Fight Fire With Fire

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Dean and Natalia are demons. It's up to Sam, Rae and Cas to save them... And to remove the Mark from them bot... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
2. Rockin' in the Free World
3. Sole Survivor
4. The Road So Far
6. The Weight
7. Murders in the Rue Morgue
8. Long Black Road
9. Good Girl Gone Bad
10. Only a Matter of Time
11. Death Row
12. The Gambler
13. The Boys Are Back in Town
14. Everything is Alright
15. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
16. Tequila Sunrise
17. The Prisoner
18. Brother, Sister
19. Run Through the Jungle
20. Right Now
21. Lay Down This Curse
22. Night Moves
23. Give 'em the Axe
24. Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon
25. Just My Imagination
26. Hells Bells
27. Changing Tracks
28. Don't You Forget About Me
29. Any Road
30. Midnight Rider
31. The Unforgiven II
32. Storm Front
33. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)
34. Crooked Little Man
35. Fight or Fall
36. Open Arms
37. Turn the Page
38. Mama You've Been on My Mind
39. Born to be Wild
40. Instant Karma
41. Man in the Box
42. The Number of the Beast
43. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
44. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
45. Stuck In the Middle With You
46. The Vampire Strikes Back
47. Hellhound on My Trail
48. Real Wild Child
49. The Draw
50. The Memory Remains
51. Whatever it Takes
52. Mother Mary
53. Operation Mindcrime
54. All Along the Watchtower
55. Nothing Else Matters
56. Jumpin' Jack Flash
57. These Dreams
58. Big Empty
59. King (And Queen) of Pain
60. Space Cowboy
61. Break on Through
62. I Am the Fire
63. Only One
64. Good Intentions
65. Magical Mystery Tour
66. Ready Set Let's Go
67. Rev On the Red Line
68. Supernatural Man
69. Demigods
70. To Beat the Devil
71. Under Pressure
72. Good Times Roll
73. Stranger in a Strange Land
74. Makin' Monsters For My Friends
75. Battle Scars
76. Day to Feel Alive
77. The Necromancer
78. Let It Ride
79. Please Call Home
80. Symphony of Destruction
81. Searchin' For a Rainbow
82. No Time
83. Keeping the Faith
84. Till It Shines
85. Archangel Thunderbird
86. Peace of Mind
87. Closer to the Edge
88. Gone Too Soon
89. These Days
90. God Was Never on Your Side
Quadrilogy

1. Heartbreaker

449 7 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

[Black]

Natalia made her way to a crossroads. She buried a box that she'd prepared in advance.

Moments later, a crossroads demon appeared. "A Winchester. Why am I not surprised."

Natalia held up the Second Blade. "I'm not gonna hurt you. Bring Dylan back."

"Sweetie, even if I wanted to, lover boy's the one place I can't go."

"Well, you gotta have some way to bring him back!"

"We're done dealing with Winchesters. You all make everything so complicated."

Natalia pursed her lips. "Fine. If you won't deal, I'll make it easier for you. I wrote a note in case this plan didn't pan out." She broke the Devil's Trap. "Kill me. Free pass."

"Always happy to kill a Winchester."

Natalia handed the Second Blade to the crossroads demon, who stabbed her, then disappeared, dropping the blade.

Crowley appeared next to her. "Oh, Lady. You have no idea what you've just done."

Natalia woke up and frowned. "What the-"

"It's a new kind of life, darling. Come on. I'll take you to Squirrel."

Her eyes flicked black.

EXT. FOREST

A woman was suspended above someone by chains. She was bleeding from several wounds.

"I heard the rumors. I said "no, that can't be". Two Winchesters, one of us? But it's true, isn't it? Whatever soul you had; whatever boy scout code you cuddled up to at night; it's all gone. Leaving what? Look at you!"

Sam held a bloody knife. "Where is Crowley?"

"Eat me," Dar retorted.

Sam nodded and smirked, hesitated, stepped forward, and plunged the knife into Dar's stomach. "One more time! Where is Crowley?!"

Sam twisted the blade as Dar moaned in pain. "Where's my brother and sister?"

"I don't know!" Dar cried.

Sam cut Dar's neck and held a cup to it to catch the blood.

