HIS SECRET | Book #1 | THE H...

By Bradleys_Toothpick

More

Authors Note
Welcome!!!
THANK YOU ALL!
Bradleys_Toothpick
⭐️How To⭐️
Prologue
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY ONE~
~TWENTY TWO~
~TWENTY THREE~
~TWENTY FOUR~
~TWENTY FIVE~
~TWENTY SIX~
~TWENTY SEVEN~
~TWENTY EIGHT~
~Thirty~
Sneak Peak of "His Revenge" Book 2 of The Mafia Series
Acknowledgements For the New Rewrite 🤍
Dedication
*New Prolgue*

~TWENTY NINE~

11.1K 491 50
By Bradleys_Toothpick

"Coffee?" I hear as I walk into the kitchen.

"Please," I mumble, ducking my head low as I veer my eyes past Kaye, and see everyone seated at the kitchen table. I grab a chair and become seated, it's quiet and my irritation heightens when I feel everyone's eyes on me. I crack my neck, which is sore from the slumber party I had on the front lawn. I stare down at the table, wincing as I felt a sharp pain shoot through my head. Fuck, why did I have to drink the entire bottle?

"What the fuck happened with you last night?" Cole asks. I raise my eyes from the table and notice how everyone's looking at me.

"Honestly, I have no fucking clue," I answer, nodding my head to Kaye as she hands me the cup of coffee. "I can barely remember guzzling half of that bottle." I grab my phone from my pocket and recheck for messages. Nothing. Not one fucking text from that fucking bastard.

"You disappeared after you trashed the guest room Ray was staying in." Nick looks at me, frowning. "Brother, I've seen you destroy many things over the years. This is the first I've seen you react over a female." He studies me, lips slightly pursed.

"I didn't think I had a babysitter." I glare, squinting as he raised a brow.

"You don't, but it's me, Damien. We've known each other forever." His lips tilt in a half-smirk. He's right. I can't count the times he's been at my side, but right now I don't care. I only care about what's going on with Ray and what my fucked-up father is planning. I don't believe his bullshit note. He's up to something and I need to figure out what that is before he has the chance to follow through.

"Zane called while you were passed out on the lawn." Jacks speaks while pulling out his phone.

"I need to let him know I won't be returning." I mentally curse. Damn, I've completely forgotten about my job. I could care less about it right now, but Zane has been good to me, I'd rather leave on good terms.

"Yes, that would be nice for you to do, but that's not why he called." Cole chuckles. I look at Cole questioningly. "I had him keep tabs on what's going on back home. He's got connections in law enforcement. Seems our problem is no longer." He nods, and I raised both eyebrows, relieved but also intrigued at how it was dealt with.

"Oh, is that so?" I ask, noticing Kaye looking towards Cole, confused.

"What problem?" She asked sitting down beside him.

"Kaye, this isn't any of your concern. How about you girls get shit packed up, while we get some sort of plan going to get my sister back?" He insists, and I don't miss her hurt reaction at how harsh he was. This is the first I've seen him be hard on her, but he's right. She doesn't need to know about things that could come back on her. She stands with a hard look on her face and leaves without a word, Chelsea hot on her heels.

"So, tell me how did our problem disappear?" I asked once I hear a door slam.

"Police have nothing to go on. They have no witnesses or motives to classify it as foul play. They closed the case. He's no longer considered missing. Since no foul play was involved, they told his family he was considered an adult in the eyes of the law and left on his own free will. Unless they come across anything to the contrary." I nod, very pleased with the information. Even if they had any evidence, it would be hard to pin anything on anyone without a body. I made sure they won't ever have that.

"Good, one less thing to worry about." I sip more coffee, feeling my phone begin to buzz. I quickly pull it out of my pocket and notice an unknown number calling. I don't think twice, as I answer.

"Damien." Voice hard, stomach twisting in knots, as my heart hammers in my chest.

"Damien?" I feel relief course through me at the sound of her angelic voice.

I close my eyes, hand spearing through my hair as I breathed her name, "Ray."

Cole and Nick are both saying something, but I don't hear them, I'm focused on her. "Baby—fuck, has he hurt you? If he's laid one goddamn finger on you..."

"No, I'm fine Damien. He's hasn't hurt me." She interrupts. I let out a long relieved sigh, sitting back down.

"I need to know where exactly you are," I grunt, swallowing the lump forming in my throat. "I'll make this right Ray. I'm sorry I've gotten you pulled into my shit. I'll get you back home, far away from that sick son of a bitch." I ensure. "He'll be sorry he ever took you." One promise I'll keep, even if it takes me the rest of my life. He'll pay for even breathing her name.

"Damien, I'm fine. I promise. I'm in New Orleans. Your father told me he left you a note, letting you know to come home. Did he lie?" She asked.

Confused, "No, but I didn't trust that he was serious about not planning to harm you." I inform her. "Do you know where exactly in New Orleans?" I asked. He must have idiots looking after her since she's gotten a hold of a cell phone.

"I'm sitting on your bed in your father's home," she says.

"How did you find a cell phone?" I asked, my stomach twisted again. Something's not right...why would he leave her in my room? I assumed she would be locked in a basement or a warehouse.

"Oh, it's my new phone. Why?" She asked. What the—

"New phone?" I question, standing.

"Yes, your father got me new clothes as well. He said if I was to be your woman, I needed to dress the part."

"I don't understand baby, new clothes? New phone? Dress the part?" I repeated to her, my head beginning to spin trying to figure out what she's going on about. Has he made her believe he was going to let her stay if I come back, so she wouldn't run once he got her to Louisiana?

"Ray, what happened when you were supposed to go talk to Kaye last night?" I asked as I began to pace. I look up at Cole and he's staring at me along with Nick, watching my every move.

"I went to my room, I was upset." She begins.

"Upset, why?" I ask.

"I knew you were going to leave, the look you kept giving me on the way back to the beach house was a dead giveaway." She answers, my chest pulling tight—she's right. I was going to leave.

"Well, he was in my room when I walked in. He ensured me you would come home if I was here, so here I am." She chuckles.

My body stiffens, head spinning as I felt a shit load of emotions pull me down. "W-What are you saying? You left with him?" I choke out, breathless. She wouldn't do that, would she?

"Well, yes, of course. I couldn't be the reason you gave up the family you've known your entire life. I couldn't live with myself."

I don't hear anything else as I barely felt the phone slip through my hands. I can feel my body shaking and look up at Cole.

"What's happened?" He asked, frantically.

"She left with my father," I mumble, feeling betrayal wash over me.

She didn't fight, she just left with him, how could she? I don't understand...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 1.7K 6
Marcus narrowed his eyes at her and brought a hand up, tangling his hand in her hair and tugging on it so she was looking up at him. "You're asking f...
207K 6.8K 58
"We share a fucking bed!" He follows me out of the bathroom, grabbing my wrist when I had turned my back to him. "What's fucking wrong with you now...
3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...
86K 1.9K 12
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...