Battle of Hearts

By purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... More

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 26- The Best

5.5K 243 17
By purplebeach

Girls usually wait for prom. That's most awaited event of their high school life. But for Ally that event would be a date with Jake. Well, technically it wasn't a date.Although she was assuming it was. She was being too optimistic about it. So when he called her a day later, she was on cloud nine. That phone call proved she wasn't dreaming it. Again.

"So… The party starts at 8 on 23rd. Is that okay?" He had asked.

"Absolutely perfect." She said. The hope of going on a date was bubbling inside.

"Well… Umm… Do you want me to pick you?"

"Sure."  She answered too quickly.

"Haha… Then… I'll come at eight. Be ready and text me your address." He said.

"Okay. See you." They hung up and she couldn't believe that she was actually going out with her crush.That night she literally slept with a smile on her face.

She had imagined the date thousand times before. Although she was wishing they would go out to a quiet place instead of a noisy high school party, she felt lucky just to spend some time with him.

As the 23rd of December arrived, she strolled around her house with a bounce in her steps. Her mother was going to see a sick relative that night and her father was, as always, busy with work. So she was clear on telling about it to her parents. She would probably be home by the time they are back.

The clock crawled to hit seven and she walked to her room. Opening her closet she stared at the pile of clothes. She didn't have any dresses except an old one which her mother forcibly made her buy last year. Even if she had one she wouldn't wear it because she didn't want to spend her night worrying about if it's covering her properly. Her attention for that night was only for Jake. After an excruciating thirty minutes she chose a purple top with a brown leather jacket and her plain blue jeans. She applied a bit of lip gloss and mascara. If it was a normal date she wouldn't even bother but it was a date with Jake he deserved a little effort from Ally.

She put on her brown boots and looked at the clock. It was quarter past seven. She marched downstairs and sat on the couch scrolling through her phone. She saw a text from Cameron. It was delivered at seven when she was occupied with dressing up.

Good luck with Jake today. :-) - C

She read it and felt a smile coming on her cheeks. She was confused about him, but this text contradicted her opinions.

Thank you. :-) - A

She shoved her phone in her pocket at the sound of a car stopping outside her house. She looked out the window to confirm it was him. It was indeed him.

She moved out and locked the door putting the keys in her pocket. With a smile she walked to his car and sat on the passenger seat.

"Hey. You look nice." He said. She wasn't feeling the winter anymore because her cheeks had become so warm.

"Thank you. You look handsome too." As always he was perfectly dressed. His hair were looking smooth and silky falling rightly on his forehead. He wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket and dark washed jeans. A beautiful smile was drawn on his face.

"Thanks. So are you ready?" He asked starting the car.

"Never been this ready." She said confidently but in reality her heart was beating like crazy thinking about the possible consequences of the night.

The rest of the ride was fairly quiet. She did glance at him a few times just to make sure that it wasn't a dream.

They reached the party."This is it?" She asked. Nathan Samuels' house was at walking distance from her house.

He laughed quietly and it was cutest sound she had heard all day."I'm pretty sure it is."

They exited the car and entered inside the house. She felt his hand on her lower back as he guided her inside. When they had reached a suitable place which wasn't too crowded he asked,"Do you want anything to drink?"

"A coke would be good." She replied. He nodded and disappeared into the crowd.

Then the reality of the situation hit her; she was on a date. With Jake. The possible negative consequences scared the shit out of her . What if she said something really stupid and he doesn't ever talk to her again? Or she spills food on herself? That could be possible seeing how frequently she does that.

She was getting cold feet at the eleventh hour. Her breathing was erratic and she was constantly rubbing her hands on her jeans. She noticed he was nowhere to be seen and saw it as the perfect opportunity to grab a hard drink. She really needed it.

She took three beer cups from nearby table and gulped it at once. The bitter cold beer warmed her throat and gave her an unusual poise. She perked up and turned around to see Jake with two cans of coke looking around for her.

Instantly she was beside him,"Hey. I was looking for you." She said.

"Oh well there's a lot of people." He replicated her smile giving her one can.

"Cheers." She touched her can with his and took a sip. They were peacefully standing in a corner observing people. Her cold drink was almost over and she was tightly clutching her can searching for something to talk about. "So do you dance?" She asked signalling towards the dancing teenagers.

"Yeah. But in the bathroom." He said making her laugh.

"Just imagine you're in the bathroom." She replied she set down the empty can and moved towards the dance floor. She turned around to glance at him,"Come on, Jake."

He amusingly shook his head and walked to her when she had already took a spot between the crowd. "Remember this when I embarrass you in front of all this people- You made me do this."

"Feel the music." She swung her head lightly from side to side copying the motions of her arms to an upbeat track that was playing. He seemed to hesitate at first but he loosened up eventually.

"Woah. Yeah. Shake those hips." She commanded and they laughed shaking their hips from side to side. The beer had definitely given her the confidence she needed. While dancing she hoped some slow track to come up so that they can get close.

It took two songs and infinite prayers for her wish to come true. "All Of Me" by John Legend started playing. It was a remix version but nonetheless people howled. She looked at Jake with a nervous smile. He returned it and scratched the back of his neck. Suddenly they were brought together when a boy pushed Ally from behind.

They were so close she could see his dark eyes looking directly into her. "May I?" He asked extending his hand towards her. She chuckled at his gentlemen ways but took his hand anyway.

He pulled her close to him so that his head was against her ear; his hand draping her waist. She put her hand on his back and clutched his with the other. She fought the urge to tug her fingers in his hair and kiss the life out of him. He was just so adorable. She breathed.And she couldn't believe she was actually dancing with him to the most romantic track of the year.

"Can I just say how lovely you look today?" He lightly said in her ear. She could faint right in his arms at that moment.