"No one knows!" Dar screamed. "They won't answer!"

"Make the call!" Sam ordered.

"We're under orders!!"

"Make the call!!"

Dar was crying. "Please!"

Sam dropped the cup, grabbed Dar's face, and screamed at her. "Where's my brother and sister?!"

He made his way back to the bunker and picked up the books, 'Demonic Possession' and 'Rituals of Human Possession'.

Sam answered his phone and spoke a little before saying, "Right, right, so, no noticeable crop failures, no mass cattle deaths, nothing?"

"No, nothing on the radar, nothing on the scope. I'd say that's a good thing."

"No... yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. I hear you, Mike. Thanks. That is a good thing. All right, well, keep me posted if anything does pop up."

"All right. Watch yourself, Sam."

"I will. You got it. Thanks."

Sam hung up the phone. He washed his face with his good hand, since one was in the sling, and stared into the mirror. He sat at the table with books, a police scanner, and researched crop conditions on his laptop. Eventually, he got up and opened the door to Dean's room and turned on the light. He picked up a folded note from Dean's pillow, which read 'SAMMY, LET ME GO'. He made his way to Natalia's room and picked up a note. 'SAMMY, I'M SO SORRY. LET ME GO'. He made his way to the kitchen, made breakfast and coffee for himself and sat, still researching. He looked at a page. "Missing Ohio Man Found Slain in Wisconsin". He snatched up his phone and dialed.

"Sam. Hello," Castiel said.

"I think I might have found something. Is Rae there?"

"Oh good, good. She is. She's sleeping." He coughed several times painfully.

"Cas? You there?"

"It's okay, I'm... um... I'm okay. Go... go on." He coughed more painfully.

"All right, get this. A "John Doe" who was murdered in Wisconsin a week ago turns out to be this guy named Drew Neely who went missing from religious order in Northern Ohio... okay?"

"Yeah?" Castiel coughed again.

"Now, Drew Neely had been missing for three years. Killed his wife, his kids... just disappeared. I know it's thin, but... if this guy was possessed..."

"That would make him the first..." Castiel had another coughing fit.

"The first lead, the first anything we've seen in..." Sam stopped, hearing Castiel's constant coughing.

Castiel coughed. "Sorry."

Sam frowned. "Actually... you know what... now that I'm looking at this more, I think, I, uh... think I jumped the gun here, man."

"No, Sam, you said it was something."

"Yeah... uh... it's not," Sam lied. "I was wrong, sorry."

"I can help."

"Cas... we tried that."

"Sam... you can't blame what that demon did to your shoulder on me or Azrael; you were out of..."

"I'm not, I'm not blaming anything on you two. What happened, happened, and... you need to be worrying about yourself. Rae should worry about herself. I really shouldn't have bothered you."

"How are you, Sam?"

"Good. I'm all right. I'm just... tired, you know. Be better when we get them back... after... after I kick their butts."

"I miss them. As does Azrael."

"Yeah."

"Why would they just disappear?"

"Who says they had a choice?"

"Well then, who wrote the notes? If there's any chance... any chance at all that Dean and Natalia are still..."

"Still... even remotely Dean and Natalia?"

Sam hung up and looked with worried and sad.

BAR

Dean sang badly, ""I'm too sexy for my love; too sexy for my love; love's going to leave me.""

Natalia smirked at her brother's singing.

The crowd booed at Dean's terrible singing, but he didn't care. He smiled at a waitress, Anne-Marie. She acknowledged him with a smile as she walked by. Crowley was sitting at a table in the bar, talking to two other men.

Dean sang even more off key. ""I'm too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts. And I'm too sexy for Milan; too sexy for Milan, New York and Japan.""

"Turn it off!" a girl cried.

Dean took a swig from his beer bottle. "Everybody!"

Dean, in bed, rolled off Anne-Marie. They were covered by a bedsheet and looked very satisfied.

"Okay. Wow!" Anne-Marie breathed. "What time is it? Daryl's going to kill me if I'm late from my break again."

Dean reached over to look at the clock. "Oops. Heh-heh-heh."

Anne-Marie sat up and hurriedly got dressed. "Damn! I told you to hurry it up! But then you had to go and do that thing with the... thing."

