Hopelessly Human

Par TheQuietHufflepuff

Sam has mysteriously returned from the Cage after falling in... and has been around for a whole year. From a... Plus

Aesthetic and Playlist
1. A Day in the Life
2. Smoke on the Water
3. Oh Well
4. Takin' Care of Business
5. Vampires Will Never Hurt You
6. A Matter of Trust
7. Space Oddity
8. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night
9. Dust in the Wind
10. Back in the Saddle
11. Long Long Way From Home
12. Time (Clock of the Heart)
13. Gallows Pole
15. False Pretense
16. Let It Bleed
17. Play With Fire
18. Paint It, Black
19. Black Water
20. The Girl Next Door
21. Angry Eyes
22. White Wedding
23. Hey Man Nice Shot
24. The Show Must Go On
25. Man Out of Time
26. Death of a Clown
27. Gasoline
28. Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
29. Walking on Sunshine
30. New Kid in Town
31. Blood
32. Ready Aim Fire
33. Locomotive Breath
34. Mother and Child Reunion
35. Blood Brothers
36. Southern Thing
37. Welcome Back
38. Turn the Page
39. That Was Yesterday
40. Why Should I Worry
41. As Time Goes By
42. Nazis 1994
43. You're Only Human (Second Wind)
44. Goodbye Stranger
45. Eyes in the Sky
46. Pac-Man Fever
47. Eminence Front
48. The Unforgiven III
49. Send Me an Angel
50. Rockin' Down the Highway
51. I'm No Angel
52. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
53. Bad Boy
55. Who'll Stop the Rain
56. Tuesday's Gone
57. Just Another Night
58. Power Has a Fragrance
59. Ballad of a Thin Man
60. Knives and Pens
61. Mother's Little Helper
62. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)
63. Let's Kill Tonight
64. Stairway to Heaven
65. On the Turning Away
Trilogy

14. Mother

144 1 0
Par TheQuietHufflepuff

[Mommy Dearest]

EXT. PARKING LOT - NIGHT

Two young men, one was Ed, walked out of a place called 8th Street Sports Lounge.

"I'm serious," man one said. "I'm serious. That was way overpriced, dude. Back where I'm from, okay, it was like $3 a beer."

"Okay, then I'm buying next time."

"I'm not even lying. I'm not even joking at all."

They saw Eve. She was wearing a white dress with a bloodstain by her chest.

"Hey," Ed greeted. "Heaven must be missing an angel." Eve touched Ed's face and walked away. "I think she likes me."

"Okay, Fabio, let's - let's go." He led Ed away.

INT. BAR

Eve entered a crowded bar. She looked around, locked the door and broke off the handles. She walked through the bar. Two guys were sitting at a table nearby.

"Are you okay, miss?" guy one asked.

"I'm perfect," Eve replied.

He pointed to her dress. "I mean is - is that blood?"

Eve looked down. "Yes. I suppose it is."

"You sure you're all right?"

Eve said nothing. She walked up to him and kissed him. Veins dispersed into his face. Eve walked away and the man's head hung forward.

"Hey, what the hell?" guy two asked.

"I gave him a gift," Eve said as she touched a woman's face and the same vein-thing happened.

"C'mon, let's get out of here."

Eve touched several more people's faces.

The guy from the table attacked his friend. The touched people attacked others. They bit their necks. People ran to the door but couldn't get out. As everyone was attacking or being attacked, Eve smiled.

INT. BOBBY'S HOUSE - DAY

The bottle the ashes were in was empty. Dean and Dylan were making shotgun shells with the ashes.

Sam, Bobby and Natalia walked in.

"Hey," Sam greeted. "How you two doing?"

"Five shells," Dean replied. "That's how we're doing."

Sam sighed. "Well, you two know, it's a hell of a lot more than what we had last week."

"Maybe," Dean and Dylan said.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning, I just had a little mishap a few minutes ago, and, uh, well, here, look," Dean replied as he rubbed the ashes on Dylan's arm and nothing happened.

"Whoa," Sam and Natalia muttered.

"Huh." Bobby noted.

"I mean this stuff is supposed to burn the bejeezus out of Eve, doesn't even give him or me a sunburn."

"Lore says it works."

"That's always reliable."

"Well, you two know what? Maybe it's like, um - maybe it's like iron or silver," Natalia guessed. "You know? Hurts them, not us."

"Maybe, but a fat load of good it does us 'til we find the bitch."

"I'm looking, but I'm thinking maybe it's time you and your sister made a call."

"Why's it always always got to be me or Nat that makes a call, huh? It's not like Cas or Rae live in our asses. The dude's busy. She's busy." Castiel and Azrael appeared behind them. Dean and Natalia turned around, surprised. "Cas, Rae, get out of our asses!"