"Really? I don't usually dress up." She murmured gathering her confidence.

"Yeah. I've seen you don't wear make-up in school like other girls."

"I don't like it. But I had to look good today." She said.

"You do." He said in a husky voice. She sustained her urge to kiss him. Yet again.

"Thank you." The song went on and they kept dancing. At one point she accidentally steped on his foot for which they shared a good laugh.

"Ally, Rebecca's here." He suddenly stopped moving and pulled her towards away from the dance floor. She watched Rebecca going upstairs with her group.

"What? Are you scared?" She laughed bitterly afraid of his answer.

"No. It's just difficult to see her." He said rubbing his temples. His face fell and she could see he had changed into the old Jake who had been depressed and dejected.

She rubbed his arms to comfort him,"I'm sorry. We should go outside."

It seemed like he had lost voluntary movement. He simply followed Ally outside staring at the floor.She took his hand and made him sit on a lawn bench.Determined she turned to him and said,"Look you need to forget her. All she has done is to hurt you. Come on Jake she doesn't give a fuck about people's feelings… And emotions." She said feeling angry as she recalled the times she was the target of Rebecca's ruthlessness.

"You don't even know what she did to me…" She trailed off moving away from him.

"Wh-What did she do to you?" He asked.

She was reluctant to tell him because she didn't want his sympathy. But she thought against it. He should know how much shit she tolerated for him; how many times she avoided Rebecca's actions. Only because she liked him so much."She… uhh… she threatened me to stay away from you." Ally started telling him from the beginning. She didn't forget to mention what happened to her in that dark room.

He intently listened to her occasionally squeezing his grip. She felt relieved after telling him the whole story."I-I'm so sorry Ally you had to go through this because of me." He said gazing at their hands joined together.

She tapped her other palm on his hand reassuringly. "No it's not your fault. It's her fault. She did this to keep me away from you."

He sighed and looked up to meet her eyes. His face was dull and his eyes were distant. He asked,"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was scared you wouldn't believe me."

His right hand went on her left cheek lightly pressing it,"Oh of course I believe you." He looked into her eyes searchingly and she kind of lost herself in his eyes. Everything she did or say after that were not in her control.

"But why would you do this for me?" She heard him asking.

She didn't understand was it the cozy atmosphere around them or was she tired of the game that made her say it,"Because I like you… I like you Jake." Two years of built up feelings inside her had finally released. She added passionately. "I always have."

He didn't look shocked; his face was void of any emotion. Completely blank. She wondered for a moment if she did the right thing.

But her thoughts were left dangling as he pulled her lips to his. His moved shocked her momentarily but she gave in. She didn't care about anything else at that moment; her lips were passionately moving along his.

His warm hands were cupping her face while she was holding his neck for support. Her whole body went wobbly merely at the touch of his soft lips.She smiled into the kiss hearing a deep groan as he tilted his head.He was holding her so well she wanted to stay like this forever; In his arms she felt right.

It was the best kiss of her seventeen year old life. Everything she had imagined was coming true. But they had to stop for breathing, that was the toughest thing she did- moving away from his lips. He retreated his hands and opened his eyes.

"Wow." They both muttered simultaneously. Laughing, she tried to control her breathing and her heart rate which she was sure was crazy.

She stayed silent for awhile unable to form proper English words. She was feeling nervous and so hot. The temperature around them had definitely notched up a few degrees. She took a glimpse of him immersed in deep thought.

Suddenly he stood in front of her and declared,"Ally, you stay here and I'm going to talk to Rebecaa about this. She had no right to torment you." His hands were on his hips. He looked angry and ready to shout at someone.

"Is that necessary?" She asked him coyly. She wanted to spend more time with him and preferably kiss him again.

"Yes. I want to know what is her problem." He said.He noticed something in her eyes and added,"It would take only five minutes. Then we've got the whole night to talk." He shrugged. And she let him go desperately hoping he would come back soon.

When he went she realized she was smiling uncontrollably. The guy had put a magic spell on her. It was unbelievable but it actually happened. She was blown away. She sat there on a bench in the freezing temperature for an infinity. Was love supposed to feel like this? Then she wanted to feel it more. She was scared and giddy at the same time.

A laugh escaped her lips as she thought more about it.

Jake was worth taking the risk. She smiled at the thought of him. He was perfect for her; she wished she was perfect for him.

More than fifteen minutes had passed since he had left and she was starting to get worried about him. Rebecca would have been shooting words at him. She wasn't the type to let go easily. The only thing that was stopping Jake was Rebecca and Ally knew how to tackle her.She got up and entered the house again convinced she would save Jake from his crazy ex-girlfriend. She asked around about Rebecca but no one had seen her for a long time.

She went to the kitchen and straight to the drinks area. If she had to fight for her love she would need some fake strength. She took a beer bottle and twirled the liquid inside. She saw a girl standing next to her. Hoping to know about the whereabouts of Rebecca she asked the same question to her.

"Yeah. She's right over there up against the wall." She indicated to the room beside the kitchen. Ally turned around to see a view that broke everything inside her.

There he was her perfect guy making out with his ex. 

--
A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! hope you get everything you wish for and br happy always! Thank you so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.8K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
29.3K 1.6K 33
Luke Adams wasn't interested in the Kissing Game until his crush, Ella Baker, says she'll only date the guy who wins the game. But no one will pass h...
1.7M 6.6K 2
Love is fragile. [A Wattpad Featured Story] Copyright © 2015 by Emily Slough. All Rights Reserved. ROM | 29
349K 10.4K 36
It all started with seven words. It wasn't a question or much of a choice, but a statement. "I need you to be my girlfriend." Ryan Gonzalez didn't th...