behind the scenes ! junhao

By HONEYJOONZ

"JUN PLEASE DON'T FUCKING JUMP OUT YOUR FUCKING WINDOW!" Seventeen year old Xu Minghao wasn't able to functio... More

intro
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

22

2.3K 192 157
By HONEYJOONZ

"LIGHTS out is happening soon," Jun warns to Minghao, the clock is about to hit nine p.m. in about thirty minutes. They got done with dinner quite fast, which ended with Jun and Fengjun having another fight which wasn't anything new to the ravenette. But, with stomachs filled with yummy food and the engagement of tiring quarrels, the twelve-year-old boy had knocked out on the couch minutes later. This led to Jun needing to carry his younger brother to his bedroom, though he had to wake him up soon as he needed to clean up before drifting off.

The pair were currently in Jun's room, Mrs. Wen had suggested that Minghao could sleep in their room as Jun's bed was big enough. Plus, the couch wasn't anything special and she had a feeling Jun would deny the idea of his boyfriend sleeping all the way downstairs while they laid in luxurious beds on the second floor. Minghao didn't mind the options, but Jun came clear with the statement of the ravenette staying in his room for the night. "I'll get you some clothes." Jun says, walking over to his closet - he slides the mirror door and picks out a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. "catch." He says unexpectedly, which leads to the set of clothes hitting Minghao's face.

As the t-shirt slips off of Minghao's head, he raises a brow and shakes it off. "Should have warned me a bit sooner." Jun shrugs his shoulders playfully and walks towards the door,

"Tell me when you're done changing." Is what the brunette instructs before heading out to the other side, Minghao gives him a thumbs up and soon his boyfriend disappeared. Minghao removed his uncomfortable school uniform, folding it neatly so it could be used the next morning. He slips on Jun's shirt, luckily they were around the same size so his items fit quite well. It doesn't take long until he's done, but, his phone that sits on Jun's desk buzzes a couple of times. Looking over slightly to catch a glimpse of the home screen, there is a stream of messages from his father.

dad
> minghao where did you
go? I'm worried sick

dad
> text me please, call me
or anything!

dad
> I won't be angry, I know
you're tired but please send
me a message so I know you're
safe

dad
> you're my son, you are my
priority, I will not tell your mother
about your location just tell me
that you're safe

Minghao hates the nonexistent fist that punches at his gut, he was stupid of not informing his dad about the situation that happened. Knowing his mother, she probably overexaggerated the plot and left major-minor details. But, he trusted his father, unlocking his phone he sends him a quick message before calling Jun back in.

minghao
> I'm fine, I'm at Jun's.
I might be staying for a couple
of nights because mom is taking
this too far
seen 8:34

dad
> that's all I needed to know, I'm
aware that she's planning on sending
you back. I won't let that happen. tell your
friend's family that I'll pay back for expenses
and thank them for being so kind. I'm going to
try and reason with your mother

minghao
> thanks dad, I'll tell them

dad
> you have your card, right? I'll transfer money
into it so you don't have to rely on his family

minghao
> alright then

dad
> stay safe, text me if you're having any
troubles
seen 8:36

After a couple of more messages, Minghao's conversation with his father had ended. He puts down his phone, letting out a loud sigh as the situation he was currently in was stressful. But, he was grateful that his father was down to earth and mindful of things, because if he was exactly like his mother he would have probably ran away forever. "Junnie, I'm done!" Minghao calls, only seconds later Jun comes back into his room. He notices how the feeling within the space has changed, maybe he was gassy or needed to use the restroom but something felt a bit off. Usually, his senses were right, well, usually.

"Everything alright?" He questions gently, watching as Minghao sat on the edge of the bed. He doesn't hesitate to take a seat next to the boy, slowly interlocking their hands as a way of reassurance if something was bothering him.

"My dad just texted, he just needed to know if I was safe," Minghao shortly explains with a tiny voice, he wasn't irritated by this, more of worried about the future. He wondered what his dad was going to do in order for his mother's plans to not commence, it made his stomach churn as the possibilities could be either his endgame in South Korea or victory. "I really don't want to be sent away...even if I get on my knees and beg my mom to cancel the flight she still won't. I bet she's already shipped all my stuff away, I really have no clue what I'm going to do if things don't go well."

Jun squeezed the younger's hand a bit, his lips disappearing as he sucked them in as Minghao's unhappiness caused him pain. He didn't want Minghao to be sent away, no one would want to especially if they were going to be against their own will. Minghao had his own dreams, hobbies that he could engage in within South Korea, he could create his own image and become the self he's been yearning to be. It wasn't a concept that was difficult to comprehend, but with a parent that had high expectations and a plan set for their child's future - it would be hard to educate them on the idea if they already had their plan set within the concrete of their minds.

"I don't want you to go either Hao, especially with how much you've grown." The boy shortly praises, he turns his body to the younger so he can make easier eye contact with him, "you're so much more than your mother's words. I'm so proud of you for coming out your shell little by little, I mean it."

Minghao tries to smile, but, the thoughts still roamed his mind like free rent. He was trying his best to keep them away, yet they still entered when things settled. "Thank you...I haven't even thanked you properly for everything you've done. Soonyoung and Wonwoo have been budging me, but, you were the biggest nudge I've received."

