Book Two: Aquiver (A. Saltzma...

By Lone-wolf-fanfics

After the events of Panacea, Diana must come to terms with the identity of her stalker, X, the arrival of Kat... More

Diana Gilbert
Series
Changes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Question
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One

Powers, Abilities, Weaknesses, and Belongings

2K 64 0
By Lone-wolf-fanfics

Powers and Abilities:

As a human with diluted siren, demigoddess, and demon blood, Diana possesses a number of supernatural powers, but her role as a skilled fighter also means that she possesses many valuable abilities that offer her many advantages during her time in the supernatural world.

Powers:

Telepathy: Diana's siren and demon blood grant her the ability of telepathy that manifested when she reached puberty. Diana has the ability to enter the minds of others. Initially, Diana heard voices all the time but has since learned how to block them out unless she chooses to hear them, when she does she explains that it's like standing in a room full of people and they're all yelling at her.

- Telepathic Resistance: Diana has the ability to resist the telepathic intrusion and compulsion of others.

- Pain Inducement: Diana has the ability to project psionic forces from her mind powerful enough to cause both physical and mental harm to her desired targets. This seems to be a subconscious thing as it has only occurred when she is sufficiently angry or scared of an individual.

- Telepathic Zoolingualism: She can communicate with wild animals through her telepathy.

Vibration Manipulation: Diana has the ability to manipulate and enhance vibrations which can produce effects such as earthquakes and shockwaves.

According to Crowley and Artemis, Diana is able to sense and tap into the vibrations energy of everything around her. Her powers are connected to her heart rate, and as a negative result, she can lose control of her powers whenever her heartbeat increases during stressful situations. Diana's body is able to withstand enhancing and releasing intense vibrational waves, however attempting to forcefully internalize or hold back her powers will put an excessive strain on her body and may lead to internal injuries like ruptured veins, hairline bone fractures, or other severe consequences.

When focused, her abilities extend to the point that she can create both force barriers and powerful concussive waves of sheer force.

Since sound is the vibration of air molecules, Diana is acute to sounds that other people can not hear.

- Concussive Blasts: Perhaps her favorite technique, Diana is able to generate and focus powerful concussive waves of vibrating air in the form of directed concussive blasts at her enemies. The effects of her blasts can vary from being weak enough to only knock opponents into walls and shatter windows, to strong enough to destroy massive areas of concrete roads, send cars flying, knock back a grenade fired from a grenade launcher, destroy a portion of a hospital floor, and push a jet into the sea. Diana can also use her blasts in a battle to block blows.

- Vibration Absorption: Diana is also capable of absorbing vibrations but can only hold them so so long and must release them or she risks causing irreparable damage to herself.

- Disintegration: Diana can cause molecules to vibrate violently enough that the bonds between them are destroyed, causing whatever she is using her powers on, to disintegrate into the atmosphere.

Aquatic Respiration: Diana appears to have some form of underwater adaptation as she is capable of holding her breath far longer than humanly possible.

Accelerated Healing: Diana is able to regenerate from damage sustained to her body. Whilst not as fast as the vampires and werewolves, Diana's healing is significantly faster than humans. Diana is capable of healing large cuts and bruises within hours and fatal gunshot wounds and fractures within several days. Diana's injuries can heal rapidly but still leave scar tissue. it's unknown why. It also takes a lot for Diana to become intoxicated by alcohol, drugs, toxins, or impurities.

Peak Human Condition: Diana's bodily functions are pushed to the pinnacle of human conditioning; therefore, Diana's strength, speed, stamina, senses, agility, reflexes, durability, intelligence, healing time, flexibility and combat skills are near enhanced.

Peak Human Strength: Whilst not as strong as the werewolves or the vampires, Diana does possess strength superior over normal members of the human race. She would be able to surpass feats of any Olympic class weightlifter, allowing her to lift objects on her own that would normally require multiple people. With some effort, she can break thin chains or steel cuffs, bend metal bars, and break down doors and walls with a single strike.

Peak Human Agility: Diana's agility is superior to Olympic-level athletes and other highly trained professionals in the field of gymnastics and acrobatics. Diana's agility is much better than the likes of an ordinary human, She possesses perfect flexibility, balance, and bodily coordination. She is able to move flawlessly.

Peak Human Speed: Diana's speed is faster than Olympic class runners. She can run up to 30 mph (48 kph) - 39 mph (62 kph) level and swim at 12-15 knots. With this sort of speed, one could catch-up to or outrun moving vehicles, are likely to always be first in running-races and have great reaction time. Diana's speed is at the highest limit of human potential.

Peak Human Senses: Diana's five senses (hearing, smell, taste, touch, and vision) are pushed to the highest limits of human perfection. Individuals with this ability are capable of seeing further and in the dark better, acutely touching ink on a page, hearing small sounds, having a smell capability similar to an animal's, and tasting more accurately than normal members of their species.

