The Art of Warren

By b00klover09

He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess en... More

•Prologue•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Two•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Twenty Seven•
•Twenty Eight•
•Twenty Nine•
•Thirty•
•Thirty One•
•Thirty Two•
•Thirty Three•
•Thirty Four•
•Thirty Five•
•Thirty Six•
•Thirty Seven•
•Thirty Eight•
•Thirty Nine•
•Forty•
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
The Art of Submission

•Nineteen•

5.8K 258 53
By b00klover09

I'm nice as fuck, So if
you see me being mean to
someone,
They earned that shit.
~Rusafu

"Nick?"

War leant against the door of the quiet kid, knocking softly as to not wake up Pomelia. She had been sleeping for a while...and he could only chalk that up to the traumatic night they had. She had been so upset about possibly losing him that she cried and kissed him..then kissed him some more. She was so concerned...it honestly made his heart ache.

He didn't think anyone really cared much about his wellbeing. Maybe Jess cared once when he was ambushed by some rouges and they really fucked him up good. But Pomelia cared, a lot for him and it just made him want her even more. This was how relationships worked. Or so he guessed.

"No!"

Hearing a soft cry from behind the door of Nick's room, he frowned. Nick didn't talk so he didn't think it was his voice...but upon hearing another cry he gently opened the door.

War's eyes immediately went to the bed...but no one was there. Then his eyes scanned the floor. He saw a leg under the bed. Did someone try and kill the kid?!

He rushed over to the bed, and dropped to his knees pulling at the one leg. Thank god, Nick was attached to his leg...but he didn't smell too good.

For starters he was still sleep. He wore a pair of pajama pants but they were soaked near the crotch. He had peed on himself in his sleep. He was thrashing wildly in his sleep, and War noticed that his cheeks were wet from his tears.

"Nick, wake up," War tried grabbing his shoulder and shaking it lightly. That only seemed to add fuel to the fire. Nick shrieked again and War cursed, surprised at how loud he was. "It's me, War...wake up!"

He quieted down and War watched as his eyes slipped open. The kid quickly sat up, eyes darting around wildly as his entire body shook in fear. His eyes landed on War...then looked to his crotch. He covered himself in embarrassment.

"It happens," War shrugged as he got up on his feet. "Get dressed. We have a meeting." Nick nodded his head awkwardly and War gave him an odd half smile before leaving the room.

What had happened to the kid? He wanted to know...but then again that was an unspoken rule in their pack. Don't ask about the past unless you wanted to get a fist to your face. He wouldn't ask Nick...and he knew Nick would most likely never tell him. It would probably die with him, just like War's past would.

Checking back in, in his room again, he ensured that Pom was still sleeping and found himself smiling. She was just so beautiful and kind...He wanted her. Bad. Every time they kissed, he wanted to lay her down, strip her bare and show her just how much his body reacted to her sweet one. He wanted to show her with his tongue, his fingers, his cock.

A noise that was coming from downstairs snapped him out of his primal thoughts and he growled lowly. Who was down stairs? He didn't feel like dealing with some entitled pack member of Reese's this morning.

He was going to give a piece of his mind and fists to some Mach guy last night if it wasn't for Pomelia falling off the couch.

War made his way down the steps and inspected a room or two before he smelt a familiar scent. That scent led him to the kitchen.

A man was there in the kitchen...in front of the opened fridge searching through it. He was wearing a white button up shirt and a pair of black dress pants from what War could see. The man was a bit taller than War, but he lacked the muscle. Not to say that the man didn't have any...but War simply just had more.

"Hello to you, Warren."

The man grabbed a carton of orange juice before turning around and smiling. "Thats not my name," he told Reese as he noticed that his black suit jacket was laying on the counter. Why was he so fancy today? "Why are you dressed up?"

"Oh I went to this little shin dig Mei Ling dragged me to. Got shit faced," he groaned as he poured himself a big glass of orange juice. "Where's your mate? I want to meet the poor soul linked to you for life," he smirked as he began to chug down the tall glass of juice.

