play.

Joanne came to take their order. "Folks, what'll it be?"

"Uh, well, what's good?" Sam and Dylan asked.

"Well, people love the clam cakes, but if you ask me you gotta try the stuffies."

"I don't know what stuffies are. I'll take two. And the clam cakes," Dean said.

"Anything to drink?"

"Uh, water will be great." Sam gestured to everyone at the table. "And an herbal or peppermint tea for the brunette woman."

Joanna said with good-natured sarcasm, "Oh, that's exciting. It comes with a lemon. You sure you can handle that?" She turned to Sandy. "How about you sweetie? Oh my goodness, you're all skin and bones. When's the last time you ate somethin'?"

"You know what, let's get the women the uh, the -- the meat loaf."

Marco pulled out a phone and made a call. The recipient of the call was a young brunette woman. She had an Aquarian star with an eye in the middle tattooed onto her right forearm.

The brunette answered the call. "Marco?"

"We got a problem," Marco said.

As Marco raised the phone he revealed that he also had the Aquarian star with an eye in the middle tattooed onto his right forearm.

"Yes, we do. A very big problem."

The brunette turned, revealing that she was at Capitulum seven. She was looking at the table and chains where Sandy was being held.

INT. KRISPY'S DINER

Sam, Sandy, Natalia, Dylan and Dean were sitting at the table awaiting their food order.

"I don't... How... How am I still alive?" Sandy wondered.

"Um... we don't really know yet," Sam and Dylan admitted.

"And... and how are you so calm about the fact that... I'm still alive?"

"This kind of weird. It's sort of our thing," Dean told her.

"I- I don't know what that means."

"It means that we can help you," Sam explained. "We just have to um... You know what, let's start with the basics. How did you get down there in the first place?"

"I met this man. He said he was... part of a secret club. I thought he was talking about a speakeasy or something. But he called it Men of... words?"

"Men of Letters?" Sam and Natalia asked.

"Yes, how... how did you two know that?"

"Like I said, it's sort of our thing," Dean repeated.

Sam frowned. "Wait a second. So these Men of Letters, they were the ones who -- chained you down there?"

Sandy grew visibly upset. "I think. I... I..."

"Sandy, whatever happened down there, you're safe now, okay? We'll protect you. I promise," Dean said.

"There was chanting." Sandy's memories flashed back to the night that she was dragged in and chained up by the cultists. "And then there was this...light." She remembered the lead cultist chanting "Yokoth! Yokoth!" and the portal opening. "Like a... rip in the air." Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean exchanged a significant look at that description. "And it happened..." She remembered the tentacles descending and wrapping around her. "They were using me to... to feed it."

"To feed what?" Sam and Dylan questioned.

Sandy whispered in fear, "The monster."

Joanne approached the table with a carafe. "Sure I can't get you any coffee?"

"Excuse me." Sandy pushed Sam and Dylan who moved to let her out of the booth. She headed towards the back of diner, presumably to the ladies' room.

"Sweetie, you okay?"

Marco watched Sandy leave the main room and pulled a small bottle out of his pocket. Using an eyedropper, he dripped something onto the food Sam, Dean, Natalia, Dylan and Sandy had ordered. He walked to another part of the kitchen and pulled an old looking knife with a wicked curved blade off of a shelf where it was hidden. He thumbed the blade.

ASMODEUS' THRONE ROOM

The door opened and Ketch walked in. Asmodeus was seated on his throne. Gabriel was in a nearby cage.

Asmodeus spoke sarcastically. "Mr. Ketch. Sorry to keep you waitin'."

Ketch looked over at Gabriel who was huddled in his cage, before addressing Asmodeus in an angry tone. "Why am I here?"

"The Winchesters are gathering up pieces to a spell. A real big magic sort of affair."

"I've heard. Their pet angels were just in the Holy Land."

Asmodeus leaned forward in his throne. "You knew and didn't tell me?"

"You didn't ask."

"I shouldn't have to ask."

Ketch replied slightly conciliatory, "I was merely gathering intelligence."

Asmodeus leaned forward. "In the future, you let me fill in the blanks. The last prophet that checked out of here said they was trying to open up a portal to another even more epically messed up world. To do that, they need ingredients. We need to stop them."

"Ingredients? Such as?"

"Well, if they got the spell from the Demon Tablet, which they did -- some blood, few other things, and whole mess of archangel grace."

