✧ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 �...

By floraljeansandyou

Summary Tags: KiriBakuDeku, Acting/YouTube/Judo career AU, discussions of abuse and past physical and sexual... More

Character Overtures
Chapter One: The Small Fry Bodyguard
Chapter Two: The Live Stream
Chapter Three: The Effect of Spectacles
Chapter Four: The False Maid
Chapter Five: The Clothing Selection
Chapter Six: The Feeling of Touch
Chapter Eight: The Reevaluation
Chapter Nine: I Can't Do It
Chapter Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter Eleven: The Story That Never Happened
Chapter Twelve: The Things We Ignore
Chapter Thirteen: Anxiety
Chapter Fourteen: Changes
Chapter Fifteen: Tunnels and Photos
Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia
Epilogue

Chapter Seven: The Sunlight That Hit Just Right

8.3K 413 221
By floraljeansandyou

Third Person Omniscient

"Babe! Please, tell me you didn't use all the hot water." Kirishima begs, his collab with Present Mic was today, and the male was panicking.

Bakugou rubs a towel against his head and rolls his eyes. "Please, I'm not you, and in case you forgot, we have two other showers with separate water heaters that work just fine."

Kirishima scoffs as if the blonde was stupid. "I don't like the other two, this is the best one, and since you won't let me shower with you anymore, we've had to resort to this every goddamn morning."

Bakugou flings the towel at Eijiro's face. "If you didn't hog the water, I wouldn't refuse." He plants a soft kiss on the top of Kirishima's head and walks out.

"Whatever," Eijiro grumbles to himself and shuts the bathroom door behind him.

The truth was, he eschewed showering alone because it gave him way too much time to think. The redhead reaches over and turns the shower-head on, and extends his hand to test the temperature.

Like far too much time.

The YouTuber undresses, he really should be contemplating about Present Mic, but his mind kept flipping back to Bakugou's face last night when he had woken up. Eijiro had never seen him look so terrified. Granted, Katsuki had had nightmares before, but this was the first time Kirishima had fully seen his expression after one.

A pang of guilt, one that had been eating him up for three months, floods in.

A few days before Katsuki was attacked, the two of them had fought. It was a stupid argument, and Kirishima had forgotten what it was about the minute he had heard Bakugou was in the hospital. Still, it had been enough for Eijiro to decide not to go to America with him, and he couldn't help but feel that nothing like this would have happened if he had. His boyfriend wouldn't flinch when he suddenly touched him, Katsuki wouldn't stare down at his torso, as if expecting the word that had been written there to reappear.

Kirishima shakes his head vigorously and gets into the shower, steaming water flowing over his face.

And Izuku was another conundrum he couldn't figure out. At first glance, he seems like a prodigy who just isn't skilled in social situations and had the unfavorable habit of being far too honest, but there was more to him than that. When he sparred with Shinso, his face was one of pure joy, which leaves the question of why he stopped being a Judoka. Then, his friend- Todoroki seemed enraged that he had left, which means Midoriya's decision was not a popular one.

Eijiro squeezes a hefty amount of shampoo into his hands, roughly scrubbing it into his hair.

Midoriya was secretive, blunt, and frankly an odd individual. But he was also hilarious, kind, handsome, and a badass at Judo.

Kirishima shuts his eyelids tightly as soap seeps into his eyes.

The greenette fascinated him, but he always felt like Izuku somewhere transcendental, and that he didn't want to be found by anyone.

Eijiro groans, either from the suds that were burning his pupils or from the morass that was his life.

He hadn't spent this much time thinking about someone in a long while, and he couldn't remember if he'd ever had more of an urge to touch someone's hair before.

Dammit, Eijiro! You need to be thinking about Present Mic! Get it together!

○●○●○●○●

Midoriya taps his foot impatiently, his lips set in a firm line. "Uraraka! Hurry up! I don't want to waste my day off waiting on you to get your hair done, plus you don't want to be late for Tsu, do you?"

Ochaco waves him off, grabbing strands of her hair and running them through her straightener. "I'd much rather be late and looking hot as hell, than on time. Besides, Iida was the stickler for the timeliness, not Tsu."

Izuku freezes, his mind finally putting the pieces together. "Um, Ochaco, what was Iida's first name?"

"Tenya," she hums, examining herself in the mirror. "Why?"

Midoriya gapes at her. "Why did you fail to tell me that Iida was a director for Horikoshi Industries?"

Ochaco shrugs. "I dunno, it didn't seem important, although the money was a nice bonus, I suppose. Besides, he's an assistant director, not a director. Those two things are very different, Midoriya." She looks at my expression, perplexed. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I-I just never imagined you'd date someone so... high-strung. Nevermind, the fact he looks like he's never done the 'devil's tango' like ever." Midoriya notes, adding quotation marks and smirking.

