naruto: the neglected avatar.

By AaronHansell

water. Earth. fire. air. the four nations once lived in harmony until one day the fire nation attacked. only... More

chapter 1: the neglected son
chapter 2: kyoshi island. a battle of lightning an fire.
chapter 3: when two avatars fight to set things right.
chapter 4: training begins.
chapter 5: azula's betrayal of her father
chapter 6: meeting the fire Lord.
chapter 7: konoha's last days. from forest to flames
chapter 9:a brother seeking redemption from his own siblings.
naruto and azula's wedding. the summer solstice and sozens comet appears.
chapter 11:the avatars reincarnation vs Naruto the immortal avatar.

chapter 8: family bonding between parents and siblings.

3.1K 47 12
By AaronHansell

Minato and Kushina were currently being held prisoner in the lower level of the lead air ship bound by chains and held in place by metal which naruto personally bent around them to ensure that they couldn't use Ninjutsu weave hand signs or fight back in any way shape or form.

Currently they were on their hands and knees in front of their children Mito and naruto who decided that maybe it's time they had some...'alone time'.As a partial family.

Mito and naruto were sitting in chairs across from their parents and looking them dead in the eyes with a serious expression on their faces.

Naruto then started the conversation and said.

"So... after everything you saw me do.
After all the abilities I've displayed in front of both of you... TWICE I might add...do the both of you still think I'm a failure???. A disgrace???. A weakling who can't use chakra???.

Or do you now see and believe that just because I was born different with different abilities... that you had no rights to exclude me from everything to begin with???.

Have you finally realized... that I never needed chakra.Because I've always been more smarter than menma.

More powerful then Mito nii-chan and menma together. I hope so. Because where we're going... chakra doesn't exist. If you have anything left to say after the lashings I gave you.. your better off saying it now."

And minato said.

"You've changed son. And not for the better I'm afraid. But your right. Perhaps we were wrong for what we did in excluding you from everything you equally deserved. But you always had her.

YOU always had Mito.. YOUR sister looking out for you.... without her I think you truly would have killed menma and us... wouldn't you??.

She never gave up on you. Her big brother who she's always admired as a role model to become stronger.
She never once spoke highly of menma and his achievements.

It was always naruto nii-san this and naruto nii-san is the greatest that.
It almost annoyed me that she loves you more then menma.. more then us..her own parents and little brother.

You were always jealous of what they had. What they CONTAINED that I sealed inside them with YOUR mother's help.

Without us...all three of you brats would be the nine tails dinner. Without me to perform the sealing ritual and your mother to hold down the kyuubi you and your siblings would not be alive.

So be greatful to the gods that your sister cared enough about you to stay by your side through everything.

Otherwise I would have had you disowned and banished from the namikaze family name and fortune."

And Kushina said.

"Don't listen to your father naruto.
He's just a little upset Because you almost took his favorite child of prophecy. Away from him. I've never once thought of you as a failure. I always knew you would be a great ninja even without chakra. Maito gai did and he became a jonin Sensei.

Just because you were born with a gift we didn't understand. A unique ability that wasn't linked to either of our families clans... didn't mean neither of us still didn't love you.

When you were born it was the greatest moment of my life. But sadly.
Minato didn't think much anything of your situation enough to understand you. But your sister did.

And I was convinced by your father that you were never going to be a great shinobi without chakra and a part of the kyuubi inside of you. Like all other kage's he became blinded by his title.

He even said at one point he would make menma or Mito the next hokage after him. I told him he's wrong but his arrogance and pride in your brother and sister... well you know the rest. Neither me or your sister ever gave up on you. We knew you would somehow become successful."

And Mito said.

"So... father was always favoring me and menma over naruto nii-san when clearly he always preached about how playing favoritism solves nothing??.
Sounds a little bit hipocratical of you doesn't it father??. You went against your own ninja way. You lost sight of what really mattered most.

You broke the golden rule of a Sensei. Never.. play.. favoritism..

and you broke the uzumaki senju namikaze clans biggest law.
never.... abandon... family... family... comes first... family..is more... important.... family... is... forever.

If anything such Acts like what you did would have most likely gotten your title as a clan head stripped from you and Mom would have taken over both clan names and titles.

And the namikaze family fortune. If anyone is the failure here... it's you and only you. Your a disgrace as a parent and a clan head."

And minato said.

"Like either of you could have done better???. Like either of you would know the first thing involving clan politics???. Haha.. that's a good one.

The village council's would eat you alive before you even got out of your first meeting with them. Menma had what it takes to lead the clan and so did you Mito.

