Meeting Me Halfway (HSMTMTS F...

By ClearRock

𝙰 π™Άπš˜πš˜πš π™²πš›πšŠπš£πš’ πš˜πš› 𝚊 π™±πšŠπš π™²πš›πšŠπš£πš’ In which a not so loving reunion in a UCLA College dorm goes... More

A Lil Note :)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57. PT.1
Chapter 57. PT 2
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Imagine If I-
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Not an Update, But Far More Important
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Confessions
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73. An OverLook of Time and Regret.
Chapter 74. What If?
Chapter 75. Right?
Chapter. 76 One last time.
Chapter 77. No time
Chapter 78. Goodbye
Chapter 79. No
Chapter 80. A Finish.
Chapter 81 The Consequences
Chapter 82. Clarity
Chapter 83. Love
Chapter 84. Time Stands Still
Chapter 85. Yes.
Chapter 86. Trust. Was It Ever There?
Chapter 87.An Old Ricky,Chicago Ricky.
Chapter 88. Turned Away
Chapter 89. Fuck No.
Chapter 90. A Better Reason
Chapter 91. Bull-Shit
Chapter 92. Brothers
Chapter 93. I know
Chapter 94. A Merry Christmas...For Now.
Chapter 95 Things Among Things
Chapter 96. Cold
Chapter 97. Together
Chapter 98. The Plan in Action.
Chapter 99. Everything Worked..Right?
Chapter 100. Everything Worked Out.

Chapter 71

863 36 70
By ClearRock

Ricky
1 Week Later
"I'm leaving!" Nini immediately says as I enter the hospital room. "I've been discharged!"

"Wait what?!" I ask, closing the door. "Really!?"

"Yeah." She says with a grand smile on her face. "I'm out of this hell hole! I just need to take my shower and change. Can you wait for me?"

"I-..yeah. Of course." She holds her clothes and begin heading towards the door, but I quickly grab her arm. "What do you want to do? Everyone's flying in today and I don't think they expected you to be up and out like this."

"Well, we could all go to The Park like old times. Just text them Rick." I nod and plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay. Will do."

"I'll be back soon, cool?" She asks with a smile.

"No rush lov-..Nini. There's no rush." I respond.

She gives me a quick peck before leaving the room.

*Flash Forward*
I don't care. You shouldn't care Ricky. You're going to be a father. Nini doesn't need to be involved in your fucking bull shit. She has the perfect life. She's is perfect life. The perfect human being that deserves more than what I have to offer.

As I get into the car, I couldn't help but hit the steering wheel, over and over..and over again. My hand keeps going, hitting the leather wheel, not caring about any pain I was enduring.

It was over, and over, and over, and over again. Hit this, hit that, get weird looks from people passing by, hit that again. Hit until you realize your mistake was for the better. Hit this again.

It was for the better. The fucking better. She won't find you again. You won't regret it later, just keep going.

"FUCK!" I shout, finally stopping. I rest my head on the wheel I just abused and breathe heavily. "fuck.."

I put my head up and forcefully lean back into my chair.

"Fuck man.." I say softly.

I reluctantly take my car out of park and begin backing out, putting on my seatbelt.

"What the fuck am I doing? Stop for fucks sakes." I tell myself.

I grip the steering wheel as I make my way to the Salt Lake Metro Jail.

*soon to be Flashback*
"Why do you look sad?" Skye asks as I pick up the phone.

"I did my plan..that's all." I answer. "How have you been?"

"Well, I'm a 9 month pregnant girl in jail. I'm not feeling the safest right now Richard." She raises a brow. "You never told me your plan. What was it?"

"It doesn't matter. You don't have to worry about it."

"I'm not worrying about it, I want to know about it. You clearly did something you didn't like."

I sigh and rub my temple.

"I let go of Nini. I never told her about us and I just..sent her off."

"You killed her?!"

"What!? What?! No! I just..left her on the plane...did you really think I'd kill her!?"

