The One That Got Away

By anonymousantonym1226

(Not Completed) Alanna always felt like she was out of place, she grew up with her mom in Ouray, Colorado. To... More

The Background
Beach Week
First Time in Forever
All in the Back of a Truck
Day Drunk Into the Night
Aggie, Go Away
Gone Fishing
Clear
Cheap Sunglasses and Tanlines
The Truth Comes Out
The Best Days Begin With You
Country Club Boys...
Finally Alone
Never Get Caught
The Compass
Close to Death
Redfield
More Awaits
The Time is Now
The Big Party
What is There to Talk About
Day Break
Somewhere on a Beach
I Swear...
Merchant
Gown Shopping?
Back to OBX Life...
This isn't Right
Midsummers
I Can't
You Just Gotta Keep on Keepin' on
Open your Eyes
Girls Day
We Did It
Right All Along
Roles Reversed
Little Trip Away
Promises are Forever
It's Gone
Runway
Escape
Triggers
I Need to
Falling Apart
I Still Do...
I Lost it All
The Wreck
Getting Better All the Time
Life Moves on

Date Night

553 8 0
By anonymousantonym1226

Rafe looks over the water on the sound side as he drives us to the steak house.

He looks so concentrated, nervous even. He's being very quiet since we left the shops. I wonder what he's thinking.

"Are you doing okay over there?" I question, placing my hand on his knee.

"Yeah babe, just thinking, hoping the rest of the night is good."

"I'm sure it will be. Thank you for everything so far today. I've had so much fun with you." I say.

"I've had fun too. It's like a little day vacation, away from life, in a way." He says.

"Kinda, yeah." I say.

He turns up the radio dial, and sings a long to the song on his playlist, bumping his hand on the steering wheel to the beat. He takes his ball cap off his head, and puts it on my head, backwards, singing to me.

"Summer of 19, you and me..."

My whole face lit up, and blushed a little. I can't help but have the biggest smile on my face.

I grab my phone when Rafe looks away and concentrates back on the road.

Snap: kie
Snap: john b
Snap: jj
Snap: court!!
Holy crap, everyone's snapping me today.

I open Courtney's first. I miss her so much already. I wish she could've came with me. I hope I get to see her again, that's my biggest fear, is that I won't.

"Who ya texting?" Rafe asks.

"My best friend, Courtney, from back in Colorado." I say, "I miss her so much. I hope I end up seeing her soon."

"I'm sure you guys will figure something out." He says, "I'm sure that's hard on both of you."

"It kinda sucks, but we're both doing things that make us happy, I'm proud of her."

"You're such a sweetheart." Rafe comments, as I open the chat.

court!! : holy shit! you already got a man? you haven't dated anyone since Joey! and he's hot? i'm so jealous! i miss you!!!! and ps. that bikini makes ya look hot!

Me: thanks b! yeah, he's really good. I like him a lot. i hope maybe you can meet him one day. i miss you so much! <3

"She called us hot." I say laughing, thinking of how she would've said it in my head. She always knew how to make me laugh.

"Maybe you." He smiles.

I start to open my snap from JJ, I wonder what he wants. I haven't talked to him since last night, when he tried to pull the drunk kiss.

I end up opening John B and Kie's first:

john b : It looks like you guys are having a good time, i miss ya already! be safe, and don't do anything I wouldn't do! love ya!

ME: john b, i don't think there's anything you wouldn't do 😂 but we're having fun. I miss you too!

-
kie: damn girl 🤩 you're looking good! nice bikini! did you buy that?

ME: thanks kie! rafe bought it for me!
-

Alright, I guess i'll open JJ's...

jj: Hey, i don't remember anything that happened last night, but John B told me that you were kinda upset this morning. Whatever I did or said, i'm sorry. You look like you're having fun. the bikini is fucking awesome. Sorry i've been such a dick recently. You're a good friend Lanna. I should be happy for you.

ME: hey. we'll talk tomorrow. don't worry about it, and thank you

JJ is Typing...

JJ: Oh shit, mama's mad... I'll leave you alone to have a good time with your dude.

ME: I'm not mad, little annoyed. you would know if i was mad.

JJ: I'm sure I would.

-

"Alright babe, we're here!" Rafe says, as I look up from my phone.

"Woah, this place is nice." I say, looking at the fancy patio, and decor.

"You wanna sit outside?" He asks.

"Sure!" I say, getting out.

He grabs my hand, and walks me to the door. Once we reach the tinted glass doors, Rafe holds it open, and motions his arm for me to go in.

"Thank you kind sir." I say, bowing as a joke.

