love letter || j.jk x reader

By hoblivious

Falling for college's hearthrob Hoseok, you decide to write him a love letter. However, the plan goes wrong w... More

part one
01 | Dear Hoseok, I love you
02 | messy hair and unbuttoned shirt
03 | Hoseok is standing right in front of you
04 | You know I know
05 | I love helping people anyway
06 | her big heart had enough room for more boys
07 | He had her at hello anywa
08 | You're a friend of Y/n, right?
09 | "Don't tell me you fell for me?"
10 | She still couldn't believe how similar they were
11 | Could you get any cooler?
12 | Creepy, yes, but still cute
13 | He's one of the kindest person ever
14 | forget about the stupid boy
15 | getting to know each other
16 | So you know how I feel
part two
17 | she found love already
18 | does he remember me?
19 | pure joy and euphoria
20 | how much I missed him
22 | perhaps it was time to confess
23 | I wanted it to last forever
24 | I wish you could see yourself through my eyes right now
25 | your screams told me otherwise
26 | "We're in love"
27 | "Let's do it"
28 | the warmth of Jungkook's house
29 | Guilt and regrets
30 | she loved Jungkook
epilogue - love letter

21 | crying over a man

2K 112 23
By hoblivious

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

Y/n's mind was pretty much invaded by Jungkook. She couldn't focus at work, constantly replaying flashbacks of the sudden reunion.

"Y/n!" Jin clapped his hands, suddenly barging into his friend's office. "What do you think of my suit?"

The (h/c)-haired woman pursed her lips, taking a minute to observe her friend's professional attire.

"Maybe orange is too much."

"Orange? Too much?" he gasped. "I want to stand out, Y/n!"

"Is that necessary?"

Jin frowned. "Of course it is! You know I like it when people notice me."

"You're easy on the eye. I think that's enough for you to get noticed."

An arrogant smile crept up his face. "I like the sound of it. Please, compliment me more."

"Piss off. I'm trying to work!"

"My my, disrespecting your boss?"

"I wouldn't call you my boss."

"Alright, what's wrong?" The (h/c)-haired woman cocked an eyebrow, silently questioning her friend. "You seem to be in a bad mood. Tell me what is wrong."

"I'm fine." Her disdainful eyeroll caused the man to groan in frustration.

"Is it about your ex again?"

Y/n rolled her eyes, strongly shaking her head from left to right. "It's not." She sighed to herself. "I saw an old friend a few days ago, and it makes me nostalgic."

"Oh." Now that his friend had managed to pique his interest, Jin sat on the edge of the desk. "Tell me more."

"I don't what to say... We used to be friends back in college, but bad circumstances led us to part ways." She spoke in a quiet, soothing tone. "I'd rather not talk about it now; I really don't want to think about it."

Jin did not insist. "We will talk about it during lunch. For now, try to hurry. You're unusually slow," he pointed at the manuscript sitting on the desk before leaving the office room.

Y/n sighed to herself, allowing her head to fall on the chair's backrest. It was a quarter past ten, and she hadn't been able to focus on her work until now. Her main task for the day was to correct a promising manuscript written by a native German woman who moved to South Korea three years ago. Out of three hundred and sixty-four pages, only nine were done.

"It's going to be a long day..." she sighed to herself.

During lunch, Y/n opened up to her friend and explained to him what was troubling her. After a long conversation, both came to the conclusion that she should wait and see what would happen on the wedding day. Perhaps Jungkook was not interested in her anymore; which was plausible considering they hadn't spoken in five years.

At the end of the day, Y/n returned home. Rapmon welcomed her, happily barking due to the arrival of his beloved owner. Too lazy to cook, she ordered some (favorite food) and ate with her dog, watching TV. When she was done with dinner, she cleared up the coffee table. Since she had been particularly inefficient at work, Y/n decided to catch up after a relaxing shower. Thus, she sat comfortably on the bed with her laptop on.

Eyes narrowed, the (h/c)-haired woman was busy scanning the manuscript when a loud sound came from the laptop. Surprised, she glanced at the screen. It was an incoming video call emitted by Hoseok.

Heart beating fast, Y/n sucked in a deep breath to keep herself from gasping out of shock. She hesitated at first, wondering why she should pick up the call when he chose to break up. But then, curiosity got the best of her.

With trembling hands, she clicked on the green button. Right away, Hoseok's luminous face appeared across her screen. "Hello?" she said.

The man was sitting in a quiet place, probably a hotel room. He looked as bright as usual, except for the sad glimpse in his eyes.

He broke into a sad smile. "Hey... Are you busy?"

Y/n sighed. "Yes. What do you need?"

After being dumped at the airport like garbage, she had no reason to be nice. On the contrary, Hoseok expected her to lash out.