"Oh my god. Sorry." She gives me a sympathetic look. "Why didn't you tell her?"

"She has the perfect life set out for her. I don't want to ruin it."

"Did you even give her a chance? What if she comes back?"

"I won't be here." I say. "You're almost at your due date, so..once the child's born..I'm going to go to San Diego where she won't even think of looking for me and raise them there."

"I trust you Richard. I do, but I thought you were going to do this with Nini."

"I have it planned out. I just need to put everything together."

"Are you going to go school?"

"Yeah..no..I'm not sure. I don't know if that's going to work out, but I'm going to give that baby an amazing life I can assure you."

"I know you will. I just want you to be sure of all of this. You're risking everything."

"I know, and I..don't care Skye. I don't. I just want that baby to be happy."

She gives me a smile.

"Names." She begins, "we don't know the gender so.. we need to have options for both. I may not be in it's life but I want to have some say in its name."

"Fine." I chuckle, "what are you thinking?"

"Well..for a boy, I'd say either Phillip or Blake a-"

"You did not just say Phillip Skye. Absolutely not, I'm not raising a child named Phillip."

"I-..fine. How about Theo?"

I raise a brow.

"Okay I like that. Theo is nice."

"Alright, Theo for boy. What about a girl?"

"I don't know? Elizabeth?"

"Okay Phillip is bad but Elizabeth?! Sounds like a bitch that would bully me in school."

"I haven't been thinking of child names lately." I say with a slight laugh. "Give me a break."

"Look at me Sir. Eh, doesn't matter, I did this to myself. Okay here, um..how about Cleo?"

"No. No. Absolutely not."

"Okay Okay..how about Aphrodite?"

"The goddess? If we're going for goddesses, we should at least go for Athena."

"I-.I like that. I like Athena."

"So Athena?" I ask with a grin.

"Yeah. Athena."

***

"Hey." A voice makes me look up from my phone.

"Hey Neens," I say, getting off of the bed. "I texted them. Most of them already landed so they'll meet us at the park around 2 or so."

"That's great." She dries her hair with a towel. "Well, I feel refreshed."

I smile as I go up to her. I put my hands on her waist and pull her into my body.

"You okay?" She asks me, putting the towel on a chair before putting her arms around my neck. "You've been this cute little mess for quite a bit."

"What? I'm no mess. I'm just happy."

"Oh really? Your curls don't feel the same anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"They just aren't the same. It feels so different."

"Well I haven't done anything different to it."

"I know. It's just you."

I raise a brow, trying to get what she means.

"You aren't the same Ricky. That day changed you, didn't it."

She was right. I did change, but maybe not in the way she thought I did.

"It's not easy seeing you like that Neen."

She rests her forehead on mine, making me eager to kiss her.

"When you told me that you wanted to change for me, I don't know what I did but I did nothing but try. Try to smile, try to talk, try to live. It felt so surreal."

We begin to lightly sway, her hands still around my neck and mine still on her waist.

"Are you going to change for me?" She asks softly.

"I'll do anything for you."

Holy shit, I can't genuinely believe it's summer. Like we all deadass just skipped 3 months of school (except online) and just continued on without much care. Ah, the things 2020 make us do.
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
-CR❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 573 32
Nini Salazar Roberts is a new girl at East High academy. Ricky Bowen a popular boy sees Nini and immediately develops a crush on her. What happens...
978 43 10
In the vibrant halls of East High, a new student arrives, bringing both excitement and intrigue to the lives of its students. Meet Aurora Porter, the...
100K 3.3K 55
━━━━ π‹πˆπ…π„ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 π˜πŽπ” 〝 you can't keep doing this anymore! living this 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦! γ€ž 〝 i can, and i will, because there is. no. lie...
80.1K 2.2K 66
Ricky and Nini have been best friends since kindergarten. They've had their ups and downs, but always found a way to stay close. But what neither of...