𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃 ━ pansy...

By charIieweasley

when all of hell is loose, two girls find comfort in each other and realize how much more they can still ga... More

𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃
ii. train rides
iii. hat's warning
iv. best friends!
v. negative points
vi. wiztag fun
vii. repeating rabbits
viii. the plan to steal

i. hogwarts notice

3.8K 146 231
By charIieweasley

CHAPTER ONE:
( hogwarts notice )

▂✫⌒*・゚

PEOPLE ALWAYS ASKS: HOW one can still be happy even with everything going on? Venus's secret to this attitude is to 'fake it till you make it'. Easier answer? Pretend. Sure, she did not want to go back to Hogwarts and instead go on the run like her dearest cousin, Dean Thomas. However, what else can she do other than run? If there was something about Venus Thomas is that she absolutely does not run away from problems. And you know, that is a total Gryffindor move to do but she took pride in that fact! Since a kid she always found herself in the messiest and riskiest situations that deemed themselves in a question of 'how did you even get yourself in this mess?'. The hows were always unexplainable (for example, one time she climbed up a tree and then somehow flew up to a lamppost without realizing it and then just simply jumped off rather than yelling for help). Admittedly, possibly heading to her death is completely different than doing the unusual, but her mind could not help and feel for the first-years who will have to suffer not knowing that Hogwarts is meant to be a safe place filled with making memories instead of fear.

There's a feeling in her system that tells her it is likely Harry Potter and his two best friends (okay, Hermione Granger definitely is not attending since muggleborns are forbidden) were not returning for their last school year. And with that fact getting over her head, Venus knew exactly what to do: become a symbol of hope to her classmates and encourage them to continue being on Harry's side (even if it's on secret).

Though, her parents did not seem to happy about this fact.

"Venus, you cannot return. It is too dangerous," Holden Thomas, her wizard father who used to be respected by the Ministry except it was now overrun with Death Eaters, claims strictly. Before they had took over, however, her father luckily resigned and fled from their view before any Death Eaters figure out that he married a squib. Her mother sat quietly in the other end of the table, listening to the two wizards speak to one another. Although she identified herself as a squib (mostly growing up as a muggle with two wizard parents), the woman still knew about the war and how deadly it could be.

The young girl frowns at his statement knowing this response had been coming. She did not like it, but she knew why. Her parents cared too much about her and this was their way of trying to keep her safe. Hiding in the midst of war. Venus knew their demand is fair— except she knows she has to do this. Dangerous or not, the girl felt it necessary.

"Dad, I know I can be a pretty handful person who has been irresponsible for majority of her life—"

"Honey, I never said that—"

"— but this is something I have to do. Children are still going to attend the school, father! These Death Eaters will twist their mind one way or another and I have to show them that they can fight back even in the smallest and cleverest ways possible. Dumbledore is dead and they won't have much to laugh at, but I can give them that," Venus argues back determinedly. A fierce look in her eye makes the older man clench his jaw and think over her words. Knowing that now he seemed conflicted on how his daughter wanted to do the right thing, she continues, "I'm seventeen years old now. Legal of age and can apparate, cast spells... all that stuff. This is my decision, father, mother. And I want you two to accept that just like how you accepted me."

Her father sighs in exhaustion, running his hand through his face. "Accepting a chance to die and accepting your sexuality are two different things, honey. Your mother and I would not be able to bare it if you die within the grounds of school without us to protect you," he answers honestly.

His words make her frown deepen. He definitely had a point. And she knew why he found himself scared of what is happening in the world, Dean's father— his brother was murdered trying to run away from his own family to protect them and that fact still hurts him. Still, it did not make her change her mind and based on their expression, they knew it too. "I understand, but there's two simple problems. One, I am not changing my mind. Two, the letter that I received specifically claimed that attendance is mandatory if we are half-blood or pureblood wizards and witches. There is a chance that if I don't go, they'll hunt all three of us down," she expresses quietly.

Knowing this was a losing battle, both her parents sighed once more. Venus could not help but pity them— the thought of losing their daughter scared them endlessly. Merlin, they were already fearing for their nephew. Dean chose to rather run from his own home in hopes to keep his family safe from danger as he was not returning back to Hogwarts. It reminded her of the stories her father would tell her about her uncle.

"Fine," Holden finally gives in after having a silent conversation with his wife.

The rest of the time eating their dinner ended up being oddly quiet and with a new fear in their system. Venus thought over her group of friends and makes a guess whether they would be attending or not. Lizette Lewis, her best friend and Gryffindor partner, classifies as a half-blood (with a dead muggle mother) so she would have to join... at least if she isn't, her best friend hasn't ran off yet. Then there was Tiberius McLaggen (Ty as she likes to call him), a pureblooded Hufflepuff, and he would definitely have to attend seeing as he was, well, pure. His twin brother is Cormac McLaggen, one of her own housemates, but he seems to be rather annoying and egoistic that Venus did not claim him as a friend.

That means she was not going to be alone, but Venus would make sure they would not be so scandalous as she hopes to be. She wondered silently if Dean's best mate, Seamus Finnigan (she was sure they were dating but he always ignored the question), would attend. He was a half-blood wizard so there was another chance he is, then again maybe he could have run away with Dean.

A tap on the window causes her head to glance up quickly, her hand immediately heading to her wand instead of a normal reaction. Fortunately, it had been nothing but an owl with a letter being tied around it. She stood from her spot and let the owl return back to whomever it came from before ripping open the letter.

Miss Thomas,

We are glad to announce our newest Headmaster to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as Severus Snape, the former Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. We are also please to announce that Defense Against the Dark Arts will now be renamed as the Dark Arts. With these new improvements, we hope that this school will be free of its dirty blood and be known to its full potential. Do not forget the necessary books and equipment needed. Remember, attendance is mandatory for September 1st.

Amycus and Alecto Carrow
Deputy Heads

She swallows deeply, a shiver being sent down her spine as she recognizes the two names as Death Eaters. Her parents stared at her curiously and she smiles warmly at them like if what the note said had not been important at all.

(Who the fuck made Professor Snape, killer of Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster?)

"It's just a reminder that we need to have our supplies ready and that Snape is now Headmaster," Venus informs them vaguely, keeping the same smile on her face to reassure them it was fine. There was one thing she learned throughout a kid. Being happy takes effort, but it is worth it to assure those you care about that everything was right and not have them worry.

Venus's last year at Hogwarts will be literal hell— but at the end of the day, she chose to go back and stand up for what she believes in. And no matter what happens, she knows it in her heart that whatever ends up happening to her will be worth it if it means to help Harry's side win in the war.

▂✫⌒*・゚

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
this story will FUCK you up in ways
that will make u think 'why didn't i see
this coming since this girl made spencer
montague suffer dozens times' (yeah, sum
u haven't read :) but at the same time it
will have cute moments between her
and pansy so yeah :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 306 27
𝐘/𝐧 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞. 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡�...
369K 8.3K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
330K 12.4K 47
When a party hookup turns into something more than just that. *** "You don't understand, do you Atlas?" She asks as she turns around to look at me. I...
9.7K 180 12
We are soulmates, cursed with misfortune in this lifetime. How many more lives to I have to endure to be with you? „I love you and I'll find you aga...