(Naruto) Team Seven: Life Ret...

By MushTroqua

Team 7 are considered one of the, if not, the strongest team ever seen since the three sannin. Yet, this team... More

Team Seven
Pain of the Body
Memories
Realization and Discussion
Long Night
Summons
Start of the Past
Missions and Love
Wave
Wave Pt. 2
Sennin
Little Ninja
Life of a Ninja
End of the Beginning
The Creepy smile
The Chuunin Exams!
Genins
The Man behind the White mask
Important Long Update for my Wattpad Readers
Serious Announcement (Please read)

Missions of Responsibility

3.1K 94 13
By MushTroqua

"It doesn't matter what you do, if you die and live as you like. However no matter what road you end up taking, remember to protect the people that are precious to you" – Sarutobi Hiruzen

"That is interesting" said Hiruzen as he smoked from his pipe. He turned around and look at Kakashi and Kurenai "I will send a team to assess and acquire Gato's wealth... and Zabuza's bounty will be adjusted, seeing how much damage he could make."

"Are you certain that you two do not know who killed Gato?"

"No...Hokage-sama. We weren't certain on who had killed him but Zabuza stated that since his employer was dead, he had no duty to kill us and simply left" Kurenai answered. Hiruzen nodded and closed his eyes.

"I understand... You are dismissed, Kurenai. Kakashi. Stay. I would like to discuss something with you"

"So Kaka-sensei was responsible why Zabuza just left?" Naruto asked Sakura, to which she nodded in reply.

They were at Kakashi's apartment and activated all of the seals Kakashi had put in his apartment.

"That was different from what he had planned... and he had changed a lot of things as a result." Sasuke noted.

"Like the Great Naruto Bridge is now called the Kakashi Bridge." Sakura answered to which Naruto's ego deflated and he felt down "Why would anyone call a bridge a scarecrow, I won't ever know" Naruto mumbled

"Zabuza and Haku are alive as well" Sasuke said which immediately got a reaction from Naruto. Naruto felt surprised as he had forgotten about the two of them and processed the information

'If they're alive... What would that entail for the future?"

Sakura looked at Naruto and wondered herself "Well...I know they were brought back by Edo Tensei back.. well forwards... at the Fourth Ninja War, so that removes them from that. To be honest, I'm not sure if what would their impact be. We're now walking in slighty shakier grounds here, Naruto" Naruto nodded. Who knew that Sakura could think like Shikamaru when the situation demands from it! Then Naruto felt Sakura's aura get darker.

Naruto gulps. That's why she was the smart one in the team.

"We need to also talk about what I saw when I got knocked out... I'm assuming that the dobe saw something too?"

Naruto glared at Sasuke ,who shrugged and smirked, but he concentrated on the matter on hand. "Yeah, I did, Sasuke. I saw the Rikudō Sennin, when I got knocked out" Naruto said as he told his story

"So... he really is responsible for this" Sasuke said as he replayed what Naruto said "And... What did the Kyuubi had to say about it?"

Naruto smirked "He's being a big baby about it...Jeez! Stop swearing at me! Alright Alright I'm sorry, okay?!" Naruto said to himself, to which Sasuke took the Naruto was talking to Kurama.

"And does that mean... we can't get back to the future?: Sakura had said which had shut Naruto. In reality, Naruto had never even thought about getting home. Yes, he was happy about his life when he was Hokage. When he had done what he had dreamed and went out to do. But that had been destroyed and he had watched so hopelessly.

"That...would appear so, Sakura" Naruto said as he stumbled into the words. Sasuke stood silent as Naruto watched him also process the information. He had suffered a lot, yes. But would he change it for another chance? No, he wouldn't.

But he was already here, and he might as well.

"You said that you saw something as well, Sasuke" Naruto said as he looked at Sasuke. Sasuke nodded and activated his sharingan, implanting his memories of what Sasuke saw. Naruto mumbled 'Lazy ass' then proceeded to process the information, and stopped on his tracks.

"Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki" Naruto growled "I don't understand why he would bother helping us now."

"He might be using us as a step to a bigger plan" Sasuke said to Naruto who nodded "Let's take precautionary measures towards Momoshiki while it's still early... Prepare Konoha for an eventual invasion, for the worst case. The extreme case, prepare for another Shinobi War" Said Naruto, in his Hokage mode. Sasuke nodded in agreement.