"Ah, and here you are pumping it into your veins."

As they spoke, Gabriel listened from behind the bars.

Asmodeus continued. "Everyone needs a little pick me up from time to time. But enough about my juice box. It's time we talk about us. You see... I don't believe you understand the nature of this relationship."

"You pay me. I do what needs to be done. End of transaction," Ketch said.

Asmodeus stroked his beard. "Yeah. See. No. It's more like, I own you."

"You don't ow-"

Asmodeus cut off Ketch. "And it's time you get in line, boy."

"If that's how you feel. I believe I'm done here. Good day." Ketch turned to leave, but Asmodeus had teleported behind him and was blocking the path to the door.

"You're done when I say you're done."

Gabriel watched in horror as Asmodeus beat Ketch. First he hit Ketch in the stomach, then the face, laughing as he did so. Ketch tried to fight back but was no match for the demon Prince. Using his power, Asmodeus held Ketch immobile on his knees.

"You're gonna learn, son. You do what I say..." Asmodeus brutally punched Ketch in the face, knocking him to his stomach on the floor, "When I say!" Asmodeus kicked Ketch in the face. He picked Ketch up by the back of his jacket and slammed his face into a pillar. And if you ever even think of sassing me again..."

Asmodeus picked Ketch up as if he weighed nothing, and threw him onto a wooden table. The table splintered and collapsed. Ketch was bleeding heavily and barely conscious. Asmodeus stopped and noticed Ketch's blood that has splattered on his white suit.

Asmodeus said in an annoyed tone, "Ah. Look what you did to my suit."

KRISPY'S DINER

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean sat at the table. Sandy hadn't returned.

"Okay, what the hell, man, sis, Dyl?" Sam wondered. "I mean... we tested her for everything -- holy water, silver, she passed it all so..."

"Yeah, and she's been down in a basement for 90 years," Dean said. "How does she look the way she does? And this doesn't sound like the Men of Letters either. I mean, they're boring. They wear tweed. They smoke from pipes. They -- they... don't kidnap people."

"Except apparently, they did. Oh, and this, uh the -- the flash of light that Sandy talks about seeing, this rip in the air, sounds like..."

"Like a rift. So what now? They're opening doors to different worlds and -- and 'Buffalo Billing' chicks?"

"And feeding a monster," Dylan added. "So... not boring after all."

Natalia frowned. "But all the Men of Letters died 60 years ago."

Sam met her eyes. "Longer than that."

"So then who's been keeping her down there?" Dean asked.

"You know what? How 'bout this? You and Dylan stay here with Sandy, Nat and I'll go back-"

"No, no, no. What?" Dean and Dylan protested.

"What?"

"I'm not gonna let you and Nat go back there by yourselves. Need I remind you, our sister is pregnant."

"Dean-" Sam began.

"No, this is what we're gonna do. We're gonna find Sandy a motel room. We're gonna teach her how to use the TV. Well, we're gonna have to tell her what a TV is. And then we're gonna go back together."

Dean was interrupted when Joanne arrived with the food that Marco dosed.

"Here we go," Joanne said, speaking to Sam. "Lobster roll, no bun, and kale salad for you, String Bean." She left to get the rest of their order.

Dean and Natalia looked disgustedly at Sam's salad. "Kale's a garnish."

"It's healthy. I'm watching my cholesterol, like you two should be."

"Yeah, I'm watching my cholesterol. Watching it go up," Dean shot back. "Nat needs cholesterol to be strong."

Sam took a forkful of his bunless lobster roll. Buck and Amy were at the cash register where Buck was paying for his meal.

"Well, I guess I will see you... later," Buck said.

Amy smiled at him as he handed her some money. Buck turned towards the door, but before he exited, he saw something outside. He peeked through the blinds on the door for a better look and saw the robed and hooded cultists outside surrounding the diner.

"What the hell?" Buck questioned.

At the table, Joanne was delivering Dean and Dylan's food. "Clam cakes."

"Mmm," Dean hummed.

"Two orders of stuffies."

Dean caught Sam's attention and pointed to the bit of green on his plate. "See? Garnish."

"And, meat loaf for our young ladies."

Natalia instantly bit into her food.

Before Dean and Dylan could take a bite, Buck turned back from the windows and addressed the room in a fearful tone. "Hey. Something weird's going on."