"Well, I'm glad I was able to have a positive impact on your life," Jun falls onto his back, bed hitting the bed with a flop as he stares at the ceiling, "Hao, you're someone I don't want to lose. I hate thinking about the possibility of you being sent away and it's just...hard to think about."

Minghao turns his head, realizing that Jun was refusing to make eye contact with him. He crawls towards the boy, laying flat on his stomach as he caressed his cheek, "I know...I don't know what I'll do without Soonyoung, Wonwoo, and you. I'm sure I'll become insane if I'm sent to Liaoning." He cups Jun's cheeks, giving him a warm smile. Minghao didn't like the sight of his boyfriend being down, so he kisses his lips as they pucker due to his action, "I know this is stressful, worrisome, and somewhat scary...but, it'll pass. No matter what the results are."

As Minghao's hands leave his cheeks, Jun still pouts, "I just...don't want you going."

"I know." Minghao firmly repeats, "I don't either. But, there's a big possibility of it happening. So, let's treasure our time together, I need to spoil my friends as well."

Jun tackles the younger, wrapping his arms and legs around him. "I know, you need to spend time with your friends. Telling them about your situation would be a good idea as well."

Minghao nods, snuggling into Jun's chest, "Yeah, I know. I bet they'll be just as worried as you. I'm pretty sure Soonyoung will tell me that I can live in his basement once I tell them the details."

Jun lets out a snort, "I mean, it doesn't sound as cozy as my house."

The ravenette shrugs, "I think I should take a look first before judging based off words, I've never been to Soonyoung's house. You never know, his basement might be great."

"Now that's concerning." The older's comment results in him receiving a playful slap, Jun lets out a laugh and kisses the boy's forehead in return. "I'm wishing the best for you Minghao, I really am. The future may hold your friends and I being separated from you, but I'll be sure to prepare my heart for it."

Minghao nods, "Let's just stop talking about it...we should head off to bed soon since we got class tomorrow."

"Yeah, of course."

The two boys lift themselves up, Minghao is the first to try and leave the room. But, Jun pulls him by his wrist and kisses him gently. The younger was a bit startled by the abrupt action but melts into it as he enjoyed the welcoming touch. "I love you." Are the three words that escape Jun's mouth after he parts from the kiss,

Minghao smiles, returning the phrase, "I love you too Junnie."

As the two exit the room, Minghao directs himself to the restroom so he can wash himself up. Jun who follows catches the glimpse of a figure dashing towards the stairs. They were too tall for the person to be Fengjun, that's when he came to the realization of his mother's routine of checking up on him before he went to bed. With Fengjun, she'd knock on the door first and if she didn't get a response, the older woman would excuse her intrusion and take a peek to see if the boy was sleeping - which usually was the case. Mrs. Wen would do the same with Junhui, but, based on her instincts and great hearing, she most likely heard their conversation. "I'll be right back Hao." He says, before leaving. Minghao gives him a little nod before continuing his way to the restroom.

Jun walks downstairs, looking around the living room and catching his mother drinking a glass of water. He raises a brow and slowly confronts her, "You heard." He whispers once she's down downing the liquid she nods, guilty of her unintentional eavesdropping.

She tries to speak, but, no words flow. Her expressions display the message she tries to convey, Mrs. Wen holds herself and turns to her son. "You love him so much Junhui, I can tell," She finally says, "you've been so happy lately and I know you've been hiding something since some days you come home stressed. If he - if Minghao, makes you smile and keeps your serotonin levels high, you losing him only makes my heart crack." Mrs. Wen then clutches onto her shirt, "Junhui, I've never seen you so in love and immersed in a person before. If Minghao is your happiness, imagine how you'll be if he's sent off on that dumb plane."

Jun scratches his nape, nodding his head as she was spot on with her words. "I know...but, I don't have any power over his mother's decision...I don't want him going, trust me. But, I have a feeling that stepping in would only make things worse, I don't want to add more fuel to the fire that's already started."

"Junhui sweetheart," She lets out a sigh, "I've always hated seeing you down and I know it partially is my fault because I get on your tail for volleyball. But, with Minghao's situation coming to my attention, it made me realize how harsh those words can be on you. Look at how Minghao is being treated, I'm not as concrete but, they definitely have put stress on you. I don't want to be a mother who controls her child's life and passion, nor do I want my child facing unhappiness because he's lost his lover to a flight. If you're unhappy Junhui, tell me, please. I know it can be difficult, but be aware of the fact that I will listen. As long as you're happy, I will be as well."

The taller boy stiffens, he's been waiting to hear those words ever since last year. The stress of being captain, the weight of expectancies increasing on his shoulder has never been so deadly. He's had enough to where it came to the point of his love for volleyball decreasing rapidly. His lips quiver, he opens his arms and walks to his mother to embrace her. He mutters multiple small, "Thank yous," As he was filled with joy. Pulling away and wiping the forming tears from the corner of his eyes, he looks around the kitchen before asking his question,

"Is it really okay if Minghao stays for a couple of nights?"

She gawks her head, almost letting out a laugh. "A couple of nights? Why not just make it forever?"

a/n: remember within the first couple of chapters when shua tells jun "not everyone gets their happy ending" or something along those lines...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 252 18
➤ what if one day you'll wake realizing that you like your best friend? well minghao couldn't do anything but to keep it from his buddy, junhui. ✎ sh...
1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.3M 51.8K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 61.5K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...