Book Two: Aquiver (A. Saltzma...

By Lone-wolf-fanfics

After the events of Panacea, Diana must come to terms with the identity of her stalker, X, the arrival of Kat... More

Diana Gilbert
Powers, Abilities, Weaknesses, and Belongings
Series
Changes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Question
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Fourteen

2.2K 115 4
By Lone-wolf-fanfics

Diana sleeps in Alaric's bed, they've been switching and swapping every other night. His bed. Her bed. Diana groans as she wakes and turns over to see where Alaric is and what he is doing. He's checking ties in his mirror. He's actually checking ties in the mirror. She frowns a little.

"What are you doing?" she asks him.

"How do I look?" Alaric asks her as he shows off his outfit. She realizes and smirks a little.

"You are actually trying to look good for Jenna?" she asks him, he shrugs a little.

"She's important to you" he answers. "This is important to us" he corrects. "I want to make a good impression" she smiles softly at him.

"She already knows who you are, Ric" She points out.

"But this is me...as your boyfriend...as your partner" He counters. "It's different" She sits up and kneels on the bed motioning him closer to her.

"I like this one," She tells him softly as she runs her fingers over the tie he's wearing. "It's the one you were wearing the night we met" she reminds him, he looks down at the tie and then at her.

"I guess that makes it pretty lucky, huh?" he asks her, she chuckles a little and shrugs.

"Depends on your definition of luck, doesn't it?" she counters. "Stalker. Stabbing. Evil twin sister. Ex-wives. Vampires. Werewolves...oh my" she teases, he takes her face in his hands.

"I found you" he whispers. "That makes it pretty damn lucky...."

"Gods, you're so sappy some times" She counters with a warm smile. "Now....come back to bed"

"Why?"

"Cause that tie is doing things to me" She purrs at him, he raises an eyebrow at her. She wraps the tie around her hand and pulls him onto the bed with her. He smirks and leans over her to kiss her.

.....................

"Are you baking?" Alaric asks leaning in the kitchen doorway at the Gilbert house. Diana stands at the counter, and she is indeed baking a pie.

"What?" she counters. "I bake...I cook" She defends. "I even clean every now and then"

"Hmmm so much I don't know about you" She nods in agreement as he leans up and moves towards the counter. "Is this the wolfsbane?" Alaric asks touching the box on the counter.

"I'm baking it into the pie" She taps her head. "Smart" he chuckles and walks towards her.

"You get hungry whilst you bake?"

"What? No" She argues, Alaric raises an eyebrow and reaches up to touch the corner of her lips, he brushes away pie filling and smirks at her. "A little" She admits. Alaric leans closer to her and brushes his lips over hers.

"Not in the kitchen" Jenna scolds as she walks into the kitchen, Alaric and Diana separate from one another. "We have to eat in here...." She teases a little as Elena joins them.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline, Jenna. She could use a day of distraction." Elena tells Jenna.

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about." Jenna counters. "Why is Damon coming again?" She asks Diana who shrugs a little.

"Come on Jenna, be nice." Elena scolds slightly.

"I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you." Jenna counters just before Mason walks into the room carrying a bottle and some shot glasses.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses!" Mason tells them.

"That would be my exit," Elena admits and shares a look with Diana before she leaves the room.

"You're here for 10 minutes and I'm already back under the bleachers at the pep rally." Jenna points out.

"Like old times, huh? Only I didn't swipe this bottle from my old man." Mason holds up a bottle of tequila.

"Oh, the expensive stuff! I like you already." Alaric teases slightly.

"Just happy to be invited."

"Thank Diana, it was her idea." Jenna points out, Mason looks at Diana.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you know, I thought it would be nice to meet some of Jenna's high school friends. Dig up a little dirt." Diana teases, Mason smirks a little.

"I've got dirt. I've got so much dirt." Mason tells her as he pours them all out a drink.

"I have no secrets. Only dirty shame." Jenna counters as she nudges Diana, Diana raises her glass.

"To dirty shame." Diana offers and shares a look with Alaric who winks at her, they clink their glasses together before they each drink their shots. "Don't like tequila" Diana mumbles and pulls a face as Damon joins them.

"Hey" He greets.

"Damon." Jenna greets.

"We were just doing shots. Let me give you a shot glass, buddy." Alaric tells Damon.

"Here. Use mine." Jenna hands over her shot glass to Damon and then leaves.

"She doesn't like me very much." Damon offers.

"We haven't met. Mason Lockwood."

" Oh sure. Damon Salvatore." Mason and Damon shake hands.

"I know. I heard great things about you."

