Poseidon's Daughter

By Marykerose

I woke up to the face of my new mother, reborn into the world of Percy Jackson. The firstborn daughter of Pos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20: Chaos
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: A different side to Poseidon
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Chaos
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: Welcome to camp
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 Camp
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 Ares
Chapter 48 Home
Chapter 49 Emotional
Chapter 50 Dreams
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 Truth
Chapter 53: Meanwhile
Chapter 54: Answers
Chapter 55 Getting real: Family time
Chapter 56 Zeus, Hera, Hermes and Apollo
Chapter 57: Brother-sister bonding time

Chapter 25

23.1K 869 146
By Marykerose

Rhea POV

I'm finally back at school, along with my mother who had a meeting with my teachers.

They are talking about my education plan and how to adapt it to my mental capabilities. I have to do a series of tests to see where I'm at and where I should be placed.

It took me the whole morning, right into lunch, to finish the tests.

"Miss Jackson, Mrs Jackson," my principal greets my mother and I, "Please come in," he gestures to come inside his office.

"Miss Jackson, your test scores are remarkable. I'm amazed that you're still in school and not at university. Your test scores are better than our seniors," he says.

"What?!" my mother widens her eyes.

"Mrs Jackson, she has a lot of opportunities that are open for her. She can have any scholarship from any University. She's only nine and can quote Shakespeare, solved advanced math equations at university level, and from memory wrote down all medical terms for the human skeletal system, along with major muscle groups, more than what was asked for," he says.

My mom stares at me, eyes still wide.

"What?" I ask her, raising my shoulders.

"You're too young to go to college," she says panicked.

I've never seen my mom panic as much as she is doing right now.

And so he asked me if there is anything that I want to pursue as a career, so he could help me with an application for whichever University I want to go to.

"We're moving too fast. Can't she stay here and continue her normal schooling?" she asks him.

"I'm sorry Mrs Jackson, but we'll only be holding her back. She has been advancing too quickly. We'll disadvantage her. If any of the Universities nearby accepts her, then we could let her stay over weekends at the school to commune with her friends here, Jane and Malcolm, correct?" he turns to me at the end.

"Yes sir."

"I understand, but she's only nine, she needs people her own age," my mother argues and I cross my arms, frowning at the floor. Well, she knows how to bring a girl down right now, I think sarcastically. My own mother wants to hold me back.

"I understand and I emphasise with you, however, she is bored in class, and not only that, there have been reports that the children in different grades over the school have been bullying her. Her friends are supportive and we've tried our best to handle the bullies, but it hasn't helped much. She needs a place where she can grow, flourish intellectually, and it won't be here. As I've said Mrs Jackson, we'll let her stay here over weekends for 'playdates' so to speak," he argues.

He doesn't look too happy with my mother right now.

She rests her head in her hands for a second and says, "I knew this was coming. She's always been clever, it's...difficult to think that she's leaving school. I'm scared that she'll get hurt."

They spoke for another half hour, mostly my principle trying to convince my mother that I'll be fine.

My mother excused herself to go to the bathroom, and I was left alone with the principle for the next five minutes.

"Ms Jackson, everything will work out, you'll see," he encourages, seeing the disappointment running in my whole demeanour.

"Mom doesn't like the idea very much," I say.

"She'll get used to it," he says, "Is there any particular subject you want to pursue? A career you want to pursue?"

"I want to go to med school," I reply. I want to be a chiropractor, to finish what I started before I died.

"Alright," he says surprised, "any particular reason why?"

"I want to help people. I want to study to become a Chiropractor."

He frowns at my choice, "A chiropractor? Why?"

"I like cracking people's backs," I deadpan.

He snorts, "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh." I smile at him and before he could ask another question, my mom came back.

"Are you okay Rhea? With this whole thing?" she asks once she sat down.

"I'm actually very happy mom. This is happening a lot sooner than what I expected, but I can do this. I'll be the first...child on dad's side of the family to finish my schooling so young, and go to University at the same time," I reply.