Dean and Dylan looked outside and saw the cultists surrounding the diner. They said calmly, eyes still on the cultists, "Sam. Nat."

Sam and Natalia noticed the cultists but then began to cough and shook their heads.

"Go get Sandy," Dean instructed.

Dylan frowned. "Babe? Natalia?"

Sam and Natalia's vision became blurry and Dean and Dylan's voices seemed to be coming from a distance instead of from across the table. Dean noticed Sam and Natalia's distress.

Dean and Dylan spoke in an alarmed tone. "Sam? Natalia? Sam? Natalia? Hey. Hey! Hey!"

With a groan, Sam and Natalia passed out onto their arms.

"Wait... wait..." Dean and Dylan called as Sandy came back from the bathroom. "Sandy!"

The electricity cut out in the diner and the cultists streamed in through the door.

"Hey. Wait. Wait. What's..." Buck was cut off as he was attacked by one of the cultists. One of the cultists was the brunette that Marco had been calling. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Hey! Hey! Hey!"

"What's going on?" Sandy asked.

Dean stood. "Sandy! Come here. Sit down."

"Buck!" Amy cried fearfully.

Dean and Dylan motioned her into the booth with their unconscious brother/brother-in-law and sister/wife. The cultist was beating Buck. Amy screamed in fear and Dean and Dylan pulled their guns. Just then, Marco rushed Dean and Dylan with the curved knife. Marco knocked Dean and Dylan's guns from their hand. The three men fought and Dean flipped Marco away. A robed cultist attacked Dean and Dylan, grabbing them by the throat and shoved them away from the table into the back wall of the diner. Dean and Dylan got free and punched the cultist, then flipped him away too. They kicked the robed figure and went to pick him up when another smaller cultist jumps on Dean's back. Dean spun free, but a large cultist was waiting and tried to stab him and Dylan. Dean and Dylan blocked the knife, but the momentum carried them and the big cultist through the swinging doors into the kitchen. Dean and Dylan slammed the cultist into the glass refrigerator and into a metal shelf of pots and pans. The cultist fought back, still trying to stab Dean and Dylan with his knife. The cultist got a hand on Dean and Dylan's throats and began choking them. A groggy Sam and Natalia were waking up looking for their brother and brother-in-law/husband in the dark chaos.

"Dean? Dylan?" Sam and Natalia called.

"Sammy!" Dean cried. "Nat!"

"Sam! Nat!" Dylan yelled.

"Dean. Dylan," Sam and Natalia said.

Sam and Natalia started to move towards Dean and Dylan's voices, but Marco got up from where he was thrown behind Sam and Natalia. Marco and another cultist pulled a black bag over both Sam and Natalia's heads.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Sam and Natalia asked.

Marco and the cultist dragged Sam and Natalia out of the diner. Meanwhile in the kitchen, Dean reached a baking sheet and used it to hit the cultist choking him and Dylan over the head, knocking the cultist away. Dean used the sheet as a shield to block the knife thrusts the cultist made. Ultimately, Dean tossed the sheet pan over his shoulder and grappled with his robed attacker. Dean and Dylan were able to knock the knife away and got in a few good punches before the cultist punched Dean and Dylan, knocking them off their feet. The cultist picked up the knife and loomed over Dean and Dylan, about to stab them to death when the point of a blade thrusted through the cultist's chest, killing him. The body fell and Dean and Dylan saw Sandy standing there with a bloody knife. Dean and Dylan got to their feet and went back into the main part of the diner, looking for Sam and Natalia.

"Sammy? Nat?" Dean called.

"Sam? Nat?" Dylan said.

They picked up their guns from the booth where they fell and chambered a round. Sandy came up behind them tentatively. Dean and Dylan could see the cultists still outside surrounding the diner.

Dean and Dylan poured a liquid into glass bottles then stuffed rags into them to make Molotov cocktails. Sandy and the others were looking out the windows.

"They're still out there," Sandy said.

"We gotta call the police," Amy told them.

"My phone's not working," Buck stated.

"They're all dead. Landline, too," Joanne informed.

Sandy knelt down next to a dead cultist and rolled him over. His robe opened, revealing a uniform and a badge.

"Who's that?" Sandy asked Joanne.

Joanne's eyes widened. "The police."

Sandy went into the kitchen where Dean and Dylan were still gathering supplies.

"What are you two doing?" Sandy asked.