"You're welcome princess." He says.

I walk in, and there's a ton of people already eating, here comes the social anxiety...

"Hi, how many?" The hostess asks me.

Before I could say anything, Rafe just straight up talks to the girl, without thinking about it.

"Table for 2 on the patio, please"

"Of course!" The hostess says, "follow me!"

She grabs us two menus and starts walking to the back door, leading outside.

"So how's your day, miss?" Rafe asks her, being polite.

I wish I had the confidence to talk like he does. I would kill for that skill.

"Pretty good, how about you two?" She asks.

"It's been a fun day so far!" Rafe answers.

The hostess walks out the door, and shows us to our table.

"Here you guys go, enjoy!" She says.

"Thank you!" Rafe and I both say.

"Well thank you for being my voice when I can't talk." I say blushing.

"I talk to everyone, It just blurts out of me."

"I wish I had that problem..." I say, looking away.

"You're fine just the way you are Alanna." He says, glancing at the menu.

"What were you getting?" I ask.

"Either a T-Bone or a Ribeye." He says.

"Ooh- a ribeye sounds so good." I say.

"Get it then babe, get whatever you want!"

"Hi, could I get y'all started with something to drink?" Our waitress asks, approaching the table.

"Sure, i'll get a pepsi." Rafe responds.

"I'll have a sweet tea." I say.

"Alrighty, Ill be right back!" The waitress says.

"Awe, that's cute." Rafe says looking at me.

"What?" I question.

"You drink sweet tea, that's so cute. You're like a- what are they called- southern belle or something like that?"

"That's what they're called, but sweet tea doesn't make you southern." I say laughing.

"I'm getting the T-Bone with mashed potatoes and the cheesy broccoli, highly recommended that." Rafe says, looking down at the menu.

"I'm going to get a ribeye with mac n cheese and one of the fruit cup things." I say.

"That sounds good too." He says, as the waitress sets our drinks down.

"Are you guys all set to order?" She asks.

"I think so." Rafe says, repeating off his order to her.
After he's done, I do the same.

"How would you like the steak?" She asks me.

"Medium rare please."

"Coming right up guys!" She says, walking away.

"Okay, do you want to know our plans for later? Or do you want to keep it a surprise?" Rafe asks me, sipping his drink.

"Oh tell me." I say.

"Okay, I wanted to wait until everyone was asleep at my house, and then, we take off to the backyard, and go night swimming in our pool, then we can get in the hot tub together. My dad just got it a couple weeks ago, then, I wanted to try to sneak into one of Roses new houses she's selling, so we can have a house all to ourselves. What do you think?"

"Risky, but sounds so fun." I say smiling.

"I'm just glad you want to go with it, I was thinking you'd want to go home tonight."

"Nope, I'm spending the whole 24 hours with you." I say, grabbing his hand.
—-

We finally get our food, and we both sit and chat, while enjoying our steaks. Everything about this place was awesome. Today has been one of the best I've had in a long time. I really needed a day like this, just to chill, and get away.

I start to stack our plates, and throw the silverware i the cups that I stacked as well.

"Why are you cleaning everything up?" He asks.

"I used to waitress, this really helps them when they're cleaning and all. I know I would appreciate it if someone did it for me."

"That's really sweet of you to do. No one ever cleans for them, so i'm sure that'll make her day."He says.

"Here's your check, you guys have a wonderful rest of your night if I don't see you before you all leave!"

"Thank you!" I say, grabbing the check.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Rafe asks.

"Looking." I say, opening the little booklet to check the price, "Damn, that's a little on the expensive side."

"It's okay." He says, "I've got enough money."

The bill was almost $100, for two people? that's ridiculous. I'm sure the people who work here get impressive tips. I should work here!

Rafe pulls out $150 and puts it in the pocket and leaves it on the table.

"You're tipping her $50?" I ask, "That's so sweet of you!"

"Yeah, I know tips are really how they get their money, so I always tip big."

"I'm going to let her know before we leave to keep the change." I say, "That way she goes and looks!"

I get up and walk over to our waitress with Rafe, and wait for her to finish talking to her friend.

"Hey, did you guys need anything else?" She asks.

"No ma'am, I just wanted to let you know to keep the change when you cash us out. Have a great night!" I say, waving goodbye.

"Thank you guys!" She says, smiling.

Rafe and I walk back to the truck and hop in. I honestly can't wait for tonight, but I don't know how I'm going to bring up the fight at the beach yesterday with John B and Topper, but I need to get my feelings out about it.

"What are you thinking about babe?" He asks, backing the truck up.