Castiel frowned. "We were never in your-" Dean and Natalia gave the angels a look. "Have you made any progress in locating Eve?"

"We were gonna ask you two about that," Bobby replied.

"No, we've looked, but she's hidden from us," Azrael informed. "She's hidden from all angels."

"Awesome," Dean and Natalia muttered.

"You know, what we really need is an inside man," Sam told them.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"Something with claws and sympathy."

"Like a friendly monster?" Sam shrugged. "Those are in short supply these days, don't you think?"

"Sure, but we've met one or two, right?"

"Maybe," Dean and Natalia said.

"So we can find one."

Time went by. Bobby paced with a book. Dylan sat on a chair with another book. Suddenly, Castiel and Azrael appeared with Lenore.

"Lenore," Sam called as she tried to run. "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hey, hey. Lenore, stop. Look, we're happy you're here."

"My name's Lenore. I'm not gonna hurt you," Lenore told Sam and Natalia as she showed her fangs.

"Been a long time," Dean said. "You remember us?"

"I remember," Lenore replied. "Your hunter friend almost killed me."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, uh, he turned into a vampire and I chopped his head off," Sam told her.

"Yeah. With razor wire," Dean added. "Wicked."

"Well, that's something. What's going on? Why am I here?"

"Well, um, that's Cas." He pointed to Castiel. "That's Rae." He pointed to Azrael. "They're our friends. And we need to talk to you. About Eve."

"Eve? I have nothing to say about Eve."

"You sure about that?" Natalia questioned.

"I'm trying to stay away from her, believe me."

"Where's your nest?" Sam asked.

"Gone. They couldn't fight it anymore. It's her voice, in our heads. What it does to us. So they left. Started killing again."

"But not you."

"Don't look so impressed. I was hiding in a basement. Not exactly Club Med. You don't know how hard it is - not to give in. Everyone gives in."

"All right, so this psychic two-way you've got going, does that mean you know where Mom's camped out?" Dean inquired.

"You've got to be kidding me. You want me to tell you where she is? You do know she could be listening to us right now. I might as well be a video camera. What are you thinking?"

"So we don't have the element of surprise, we're still going in," Bobby said.

"You're crazy. I can't help you."

"Can't or won't?" Sam questioned. "Look, it's clear as day. You still give a crap. You don't wanna kill. And don't want this whole planet dead."

"You actually believe you can stop her?"

"Just tell us where she is."

"Grants Pass, Oregon. And now she knows you're coming."

"Well let's go see," Bobby and Dylan said.

"Hold on. I didn't tell you this out of the goodness of my heart. I need something."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Kill me."

"Lenore."

"Look, we'll lock down 'til this whole thing's over, okay?" Dean told her. "Witness protection, you'll be safe."

"You don't get it, it's not about that," Lenore said. "I'm dangerous. I hear her voice all the time."

"You're not like the rest of them," Sam reassured.

Natalia nodded. "You're different."

"I'm exactly like them. I fed. I couldn't help it. The girl couldn't have been more than 16, Sam, Natalia. I'll do it again. I can't stop, not anymore. You have to. Please."

"Lenore," Sam and Natalia called.

Castiel touched Lenore's head. Light shone from her eyes and mouth; her face flamed and she died.

"We needed to move this along," Castiel told them.

EXT. PAVEMENT - DAY

Castiel and Azrael teleported themselves, Sam, Dean, Bobby, Natalia and Dylan to a pavement in town.

GRANT'S PASS, OREGON

They looked around. It was sunny and some children were riding their bicycles.

"Well, I was expecting more Zombieland, less Pleasantville," Dean commented.

"Just because it looks quiet, don't mean it is, especially if she's got a clue we're coming," Bobby said.

"Yeah, well if she is here I'm glad we got Smitey McSmiterton one and two on our squad. All right, where do we start?"

"I'm gonna need a computer."

They walked away.

INT. ERVIN'S DINER - DAY

Sam, Dean and Natalia were eating. Castiel sat next to Sam. Azrael sat next to Dylan. Bobby was using an iPad.

"All right," Bobby said. "I finally got the police database, no thanks to this." He gestured to the iPad. "I asked for a computer."

"It is a computer," Sam and Dylan told him.

"No, a computer has buttons."

Dylan sighed. "Uncle Bobby, stow the grumpiness and use the damn iPad. It's what we got."

"Can I get you anything else?" a waitress asked.

"No, we're good thanks," Dean replied.

"Anything?" Sam and Natalia questioned.

"Oh, nickel and dime stuff, nothing weird," Bobby said as he read an article about a meth lab. "Basically dead end. You think Vampira was lying?"

"Azrael and I'll search the town," Castiel stated. "Give us a moment." Nothing happened.

Dean frowned. "Cas, Rae, we can still see you two."