War wanted to flip the cup and pour it all over him, but he fought the urge. "She's sleeping," he told Reese as he burped loudly, pouring himself another glass. War gave him an odd look. Why was he drinking so much?

"Oh well I'll meet her eventually. What about the kid who Khan was talking about? Good with computers and shit..but says he doesn't talk? Is he like...okay?" Reese questioned as he started to take food out of the counters. War was surprised that he actually stocked the kitchen.

War shrugged. "He's fine. Just doesn't talk."

Reese chuckled, taking some bread and popping in into the toaster. "Kinda like when I first met you. All you did was stare at people. Still do a little of that too. Anyway I hear from one of my guys, Mach that you and your mate were giving him a hard time?"

Was he seriously bringing this up? He hadn't said two words to the man...well maybe like six maybe but he was unconscious half the time. Then again, Pomelia was awake...did she insult the guy somehow? Whatever she did, he knew she wasn't in the wrong. "I don't care," War told Reese as the Alpha rolled his eyes.

"Of course you don't, War. Also a very important thing to remember about Mei. If my mate comes around I need you to say you're here for a break from your pack and that's it. No mention of Ben," he warned War as he watched the toast pop up. He should maybe make Pomelia some toast and orange juice...and maybe cereal? Did the kitchen have any cereal? "...You know she doesn't like you guys or Khan."

War rolled his eyes. Yes, Mei was Reese's beautiful mate who loathed their packs existence. "It's not like she'll come here." She would avoid this place like the plague.

"She actually wants to see your mate, surprisingly," Reese smirked as War was suddenly annoyed. That would pose a problem. Mei was liable to say something that would make Pomelia be suspicious of his lifestyle. "What? You look annoyed and where is that kid? I need to fill you two in on some stuff so you can find Ben and a few other pack members."

War narrowed his eyes, now more interested in what Reese was talking about. "Forget the kid...fill me in."

Just as he said forget the kid, he could hear light footsteps. In strolled Nick, with an oversized hoodie and a pair jeans that drowned his thin body. He glanced to War and his face immediately flushed.

"So this is Nick? You're taller than what Khan said," Reese commented as Nick just nervously shifted his weight from foot to foot. "I know you don't talk. As long as you can do the job, I don't give two shits. Want some OJ?"

Nick shook his head and seemed to take a few steps closer to War. "You two might want to sit for this. I have a shit ton to tell you," Reese claimed as he walked over to a small black bag and placed it on the counter.

He unzipped it and pulled out a sleek black laptop and pushed it over to Nick's direction, then took a pile of papers out and handed them to War. "My mother was a were but her first mate who died tragically was a human, Ben's dad. Her second mate was my father who was an alpha," Reese explained while smearing jam on his toast.

"Ben grew up feeling inferior. He was the eldest, he should be the strongest, he was supposed to inherit the pack, but he's weak. As you know when you're...a mutt you take after your human side more. Things that came naturally to me, did not come naturally to my oldest brother." He paused his story to drink down some more orange juice.

War never knew Ben really. The few times they did visit the pack, Ben was nowhere in sight. "Anyway...he started to act out. I found my mate first, he didn't like that. I excelled in many things that my brother could not. My dad passed and my mother soon after and I was named Alpha and he just...he broke."

Reese's tone suddenly changed when he said his next words. "He started going out, meeting with these mutts, these rejects. He kept talking about a guy named Ivan. Said he was a mutt, half breed who was stronger than any purebred out there. Kept talking about a half breed army who would take down the purebred Lycan hierarchy."

War frowned. Of course the purebreds were favorable and owned most of every pack and organization pertaining to lycans. He was purebred too...but from two omegas. He earned his strength just as a half breed would. "So we just track him, bring him back."

"I want you to find my brother yes," he agreed as he began to rummage through the cabinets. "Damn I told them to stock up and they got you guys all the good snacks." He then proceeded to pull out cheese crackers and rip open the box. "Once you find my brother, I want to know where his hideout is. You said he had a tracker or some shit on that human whore."

War knew this was a little off topic but since Reese kept tearing apart the kitchen would he be cleaning it up? That was a big rule in their house. You mess it up, you clean it or else. He learned that the hard way. Jess was of course immune to that rule.