"Oh, you mean that thing you were begging me for?"

"Begging you to hurry up, maybe."

"Well, let's not argue about good sex."

"It was good, wasn't it?"

"Mmm-hmm... just uh...don't get too excited, you know. Or too attached... 'cause I'm just... rollin' through. So's my friend; that small girl."

"You know, there's about a million other ways you could have said that."

The door opened revealing a perturbed-looking Crowley and an annoyed-looking Natalia who immediately looked away.

"Whoa!" Dean cried.

"Whoa? What's going on here?" Crowley asked.

"What's it look like?"

"In my bed?"

"What?" Dean looked around and shrugged. "Oh yeah... heh-heh."

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

"Moron," Natalia spat.

"Get a room, you three," Anne-Marie said.

"Had a room... until you two soiled it," Crowley replied.

"He's family," Natalia said. "Ech."

"Love you, Crowley," Anne-Marie shot back.

"Love you more... sweetheart," Crowley commented.

"Anne-Marie... jackass."

"Knew that."

Dean stood after pulling on his shirt. "Heh."

"Pants?"

Dean rolled his eyes and put on pants.

Dean, Natalia and Crowley faced off at foosball against two other guys.

"Best of three," Crowley said. "Losers by the beer."

"Lots of beer," Dean and Natalia replied.

"Girl seemed nice. Slightly damaged. I could see the old you falling for that."

"Yeah, well, not to worry. She means nothing," Dean told Crowley.

"Good, good. 'Cause you two and I, we're rolling stones. No distractions. Lock it down! Lock it down!"

"Stop talking."

"You're bodging it!" Crowley yelled as the other team scored.

"Aw. If you'd shut up -- keep talking -- We can't play the game."

Dean and Natalia were suddenly distracted by a man grabbing Anne-Marie and hauling her out of the bar. Dean, Natalia and Crowley followed them outside. The man was getting rough with Anne-Marie.

"Get off me," Anne-Marie demanded.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" Matt cried.

"You need to calm down."

"Where were you?"

"Stop it!"

Dean and Natalia approached. "Hey, is this him?"

"There a problem?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, are you Matt?"

Dean grabbed Matt and threw him on the hood of a car and started punching him. Natalia joined in.

"Dean! Natalia!" Anne-Marie yelled.

"You need to get away from here. Don't try and contact her. In fact, don't even think about her. You understand me?!" Dean and Natalia punched Matt 'til he was barely conscious. They turned to Anne-Marie, gave her a look, and walked back inside with Crowley.

---

Sam entered a police station with an officer.

"Appreciate you coming down here, agent. But I'm afraid you may have just cost Uncle Sam a tank of gas."

"Oh, why's that?" Sam asked.

"You came up here to investigate Drew Neely's murder, right?"

"Right."

"Problem is, no one's certain it was a murder at all."

"Okay, then what are we dealing with here? A suicide?"

As they stood in front of a computer, the officer said, "Self-defense most likely. Uh, the surveillance footage was corrupted. Our techies finally managed to clean up the file. Hold on a sec now..."

BAR

Dean was talking to someone. "We can do this however you want. Don't pretend we didn't see you this afternoon. Did you get a good look? You see our moves? I hope so, 'cause she and I sure could use the competition."

A man stepped from the shadows.

POLICE STATION

"Those John and Jane Does right there are the ones you want to keep your eye on."

The surveillance footage showed Dean and Natalia in a gas station reading a magazine and book.

Sam stared at his brother and sister and muttered, "Son of a bitch."

"Watch," the officer said.

BAR

"Well, all you Abaddon groupies are the same, you know that?" Dean asked. "You, the douche that jumped me and her at the gas station, you can't just accept that the queen is dead, can you?"

"Maybe we just can't accept that a douche like you or a bitch like her were the ones who killed her," the man retorted.

"Ah. Yeah, that's got to hurt, doesn't it?" Dean removed the First Blade from under his jacket, Natalia removed the Second Blade from her jacket, and the man's eyes flashed black.

POLICE STATION

"Okay, now, porn guy and book girl's just minding their own business," the officer told Sam. "And there's Drew Neely. See the knife?"

"Yeah," Sam replied.

"That's intent right there. Now watch this."