We then discussed the procedures that we had to follow and the application forms I had to fill out.

Within days I got feedback from my principal that I was not only accepted at just about every University I applied for, but had a fully paid scholarship that includes housing. The only problem was a guardian to look after me. Mom was busy working. Gabe would be an asshole, and it would take too long to get to the University every day and back home.

"You're too young to be emancipated," my mother said.

"But I can take care of myself mom. Dad taught me to defend myself from any danger," I reply, stomping my foot.

"No, you can't go there alone," she says.

"What if I asked dad for help? What if Triton could stay with me?" I ask her.

"You know that is not allowed. The gods know of your existence and think you are Triton's daughter. If they find out that he is staying with you, not only you but your brother could also suffer severe consequences," she said.

"We can at least try mom, please," I plead.

Her shoulders sag, "fine, I'll contact your father."

I stayed with mom and Gabe, who was passed out on the couch, drunk as a skunk. The school allowed me to stay at home this week as we sort out the paperwork.

The next morning, mom and I headed to the beach, I asked dad the moment we stepped foot in the water to come and get us. It hasn't even been a week since I last saw him.

We walked deeper under the water and an air bubble appeared around the two of us, moving faster and faster and within ten minutes we were in Atlantis.

My father looked worried when he greeted us as we arrived.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but why are you here? Did something happen?" he asks.

My mother explained to him what my school said and the problem that came up with a guardian while I will be at university.

Once she finished, he rubs the back of his neck looking out of place for the mighty god of the seas.

"My little Rhea, I'm so proud of you," he says, giving me a hug.

"Thanks dad," I reply.

"I might have an idea. I'll speak to your aunt Hestia and Persephone," he says.

"Are you sure that's wise Poseidon?" my mother asks.

"I trust them," he says.

We had lunch with him and he zapped us back to the beach. Weirdest feeling ever. It's how Harry Potter describe apparition, but not as bad. Although we both smelled like the sea and I could taste salt on my lips.

Driving back to our apartment, I went straight to my room and started studying. I had to prepare for upcoming exams, my last exams from the school. It was the senior's exam. Once I get back to school I have to sit down and write those exams along with a University placement test.

I've been granted a scholarship at Colombia University and have been going through all the things they have to offer. I'm not so sure I want to be a chiropractor anymore. Just looking at their visual arts degree look amazing, even their Biological sciences look great. I'm thinking of a few different electives once I go. Maybe an Introduction to Psychology. I've never had so many options open to me before.

Fortunately for me I have an amazing mother who grounds me and helped me pick electives.

Gabe was being Gabe when mum told him about me. All he cared about was about me spending his(mom's) money.

I finished the exams and placement tests for the university and I passed with flying colours.

Mom and I celebrated with bubble-gum ice-cream and pancakes and then we got a surprise visit while Gabe was at work.

A knock sounded at the door, mom went to answer the door.

She gasps out, "Lady Hestia."

I rush to the door, "Aunt Hestia!" I greet with a smile. She appeared to be a young teenager.

"Hello Rhea, I hear you're in need of a home while studying. I believe I can help you " she says.

Hestia sat down in the kitchen with us and we spoke about everything that we needed to do. Mom and Hestia got along like butter and bread.

A/N: I'm super excited that you guys like my story. Every time I see the comments and likes, it makes my heart warm. Thank you.

I hope you like this chapter, I spent all day trying to write it. What do you think she should study if she gets to study?

What do you want to see happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 408 43
So, you've heard the story of Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, savior of Olympus. But I bet you haven't heard about me. You see I was always there hel...
55.8K 42 5
For the first time, Percy Jackson is enjoying life. Nothing could ruin his mood. Annabeth and he are dating and having a great time. He is on great t...
5.3K 229 17
So, my cousin deleted everything that I had. My A03 account, my wattpad account, and all of my stories on Fanfiction. I only have Fanfiction and Watt...
1.1M 46.4K 130
asphodel tran is like a perfectly still pool of water: calm, cool, with hidden depths underneath a smooth surface. as a daughter of thanatos, she wor...