"Really? That's weird. I'm a dick!" Damon offers, Diana and Alaric both nod in agreement.

.....................

Later, Diana sits with Alaric on the couch as they play Pictionary with Jenna, Damon, Elena, Caroline, and Mason. It's Damon's turn and he is attempting to draw a wolf with a tutu. Attempting to.

"Dress! Ballerina!" Jenna guesses.

"Puppy! Puppy with a tutu!" Caroline offers.

"No, no."

"A dog! Hound-dog!

"Dances with Wolves" Mason offers.

"Mason wins...again." Damon comments, Diana cocks her head looking at Damon's drawing, she frowns.

"How the hell is that thing a wolf?" Diana asks Alaric at her side, he smirks and shrugs back in answer.

.................

Diana is in the kitchen serving the pie, she glances to Damon as he sidles up beside her.

"Aunt Jenna is getting tipsy." Damon teases, Diana shoots him a look.

"Then stop plying her with alcohol" She scolds him.

"I want her to like me." Diana barks out a laugh.

"Yeah, like that is ever going to happen" she glances at him. "How is operation Lockwood?" She asks.

"He's my new BFF," Damon answers, Diana hums and shakes her head just as Jenna walks into the kitchen.

"There you are. Isn't this fun?"

"Yes, thank you so much for inviting me." Damon answers.

"Did I have a choice?"

"I know what you must think about me."

"No, you don't. You've never dated you; I have dated many you's." Jenna admits.

"I'm a work in progress." Diana gives Jenna a cake knife from a set. Damon sees it. "These are fancy." He teases.

"Thanks. My mother's silver set." Jenna offers, Diana looks at Damon who smirks at her, she shoots him a look back when he takes a knife from the set. Diana takes it back from him.

"That's not going to work" She scolds him, he shrugs.

"It'll probably still hurt him if I stab him with it" He whispers back at her, they share a look.

"You are not stabbing him" She scolds him and sets the knife away again.

...............

Damon puts the pie on the table, with a cake knife made of silver. Diana rolls her eyes a little and shoots Damon a look, he shrugs back.

"Mason, why don't you start us off?" Damon offers.

"Sure." Mason then picks up a slice with his bare hands, not with the knife. "I apologize, I'm an animal."

"So Mason, you and Jenna never dated?" Diana asks as she sits at the table across from Mason.

"She was always lost in Logan Fell land," Mason answers, Jenna snorts.

"My first mistake. Mason was a catch; he had girls lining up." Jenna admits.

"Really? I always pegged you for a lone wolf."

"I'm sure I wasn't half the lady killer you were. How about a toast? To new friends." Mason offers and raises his beer.

..........

Later, Damon is still in the kitchen staring at the pie that Mason didn't even eat, he must have been able to smell the wolfsbane in it. Mason walks in and sets a few empty beer bottles on the countertop.

"Jenna just brought out Guitar Hero. Might be time to mutiny!" Mason offers.

"Well, I just happen to like Guitar Hero. So you, my friend, are barking up the wrong tree." Damon counters.

"Okay. Enough with the innuendos, you win, you're hilarious."

"Thank you."

"Come on, man. You don't think I know what this barbecue is about?" Mason asks Damon.

"How do you know about me? Your brother was completely clueless."

"It doesn't matter; I'm not your enemy, Damon."

"You tried to kill my brother."

"That was a mistake."

"Really?" Damon asks him.

"There was confusion; I couldn't chain myself up in time. I have no control once I shift."

"What, no obedience school?"

"I'm serious. Let's not spark some age-old feud that doesn't apply to us. Anyway...You should be more concerned about your buddy's girlfriend"

"Diana?" Damon asks with a frown.

"There is something very wrong with that girl" Mason answers. "Something....tainted" Damon looks at Diana as she and Jenna talk. "Something...sick. I can smell it...like an infection" Diana glances over at Damon and smirks, and he swears her eyes turn black, only for a moment, but he swears he sees it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 12.7K 73
"you know what I wanna hear piece by piece." [BOOK TWO OF THE KLARA ADAMS SERIES] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 5-8] STARTED: August 06, 2020 FINISHED:...
43.4K 920 20
I decided to come back to my old town and start a permanent life with my brothers again. Oh yeah, I'm Sophia Salvatore. In 1864, my idiot brother, Da...
21.7K 706 19
Aleksandar Petrova, Katerina Petrova's twin brother. When the Petrova twins travel to Mystic Falls, Aleksandar is immediately infatuated with Stefan...
332K 10.4K 65
in which, the salvatore's sister goes through heartbreak and victory. katherine pierce x female oc ...