Drew Neely jumped Dean and Natalia in the surveillance footage. He was killed with the First and Second Blades. At the same time, at the bar Dean and Natalia were at, the demon jumped Dean and Natalia, and was killed with the First and Second Blade.

"Looks like two cutlasses or something. I don't know what the hell those are. Problem is, we don't know if this guy and girl are heroes or psychopaths." The officer stopped the tape on a closeup of Dean and Natalia's faces. Sam stared at their brother and sister's images. "Those are the images that are getting uploaded to the wires."

Sam recovered his voice. "Detective, do you mind if I, uh, take another look at this?"

"Knock yourself out. I'll be back in a few."

"All right."

Sam rewound the tape, going slowly frame-by-frame on Dean and Natalia's faces. He noticed something and started back when Dean and Natalia's eyes flashed to black. Sam looked at the screen angrily.

Sam made his way to the Gas-n-Sip to talk to Mickey, the attendant.

"Oh, yeah," Mickey said. "Porn guy and book girl were animals. Bro and chick came at him like, "what?!" and they were all like, "wh-a-a-at?" "say my name! Say my name! Say my name." And there was a lot of blood."

"Right," Sam noted. "Um... when the guy and girl, uh -- when -- "Porn guy" and "book girl" came in, did they... say anything?"

""Where's the porn". "Gimme a good book.""

Sam frowned. "That's all they said? Did they buy anything? Did they -- did they use a credit card? Nothing?" Mickey stared at him blankly. "So some guy and girl come in, kills another guy in your store on your watch, and you just -- you what? You just keep on keepin' on?"

"You mean when porn guy and book girl were stabbing the other guy to death ten feet in front of me, and I was having a total code-brown moment in my favorite freakin' pants because I thought I was next, did I conduct a field interview?... No." Sam rolled his eyes as Mickey pulled a phone from behind the counter. "Oh, hey. Uh, can you do me a solid? Found this wedged under the T.P. I think it's the dead guy's phone, and, uh, if you are heading back to the station..."

Sam stood outside the Gas-n-Sip as he scrolled through Drew Neely's phone. He pulled up a text message that read 'Winchesters. Amherst Junction, WI Gas n' Sip B/W 11a-12p. Long live Abaddon.' Sam called the number.

BAR

A phone rang next to Crowley as he watched Dean and Natalia playing darts in the bar. He looked at the ID and picked it up.

"You're dead."

"Nope," Sam replied. "Just using a dead man's phone."

"Moose. Took you long enough. Your brother, sister and I were beginning to wonder if you'd hit another dog. You know?"

"My brother and sister are dead, Crowley. I know you have some freaking demon parading around in their meatsuits, and trust me, you are gonna pay for that."

"Moose. Moose. I'm afraid you haven't allowed yourself to dream quite big enough here. Your brother and sister are very much alive, courtesy of the Mark. And the only demonized soul inside of Dean and Natalia is theirs and theirs alone. Wee bit more twisted, a little more mangled beyond human recognition, but, I can assure you, all theirs. There, now. Feel better?"

Sam frowned. "And the, uh, Abaddon supporters you've been sending to kill my brother and sister, how do Dean and Natalia feel about that double-cross?"

"If that's what you think is happening, then you're more out of your depth than I thought."

"I don't know how you did this, what kind of... Black magic stunt you pulled, but hear me -- I will save my brother and sister or die trying."

"You know what tickles me about all this? It's what's really eating you two up. You don't care that they're demons. Heck, Moose, you've been a demon. We've all been demons. No, it's that they're with me and they're having the time of their life. You can't stand the fact that they're mine."

"They're not your pets."

"My pets? They're my best friends, my partners in crime. They'll write songs about us, graphic novels. "The Misadventures of Growley and Squirrel and the Little Lady". Dean and Natalia Winchester complete me, and that's what makes you lose your chickens."

Sam narrowed his eyes. "I am going to find you, I am going to save my brother and sister, and then I'm going to kill you dead."

"Well, that's the operative phrase, isn't it? "Find you." Good luck with that."

Crowley hung up and Sam looked at his. Sam laid the phone next to his on the hood of the car. His phone had traced the call to reveal that Dean, Natalia and Crowley were at; The Black Spur in North Dakota.