"They took my brother and sister, his wife. We're gonna get them back." Dean and Dylan continued to determinedly make Molotov cocktails.

EXT. KRISPY'S DINER

Sam and Natalia, heads out of the bags, were on their knees in front of Marco and his sister, the robed brunette woman; Ophelia.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Sam and Natalia demanded.

Ophelia removed her hood.

"What you stole from us. The monster," Marco replied.

"The what?" Sam and Natalia asked, confused.

"Less a monster, more a god," Ophelia said.

"A... Wait, what are you talkin' about?" Sam and Natalia questioned incredulously.

"How'd you find our chapterhouse?" Marco wondered.

Sam frowned. "Our -- our brother and us and her husband, we -- we're uh... our family was Men of Letters."

Ophelia glanced at Marco. "So was ours."

"Kinda," Marco said.

"Kinda?" Sam and Natalia repeated.

"Our great-grandfather, Diego Avila, was a member. Well, until he-" Ophelia trailed.

"Went psycho. Jim Jones style," Marco finished.

"Pretty much. Diego fought in World War I, and after that, all he could see was blood and violence in this world, so he decided to fix it."

"How?" Sam and Natalia asked.

"Summon a god from another dimension and start over," Marco said.

Ophelia quoted Diego. "'Upon us we shall call forth new gods, Yokoth and her mate Glythur. And they will cleanse this world of hate and bring a new paradise.'"

Marco went on. "They summoned Yokoth, but didn't exactly bring paradise."

The lead cultist, Diego, summoned Yokoth to Sandy back in 1925. Yokoth clamped a tentacle to Sandy's face and entered her body. Sandy's eyes glowed purple and she turned to glare at Diego.

"It ate Diego and most everyone else. Then it tried to summon its mate before they bound it."

"Men of Letters disavowed the whole deal. It banned all the survivors, closed down the chapterhouse tight. Our grandparents, our parents, us, we've been watching over it ever since."

"You mean... Sandy?" Sam and Natalia realized.

INT. ASMODEUS' THRONE ROOM

Asmodeus was prepping a needle with one of the vials of archangel grace that he had extracted from Gabriel. He injected it into his arm and savored the feeling. Ketch, face severely beaten and bloody, watched from across the room where he was propped up against a pillar.

Asmodeus addressed Ketch. "You think you're so high and mighty, better than the rest of us. But you, Mr. Ketch, you are more wicked than any demon I know." He smiled. "I know 'em all."

"At least I still have a soul," Ketch retorted.

Asmodeus chuckled. "What you think that buys you, huh? Souls are messy, all conflict and confusion."

"Well, I know who I am."

"Do you? Because you say you have this code, this Men of Letters code, handed down for centuries. But wait. Wait a minute. You work for me. You act like you're this cold-blooded killer." He crouched in front of Ketch. "But you know what I see when I look in your eyes. Fear. And regret. And pain. I see your chewy middle, boy. You want redemption, but you ain't never gonna get it. Your kind -- our kind -- we can't be redeemed. All we can do is spread out pain around. So no, you don't know who you are. But I do. Which is why no matter where you go, no matter what you do, you're mine."

INT. KRISPY'S DINER

Amy and Joanne looked out the windows, but didn't see any cultists.

"Are they gone?" Joanne asked. "Someone -- someone should see if they're gone?"

Buck saw Amy and Joanne staring at him expectantly. "No. No, not happening!"

Amy looked at Buck. Buck slowly opened the door to the diner. He had a butter knife in his hand and peered around nervously.

Sam and Natalia were still on their knees, talking with Marco and Ophelia.

"You're trying to tell us that Sandy is a god from another dimension?" Sam questioned.

"All she wants to do is eat," Ophelia replied.

"And breed," Marco added.

"Then why didn't you kill it?" Sam and Natalia asked.

Marco frowned. "You don't think we've tried? As far as we know, she can't die."

"So we have been keeping her locked up. Well, that is, until you came along," Ophelia said.

"So, you know, nice work on that one."

Sam and Natalia looked guilty.

"When we saw what you did, we knew that we had to get her back. So, Marco slipped something into your food."

"Oh, you don't say," Sam answered sarcastically, jerking his head to Natalia. "She's pregnant, you know."

"Sorry. We have been starving Yokoth for decades, keeping her weak. But if she gets food in her belly..."

"We're all dead," Marco finished.