"How about the new developments? We basically have the Three Sannin with us in this time period" Sakura said to Naruto "Jiraiya-sama is looking for information for the Ōtsutsuki, Tsunade-sama is here setting up the Medical corp, and Orochimaru... We don't know what his doing"

"Hmm, we'll deal with him when he gets here. For now, we stay here, stay with the plan. We do the Chuunin exams as would our 12 year olds self would. Then, plan from there."

Naruto heard a knock from the door

"Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, Haruna Sakura. The Hokage has ordered for your presence"

Hiruzen smoked from his pipe as he fixed his papers in his desk while he signaled his ANBU guards to go away. Hiruzen sat down while Kakashi was standing in front of him. "Tell me, Kakashi. Why did you lie about the report about Training Ground 7? "

Kakashi looked at Hiruzen "I have no idea what you are saying Hokage-sama" Kakashi said to Hiruzen. Hiruzen raised his brow as he sat down and puffed from his pipe.

"Do not force me Kakashi. Any normal day, I would have just let the situation be. But since from that day forward, I have observed a lot of abnormal occasions that have caused my concern. For that, I believe your team might have truly seen something or had felt something and have been convinced or otherwise force not to tell the truth. I might be inclined to believe that you might have commited treason and will be dealt with accordingly."

Kakashi forced himself to look at Hiruzen's eyes, yet he moved away. Kakashi contemplated in his mind a sentence he could say to diffuse the situation, but found that he could not. For a man that lies to a being above and does not get away with it, must deal with the consequence of his action. And Sarutobi Hiruzen was the Shinobi God. He would not get away with this.

"I...apologize, Hokage-sama. But I cannot be the one to say what happened that day."Kakashi said to Hiruzen.

"That is a surprise, Kakashi. Then who may I speak about this?"

" The Nanadaime Hokage, Hokage-sama"

Hiruzen was surprised at Kakashi's reply 'The Seventh Hokage? Then does that mean-?'

"Basing on your reply, I might be inclined to think that you came from the future?" Hiruzen said to confirm his thoughts. Kakashi gave no reply, and Hiruzen took the silence as a yes. Hiruzen looked at Kakashi in the eyes and found that he wasn't joking nor was he lying. Hiruzen rubbed his forehead. This situation was turning into a big science-fiction story his grandson was always interested about. "And who is the ...Nanadaime, Kakashi?"

"He is Uzumaki Naruto, Hokage-sama"

10 mins later

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke went to the Hokage's building and was now at the Hokage's door.

Naruto opened the door and was surprised to find Kakashi at the room "Kakashi-sensei? So Hokage-jiji called for all of Team Seven?"

"Not...exactly...Nanadaime-sama"

Naruto looked at Kakashi in surprise and looked at Hiruzen, who had his eyes close and was smoking his pipe.

"So...Naruto-kun... you're the Nanadaime?"

Naruto's brain restarted for a minute before he pointed at Kakashi "And Kakashi-sensei the Rokudaime"

Hiruzen raised his brow and looked at Kakashi who shrugged. "Tell me Naruto-kun, are you really from the future, or is this...just one elaborate prank that you managed to pull Kakashi in?"

Naruto looked at Sasuke and Sakura, who nodded "We have the proof for you Hokage-jiji." Said Naruto, who with Sasuke and Sakura, brought a one-hand tiger seal.

Suddenly, with a poof of smoke, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura transformed into three individuals that Hiruzen had never seen before. Yet, as Hiruzen looked carefully, he noticed that these there looked like the three genins that were before him, but older.

'I wouldn't still believe them at first glance...But, the details of their transformations are very specific. Naruto has shorter hair and a bandaged arm, and a cloak which resembles Minato's. Sakura has, what it appears to be like Tsunade's seal, and Sasuke doesn't have his left arm...'

Hiruzen looked at the blonde "I...I would need further proof, Naruto". Naruto notices the lack of the honorific and knows that Hiruzen was now taking the situation seriously. He watch Hiruzen pushed a button, calling for his assistant "Call Inoichi here immediately"

"Tell me, Naruto. Let's say I do believe you..." Hiruzen started to say as he eyed the blonde "IF you are, you say, the Nanadaime... How would, if one Hokage would have this situation, do with a Purple Alert Emergency?"

Naruto eyed Hiruzen back and smirk "So we're really doing this?" said Naruto before he cleared his throat "Forgive me, Sandaime-sama but the answer to your question is highly confidential and are only available to a certain level of Security Clearance, in which I don't have the confidence to share with the lack of Private seals activated around this office"

Hiruzen looked at Naruto and smiled slightly "Forgive me, Naruto, it seems I have forgotten. Answer my second question then. If a Nukenin S-Class Shinobi request for...let's say, to be affiliated with Konohagakure and join the Active Shinobi roster... what would be your response?"