Castiel glanced down, then to Azrael. "Yeah, we're still here."

"Okay, well you two don't have to wait on us, you-" Castiel cleared his throat and strained while Azrael closed her eyes. "Well now it looks like you're pooping and asleep."

"Something's wrong," Azrael realized.

"What, are you two stuck?" Natalia asked.

"We're blocked. We're powerless."

"You're joking." Dean and Natalia said.

"Something in this town, is, uh, it's affecting us," Castiel replied. "I assume it's Eve."

"So wait, Mom's making you two limp?" Dean asked.

"Figuratively, yes."

"How?"

"I don't know, but she is."

"Well, that's great, because without your power, you're basically just babies in a trench coat and a leather jacket." The angels looked upset.

"I think you hurt their feelings," Sam said.

Bobby found a news story on the iPad. "I got something here, maybe. Had to go federal to get it. Call went out from the local office to the CDC last night."

"About what?"

"A Dr. Silver called in an illness he couldn't identify. Patient's a 25 year old, African American, name - Ed Bright." He showed them Ed's driver's license.

Dean frowned. "Well that's not much to go on."

"Well its only lead, so-"

"So beggars can't be choosers, right? I get it. All right, let's finish up."

EXT. STREET

A woman was locking up at a doctor's office. Dean, Castiel, Azrael and Natalia walked up to her.

"Excuse me," Dean called. "Hi, uh, i-is Dr. Silver in today?" He pointed to Castiel and Azrael. "Our friends are very sick."

"I have a, uh, painful burning sensation," Castiel said.

Azrael thought for a quick moment. "My, um, my arm is quite sore."

"Oh, well, he's out," the woman told them. "Sorry."

"Do you happen to know where he is?" Natalia asked.

"He hasn't called in. You might want to find yourself some ointment. And you might want to relax your muscles." She walked away.

Dean frowned. "What kind of doctor calls the CDC and then goes AWOL the very next day? Let's have a look, shall we?"

Natalia picked the lock as Castiel questioned, "Is this gonna take a long time?"

Dean and Natalia noticed something and stopped.

"What is it?" Castiel and Azrael wondered.

Dean and Natalia bent down and touched a drop of liquid on the ground. It was blood. They showed Castiel and Azrael. They noticed another door. It was to a shed and there was blood on the lock. Dean broke it open and they found a body wrapped in plastic. Natalia opened the plastic. It was Ed.

"Ohh," Dean and Natalia moaned in slight disgust.

"It's the patient Ed Bright," Castiel commented.

"Well what kind of doctor calls theCDC and then slashes the gooey corpse in the shed?" Dean wondered.

Azrael frowned. "My brother and I don't understand what's happening here."

"Well, he and I know one thing about the body. We need some kerosene," Natalia told them.

EXT. OUTSIDE DR. SILVER'S HOUSE

Bobby, Dylan and Sam walked out. Bobby showed Sam and Dylan a photo of a man - Dr. Silver - and his wife and kids.

"Here, Dr. Silver," Bobby said. "Wife, two sons." Sam took the photo and held it between himself and Dylan. "Uh oh."

The Sheriff pulled up and greeted, "Hi there."

"Hi," Sam and Dylan replied.

"Who're you?"

Bobby, Sam and Dylan showed their FBI badges.

The Sheriff noticed they were in normal clothes instead of uniforms. "It Casual Friday, agents?"

"We're on a case a few miles out," Sam informed. "We got a call to come here."

"So how about you, what's your business?" Bobby asked.

"Oh, Dr. Silver's a friend of mine," the Sheriff replied. "Heard he didn't show up for work today, so I thought I'd stop by, see if he's sick."

"Not sick. Missing," Dylan corrected.

"Missing? Says who?"

"Says him," Bobby replied. "And me. Empty house, no bags packed, car's still in the driveway."

"How'd you get on this?"

"Oh, it's a long story. Tell you what, why don't you put out an APB, we'll compare notes down at the station. Sound good?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Sure."

"Obliged."

The Sheriff left.

"Wow," Sam commented. "Talk about talking out of your butt."

"Yeah. Just hurry, you idjit."

They drove off and met up with Dean, Natalia, Castiel and Azrael outside Ed's house.

"Oh," Dean said. "So we've got a missing doctor and an oozy patient, huh?"

"Yeah," Sam confirmed. "Plot thickens."

Natalia looked between the men and Azrael. "Well let's go see what Ed's roommates have to say."

"Does Ed Bright have a brother?" Castiel questioned.

"No, why?" Bobby and Dylan asked.

"Then that's not his twin." Through the window they saw someone who looked exactly like Ed.

"So what, shifter?" Sam guessed.

"I don't know what we're looking at," Bobby admitted.

