Wrong Number, Kid: An Irondad...

بواسطة shadowphoenix55

The classic Peter Parker accidentally texts Mr. Stark instead of Ned story, but with a twist... neither of th... المزيد

Chapter One - Wrong Number, Kid
Chapter 2 - Yes, it's me, Natasha Romanoff
Chapter 3 - Definitley Not Black Widow
Chapter 4 - (Mama Spider's) Friends
Chapter 5 - The Orginal Six (Minus One)
Chapter 6 - Unresponsive (aka Peter's Friends Scold the Avengers)
Chapter 7 - Overbearing Parental Figures
Chapter 8 - The Tour
Chapter 10 - Nightmares and Dreams
Chapter 11 - The Rest of the Crew, Minus a Few
Chapter 12 - The Competition (aka When Peter Met Tony)
Chapter 13 - The Coffee (aka When Peter Met Natasha)
Chapter 14 - The Good Citizen (aka When Captain America Met Spiderman)
Chapter 15 - The Stalker in the Vents (aka When Peter Met Clint)
Chapter 16 - The Injured Soldier (aka when Peter Met Bruce Banner)
Chapter 17 - The Twins (aka when Peter Met Wanda Maximoff)
Chapter 18 - The Recruits (aka When Peter Met Sam, Scott, and Vision)
Chapter 19 - The Bully (aka when Peter met Bucky and Steve, pt. 1)
Interlude: myfavgeek

Chapter 9 - The Stark Internship

5K 187 22
بواسطة shadowphoenix55

Mr. Mechanic

3:30 PM

Mr. Mechanic

how was your first day kid?

Baby spider

Great! After the tour we got to meet the people we're going to be helping. Sam and I were assigned to people who work in the same area, so I'm super pumped about that :)

Mr. Mechanic

Sam?

Baby spider

yeah!

he's a new intern too and I like him so far

he's kinda like me but different

idk

Mr. Mechanic

alright

also you know you've given me enough information to find out who you are right

since I know you're one of the new male interns and work by this sam and go to one of 5 high schools

Baby spider

... yeah I guess

but you won't look right mr. mechanic?

or I mean we could both meet each other :)

Mr. Mechanic

well I did say I wouldn't

but I'm not a man of keeping promises

but

it's you

so

I won't I guess

gah

Baby spider

thx :)

okay how about meeting me??????

Mr. Mechanic

I-

sdkjgadsjkfna

idk cause even nat says you'd have to bee a really good spy to orchestrate all of this and be so good

and I don't think you're a spy, by thew way

I don't think she does either, really...

but you know how she is

Baby spider

yes I do

so is that a yes?

Mr. Mechanic

...

how about this

we'll see if you can make your way up the ladder of interns to get in my notice

(btw nat is "helping " me with this idea)

(actually nm I don't do other people helping me)asdkjksjdbfdsfb

ok this is nat now

if ur really that smart and good enough we'll say you're not a spy

(for now)

we'll wander around the lower levels a bit more, see what's going on

make ur way up the stark industries ladder and we'll see

Baby spider

challenge accepted :)

Monday

5:00 PM

"Screwdriver." Peter said, holding his hadn't out. Sam, who was occupying the desk across from him, passed the smallest screwdriver over (of course, it was the one Peter needed). Peter stopped to give him a smile before hunching back over his robot. Peter was glad they worked in a comfortable silence, giving him time to think - unlike certain others in the room.

"I can't believe they gave us only a week to make a robot that's like Tony Stark's Dum-E!" Penelope was saying to Lily, "And we're only here on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, plus we have to attend to people for more than half of that time!"

"I know, right?" Jace said from where he sat in his chair, leaned back and arms crossed, "It's our first week!"

The two of them looked at Lily, who was (unlike them) working. After a moment, the redhead looked up.

"What?" She asked.

"What do you think of the challenge?" Penelope asked, a bit of impatience in her voice.

"Oh." Lily said, clearly having learned to block the two out, "Yeah, it's a pretty easy, but it is only our first week. It's not like we're programming a cool AI or learning something new or something."

Penelope stared at her. Sam, who was also observing the scene, chuckled.