Uraraka glares at him. "Well, he has."

Izuku holds up his hands. "I'm just saying! I thought you'd be into the playboy type!"

Ochaco zips open his cosmetic bag. "It doesn't matter now, anyway. If there's one thing I do know, it's that I'm gay as frick."

Midoriya smiles warmly at her. "I'm glad that you know that now."

She scowls at him before uncapping her lipstick. "Midoriya Izuku, I swear, one minute its humor, the next it's sincerity. Make up your goddamn mind."

Izuku leans against the bathroom door. "I order the same thing at McD*nald's every time, shouldn't that be enough?"

"'Fraid not." Uraraka leans over, about to unplug her straightener, but stops, her demeanor becoming devious. "What do you say I straighten your hair?"

Midoriya's eyes widen, and he backs away. "Oh, hell, no! I'd look like a deflated balloon!"

Uraraka considers this. "Yeah, probably. But don't you want to see?"

Izuku adamantly shakes his head. "I see it every time I shower, I assure you, I'll live."

The brunette sighs. "One day, you're going to look back when you're married to a sexy hot glass of water and wish you had taken up my advice."

"Or," Izuku drawls, "I'll just be happy that I'm married to a sexy hot glass of water."

She rolls her eyes and unplugs her death machine, gathering up the cord. "Ready to go?"

"I would certainly hope so."

_____

"Izu, why won't you let me drive?" Ochaco whines, as Midoriya struggles to find the right exit.

"Because, April isn't to be driven by just anyone, and your sticky paws would definitely get her in an accident, you're the definition of a speed demon!"

"I'm a pilot, Midoriya! I legit fly planes, I am perfectly capable of driving a car! And you just missed the exit." Uraraka covers her face with her hand.

"That's like me saying that I'm great at Judo, so I'm definitely an expert at Jiu-Jitsu," Midoriya argues, aggressively flicking his turn signal on.

"Whatever, the point is, we're going to be late for dinner with Tsu!"

"Well, if she wants to break up with you, just tell her that you're part of aristocracy." Midoriya squints at the road signs, distracted.

"Yeah, until 'Meet the Parents' day rolls around!" Uraraka pulls out her phone and starts typing.

"Wow, you considered it up until that, didn't you?" Izuku teases, tapping the steering wheel.

"Please, don't flatter yourself."

They fall into silence, both having their minds occupied.

The male felt 'off' any day that Izuku wasn't at Bakugou and Kirishima's apartment. Like he was missing something. It certainly didn't help that if his mind wasn't preoccupied, Katsuki and Eijiro's faces were the first to pop up. And he couldn't figure out why.

He liked the two of them a lot, even when Bakugou was being an ass. There wasn't really any other place he'd rather be.

"Hey, Ura, could I ask you something?" Izuku keeps his eyes trained on the road in front of him.

"Hm?" She asks, turning off her phone.

"If you keep thinking about two particular people and really like being near them, laugh a lot when you're with them and have the bad habit of s-staring at their l-lips. What do you think that means?"

Ochaco grins at her best friend, immediately feeling warm and fuzzy inside. "I'm guessing we're talking about Kiri and Bakugou?"

Midoriya blushes. "I will neither confirm nor deny your suspicions."

The pilot bursts out laughing. "You're ridiculous. You've worked for those hotties for what? A week? And here, your gay ass is, madly in love with them."

"I am not madly in love!" Midoriya insists, chewing on his lip. "Forget, I asked."

I'm not in love, Izuku repeats in his mind, I've got too much shit going on to worry about something as tedious as being in love. Besides, Kiri and Kacchan are incredibly close, that much Midoriya had been able to piece together, and he didn't want to come between that. His gay ass would just have to wait for something else to come along.

"Izu..." Midoriya could feel Ochaco giving him a look of pity, but suddenly she breaks her gaze and points to the right of me. "There! That's the turnoff!"

I'll worry about this later, I guess, I need to focus on Tsu and Uraraka right now.

○●○●○●○●

Katsuki turns the car key, turning off the ignition, and rests his forehead against the steering wheel, his head pounding.

He had insisted upon leaving the house alone, something that Kirishima would have instantly denigrated, if not for the fact he was distracted by Present Mic being in their home. Bakugou had been adamant that he was going to do this, but now it felt like he was coming out of his skin.

He sucks in a sharp breath, the temptation of turning on the car on going home captivating.

Fuck this, his mind screams, and with one last burst of strength, Bakugou vacates his car, his knees unsteady.

Katsuki forces himself not to stare at everyone and reminds himself that he's in a populated area, people would notice if someone were to...

Shut it, your fucking fine! The actor puts on his best performance, forcing his demeanor to be casual and his eyes level until he walks into the small coffee shop.