"All right, Dean, Nat and me are gonna go in," Sam said. "You four stay here and watch the door. If something comes out, shoot it."

"Yeah," Dean agreed. "Best guess - silver bullets."

"Azrael and I are fairly unpracticed with firearms," Castiel told him.

"You know who whines? Babies."

Natalia glared. "Be nice to the angels, bucko."

Sam, Dean and Natalia walked towards the house. Dean broke the door open and they burst in, guns ready. There were several dead Eds all over the lounge.

"Okay, don't touch anything," Dean said, focusing on his sister. "I'm watching you, Natalia."

One of the Eds started moving.

"Hey, hey," Sam called. "Back here. Come here." They approached him. "Hey, hey, hey." 'Ed' coughed. "Talk to us. What is it?"

"Hey, Ed," Dean said. "Ed, what's going on?"

"What?" 'Ed' asked. "I'm not Ed." He coughed and groaned.

Sam took his driver's license. The man's name was Marshall Todd. It was the same guy Ed was with when Eve touched his face.

Marshall groaned. "What's wrong with me?"

"Uh, nothing," Sam replied. "You're okay. You're okay, all right? We're gonna get you help."

"Let me ask you something. Do I - do all of us - do we look like Ed?"

"What? No, no," Dean lied. "No, no, no, no, no, of course not. You, uh, you have a fever. You're hallucinating."

"Marshall, Marshall," Sam called. "Hey, what happened here?"

"Am I gonna die?" Marshall asked.

"No, you're not gonna die, okay? Now you talk to us. It's important."

Marshal spluttered, "Ed was feeling bad so I took him to the doctor." He coughed. "I think - now we're all sick."

"You think?" Dean and Natalia said.

"And before you got sick, before Ed got sick, did you do anything?" Sam questioned. "Did you go anywhere? Hey, I need you to focus for me."

"I don't know," Marshall replied. "Some bar."

"A bar? What bar?"

"8th Street, I guess."

"8th Street, um, did anything happen at the bar? Did you - did you see anything? Did you meet anyone?" Marshall coughed. "Look, an ambulance is on the way, okay?"

"A girl."

"A girl?" Dean repeated. "Okay, and?"

"A girl in white."

"Good, okay," Natalia said. "What did the girl in white do? Marshall? Wh-wh-what did she do to Ed? Marshall?"

Marshall died.

Sam, Dean and Natalia walked out of the house.

"I don't get it," Dean stated. "What, a bunch of regular Joes wake up shifters? What the hell?"

"Shifters usually run in families," Bobby noted. "This looks like an infection. Nobody touched anything?" He looked at Natalia.

"Well I am bathing in Purell tonight."

Natalia frowned. "Why do people keep asking if I touched stuff? I didn't, okay?"

Dylan rubbed her back. "We know, Nat. Just giving you a hard time."

"So, he said he met a girl," Sam informed.

"It's got to be Eve," Dean added.

"But why would she do this?" Castiel wondered.

"Mommy monster - make more," Bobby said.

"No, no, no, no," Dean replied. "Cas has got a good point. I mean if she's gonna make a shifter army, why make one that's sick, gooey and dying?"

Bobby shrugged. "Add that to the pile of Crap That Don't Make Sense."

"So should we hit the bar?" Natalia suggested.

INT. BAR - DAY

Sam, Dean, Bobby, Castiel, Natalia, Dylan and Azrael entered the bar. There were dead bodies everywhere.

"Well, the Sheriff's a moot, but still. You'd think he'd notice this many missing folks," Bobby said.

Dean and Natalia went up to one of the bodies. Using a cloth, they lifted its lip, revealing a set of vampire fangs.

"We got a vamp over here," Dean informed as Natalia lifted the body's arm to reveal a spike protruding from its wrist. "Nope. Scratch that. We got a wraith. What the hell? What has teeth and a spike?"

"Never seen that in my life."

Natalia frowned. "Oh, well that's great. So Eve's making hybrids now?"

"Looks like."

"Yeah, the question is why," Dean said. "I mean what does she want with the - what do you call these?"

"Well congrats. You and your sister discovered this. You two get to name it."

Dean and Natalia looked at each other and nodded before Dean said, "Jefferson Starships." Bobby, Sam and Dylan looked confused. "Huh, because they're horrible - and hard to kill."

"Looks like the whole bar has been turned into these-" Sam trailed.

"Jefferson Starships," Dean and Natalia finished.

"Fine. But why are all the... Starships dead?"

"I can't say, but looks like they all burned up," Bobby noted.

Dean frowned. "Burned up, like?"

"Like a high fever, like the flu."

Natalia looked around the bar as Dean asked, "What the hell's going on here? Does every monster in this town have the motaba virus?"

The Sheriff and two cops entered the bar.

