Her New Life

By meqdow_baby

For as long as she can remember, Hailie lived with her mom and stepfather because; as her mom says "he left u... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
New Cover!
Sorry
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
The End
New Story
Bonus Chapter 1: Hardin
Bonus Chapter 2: Hailie
FAQ
New Cover!!

Chapter 29

22.2K 632 94
By meqdow_baby

Hi everyone! I'm sooo sorry for making you all wait so long. I have been so busy recently. I know a lot of you have been asking for a new update, but I kindly ask that you realize that we all have own lives that we have to live. As much as I wish it did, my life doesn't revolve around wattpad. 😅 I still have school, and a family/friends. Thank you all so much for 112 k reads. Love you all so much!
_________________________________
Recap:
Please be ok
_________________________________

Xander's POV

Shit shit shit

Those were the only words that my mind could comprehend as I drove to the hospital. Will and Cole were both yelling at me to drive faster, but I couldn't risk getting a ticket right now.

It only took 10 minutes to get there, and all three of us ran inside. Mason and Alex were already there. Alex was nervously pacing back and forth in the waiting area, and Mason was at the front desk, no doubt filling out some papers.

I ran to Alex.

"Did they tell you what happened?" I frantically asked him.

"No. They just took her in and said that they'd call us in when she's 'stable.'" Alex replied.

"What the hell does 'stable' mean?" Cole blurted out from behind me.

"I'm not sure. But she's definitely not ok right now." Alex said while running a hand through his hair.

"Jesus Hailie... just be ok"

Hailies POV

Black.

That's all I saw.

I think I could hear stuff around me, but it was so muffled and pushed away that I couldn't make out what the sound was.

I tried to talk, but it felt like no one could hear me.

I sighed.

I could only smell something.

The smell was so light... but it was so familiar. It reminded me of someone.

Mason.

It was Masons' cologne.

My brothers! Where are they. Where am I? Are they ok? Am I ok? What the hells happening?

All the questions circling my brain were killing me.

A headache successfully pounded its way into my skull. I groaned, and just as the sound of voices got louder, I fell into a deep sleep.

Xander POV

5 hours. That's how long we've been waiting.

We all sat in silence in the waiting room. We all were thinking of the same thing, but no one dared to talk.

Occasionally, one of us would stand to stretch our legs or to use the bathroom, but other then that, none of us have moved. My arm was pretty much numb from hold my head that was resting on it for multiple hours, but I didn't care.

We waiting another hour or so until finally a doctor came out.

"Hailie Bianchi?"

The minute we heard the name, we all jumped up from our seats.

Mason was the first one to talk.

"Is she ok? What happened to her." He talked with a calm voice, and he had a blank face, but we all knew he was panicking inside.

"She is ok now. But when we checked her blood, there seemed to be a type of poison in it. It was a very rare and uncommon poison that would be very hard to get your hand on. So I don't know how she managed to digest it, but it took a very long time to get it all out of her system. You all may go see her now, but she isn't awake yet. We don't know when she'll wake up. It could take minutes, hours, days or weeks. Even months. It all depends on how strong her body is at the moment. I suspect that she'll wake up in an hour or so."

We all were quiet for a minute.

"Poisoned... she was poisoned. But how?"

I quickly threw the question out of my head as we all practically ran to the room the doctor pointed to.

Alex carefully opened the door and we all gasped.

She was lying in the bed and there were so many wires attached to different parts of her body. She had an oxygen mask on and you could see her chest rise up and down slowly under the thin hospital gown.

She looked so pale, and her long brown hair was scattered to one side of her head and was flimsily tied up with a plastic band. She looked so weak and fragile.

Her eyes were closed and you would have thought she was dead if you didn't see her heartbeat.

Alex was the first to walk up to her. He sat on one of the chairs next to her bed. There were five chairs all around her bed. Just like Mason asked them to do.

Alex took her hand and rubbed circled onto it. He sighed and looked at her with pain and worry in his eyes.

We all got seated too.

Mason and Alex were the ones directly next to her. I was next to Alex,  Cole was next to Mason, and Will was next to me.

We all just looked at her. Again, none of us said a word. I looked around an observed all of my brothers.

Alex has bags under his eyes and his eyebrows were pushed so close together that there were lines on his forehead.

Mason has lines on his forehead too. His knuckled were white from him squeezing them so much. He was holding Hailies other hand and he was holding it so gently. Almost as if he held it to tight then she would disappear.

Cole and Will both had dark circled under there eyes. Cole's mouth was in a straight line and his elbows were resting on his legs, and he held his hands in a tight grasp, placing his head on top of them.

Will we leaned back in his chair. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were dark as stone. Even a hammer couldn't brake them.

This made me realize how much we all needed Hailie in our lives. Without her, we all were... broken.

I don't know how we ever lived without her.

My eyes suddenly went back to her when I heard shuffling and groaning.

We all looked at her as she groaned quietly and opened her eyes. First they were squinted, and they the opened her eyes fully. She tried to take off her oxygen mask, but she coughed loudly, so she kept it back on. Before she could do anything else, she was squeezed into a gently hug from Alex.

She was ok...

Hailies POV

The darkness. I hate it so much. It was all I could see. How long has it been now? I don't even know.

Almost as if my prayers were answered, I saw a bright light, and I tried to open my eyes.

The light was so bright that I had to squint. When I finally opened them, I could only really see in front of me. My vision was trying to clear the object around me. I noticed something was over my mouth, so I tried to take it off, but I failed when I coughed loudly. After I put it on, I was engulfed into a gentle hug...

My vision finally cleared and I almost started crying.

They were here. Like actually here. And Alex was hugging me. I tried to hug him back, but he gently placed my arms down, and I realized why. There were wires sticking out of my arms. But why?

They could probably see the confusion on my face.

Mason answered "you were poisoned Hailie."

"Poisoned?" My voice came out as barely a whisper.

Oh shit.

Hey everyone! This was a very long chapter for me; but I hope you all liked it! Tell me what you want to happen in the future chapters. Love you all so much! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
192K 5.6K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
169K 3.7K 27
I walked out of my room and closed the door. I started to go downstairs where I could hear my siblings talking. I was almost to the stairs when I hea...
254K 5.8K 46
Evelyn was kidnapped at the age of two from her family by her very own mother. Isabella Adelaine was the mother of Evelyn and most of her brothers...