Chapter 17

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 35 K READS! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! THANK YOU!!
_________________________________
Recap;
Not on my watch.
_________________________________

I ran to Masons office and decided that I should knock. Yes, I was about to beat his a- BUT it could work out better if I try to be nice, even if it's for a few minutes.

I take a breath and knock on the door.

"Come in" Masons deep voice allowed me to enter. I pushed open the door and shut it behind me.
Mason looked up from him laptop and seemed to notice my mad facial expression and raised an eyebrow. When I sat down at the chair across from his desk, he shut his laptop turning his attention on me.
"What is it Hailie? You know I can't be disturbed when I'm working."
"Yes, Yes I know. I'm sorry for bothering you, but I need to talk to you about something important.
Mason signed but adjusted himself in his chair and rested and elbow on his desk signaling me to start talking.
I took a deep breath.

"Well, I just find it really unfair. I mean yes, I could have tried harder! But, you don't put the same pressure on any of our other brothers. I'm the only one who has to work this hard. Xander, Cole and Will! They're still in high school and they don't have the responsibilities that I have! Yes, I may be more intelligent for my age, but you could have atleast asked me before putting me in advanced classes! Math and Science is getting so hard! You don't understand! If you put the same amount of pressure on the others, then it would make sense! But this! This is just stupid! Why do I have to do more! I could just have normal classes, and then I could have all A's. That's what you want right? Cause it's all about the grades that I get, and JUST me, and if I'm failing or not? Doesn't matter if I'm overloaded with work, or stressed?"

Mason just looked at me for a few seconds before sighing.

"Hailie, I put you in advanced classes because you need a challenge. It's not my fault that you cant handle the work that was meant for you. If I put you an any lower class, then you would fly though it. Which is good, yes. But, you need a challenge. Otherwise you'd be bored out of your mind. I'll let the bad grades go for now, but, if you continue to have bad grades, then I can find you a new tutor. Marcus can leave and I can find someone that can actually make you focus. And I don't put more pressure on your brothers because they are very smart too Hailie. Wether you have noticed or not, you brothers get straight A's. I don't have to worry about them. But I have to worry about you."

His eyes softened at the last sentence. I knew exactly what he was talking about. I stared at the ground realizing how stupid I was. Mason is right, well, he's always right. Tears threatened to fall as my memory of Daniel came back, but I pushed them away by trying to blink a few times. But not in time, I felt Masons fingers gently grab my face and pull them up to his eye level. He wiped the tear that feel down my cheek. He let go and cleared him throat.
"You May go Hailie"

I quickly get up and leave, shutting the door to his office while hearing him type away on his laptop. I sigh as I notice how stressed Mason was. It isn't easy taking care of 5 siblings while working, trying to be a father figure, and trying to be a good sibling at the same time. He tried so hard and I just put more stress on him!

I smiled as I came up with the perfect plan!

Mason was going to love it!

Hey everyone! I left you on a cliff hanger there 🤣. New chapter tomorrow! Bye love you all!
🦋❤️