"Hands where I can see 'em!" the Sheriff ordered.

Dean and Natalia, unnoticed, hid behind the bar.

"Now this is not what it looks like," Castiel said.

"Look, we're the Feds," Bobby informed.

"Yeah?" the Sheriff questioned. "Well Feds are not allowed to do this. Cuff 'em. Turn around."

Sam, Bobby, Castiel, Azrael and Dylan were cuffed and led out. Dean and Natalia emerged from behind the bar.

INT. SHERIFF STATION

Sam, Bobby, Castiel, Azrael and Dylan were pushed in.

"Listen, if we can make a phone call, we can straighten this all out," Sam told the Sheriff.

"Straighten out a massacre? I'd like to see you try," the Sheriff replied.

Sam and Dylan saw the security footage - the Sheriff's eyes were glowing. He was a part shapeshifter hybrid. Sam head-butted him and Dylan punched him.

"J-Jefferson Starships!" Sam and Dylan told the others.

Sam kicked one, Dylan punched another, Castiel and Azrael were pushed against the wall by one, and Dean cut its head off. One tried to bite Sam. Castiel killed the one trying to attack Bobby. Dean and Natalia got ready to kill the Sheriff who was attacking Sam. He threw him on the ground.

"Dean, Natalia, wait!" Sam yelled.

The Sheriff was taken into the interrogation room, chained in silver. Bobby held a knife. Castiel and Azrael stood at the door.

"Well, I'll say this, you're the healthiest looking specimen I've seen all day," Bobby said.

"I take my vitamins," the Sheriff shot back.

"So you wanna tell us what's going on here? Hmm?" Sam, Dean, Natalia and Dylan watched from outside the window. "So you boys are, uh, Eve's cleaning crew, is that it? You, uh - you come around to clean up the bodies? Make sure the word doesn't get out, huh? Is that why you snatched up the doctor?"

The Sheriff sighed. "You're so wasting your time. You stupid head of cattle." he laughed.

Sam, Dean, Natalia and Dylan heard something behind them.

"More Starships," Dean and Natalia said, walking off to investigate.

Sam and Dylan looked to the angels. "Stay here." Sam and Dylan went after Dean and Natalia. They followed blood on the wall, which led them to the cells. In one cell were two boys and one girl, tied up and gagged.

Sam recognized them from the photo. "You're Dr. Silver's boys and girl." The older one nodded. "All right, don't worry. We're gonna get you out of here, okay? Uh, keys?"

"Yeah." Dean and Dylan went to find keys.

"Look. We're not gonna hurt you. My name is Sam. That's my brother, Dean, my sister, Natalia, and our friend, her boyfriend, Dylan." Dean and Dylan brought the keys and Dean opened the cell. "Those cops, they're not coming back - ever." They ungagged the boys and girl. "What are your names?"

The older boy answered. "Joe. This is Ryan. This is Caroline." Sam nodded.

"Hey Ryan, Caroline, how you two doing?" Dean asked.

Ryan seemed shy and looked down. Caroline smiled a little.

"He won't talk, not since they came for us," Joe told the hunters.

"All right, listen, Joe. We're gonna get you out of those handcuffs. Um, but you understand what's going on around here, don't you?" Joe nodded. "So first we've gotta make sure you're you."

"How you gonna do that?"

"Well there's a few, uh, dozen tests," Natalia answered. "Okay, let's get started."

Bobby cut the Sheriff's face with a silver knife.

The Sheriff groaned and laughed. "You really think that's gonna make me talk?"

"Something will," Bobby said.

"Got a couple of hungry human boys and girl here," Dean informed, taunting the Sheriff. "C'mon guys." He and Natalia led the boys and girl away.

"So you two never heard 'em talk... about a mother, or someone named Eve?" Sam asked.

Joe shook his head. "It was just me, Caroline and Ryan in there."

"And your folks?" Dean and Natalia questioned.

"Cops said we were next. He said we were food."

"You have any other family?" Dylan asked.

"An uncle, in Merritt."

"Merritt, what's that, like 15 miles outside of town?" Dean guessed. "Okay. We'll get you there."

"Dean, Natalia, can Azrael and I have a second?" Castiel said as Dean and Natalia got up. "We need to find Eve now."

"Yeah. Go. Me, Sam, Dylan and Nat just gotta make a milk run."

Azrael frowned. "We need your help here."

"Hold your water. We'll be back in a few."

"Dean, Natalia, Dean, Natalia," Castiel called. "Millions of lives are at stake here, not just three. Stay focused."

"Are you kidding?" Dean and Natalia shot back.

"There's a greater purpose here."

"You know what, Nat and I a-are getting a little sick of the greater purposes, okay? I think what she and I'd like to do now its save a couple of kids. If you two don't mind. We'll catch up. Okay, guys, let's go. C'mon." Dean walked out. Joe, Ryan, Caroline and Sam followed.

