But I love her

Da Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... Altro

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
21-planning
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

26~max

143 5 0
Da Just_peachy21

A few days later I still couldn't get what Aria said out of my head. She loves me. Do I love her? I don't know if I can. Do I care about her? More than anything. Love is different. The person I loved the most got taken away from me. I don't want to feel hurt like that again.

"Are you okay, hon?" I snapped out of my trance and looked up at my granny.

"Yeah granny I'm fine" I played around with my food. "I'm just gonna go to my room"

"Adrien you hardly ate" she looked at me with worried eyes.

"I'm fine granny I promise I'm just not hungry"

"You haven't been hungry for a few days"

"Sorry I just have a lot on my mind"

Have I really been thinking about this for a few days? Yes I have.

"Get some sleep honey"

"I know granny" there was a knock at the door. "I'll get the door before I head to my room"

"Thanks honey"

"Max?" I asked. What was max doing here? I really don't feel like fighting.

"Hey Adrien" He said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Look man I'm not in the mood to fight"

"I'm not here to fight" he gestured to the backpack on his shoulder. I just noticed how terrible he looked. His hair was all over the place and his eyes were bloodshot and looked very tired.

"Dude what the hell happened?"

"Don't cuss in this house" granny yelled from the dining room.

"Sorry Granny" I yelled back.

"Seriously though what happened?"

"I'll go into detail but only if you let me sleep over here"

"I've already told you your family of course you can sleep here"

"Thanks man" he walked inside and he looked so much worse in the light.

"Just go to my room I'll be there in a minute"

"Thanks again"

"I swear it's no problem at all" he went to my room looking around at all the pictures and other stuff on the walls.

"Who's here and staying at the house?" Granny asked as she sipped on her tea.

"Max"

"Max? Like your cousin max?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"And he's staying here?" She acted like she didn't believe anything I was saying.

"Yes Granny and he looks like crap. He needs someone to talk to" I looked at her with pleading eyes even though she can't say no because he's already in t

"Okay honey"
***
I went to my room and saw Max just sitting there on my bed looking around my bed.

"You have a nice room"

"Thanks" I made my way to my closet and pulled out the already blown up air mattress.

"Why do you have an already blown up air mattress in your closet?"

"Maverick comes over a lot. I'll go get you a pillow and some blankets" I walked out of the room and grabbed a pillow and two blankets from the linen closet.

"Here" I said, throwing the pillow and blankets at his face.

"Thanks" he tossed them on the ground by his blow up mattress. He laid back on my bed with a sigh.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"My mom sent me a card"

He never knew his mom. At least he doesn't remember her. She left when he was a baby.

"It said 'see you soon love, your momma' she abandoned me when I was a little baby. I told my dad about it and he said she's been sending cards since she left. He said he was going to give them to me when I turned eighteen. We got in an argument, we were yelling at each other for two hours straight. We eventually calmed down and sat in the living room staring at each other from across the room.

"Then the doorbell rang. Dad got up to get it and he brought my mom into the living room. I didn't know who she was. There was a strange woman in my living room with a suitcase. He introduced me to my mother for the first time in seventeen years. He never expected her to come back. I wouldn't even look at her. She abandoned me when I was a baby. I wondered for years who she was and what she looked like. At a young age I knew she was never coming back and I was okay with that."

"I get it. Sometimes I think my dad wanted to abandon me but didn't because of my mom and most of the time I can't stand to look at him or even be in the same room as him"

"It's different"

"I know just trying to help"

"Thanks I appreciate it."

"So did you just leave after that?"

"No my dad kicked me out"

"What? Why, because you couldn't get along with your mother who abandoned you as a baby?"

"No because after thirty minutes of the woman who gave birth to me trying to talk to me the school called. They told him I failed the drug test and he yelled at me. He said no son of his will do drugs and live under his roof. Then he told me to pack my bags and find somewhere else to live. So that's exactly what I did."

"Stay here as long as you like. I just have today no drugs in the house. I don't give a flying crap what you do out of the house but if you bring them in this household my granny will kill me then bring me back to life then kill me again." He laughed softly at that statement.

"Don't worry that won't be a problem. I've never done drugs in a house before and I don't plan to. Plus I only plan on staying here until I find an apartment to live in"

"Good"
***
There was a loud knock at the front door. I looked at the clock on my dresser and it was almost eleven o'clock at night. Who would be knocking at eleven at night? I grabbed my phone without checking it and walked to the front door. I opened it to see Aria. Wait no, a crying aria!