"So what do you think?" Sam asked Peter, who was busy watching the escalating level of glares while his hand absentmindedly screwed the last few bolts into place.

"It's a pretty easy challenge, since it's just making it so it can do simple tasks like imitating a fire extinguisher and grabbing something." Peter replied, "But I think that they want us to do more than the minimum of the it has to do x, y and z. They said it had to pick up a cup from the table, but that's pretty easy programming compared to telling it to pick up something and having it do so, no matter where it is - well, as long as it's within reach. Tony Stark's Dum-E can do a lot more than what they're asking of us. I'm going to add some upgrades to mine, if I can. I've almost finished the base bot, anyway."

Peter looked up to see Sam grinning at him.

"I hadn't thought about that, but you're right." He said back, "They're looking for more than just the minimum, here. It's Stark Industries. Plus, I'm almost done with my base bot too. Not as much as you are, but I'll be done by next time we work on them."

Peter's eyebrows scrunched together in thought.

"Do you think we can work on it at home?" He asked.  Not that he'd have time, because of spiderman... but maybe he could fit it in somewhere.

"I doubt they'll let us bring parts back, but we can probably brainstorm." Sam said, "Also, I'm not sure that would help us... some people might get outside help."

They both glanced at Penelope and Jace, the first of which was shamelessly flirting with the other.

"Yeah." Peter replied, and then, in more of a whisper, "Also... I mean... aren't Lily and Jace a couple?"

Sam nodded.

"I know, right?" He said, "It's awful, man. And she's right there."

"She doesn't seem to notice." Peter commented, watching the redhead as she worked on her robot with what seemed to be tunnel vision, "But most people get like that when they're working."

"People like us, you mean." Sam said, "Yeah - being in the zone is awesome and all, but..."

The two trailed off into silence.

"I wonder when she'll notice." Sam commented as Penelope practically draped herself on Jace.

"Should we tell her?" Peter asked, concerned.

"I think we shouldn't get involved." Sam said, "I would but... that's a lot of drama, right there. And maybe she's better off not knowing. So she can focus, you know. It's not like he's gonna flirt back."

Peter cast his gaze back to the two.

"Yeah, I guess." He replied, feeling a bit uneasy.

They spent the rest of the hour in contemplative silence, letting the rest of the world slip away to focus on the challenge in front of them. And, with everything that would happen that night - and the next morning -, Peter quickly forgot the conversation had occurred at all.

Mr. Mechanic

Monday

7:00 PM

Mr. Mechanic

Hey kid! How was your first "real" day?

Baby Spider

GREAT! I just got out lol 😂 but u probably knew that :)

I'm so excited bc our first challenge is pretty basic but I think they want us to go above and beyond, you know, so I decided to do extraaaaa

Mr. Mechanic

well I don't think I am supposed to say but I won't tell if you don't

also I'm the boss so

well um basically ofc

but that's exactly what makes a good intern

or engineer, even

as well as pure genius like myself ofc

Baby spider

realllyyy????? aaahhhhhhh

also (*rolls eyes*)

Mr. Mechanic

you typed out rolls eyes really

was it that necessary

oh wait

teenagers

what else can I say?

Baby spider

😡

Mr. Mechanic

😝

Baby spider

😞

Mr. Mechanic

🧐

Baby spider

😢😭

Mr. Mechanic

😟

Baby spider

wait what why ru frowing

Mr. Mechanic

why r u crying

Baby spider

...

ok I have to go now Mr. Mechanic bc of hw but thx :)

Mr. Mechanic

you're welcome, kid

Baby spider

☺️

Mr. Mechanic

☺️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

632K 20.3K 29
(Under editing) [MANY ERRORS. I started this book when I was just learning how to write and need to review this book severely!!] { U P D A T E | I've...
1.3M 35.5K 51
!Cover Change! What will happen when Peter Parker accidentally texts Natasha Romanoff? Will she figure out he's the vigilante Spider-Man? If so how w...
140K 3.3K 30
Natasha Romanoff has a secret son. He was taken by Hydra at the age of three. She meant to text Clint but accidentally text someone else. Could that...
76.8K 1.5K 21
Just a wrong number story Avengers Peter accidentally texts the wrong number but will that wrong number become something more?