Dylan glanced at his girlfriend. "You guys go. I'm gonna stay in case my uncle needs any help."

Natalia nodded. "Okay, be careful." She kissed him.

"Yeah, you too, Nat."

Natalia followed her brothers and the boys and girl out.

INT. IMPALA

"Hey, you two should get some rest," Joe said, wrapping an arm around his brother while Caroline curled up on Joe's lap.

Sam and Dean looked knowingly at them in the rearview mirror while Natalia glanced between them. Dean smiled at the familiar scene of an older brother looking out for his younger brother and sister.

INT. STATION

Castiel and Azrael looked out the window.

"They won't take long," Bobby and Dylan reassured.

"You don't know that," Castiel replied. "They may find more wayward orphans along the way."

"Oh, don't get cute," Bobby retorted.

"Right. Pardon me for highlighting their crippling and dangerous empathetic response with "sarcasm". It was a bad idea - letting them go."

Azrael glanced at her brother. "They do what they must."

"Come on," Bobby said. "You don't let Sam, Dean and Natalia Winchester do squat. They do what they gotta. You know that. Anyway, we want Eve, we need coordinates. So we can stand here bellyaching or we can go poke that pig 'til he squeals. Thoughts?"

Castiel walked off and Azrael sighed.

INT. HOME IN MERRITT

The kids were reunited with their uncle. He hugged Caroline, then Ryan, then Joe. Sam, Dean and Natalia left.

INT. STATION

"You know, she can see you right now," the Sheriff said. "And you're just making her mad."

"Then tell the bitch to come get him and me," Bobby shot back.

"I need five minutes alone with him," Castiel told the hunters.

"What for? Cas, your batteries are dead. Rae's are, too."

"Give me five minutes."

"All right, fine," Bobby and Dylan agreed.

Castiel faced the Sheriff. Bobby and Dylan sat outside the room with Azrael. The hunters had a drink. The Sheriff screamed.

Castiel exited the room, wiping blood off his hands and said, "Eve's at 25 Buckley Street. One of you can call Sam, Dean and Natalia."

NIGHT

The Sheriff had been decapitated.

"Rigorous interrogation, huh?" Dean commented.

"Well, we got a location," Bobby replied. "Now we just gotta get close enough to take a shot."

"All right. Well, let's all take one." Dean took the shells containing Phoenix ash from his pocket. Sam, Bobby, Castiel, Dean, Dylan, Natalia and Azrael each took one. "Load 'em up. Make it count."

EXT. STREET - NIGHT

Sam, Dean, Bobby, Castiel, Natalia, Dylan and Azrael walked down the street. They found the address. It was the diner they were in earlier.

Dean frowned. "You gotta be kidding me. She's been in there the whole time?"

"Why'd she ever let us in?" Sam wondered. "Or out?"

"Well there's one way to find out," Natalia said.

Bobby glanced at her. "What, just stroll in? We don't know who's human or who's her."

"Well there's one way to draw her out," Dean noted. "Me, Sam and Nat will go in."

"Dean," Bobby and Dylan called.

"Look. If we don't get a shot off, you four better."

"That's the plan?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah. Pretty much."

Sam handed Bobby his bag and Natalia handed Dylan hers. Dean took his bag with. Sam, Dean and Natalia walked to the diner. Bobby, Castiel, Dylan and Azrael stayed outside.

Bobby sighed. "Well at least it ain't complicated."

INT. DINER

Sam, Dean and Natalia entered the diner and sat down. There were several people inside.

Sam cleared his throat.

"Now what?" Dean and Natalia asked.

Sam used his phone's camera to see if anyone's eyes were glowing. Everyone's were. They were all Starships. "Crap. Crap. Crap."

"Starships?"

"Yeah."

"Is there anybody in this diner that is not a flesh-eating monster?" Dean questioned.

"Uh, me, you and Nat."

"Okay, well, let's get the hell out of here."

"Shall we?"

Eve, as a waitress, said, "Three specials, right?" She put the food in front of them.

"Uh, no, that's not for us. We were just headed out."

"Now that would be rude, Sam."

"Let me guess. Eve."

"Pleasure."

"Why don't we step outside," Dean suggested. "Chat."

"Why? This is private."

The Starships closed the blinds so no one could see through the windows. One took Dean's bag and opened it.

Eve removed one of the guns and smelled it. "Phoenix ash. I'm impressed. I bet you had to go a long way for that."

"You have no idea," Dean and Natalia replied while Sam scoffed.

Eve turned to a Starship. "Destroy these. Thank you." He took the guns and she turned to the siblings. "Relax. I'm not here to fight."