Buck was looking around the deserted cars in the parking lot. He saw numerous cultists dead on the ground. Sandy/Yokoth approached over his shoulder. He turned around.

"Hey," Buck greeted.

Yokoth smiled, then shot a tentacle out of her mouth, attaching it to Buck's chest. He screamed and began to wither as Yokoth began sucking. Dean and Dylan heard Buck's screams. They pulled and cocked their guns and ran out of the kitchen. Outside, Yokoth finished eating Buck and withdrew her tentacle just as Dean and Dylan came out the diner door, guns drawn. They went over to Yokoth who stood.

"Sandy?" Dean and Dylan called.

Yokoth shot a tentacle at Dean and Dylan.

INT. ASMODEUS' THRONE ROOM

Ketch was leaning against the pillar, pulling a broken tooth out of his mouth and spitting blood. Gabriel peered at him through the bars of his cage, drawing Ketch's attention.

"What are you looking at? If I had half your power, I'd..." Ketch paused, getting an idea and looked around to confirm that Asmodeus was gone. "In fact..." Ketch hurried over to Gabriel's cage. Gabriel moaned and cringed back in fear. "I believe it's time to go." Ketch lifted the door to the cage. "Consider this a rescue."

Gabriel huddled in the far corner, afraid of Ketch. Ketch went to the cabinet and got the archangel blade from its case. He returned to Gabriel.

"Come on, you. Come on!" Ketch yelled.

Gabriel was frightened, especially seeing the archangel blade in Ketch's hand. Ketch reached in and grabbed Gabriel's leg and pulled him out of his cage. Gabriel struggled in panic.

"Come on," Ketch said, dragging a struggling Gabriel down a corridor in Asmodeus' lair. "This would all go so much faster if you just flapped your bloody wings." Ketch came upon Wallace.

"What the hell?" Wallace asked.

Ketch stabbed the demon with the archangel blade, tossed the dead demon aside and turned back to Gabriel. "Where were we?"

EXT. KRISPY'S DINER

Sam and Natalia walked past the door to the diner when Joanne burst out brandishing an iron frying pan. She tried to hit Sam and Natalia, but he ducked, pushing his sister behind him.

"Arrrgh!" Joanne cried.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" Sam yelled.

"String Bean! I thought you and the lady were dead."

"No, not yet. Where's our brother and her husband?"

"They came out to check on Buck."

Marco and Ophelia walked into the parking lot from. They saw the dead cultists on the ground. Joanne saw them and said, "It's them."

"No. Take it easy. They're with us," Natalia told her.

"What?"

"It's a long story," Sam said, walking towards Ophelia and Marco and saw the dead cultists. "Oh, no! No, no, no."

"She got food in her belly," Ophelia informed

"Dean. Dylan," Sam and Natalia stated in a frightened tone.

"If she fed on them they would be here."

"So what, then?"

"It's like we said, if she's not feeding, she's breeding," Marco said.

ALTAR ROOM, MEN OF LETTERS CAPITULUM SEVEN

Dean was lying on the stone table that Sandy had been chained to. He slowly opened his eyes and took in the room. Dylan was unconscious on the floor. He tried to get free, but he was chained to the table.

"Sandy, what the hell?" Dean questioned.

Yokoth was preparing the spell in the chalice. "Sandy's dead. She's been dead for a long time."

"Okay. I'll play. What's your name?"

"Yokoth. Star of Madness. Ravager of Galaxies. Mother of Faceless Hordes."

"Cool. Let me guess. You're not from around here."

Yokoth opened a hidden compartment in the wall and retrieved a metal box. "I'm really not. When foolish humans opened the door, they had no idea what was waiting for them on the other side."

"You mean you?"

"I mean us. It was supposed to be us. Glythur and I, together. But my love... they shut the rift before he could make it through."

Dean spoke with maximum sarcasm. "Oh my God. That's tragic. It's like a Hallmark movie. But with tentacles."

"I like you, Dean. You're strong. And I enjoy looking at your face."

"Whew. You're making me blush."

Yokoth grabbed Dean's face. "That's why I'm going to allow you to be Glythur's host."

"Sorry, what? The host?"

Yokoth opened the metal box and fetched the spell ingredients of blood and archangel grace. As she spoke, she added the ingredients to the chalice. "We've consumed most of our universe. But this one is so full of... light. And of life. And it looks..." she licked her lips with a tentacle that comes out of her mouth. "It looks delicious."