"That is the discretion of each Hokage, Sandaime-sama" Naruto replied.

Hiruzen smoked his pipe "Yes that would be, Naruto, but what would be your answer?"

Naruto look at Hiruzen with a slight falter but returned to a look of confidence "I would completely reassess if said shinobi's past and try to determine if they would not betray Konoha. If they had pass that stage then I assign ANBU guards to look and guard said Shinobi for a duration of time in which I have given. If they... do not pass, then I give them an hour to leave the village before Hunter-nin follows them."

Hiruzen nodded, a sign that he had accepted the answer and Naruto breathed in relief

Hiruzen reassess the situation with a careful thought 'Even if this was a joke, Naruto's intelligence has increased ten-fold...considering his replies....I would know more when Inoichi arrives'

As of that moment, a knock was heard "Come in" said Hiruzen and a pale blonde man enters the room, he looks at Naruto and the rest of team seven with shock and surprise and immediately looked at Hiruzen, who nodded as he knew that Inoichi understood the situation.

Inoichi nodded back "Very well, who may I start with, Hokage-sama?" said Inoichi.

"Naruto. He has already consented to the jutsu, you may start whenever you are ready" Hiruzen said to Inoichi, which had a look of shock when he had finally processed who the others were, but steeled himself and prepared to do the justu to Naruto, still in his transformed state, had sat down at a chair next to Hiruzen's desk.

Inoichi touched Naruto's head and proceeded to do what he had been ordered to do

The others watched carefully, still standing around, as they watched Inoichi do his jutsu.

A moment later, an out of breathe Inoichi came out of the jutsu with cold sweat

Hiruzen looked at Inoichi with concern "What did you see?" asked Hiruzen to Inoichi

"I saw many thing Hokage-sama. Jiraiya-sama, Orochimaru, Tsunade-sama." Inoichi said as he counted the things he saw in Naruto's mind "I saw destruction of Bijuus, the Fourth Shinobi War, the destruction of Konoha itself"

"And are there any signs that these memories are fabricated?"

"Hokage-sama, I am sure. This is the real Naruto. I would have continued, but I was suddenly cut off by a presense that was all too familiar." Inoichi said to Hiruzen, to which recognized what Inoichi was saying 'The Kyuubi... That confirmed it'

Hiruzen looked at Naruto's eyes and saw an all too familiar sight. Determination and trust. A sight he saw in the Naruto he knew. That had been the final straw. It was true. This was the Naruto he was familiar with.

"I... " Hiruzen said with a stumble of words. Not in all of history, this had happened before.

"Inoichi" said Hiruzen "I declare that everything that you have seen here is an S-Class confidential situation. Under no circumstance, are you allowed to discuss or say what had transpired today."

"Hai, Hokage-sama"

Hiruzen looked back at Team Seven and smoked his pipe "I will need time...to process what has happened today. I'll call you back tomorrow. Everyone. Dismissed" Hiruzen said as he rubbed his forehead. Once he was alone in his office, he stood up and looked at the window, watching Konoha under an ordinary day.

Jiraiya continued to read the scrolls he had been given to with concentration. With every word, he continues to grow more and more worried.

"Dear Kami..." Jiraiya muttered.

At one of the scrolls there was a drawing (One of the priestess had stated this was from after the legendary fight of the two brothers) which a fox, with a whirlpool on his chest, being stabbed from behind by a pale horned man. Jiraiya looked closely and saw that the man was taking the fox's energy from his hand, which worried him more.

Jiraiya looked at more scrolls and found more drawings. A cherry being thrown into a purple pond, creating ripples of circles. More horned men, this time they were in a circle, tearing leaves into small pieces.

Then he saw something familiar and yet it was not. A white toad, with rods behind his back. Around the toad were orange angels that cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 139 6
♥︎ ╺╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╾╼╸♥︎ ╰─⊱Step one: Go back in time. ╰─⊱Step two: Save everyone and everything on earth from death and destruction. Easy... Ri...
98.3K 2K 37
Yume and Sasuke were together for as long as they could remember and had a wonderful life with their family. Yume had deep feelings of adoration towa...
197K 5.2K 36
Otsutsuki Hikari was the firstborn of Otsutsuki Kaguya, he was sent to the future by an undeveloped jutsu of his mother in order to save him from him...
21.7K 599 20
Kabuto foresaw the Izanami. He knew this would happen. But he did not like to lose. That is why, he had a backup. A plan to destroy everything. Now...