Without a word I dragged her in and into my arms. She's soaking wet. I just now realized that it's raining outside. "Baby let's get you into some new clothes and take a shower. We can talk later okay?" She just nodded her head and silently followed me.

I lead her into the bathroom so she can take a shower. "There's towels in there I'll bring you some fresh clothes" she nodded silently and I closed the door behind me as I walked to my room to get her some clothes.

I grabbed her some of my boxers, sweats, a T-shirt, and a hoodie. I folded them nicely and set them on the floor right outside the bathroom. I went to the kitchen to make her hot coco.

"Adrien?" A small, soft voice said from behind me.

"Baby girl" I whispered, running to her and wrapping her in my arms. She was in my clothes. I loved the sight. I remember the day I wanted to see her in my clothes after we threw pickles at each other. Back then I had a crush on her now she's mine.

I heard a soft sniffle in my ear. I pulled our hug apart and lightly grabbed her face. "Baby girl what's wrong?" I wiped a stray tear off her cheek as she leaned into my hand. Xander is all she could get out before bursting into tears.

I wrapped her in my arms running a soothing hand through her hair. "I'm here for you when you're ready" I whispered in her ear. She nodded her head crying into my shoulder. I grabbed her hot coco and dragged her to the living room. We sat there and snuggled as she drank her hot coco.

"Xander passed out and fell." Her breath was shaky. I know how much she loves Xander.

She took a deep breath before continuing."He's been acting weird for a few days so I knew something was up. My parents tried to send the little ones and me to my grandparents in fear of something like this happening. I didn't leave his side. I knew something was wrong. Instead they just sent Lav and Jess." She sniffled and had tears in her eyes but she didn't cry. "When he fell I was the only one who was in the house. I'm the one who called 911. I was in tears trying to shake him awake." She broke into tears again. I can't imagine how scared she was. I squeezed her tight and kissed her head soothing her.

"I was petrified, I thought... I thought..." she trailed off into tears. Even though she didn't finish I knew exactly what she meant. My heart shattered. I feel terrible, I know how losing someone feels and I don't want her to feel that pain. "I thought he was gone...for good. Calling 911 was scary. I was sobbing into the phone. I was terrified. When they got there and began putting him on a stretcher I almost threw up. I was so so scared there's not a word that can describe how terrified I was. There was a queasy feeling in my stomach and I was shaking really bad and crying uncontrollably. I felt like I couldn't breathe and the room was closing in on me. I blocked most of it out trying to be strong for Xander when he was weak. Babe it was so bad."

"You were having an anxiety attack. Look I've been getting them ever since my mom died. Maverick and my family are the only ones who know about it. I hate having them. Was that your first one?" She nodded her head shyly. "Babe I hate that I wasn't there for you when this happened"

"It was at ten o'clock you were probably in bed. Plus you're here now that's all that matters" she looked up at me with a small smile on her face. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying and still had tears in them.

"Let's head to bed" I took the empty mug from her and put it on the coffee table. I lightly pulled her off the couch and she followed me to my room.

A small gasp escaped her mouth when I opened the door. I forgot about him. "Maverick's here?"

"No my cousin the one who broke his arm"

"Why is he here?"

"His mom came back after she abandoned him seventeen years ago then his dad kicked him out because he failed the drug test"

"That's terrible" she put a hand over her mouth.

"He's staying here until he can find an apartment to stay in" I took off my shirt because I got hot.

"Well that's good."

I sat down on my bed. "Come here" I pulled her into my lap rocking her back and forth. She fell asleep in minutes. She had a really rough night. She deserves a good night's sleep. I laid her down with a kiss on her head. She was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I laid down next to her and she instantly cuddled with me. I fell asleep with a snoring Aria in my arms, I could never be happier.
***
Hey guys! I'm back! I hope you liked this chapter! There's only two chapters left! I'm so excited for the last chapters! What'd you think about this chapter? What about max and his situation? Comment vote and follow!
                Until next time,
                         𓆉Kylagrace21𓆉

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

150K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
280K 4.5K 24
Meet Arianna Bode, she's sweet, nice, caring and maybe everything he wanted.... Meet Nate Williams, the once legendary player but now totally whipped...
195 18 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
480K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...