He can't tell if the noise was helping him or not. On the one hand, it didn't remind him of an alleyway in any way, shape, or form; on the other, the noise was deafening. He stands in the entrance for a long while, stunned, as if this was his first time in a cafe until someone runs straight into his back.

A short girl with jawline length hair and round, mahogany eyes, throws her hands up. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!"

"Ura! Watch where you're going!" A familiar voice shouts as every hair on the blonde's neck stands up.

Bakugou turns around, forcing his breathing to remain steady.

"Holy-" The brunette murmurs, her hands falling to the sides of her green petticoat.

Katsuki looks away from her to see Midoriya running up to them, looking panicked.

"Kacchan! W-What a surprise!" He stutters out, giving the blonde a quirky smile.

Bakugou rolls his eyes, what a nerd. "This your girlfriend?" He points at the petite girl.

Why was he asking this? Why would he give a shit what Midoriya did on his days off? Katsuki tries to work through the puzzle and comes out empty-handed.

"Please, like this dummy could score me." The woman flips her hair.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a little too vainglorious, Uraraka?" Midoriya asks through gritted teeth, a roguish grin plastered on his face.

Uraraka raises a well-groomed eyebrow. "Silence, my darling boyfriend."

"Careful, Tsu's only a few feet away." Midoriya jabs.

Katsuki curls his lip, have they completely forgotten I'm here?

Ochaco's eyes dilate. "Shit! I'm really late, aren't I? Do I look okay?"

"Like the perfect little gold digger," Midoriya smirks, and Bakugou is instantly surprised.

Izuku had come up with a healthy amount of remarks while working for him, but the actor never knew that Midoriya had this in him.

Ochaco glares, her gaze enough to make most people run away in terror. "May I remind you that you confessed some valuable information in your car, that I would be happy to share with anyone? And I do mean anyone."

Midoriya sighs, arms crossed like a child. "You look nice, Uraraka."

She simpers and pats Izuku on the head. "Good job. Now, if you don't mind me, I just might be doing the 'Devil's Tango' tonight. Don't expect me home, Izuku." She strolls away, instantly hugging a girl with long, shiny emerald hair.

Midoriya knew she was joking and that knowing her and her grandmother tendencies, she'd be asleep by ten tonight, but he couldn't control how Bakugou interpreted that.

"The fuck is 'Devil's Tango?'" Bakugou questions, knowing the answer to his rhetorical question.

Midoriya sighs. "Sorry about her, she can be a lot."

At that moment, Bakugou Katsuki wasn't exactly sure what happened, if the light had hit just right or if this was only the first time he had really looked at Midoriya. He suddenly noticed how toned Izuku's arms and legs were, and the soft yet angular lines of his face. His eyes- They have an intense look to them.

In the end, Bakugou's gaze landed on Midoriya's rosy lips.

"Kacchan? Anyone home?" Izuku chuckles out, feeling as if he must have something on his face.

"Huh?" Bakugou slowly brings himself back to reality, thoughts swirling.

"I'm going to get myself a coffee, want to come with?"

Katsuki nods slowly, the feeling of wariness leaving his limbs. "Sure, nerd."

_____

Bakugou drops his keys in the small bowl, Kirishima had bought at Target a few weeks ago. Collapsing on the couch, he shuts his eyes, the image of Midoriya smiling in front of him ingrained there.

"Hey, babe!" Kirishima greets, forcing himself to remain causal. "Did everything go, okay?"

Katsuki runs a hand through his hair. "I ran into Midoriya; he was with an incredibly odd girl."

Eijiro involuntarily lightens up at the mention of Izuku, sitting down next to Bakugou, and resting his head on the blond's shoulder. "Was her name Uraraka?"

Bakugou glances over as much as he was able to. "How'd you know?"

"When you were sick a few days ago, Midoriya and I went clothes shopping, and we ran into a friend of his, I think his name was Todoroki. Anyway, the guy mentioned that Midoriya was living with his best friend, Uraraka." Kirishima looks up at his boyfriend. "Midoriya was super snarky with Todoroki; it was hilarious."

Bakugou places his arm on Kiri's waist. "He was like that with Uraraka too."

Eijiro sighs, closing his eyes. "I hope he gets that comfortable with us."

For the first time, Katsuki doesn't say anything about a plan to fire Midoriya and simply nods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1K 16
Pushed to the edge of his mind, there was nothing left for him. Izuku lost all joy in life, but he still wanted to live. He wanted it as much as he w...
11.7K 421 41
Marinette is a young girl from Paris. She was born in Japan though. Marinette doesn't have a quirk. Marinette's dad left her and her mom when Marine...
70.9K 1.5K 17
Class 1A decided to throw a party in the dorm, and Kaminari snuck some alcohol into the punch bowl. One thing led to another, Izuku and Katsuki in th...
80.1K 3.5K 91
warning: content in here will vary drastically. storylines can range from mild to triggering. viewer discretion is advised ...