"So we find the hideout then take him."

The crunching of the crackers stopped. "LPA is looking for him because of this Ivan guy. Supposedly they're kicking up some trouble..a lot of trouble. The LPA was here last week asking for his whereabouts and believing that he's responsible for attacks on both human and Lycan women."

War groaned. No one mentioned the damn LPA. They loathed his pack's existence but didn't bother them much. Khan received letters yearly from them claiming that they were going to come for their unofficial, sham of a pack. As long as Khan kept paying up to the religious temples and RRO, also known as the rehabilitating rogues organization, they for the most part kept off his back.

"So don't bring him back here...? What the hell do you want?" War growled, getting fed up with Reese bouncing around the bush.

"When you find my brother and his hideout I need you to burn the hideout to the ground. All that shit is evidence. I don't need the LPA dragging his name through the mud."

Nick tapped the counter before he began to furiously tap on his phone before placing it on the counter and sliding it across to Reese. He picked it up and read it out loud. "You want us to hide him at our pack?" Reese shook his head, wiping his hands over his face. "When you find my brother tell him I love him then kill him. I don't need him standing trial, people knowing what he did, disgracing my family name. Just kill him."

Nick shot up from his chair, his body shaking slightly. Reese slid his phone back over the counter and Nick almost dropped it. He began typing something again and then handed it to War.

"He said...how can you kill your brother?"

Reese shrugged. "He's not dragging my family name through the mud because he's insecure and weak. My parents have worked too hard for them only to remembered having as having a crazed son who attacks innocent people. Plus he'll rot in jail, death is better than that."

"You don't sound upset," War commented as Reese's facial features contorted.

"He's not my brother anymore. He died a long time ago when he tried to come on to Mei Ling. Here's something you'll learn about having a mate, Warren," he said while he held the knife covered in jelly tightly, a cold look washing over him. He then struck the marble counter with the butter knife...so hard that the surface began to crack.

Reese smiled. "Family, pack members or not. Fuck with a man's mate and you're good as dead. How do you think my Beta died?" Reese questioned, as War noticed that his canines were growing as he tore into his piece of toast. He remembered Khan mentioning that to him a year and some months ago. Laughing about it.

"You killed him?" The smile that Reese wore when War questioned that, was chilling apparently to Nick, because he took a precautionary step back.

Reese chuckled. "You know Mei is Chinese. Forget she comes from a bad ass line of lycans, and that she came to the states to study American pack hierarchy but my second in command was convinced otherwise. Kept saying she was as an omega, ch*nk whore coming to the states for money. Of course he had a horrible accident that he just so happened to never wake up from."

War's phone pinged and he glanced down at it, realizing it was from Nick.

'I thought he was supposed to be nice.'

War chuckled, glancing back at the kid who was staring at Reese as if he was the devil incarnate. One thing the kid needed to realize is that Alpha's weren't nice. They didn't get the title by 'being nice.' Most people in positions of power wore two faces.

"What did he say?"

"He thought you would be nice."

Reese threw his head back in laughter. "I'm actually a pretty nice guy, Nick. Just don't get on my bad side." War doubted that Nick would believe that.

"So find his hideout, kill him, and if you get it all done before the month is up you're welcome to stay and chill. I have a truck outside for you guys since the other one ya know. Any questions, concerns or concerns?"

"We're up against the LPA?"

Reese made a face. "Unfortunately yeah you are. You have to find my brother before they do and there's a few cops in my pack. They really want to help, like Mach the guy you met yesterday but I don't want them getting involved."

Good. War didn't want that asshole getting involved either. "I'm gonna head out. Those documents are some stuff I've been able to o dig up about his whereabouts. Some are old notebook scribbles I found in his room..." He trailed off as his phone vibrated in his pocket. Glancing at the screen, he smirked. "Welp thats the missus, wanting some much needed attention. I'm counting on you guys. Gotta go."

Reese grabbed his suit jacket and sighed loudly, before slipping it on and, winking at Nick, who gave him a distasteful look.