BAR

Dean and Natalia were sitting at the bar with Crowley and Dean asked, "You sent those demons to kill us?"

"To keep you two sharp," Crowley answered.

"Really?" Dean and Natalia questioned.

"If it wasn't for me throwing demon chum both your way, what do you two think would've happened? The Mark needs to be sated. Otherwise-"

"Otherwise, we turn into demons," Dean finished. "Yeah, yeah. I sort of got that six weeks ago. She got that a few weeks ago."

"Just trying to help."

"You lied."

"Who do you think you're talking to here. Does the Tin Man have a sheet-metal willy? Of course I lied."

Dean and Natalia got up. "Okay."

"Hey. Sit down. Sit." Crowley instructed as Dean and Natalia stared at him. "I needed to keep you two sharp for our future, about which we need to talk."

"Our future?"

"Our professional future. How do I put this? If I have to spend one more night in the fetid petri dish of broken dreams and B.O., I will cut off my own face."

Dean and Natalia sat back down and he said, "We don't know what you're talking about. 'Cause we're good. Hell, we're great."

"Really? How many suicide wings can you two eat? How many one-hit wonders can you two karaoke to death?"

"Okay, see, the deal was we howl at the moon -- no time stamp, no expiration date."

"We've howled. We've bayed. We've done extraordinary things to triplets, all of which have been massively entertaining. I will treasure our Flickr albums forever. But now it's time for us to accept what we are and go back to work."

"Pass."

"Think of it -- the King of Hell, Dean and Natalia Winchester by his side. Together we rule. Together we create the perfect Hell. And all of this that's bloomed between us never ends. We're not ending the party. We're just moving the party. Out with the club circuit, in with the stadium tour. Oh. Did I forget to mention I spoke to Moose earlier?"

"What?"

"Yes. Uh, apparently, he's been tracking us for some time now. He got my text from the cell of that demon you two stabbed in blah, blah, blah. It was -- words were spoken -- emotions. I realize, in retrospect, perhaps too many words, too many emotions."

"He traced the call," Natalia realized.

"My bad. My guess he'll be here by morning -- the latest."

"You sold us out," Dean retorted. "Well, that's just lovely."

"I don't know what's going on with you two. I truly don't. But I've had just about enough of it. Sold you out? Try "doing you a favor" everything I've done for you for the past six months -- the Mark, the First Blade, the Second Blade, midwifing you two back to life, offering you two a seat by my side -- has been a favor, a gift, whether you two see it or you two don't. Take the night. Decide. You two know where to find me."

---

Sam was driving down the road at night when his car died. He pulled over.

He got out and struggled to open the hood with one arm. Another car pulled up behind him and Cole got out and approached.

"Hey. Need some help?" Cole asked.

Sam nodded. "Uh... Yeah. I-I think so. It just died on me."

"Out here?"

"Yeah."

"Your ride really has it out for you, huh?"

"I guess so."

Cole motioned to the hood. "Give you a hand with that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'd appreciate it. Yeah. Thanks."

Cole lifted the hood. "Ah... These new cars and their computerized brains, huh? One zero out of place, and the whole thing just goes kaput. Well, right there. There's your problem."

"What the hell is that?"

"Well, that's a kill switch. This here is the remote." He held it up in his hand.

Sam jumped to defend himself but since his right arm was in a sling, he wasn't fast enough to avoid Cole's knockout punch.

"Guessing you're a righty."

BAR

Dean and Natalia were singing karaoke terribly and drinking heavily. Though Natalia could sing, she was enjoying singing terribly and seeing the reactions from everyone.

The crowd cried out various complaints. "Tone deaf! Awful! Enough!"

"You all suck," Dean told them.

Security came to remove him from the stage and Dean knocked him out.

Dean woke up in a bed, still hammered, and Anne-Marie handed him a glass of water. "Drink, tough guy." Natalia was on the floor and Anne-Marie handed her a glass of water. "Drink."

Dean and Natalia pushed the glasses away. "Nah, I'm good."

"Your funeral."

"Mm."

"What?"

"Let's go somewhere, you and me," Dean said.

"We are somewhere."

"No. Somewhere else."

"Sweetie... We barely know each other. And you're drunk."