"No?" Dean asked. "Just to rally every freak on the planet, bring in Khan Worms and-and half-assed spider-men, and dragons. Really, sister? Dragons?"

Natalia shrugged. "The dragons were kinda cool. Even if I did almost get kidnapped."

"So I dusted off some of the old classics. I needed help," Eve replied.

"With what?" Sam scoffed. "Tearing apart the planet?"

"You misunderstand me. I never wanted that. Not at first." Sam scoffed again. "I liked our arrangement."

"What arrangement?"

"The natural order. My children turned a few of you, you hunted a few of them. I was happy."

"Okay, so what changed?" Dean questioned.

"My children, no thanks to you, started getting kidnapped and tortured. Even my first borns. I was pushed into this. After all, a mother defends her children."

"Really? You're gonna use the Mother of The Year defense? You?"

"It happens to be true. Know what? Maybe you'll believe me if I look a little more like this." She morphed into Mary Winchester.

Natalia sucked in a breath, seeing what looked to be the mother she'd briefly met.

"Oh, you bitch."

"She died to protect you, didn't she? See. You understand a mother's love. I'm no different."

"All right, you know what? This conversation's over. If you're gonna kill us, kill us."

"You? No. It's Crowley I want dead."

"Well you're too late there - that little limey mook roasted months ago."

"Crowley's alive."

"That's impossible," Sam and Natalia said.

Eve scoffed. "I see his face through the eyes of every child he strings up and skins. Any idea why he's hurting my babies?"

"He wants Purgatory, right?" Dean told her. "Location, location, location."

Eve laughed. "Is that what he told you? It's about the souls."

Sam scoffed. "What about 'em?"

"Their power, you simple little monkey. Fuel. Each soul a beautiful little nuclear reactor. Put 'em together, you have the sun. Now think what the king of Hell could do with that vast, untapped oil well. How powerful he'd be. Now Crowley wants to siphon off my supply, and torture my children to do it? Okay fine. I'll quit playing nice. I'll turn you all. Every soul, mine. Let's see how hot his hell burns when everyone comes to me. He asked for it."

"You know, last I checked, there were a few billion of us," Natalia said. "That plan might take quite a while."

"What exactly do you think I'm doing here? I'm building the perfect beast."

Sam frowned. "Wait a second, all those - all those things we've been finding."

"Call it beta testing."

"Well, I think your formula might be a little off," Dean told her. "They're imploding all over town."

"Oh, there were a few unfortunate failures. But I eventually got it right. Quiet, smart, inconspicuous. It can spread through a whole town in under a day, oh and the best part - you've been with it the whole time."

"What?"

"Yes, you were the final test. I had t see if it could slip past hunters undetected, of course." Eve smiled. "Little Ryan."

INT. JOE, RYAN AND CAROLINE'S UNCLE'S HOUSE - NIGHT

The uncle walked through the house and saw Joe and Caroline lying on the floor. There was a pool of blood by their heads.

"Joe? Caroline?" the uncle called.

He went up to Joe and Caroline and turned them over. Joe and Caroline appeared dead and had a bloody bite mark on their necks. The uncle turned around. Ryan was standing in front of him him with blood around his mouth.

"Ryan?" the uncle called.

Behind him, Joe and Caroline stood. They'd been turned. Ryan, Joe and Caroline attacked their uncle, knocking him to the ground and killing him as blood spattered onto a nearby family photo.

INT. DINER

"You look upset," Eve noted. "If it makes you feel any better, Ryan was bound to work on you. Little wayward orphan, like yourselves. There's nothing you can do about it now. So let's talk."

Sam scoffed. "Nothing to say."

"Well, that's where you're wrong. I have an offer to propose. Crowley. As you know, not so easy to find. So, here's the deal. You find him, bring him to me - I let you live."

"Pass," Dean and Natalia replied.

"Dean, Natalia," Sam called.

"Absolutely not," Natalia argued.

"Sam, no," Dean told him. "The answer is no."

"You two say that like you have another option," Eve stated.

"Maybe we do, maybe we don't."

Starships brought Bobby, Castiel, Dylan and Azrael in.

"Well, so much for your plan B," Eve said, turning to the angels. "And you two, wondering why so flaccid? I'm older than you both, Castiel, Azrael. I know what makes angels and archangels tick. Long as I'm around, consider yourselves unplugged." She turned to the siblings. "Work for me. It's a good deal. Bonus, I won't kill your friends."

Dean narrowed his eyes. "All right, look. The last few months we've been working for an evil dick. We're not about to sign up for an evil bitch. We don't work with demons. We don't work with monsters. And if that means you gotta kill us, then kill us!"

"Or, I turn you. And you do what I want anyway."

"Beat me and him with a wire hanger, answer's still no," Natalia retorted.