Your looks and his brain's would have control over all the men on the council and their son's begging for you to marry them. But you decided to give it all up for him...for your older brother naruto....a maelstrom of failure and disappointment. You deserve each other as siblings."

Kushina then said.

"THAT'S ENOUGH MINATO!!!. DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO KILL US BEFORE THE WEDDING EVEN BEGINS!!!.

SO SHUT UP AND KEEP QUIET AND LET ME DO THE TALKING FROM NOW ON YOU IDIOT!!!."

Naruto then began to bend the metal around minato's body as he heard his father's Bone's start to crack. Minato began screaming out in pain and said.

"AHHHH!!!. Just do it already!!!.
KILL ME!!!. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO SO DO IT!!!."

And naruto said.

"No... I'll never give you that satisfaction of getting your way ever again. A wise man once told me that it's never a good thing to hold onto the past. Because the more you do...the more consumed by jealousy and hate you will become.

Former general iroh of the western dragon said that to me and has stuck with me ever since. Those words of wisdom are why your still alive right now. Along with Mito nii-chan and that spoiled bastard brother of mine menma.Now I have some words of wisdom for you.

What once was broken and lost.
Can still be mended and found.
Put the past behind and start anew on solid ground. Create the new and be rid of the old. One of silver and the other gold.

For once it's found can never be replaced. Only through letting go will you find your saving grace.

Believe in the path laid before you.or continue holding to the past and die without virtue. A gift of second chance you have been given. Accept or decline shall determine if you continue living."

And minato said.

"Just what kind of words of wisdom is that supposed to be???. And what does it even mean anyway???."

And naruto said.

"You were once considered a prodigy.
Figure it out yourself Mr genius hokage seals master. I'm leaving.

Mito.. you have my permission to do whatever you want to them.In whatever way you see fit. I have faith that you will get mother to see reason. But I don't believe father is smart enough to figure out the riddle."

Naruto then walked out of the prison cell which he used his metal bending to open and oddly enough his sister Mito could do the same thing.

when they found out from toph that she was literally an earth bending prodigy like herself it made naruto Happy to know that he's not the only one gifted with chi. He had to assume it most likely happened the night he left konoha.

Doing so she probably begged the sun and moon spirit's to give her the strength to be with her brother again and was blessed with Earth bending and water bending as well.

Mito then said.

"Look...I don't know about either of you two but this is the life your bound to live by from now on. Your not being given any choice in the matter.

There's a war going on with the fire Lord ozai and naruto nii-san has gained his trust by marrying the fire Lord's daughter azula. She's his fiancee and he is hers. Now. The way I see it. Mother is all for and supporting of this engagement.

But you father..I can see you rotting away in the fire nations torture chambers. They have a prison called the boiling Rock. It's called that because it sits on top of an active volcano.

I'm going to say this only once.don't... sabotage... their relationship. Otherwise it's not going to end well for either of you.

We're almost at the northern water tribe where you will be staying until the war is over and the comet has passed. It's as far away from the battlefield as you could be completely surrounded by water.

You should feel right at home there mother. You did come from an island village after all. Think of this place as the same only far colder and more isolated and protected. Good night."

Mito then left the prison cell and back up to the bridge of the air ship with her brother naruto leaving minato and Kushina in the center of the room not speaking to each other for the rest of the night until their arrival at the northern water tribe where Kushina would be left and minato would be dropped off in isolation at the northern air temple.

Separated from each other unable to have any form of communication with each other this would be their punishment until the battle Against ozai was over with.

They would be at the wedding of naruto azula and ty li as the bride's maid. After zuko Became the fire Lord. Just because naruto had ozai's blessings to marry azula... didn't mean he would be the one doing the ceremony for the marriage itself.

The look on ozai's face when he finds out his daughter betrayed him would be a priceless one to see and naruto would take a photo just for memories sake to laugh at once in a while.

Everyone else was playing their parts and everything was going according to their plans. Soon the age of fire Lord ozai would come to an end and zuko would take the throne with Mai as his wife and avatar aang as his advisor to help keep the balance in check.

The four nations would live in harmony once again and a new era of peace would thrive and prosper for future generations.

The question is...how long would that peace last before a new war broke out between nations again and aang's not around to help???.

Would naruto take up the mantle as aang's replacement??. Or give the rest of the world the middle finger and let the conflict resolve itself???. Only time would tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855 49 8
Water Earth Fire Air My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes...
201K 5.9K 28
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢 //𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 ❝𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬. ❞ Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in h...
4.7K 177 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...