"See ya," War said as Reese threw him a pair of keys that he caught with ease. Once Reese left, War turned to Nick who was turning on the laptop. A look of serenity crossing his features. "We don't tell Pomelia about this...got it?" Nick nodded his head. "She just thinks we're finding, not killing." Nick gave him a thumbs up.

War would make Pomelia some breakfast, spend some time with her then he would look through those documents and Nick and he would get to work.

Getting up, he went over to the sink and washed his hands, before glancing inside the fridge. Bacon and eggs were there...but did she like bacon? He wasn't sure how to cook it. He always ate at the dining hall or stole Trent's protein shakes. Sometimes he could manage scrambled eggs. That's what he would do. Toast and eggs...with orange juice.

He got a bowl and took the eggs out, wondering how many should he crack for her? He could usually eat four...but Pomelia was much smaller than him, but she needed to be full with the pain medication that she took...

Four eggs he decided on. That would fill her belly and then he would make two pieces of toast with butter and jelly. Just in case she enjoyed both.

Nick watched him closely as he cooked, and kept sending him messages as he did so. Like add 'seasoning.' He added pepper, he didn't understand what else he was supposed to be adding.

Once he was done with the eggs, he cursed as he rushed over to the toaster. He clicked the button twice to eject the toast and inspected the dark pieces of bread. They were a little crisp...but he enjoyed his bread on the burnt side. Once he buttered the bread he looked around for a tray and luckily found a nice wooden one near the kitchen sink.

"I'll be back."

He grappled with the plate of eggs and toast then the glass of orange juice before heading up the steps and towards their room.

As he approached their bedroom, he could hear Pomelia's soft voice talking. Was she on the phone? "And please help me know the right words because I know War will not go for it! Thank you goddess." Was she praying/talking to the goddess? What would he not go for? What was his little mate planning?

Trying to balance everything, it took a moment for him to get into the room and he was immediately met with Pom's fresh vanilla scent.

She was laying there on the bed, a gentle smile on her face...those dark, wavy, curls standing up at odd angles. Even though she was wearing one of his t shirts, due to them being the easiest thing to slip over her body, he could still very well see her femininity. The over abundance of material did little to hide the swell of her breasts or the skin of her thighs showing from the shirt being hiked up.

"Good morning."

She smiled as she pulled helplessly at the hem of her shirt. "It's okay. I'll fix it," he told her as his mate immediately began to blush. "I made you food."

Pom's entire face lit up making War's chest puff up. "Aw War that's so sweet! You didn't have to," she said as she tried to sit up and situate herself.

"I like doing things for you," he told her as he set the tray down on the foot of the bed before helping her get her bearings together.

Once she was situated, he placed the tray on her lap and placed the juice on the night table. "Oh! Eggs and toast...I love eggs!"

War knew it. His mate was just like him. He watched her take a large bite into the scrambled eggs before her eyes widened and she started to cough. "What? What's wrong?" He questioned nervously as he handed her some orange juice quickly.

She gulped some juice down before giving him a weak smile. "Oh nothing just a lot of pepper...but pepper is good! It's delicious. I appreciate it a lot War. I-I didn't know you could cook so well."

Her voice didn't sound so convincing, but her eyes sure were... "You're welcome...you should eat it all," he recommended as her eyes widened, looking down at the plate. "You take a lot of medicine."

A nervous look replaced her smile. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

War wasn't following. "About medicine?"

She shook her head, taking a deep breath. She seemed scared or worried almost. But for what? "War can you set the tray on the table for a second...I really need to have a serious talk with you."

War suddenly had a terrible feeling about this 'talk.'

*****************

Thoughts, concerns & queries?

Hope you all are doing well.
Chapter 25 and 26 will be on Patreon by the end of the week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 90.3K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
772K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
177K 6K 40
Rejection is not natural. Neither is being wolf-born, but that one I had to live with. It began with a rejection, and not one that was taken lightl...
1.8M 50.6K 80
Artemis Terry, living in her father's pack- Emerald Guardians located on the edge of the Romanian border. Artemis was an Alpha's daughter and yet she...