"How are you?" His sweet, comforting voice was a pain. Y/n used to love it, but now, she couldn't bear it.

"Don't do that."

Hoseok pursed his lips, seized by great guilt. "I just wanted to know if you were okay. I'm sorry about-"

The woman clicked her tongue. "Look, I really don't want to talk to you."

The pained smile never left his heart-shaped lips. "I understand." he nodded "I just wanted to apologize and make sure you were fine."

"I am."

The former couple fell silent, both adverting looking elsewhere. Y/n's lips were quivering as she fought the urge to cry. The sudden call reminded her of how Hoseok used to treat her, loved her, made her feel like the luckiest woman on Earth. All of that became nothing but painful memories she wished she could erase.

"I—I will hang up then." Hoseok broke the silence "Take care, Y/n."That night, Y/n spent the day night crying over a man she was now certain she did not love anymore.

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

『 READER'S POINT OF VIEW

"You haven't found a plus one yet?" Jihyo exclaimed, gaping at me in shock.

I rolled my eyes, well-aware that it was not a big deal. "Sun will be my plus one. We already told you that."

"Right." The short woman picked a purple scarf, taking a close look at it. "Cute, isn't it? You can tie it around the wrist; the color matches the bridesmaids' dresses!"

"It does." I nodded in agreement. "What about your sister?"

She gave me the scarf so I could try it on. "Same old! She had a fight with her boyfriend, so she's not sure whether he'll come or not."

Yeojon and her boyfriend basically had an on-and-off relationship; most of their fights were caused by jealousy and miscommunication.

"I think we should buy the scarf." I said. "I'll call the girls and tell them. How about you ask the saleswoman if they have more pieces left? We need five."

Jihyo and I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for the wedding. I was getting more and more excited, whereas she was consumed by stress. I believed she would have a nice wedding, most definitely because Jimin and she worked hard for that day to be special. Through their blood, sweat, and tears, they would succeed and have a beautiful wedding. I had no doubt.

It was seven o'clock by the time we reached Jihyo's place. Before I could go home, she insisted that I stay a little to drink some tea and chat.

In a heavy, loud, and exaggerated sigh, Jihyo flopped onto the couch. "God! Can't wait for the preparations to be done; I just want to get married and rest!"

I took a sip of the hot liquid. "Time flies!" I exclaimed, realizing there wasn't more than a week left before the day. "I still can't believe you're the first one to get married!"

She chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows to show off. "What can I say? I'm lucky." I nodded. "I would've bet on you first though, or Hana."

"Hana?" I frowned.

"Yeah! Bibha snatched her heart so easily; it was impressive. I thought she was going to propose on their second date!"

An amused smile crept up my face as I pictured both of our friends hugging. "She deserves happiness."

Jihyo addressed me a sympathetic smile as if she had read my mind. "You do too." We both smiled. "Did he try to reach out to you again?" I shook my head no. "Good. You don't need him anyway! Now that Jungkook is back, he would only be a nuisance."

My first reaction was to bite my lips to prevent my mouth from letting escape something stupid. Jihyo took my silence as an encouragement to say more.

"Look, I'm just looking out for you. I want you to be happy, and my romantic self roots for Jungkook and you; you're made for each other!"

"A happy ending?" I frowned. "There's nothing to say about us. Anyway, since when are you interested in Jungkook's love life?"

Jihyo made a face, looking at me as if I had asked the stupidest question ever.

"Since the both of you are mature enough to discuss your feelings and figure a—"

I interrupted her. "Hold on, Cupid. What's that? My feelings for Jungkook are long gone. Should I remind you I've been with Hoseok for the past five years?"

With an eyeroll, the brown-haired woman gestured for me to shut up. "I don't care about him. Jungkook is back in our lives whether you like it or not! And I'd be a fool not to notice how delighted you were when you saw him."

I wasn't sure why I had denied my feelings for the man. Jihyo knew me too well; it was pretty obvious she saw right through me. However, I was unable to voice what I felt just yet.

"I don't like him." I said, lying without an ounce of guilt. "I'm better off without a man."

✭☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 176 21
In which a single father (Yoongi) goes through hell just to get his life back on track - and a heartthrob student (Jungkook) thinks he can just waltz...
2M 102K 92
when yoongi can't help but fall for the fanboy who is constantly blocking him.
6.3K 370 7
π“π–πŽ ππ„πŽππ‹π„ 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄 πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–πŽπ‘π‹πƒ ❝𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 π₯𝐒𝐯𝐞.❞ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ DISCONTINUED Jeon Jungkook; Angst; Romance Β©...
133 8 3
A story about the burden of falling in love, when that love wasn't meant to be yours in the first place