"Nothing, just taking the day in I guess." I say.

"You wanna play some music?" He asks, handing me the aux cord.

"Sure."

I find my country playlist and press shuffle play, hope he likes my kind of country.

He rolls our windows down, and drives us back to his house. The sun starts to sink under the ocean water.

"It's already sunset? The day went by so quick." He says.

"Because we were having fun!" I say.

"It's always fun with you babe." He says.

I grab his hand, and hold it tight. I never thought I would love someone like I love Rafe again.

He pulls in the driveway, as the sky turns dark. I notice the lights on in the house.

"Let's go to my room. We can wait for everyone to go to sleep and watch some TV together. Then we can go to the hot tub."

"That sounds good."

We walk in the house, and it seems like everyone is already in their rooms. These people must go to sleep early, it's only 7:30...

"My room is upstairs, and I got a big 72 Inch TV, so we can watch whatever."

"You want to watch a funny movie?" I ask.

"Anything you want, I got a lot of movies I've bought."

"Okay, what about grownups or something? That always makes me laugh."

"Yeah that sounds awesome!" He says.

He shows me to his room. It's so big, like this was the size of my living room, and kitchen together back in Colorado.

"You're room is so roomy." I say giggling, looking at all his posters and decor.

"well thanks." He says, flopping down on the bed.

"Boy take your shoes off, you're going to get the bed all dirty!" I say joking.

"Yes ma'am!" He says smiling, shaking his head.

"Well don't you want to put something comfy on anyways, we might be here a while." I say smiling.

"Do you want a t-shirt or something to wear too?" He asks.

"Do you have a sweatshirt? I'm kinda cold."

"Cold? It's blazing hot in this house." He says smiling.

"Yeah...I'm always kinda cold." I laugh.

"Here weirdo." He says smiling, throwing a Northface hoodie at me.

"Thanks babe."

I immediately take my dress off, I loved it but I hate wearing dresses. It's just not me. I'm so much more comfortable in my t-shirt's and jeans.

"Woah okay, I liked that a lot." He says, "Kinda sad though, when I saw you in that dress I couldn't wait to take it off you."

"Here we go..." I say, the hoodie on, "This sweatshirt is so fuzzy!" I wrap my arms together, and feel the warmth. It's almost like a dress on me, reaching midway down my thighs.

"If you really like it that much, you can keep it. I have a million other ones."

"It smells like your cologne." I say.

I hop under the gray comforter on his bed and wait for him. He puts on some shorts and a tank top.

"Grownups? one or two?" He asks, getting under the covers.

"I don't care, either one." I say, resting my head on his chest, "I honestly might fall asleep right here."

"Don't sleep yet, I want to see that yellow bikini on you one more time." He says, looking down at me.

"I guess you can..." I say rolling my eyes.

He turns the TV on, and quickly finds the Grown Ups movie and presses play. I wrap my arm around him, and listen to his heart beat. It sounds just like music.

He rubs my back, slowly, moving his hand lower and lower down my back. His hands are so gentle, and graceful. It's like he knows what to do all the time. He knows just what gets me, and my heart. I didn't think it was possible to fall harder for him, but I did today. He knows the right things to say, and he loves me for me. I could never ask for more than that.

I just hope if I give him my whole heart, he doesn't break it- Like everyone else has.

I don't think I could take it.

I can't even concentrate on the movie. That's how distracted he makes me.

I feel him look down, and kiss my forehead, which make the butterflies in my stomach fly higher.

I hear him start to bust out laughing, so I laugh with him, not even knowing what he finds funny, I'm still trying so hard to watch this movie.

His laugh is so adorable!!!!

Who knew i'd ever be so in love with a rich mans son...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 8.4K 39
-𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 ᡗᡒᡖᡖᡉʳ ᡗʰᡒʳⁿᡗᡒⁿ, ʲᡒʰⁿ ᡇ "π™Žπ™π™š'𝙨 π™œπ™€π™© π™¨π™–π™‘π™©π™¬π™–π™©π™šπ™§ π™žπ™£ π™π™šπ™§ π™«π™šπ™žπ™£π™¨...
1.3K 24 23
Since her mother's passing she felt alone and drifting against the tide. But he made her feel grounded. A fight between addiction and love, she wan...
341K 4.9K 43
Ivy King Rutherford comes from a wealthy family that live on the mainland of North Carolina. Spending her summers in the Outer Banks wouldn't be so b...
4.6K 90 28
Start Date: 8th March 2023 End Date: 12th April 2023 Ashley, a British 17-year-old has just moved to the Outer Banks. She develops a strange relation...