"Okay, I don't know what kind of kinky Gatekeeper-Keymaster think you go going on here, but... I think I'll pass."

Yokoth shushed him with a finger to his mouth, silencing him with magic. She pulled out the Seal of Solomon and began chanting. "Insanidox koth munto, Glythur."

The purple light shot from the Seal and formed a rift on the ceiling. Yokoth put the chain holding the Seal around her neck and resumed chanting. "Insanidox koth munto, Glythur!"

A tentacle dropped out of the rift and attempted to latch onto Dean. Dean dodged and struggled to avoid the tentacle while chained in place. Behind Yokoth, Sam, Natalia, Ophelia and Marco rushed into the room. Yokoth turned and Sam and Natalia shot her, but she kept coming. Dylan woke with a groan and grabbed his gun. Dean pulled a lockpick out of his jeans and began to try and free himself while tentacles writhed around him.

"She has the Seal of Solomon," Ophelia said.

Yokoth shot tentacles at Ophelia and Marco who dove out of the way. Sam and Dylan tackled Yokoth, driving her back against the table where Dean was chained. She hit Sam and Dylan with a tentacle, knocking them down. Dean worked at the lock holding his right hand down.

"You can't kill me!" the Yokoth cried.

Dean got his hand free, grabbed the Seal from Yokoth's neck and tossed it to Ophelia.

Ophelia held up the Seal and chanted, "Panto koth munto!"

The Seal glowed purple light and the tentacles of Glythur grabbed Yokoth and dragged her back into the rift, screaming. Once the tentacles withdrew, the rift closed. Dean panted at the close call while still partially chained to the table.

"Dean," Sam and Natalia called.

As Ophelia and Marco hugged in relief, Sam, Natalia and Dylan went over to free Dean.

"Glad you two could make it," Dean said.

Dean, Sam, Natalia, Dylan, Ophelia and Marco were walking through the Men of Letters Capitalum Seven.

"So, that's why we came. I mean we -- we -- we -- need the Seal to get our family back," Sam explained.

"If it could take us somewhere other than, uh, tentacle porn land -- not that there's anything wrong with that," Dean commented, earning a swat on the chest from Natalia.

"When you cast a spell, you need a guide, something that's been where you need to go. Got it?" Marco told them.

"Got it," Sam and Dylan replied.

"Careful. When you open the door it only stays open for 24 hours. And you never know what's on the other side," Ophelia warned.

"Well, whatever it is, we'll be ready," Dean said.

"I hope you're right." Ophelia handed Dean the Seal.

INT. BUNKER

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean were walking down the circular stairs into the map room.

"You sure you're all right?" Sam asked.

"Considering I was about three seconds away from being an interdimensional booty call, yeah, I'd say I'm all right," Dean replied as they put their bags down on the map table.

Sam chuckled. "Well... we have the Seal. Right? So all we need now is an archangel and we're set. We could call Rae..."

"But she's busy," Natalia said. "Been praying, no response. Guess she's busy."

"Sure, that sounds easy," Dean muttered.

"Yeah," Sam and Dylan agreed wryly.

Ketch emerged from the Library. The Winchesters saw him and immediately pulled their guns on him.

Ketch had his hands up. "Wait."

"Son of a bitch," Dean and Natalia said.

"I come in peace."

"Yeah, right," Sam and Dylan retorted.

"And I brought you a gift." Ketch ducked behind the arch and pulled Gabriel into view.

Sam's eyes widened. "Wait a second. Is that...."

"That Gabriel?" Dean and Natalia finished.

Ketch pushed Gabriel into a chair at the other end of the map table.

"No, no that's impossible. He... he's dead. We -- we saw him die," Sam said.

"Or did you?" Ketch returned.

"What'd you do to him?" Dean and Natalia demanded.

"Not me. Asmodeus. The Prince was holding him prisoner until I liberated the poor man. And I understand you may need an archangel for a spell, perhaps. Well, what luck."

"We need his grace," Sam stated.

When he heard Sam, Gabriel began to screech and moan in fear. Ketch grabbed him and tried to calm him. "No, no, no, no, no. Calm down. Calm down. Nervy."

Ketch reached into his jacket and pulled out one of the vials of grace that Asmodeus had been injecting into himself. He put it carefully on the table. "Here. Take that. And, uh..." Ketch pulled out the archangel blade and also put it on the table. "The archangel blade."