Eve moved behind Dean and Natalia. She grabbed their shoulders and had her head between theirs. Sam got up but was restrained by Starships. He struggled.

Eve leered over Dean and Natalia's shoulders. "Don't test me."

"Bite me," Dean and Natalia retorted.

Eve bit Dean and Natalia in the neck.

"No!" Sam and Dylan cried.

"Dean! Natalia!" Castiel and Azrael yelled.

Eve staggered back, coughing.

"Phoenix ash," Dean told Eve. "One shell, one ounce of whiskey. Down the hatch. Little musty on the after burn. Call you later, Mom."

Natalia waved sarcastically to Eve. "Adios, bitch."

A light shone from Eve's chest. She morphed from Mary back to her brunette form. She choked. Dark liquid came from her mouth and nose. She fell to the ground and died. The Starships started attacked. With Eve dead, Castiel and Azrael had their power back.

"Shut your eyes!" Castiel and Azrael ordered.

Castiel and Azrael created a blast of white light throughout the diner, killing all the monsters. It caused a car alarm to go off outside.

"We got to take you two on more monster hunts," Bobby said.

Sam sighed. "Hey, Cas, Rae, um, Dean and Natalia are bleeding pretty good."

"Yeah, I think she turned me into a Jefferson Starship. Could you clear that up too?" Dean asked.

"Ditto for me," Natalia said.

Castiel touched Dean's shoulder, healing his wound. Azrael touched Natalia's shoulder, healing her wound.

"All right, we're good," Dean told the others. "We got to go. Now."

"Where?" Castiel and Azrael asked.

"The kid," Natalia replied. "The little boy. He's one of 'em."

"Unbelievable," Castiel muttered.

"Yeah, we know Cas, you told us, all right," Dean replied. "Let's just go."

Castiel shook his head in disbelief while Azrael sighed. Dean and Natalia put the empty shells on the table. Castiel and Azrael teleported the seven of them to the uncle's house.

INT. UNCLE'S HOUSE

The uncle was dead on the floor.

"So we kill the Wicked Witch and she still wins," Dean said. "I mean they could've turned half the town by now." Castiel and Azrael were about to say something. "Don't say it."

Bobby and Dylan were walking around, investigating. They found a door and opened it. Ryan's dead body fell out. Joe's dead body, as well as Caroline's, were also there.

"Found 'em," Bobby and Dylan informed.

Sam, Dean, Natalia, Castiel and Azrael went to see.

"Well who ganked them?" Dean asked.

Sam bent down and touched a yellow powder - sulfur. "Demons."

"So what do you two think?" Sam asked.

"Nat and I think that demons don't give a crap about monster tweens or kids unless they're told to," Dean replied.

"So you two think she was telling the truth?"

"The truth about what?" Castiel questioned.

Natalia glanced at him. "She said that Crowley's still kicking."

"But I burned his bones, how c-? Was she certain?"

"Sounded pretty sure," Dean answered. "According to her, Crowley's still waterboarding her kids, somewhere."

"I don't understand."

"Well he is a crafty son of a bitch."

"I'm an angel. I'll look into it immediately." He disappeared.

"Cas!" Dean called. "Let us know what you find out!"

"Don't spare details!" Natalia added.

Azrael glanced between the hunters. "Well, now that I can leave, I have to get back to my job."

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Good luck."

Bobby, Sam and Dylan walked away before stopping, wanting to say something.

"How did Crowley get away?" Bobby asked. "I mean it's not like Cas to make mistakes like that. Unless-"

"Unless what?" Dean and Natalia wondered.

"Unless he meant to," Dylan finished.

Natalia shook her head. "No, no. Cas wouldn't do this."

Dean frowned. "Bobby, Dylan, this is Cas we're talking about." He and Natalia turned to Sam. "Do you believe this?" Sam didn't answer. "Sam?"

Sam sighed. "Look it's probably nothing, it's just... You two know what? You two are right. It's - it's probably nothing."

INT. DINER

Castiel walked around, looking at the bodies of Eve and the monsters.

"Really, Cas?" Crowley asked. "This is getting ridiculous. How many times am I gonna have to clean up your messes?"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

114 0 5
Hallie wasn't quite like her brother, but they did share some similarities. For years, she'd heard tales of the American Hunters and their reckless w...
96.1K 3.9K 24
*I do not own Supernatural or any of the characters* *Cover by @alecvert* ~This is book two! Read book one first!~ Alex and Gabriel tried to li...
115 15 15
This is the second book of the A New Beginning Trilogy!! I hope you guys enjoy!!! Summary- Tessa Winchester was just a normal girl, so she thought un...
67.3K 2.1K 98
Never did you think you would have children of your own, especially with the love of your life. Now that you finally do, you have to realize that the...