"Yeah, but, uh... I-I protected your honor, didn't I?" Dean asked. "She did too, right?"

"Yeah. I thought so, too. Seeing you two take on Matt, I was like, "wow", no one's ever done that for me before. But then you two kept going and going, and I realized whatever is going on with you two has nothing to do with my "honor" at all."

"Hm. You got all that from a bar fight? Wow. You're good."

"I wait tables at a roadhouse. I meet the bad guys and girls. I meet the good guys and girls. And maybe fore a second there, I thought you were a good guy and good girl playing bad. I don't know. It doesn't matter. Maybe you're both just-"

"The kind of guy who sleeps with every skank in every small town dive that he passes through? Well, you really do know how to read people, 'cause that sure as hell sounds like me. Sounds a little like her, too."

"Now, see? I'm so screwed up myself I'm gonna walk out of here thinking I actually deserved that."

---

Cole led a blindfolded Sam into a barn. He roughly shoved him into a chair and zip tied his legs to the chair.

Cole whipped the hood from Sam's head. Sam's nose was bleeding. He blinked at the sudden light.

"Okay," Cole said. "Home, sweet home. Breathe. There you go. You good, partner? How's those chicken wings?"

"Who are you?" Sam asked.

"First time I broke my arm, my older brother, Davey, had me riding on the handles of his three-speed. Decided to pop us a wheelie, look real fancy for all the little pretties outside the DQ. Well, we were looking mighty good for a little bit. And then whoop ass end over teakettle, boy. Hurt like a son of a bitch. You're Sam Winchester. I think we can each agree on that. And your older brother, Dean and your little sister, Natalia, well... The three of us, we go way back."

"You're a hunter?"

"Sure. Yeah, we can go with that."

"I wouldn't do that."

"Yeah?"

Sam nodded. "Trust me. Look, buddy, I-I don't know who you are, all right? I don't know what you want or what my brother and sister did, but if you got any sense, I suggest you turn tail and run back to that army recruiting ad that spit you out in the first place. They're monsters."

"Well, he was. She was. Yeah, they were... Many, many moons ago. But now they're prey. And I'm the monster now."

---

Dean and Natalia were driving the Impala in the dark. His phone rang beside them. The caller ID said Sam. He held it and answered. "We left you an open tab at the bar. Knock yourself out."

"Well hell, I just may take you two up on that."

"And who is this?"

"Me? Well, I'm karma, brother."

"On my brother's phone?"

"On your brother's phone."

"Is he dead?"

"No. Not yet. And as long as you show up where I tell you two to show up, your brother will be just fine."

"And how do I know he's still alive?"

Cole held the phone out to Sam. "Speak."

Sam looked at the phone with heartbroken eyes and didn't say a word. Cole punched Sam in the face and his head snapped back with a grunt of pain.

"Aah!" Sam cried.

"Proof of life," Cole informed.

"Dean! Natalia!" Sam cried again.

"Got a pen?"

Dean, still driving, said, "No, you listen to me. There's no trade. There's no meet-up. There's no nothing -- except the 100% guarantee that, somewhere down the road, she and I will find you, and we will kill you."

"Well, that'll be a cold comfort to your dead brother."

"I told him to let me go. So whatever jam he's in now, that is his problem."

"I told him as well," Natalia said.

"Yeah, well, I'll be sure to pass that on to him as I'm slitting his throat."

"Yeah, you do that, 'cause he knows me. And he knows damn sure that if I am one thing, I am a man of my word. She is a woman of her word," Dean said.

Dean hung up and Cole was left standing in the barn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 106 66
Sam has mysteriously returned from the Cage after falling in... and has been around for a whole year. From a soul's disappearance, to tragedy, to the...
60.8K 902 75
Natalia Millie Winchester never knew her mother. She's been surrounded by male figures since she was three months old. Her life was far from normal...
1K 21 22
Chuck is, in his own words, a cruel, cruel, capricious God. When he doesn't get his way, all hell breaks loose. Literally. Foes from their past retur...
5.7K 283 115
[COMPLETE, BUT POST SHOW CHAPTERS COMING] The Mark has been removed, but at a cost. The Darkness is unleashed upon the world and is a threat so fierc...