"Why would you... What's the catch? What do you want?" Sam asked.

"Protection. From Asmodeus."

"The one you're working for?" Dean questioned suspiciously.

"Was working for. But when he finds out that I stole his prize milk cow, well, I imagine he will hunt me to the ends of the earth. So... this is the only safe place I know."

Sam scoffed. "What? Do you think you're gonna just move in?"

"Dibs on the top bunk?" Ketch asked hopefully.

"No," Sam and Dylan retorted.

"Deal," Dean and Natalia said at the same time as Sam and Dylan.

"What?" Sam and Dylan turned to look at Dean and Natalia in surprise.

Dean continued. "Nat and I don't know what the hell's going on here. But if this helps us get Mom back, helps us get Jack back, then... sure. Whatever you want." Dean uncocked his gun and put it down on his bag. Natalia copied his actions.

LATER

Sam and Gabriel were sitting at a library table. Sam was using a scalpel and tweezers to remove the stitches from Gabriel's mouth.

"Gabriel... Man, what happened to you?" Sam asked.

Before Gabriel could answer, Dean and Natalia walked into the Library with a ritual bowl and their bags.

"All right, let's do this," Dean and Natalia said.

Sam frowned. "Well, shouldn't we wait?"

"Wait? Why? We got everything we need," Dean replied. "Everything else is just burning daylight. Come on. Let's open this door."

"All right. I'll gather my gear and get Dylan."

"Uh... hold on. I'm heading in with just Nat."

"What?"

"Look, we got a busted up archangel here. And who the hell knows what else? Okay? Somebody's gotta stay here just in case."

Ketch walked into the room, dressed for combat and carrying his bag. "And I'm coming with you two. As I said, Asmodeus will be hunting to the ends of the earth, so it's better if I'm not on this Earth."

Dylan walked into the room and crossed his arms before saying, "It's not much better over there. You know it's a war zone, right?"

"Won't be my first, shan't be my last. Hmm."

"Fine," Dean and Natalia agreed.

"Fine?" Sam repeated, lowering his voice for Dean and Natalia. "So you two want Ketch to go and not us?"

"She and I don't care if he dies. Hell, we're kinda rooting for it," Dean said.

"Still, you two can't-" Dylan was cut off.

"No, we have to. It takes something that's been over there to open up the right door, so that's either you two or us two. So she and I are gonna go. And if something happens to us, if -- if-- if time runs out, then we need you two to come and save us, and save Mom, and save whoever else, okay?"

"It's safer if we go together."

"Oh, there's no such thing as safer over there. You two know that. I know you two don't like this, okay? I don't expect either of you to. This is the way it's gonna be. Dylan, I'll keep her safe, okay? Her and the baby."

"Baby?" Ketch repeated. "Natalia-"

She cut him off. "I'm going and that's that."

Sam and Dylan prepared the spell while Ketch, Natalia and Dean watched. Dean and Natalia pulled out some of their hair and put it in the spell.

"Something that's been there, right?" Dean said.

The spell was almost ready.

"All right. Remember, it's only 24 hours," Sam reminded them.

Sam held the Seal of Solomon over the spell and chanted, "Koth munto notox."

The rift formed. Dean and Natalia checked their watches, grabbed their bags, then put their hands on Sam and Dylan's shoulders, and gave their brother and husband/brother-in-law a significant look.

Dylan kissed Natalia and eyed her, silently warning her to be careful and she nodded.

"Okay," Dean and Natalia said.

Dean and Natalia walked over to the rift, then turned to look at Sam and Dylan. Sam and Dylan nodded minutely, then Dean, Natalia and Ketch walked through the rift which flashed as they entered. Sam and Dylan were left staring at the glowing rift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 21 22
Chuck is, in his own words, a cruel, cruel, capricious God. When he doesn't get his way, all hell breaks loose. Literally. Foes from their past retur...
4.3K 190 95
A force was unleashed due to the removal of the Mark. A long-deceased figure returns. A potentially dangerous entity comes into being. One who pre...
42.8K 1K 26
Avery Reynolds had been through her fair share of trauma and heartache, but after one particularly horrific night, her life would change forever. She...
3.5K 197 44
Eventually all endings have to come to an end. Now that The Winchesters, Corinna, Castiel and Jack finally found out the truth of Chuck's doing, of h...