Peak Human Durability: Diana has a higher-level of denser/tougher bones and muscles than the average person; her durability is at the peak of human conditioning, which entails that she is capable of withstanding situations that the average person cannot.

For example, she can take getting beaten by a thick wooden baseball bat and it would break, falling a couple of stories from a building like 50-100 ft, getting shot in non-fatal areas of the physical body, survive an entire building collapse, and possibly be able to withstand beatings from superhumans.

Enhanced Hunting: Diana is an unrivaled master of hunting and tracking, having the same advanced hunting powers her great great grandmother, Artemis has.

Animal Authority: Whilst not as powerful a gift as Artemis has, Diana has some level of skill over animal authority, she does not have control over an animal but can simply ask wild animals for help.

Pyrokinesis: When angry, it has been observed that fires break out around Diana, this was seen more so in Greece when Artemis would purposely push her emotions. She hasn't shown this ability in any other situation, and it doesn't seem to be conscious. This could also be attributed to Diana's demon heritage and might be a sign that her anger makes it easier for that side of her to manifest.

Demon Powers

These powers only manifest when her demon soul had been released from her crystal, her telepathy and telekinesis is vastly strengthened ass well.

Possession: Demon!Diana basically possesses her own body, implying she has the ability to possess other bodies and take control of them, this can be seen with Eva.

Astral Perception: As a demon, Diana's senses are heightened and expanded. She is able to detect when other supernatural beings are.

Self-Resurrection: If Diana was to die, and then her crystal shattered allowing the demon shards free, then these shards would be capable of resurrecting Diana's mortally wounded body, no matter how long she had been dead.

Electromagnetic Interference: Demon!Diana's presence causes interference with security cameras.

Uncontrollable Bloodlust: As a demon, her bloodlust is very high as slaughtering people provides her with mental and emotional satisfaction.

Almost Immortality: When the demon shards are in charge of her body, Diana becomes virtually immortal, though she can still be affected by demon weaknesses.

Telepathy: Demon!Diana still has the ability to read, communicate with, and control other people's minds but has added extensions of those powers including:

- Illusion Projection: Diana has the ability to project realistic illusions through telepathic means, able to simulate invisibility for herself and other people.

- Telepathic Localization: Demon!Diana is capable of using her telepathy to locate anyone she wants, unless they are hidden by hex bags.

- Astral Projection: Diana is able to project her consciousness into the Astral Plane, where a psionic's powers are able to affect the physical world there.

- Mental Healing: Diana has exhibited the ability to heal another's psychological trauma.

- Memory Manipulation: Diana has displayed the ability to peruse into the deepest depths of another's mind to extract and manipulate their memories.

- Mind Compulsion: Diana can control and influence the thoughts, emotions, behavior, actions and memories of humans, non-original vampires and non-original werewolf-vampire hybrids.

- Dream Manipulation: Diana can create, shape, enter and manipulate the dreams of herself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, and observing dreams as well as nightmares, daydreams, etc., possibly including past ones. She can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming, entrap people in REM, and promote spiritual/emotional healing within dreams. This is an umbrella term that covers a variaty of powers, Diana has shown to use the following:

- Dream Walking: Diana is capable of entering the dreams of others. She may even be able to enter daydreams.

- Nightmare Manipulation: Diana can create, shape, enter and manipulate the nightmares of herself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, observing nightmares and turning dreams into nightmares. The overwhelming shock, fear, anxiety and terror can prove too suffocating for the victim in which their hearts might explode or brains might die.

- Sleep Manipulation: Diana can induce, manipulate, and enhance all aspects of sleep in herself or in others, including dreams, daydreams and nightmares.

- Sleep Inducement: Diana can cause organisms to fall asleep. Diana user can make people fall asleep by telling them to do so.

Vibration Manipulation: Demon!Diana still has the ability to manipulate and enhance vibrations which can produce effects such as earthquakes and shockwaves.

When possessed by herself, Demon!Diana has extended levels of this power, including:

- Flight: Diana can fly using her vibration manipulation to project herself through the air.

Pyrokinesis: Much more controlled and conscious when Diana is a demon.

Abilities:

Archery: Diana's an extremely skilled archer. She inherited her skill from her mother. She claims that her arrows strike her target no matter how far they are though it might be magic, this is a slight exaggeration, she is very skilled, and capable of hitting her target more often than not, but there is no magic involved in her shots.

- Expert Markswoman: Diana is an expert archer, and went to national competitions even when she was a child. She is able to accurately use longbows, crossbows, and guns with pinpoint accuracy.

Knifemanship: Diana has amazing agility and impeccable expertise at using long hunting knives in close combat.

Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Diana is exceptionally skilled with martial arts, and knife fighting as well; she has subdued several human assailants with ease and bested physically more powerful creatures, often unarmed or equipped with only a blade.

Expert Weapons Knowledge/Training: Diana was trained in the use of guns, bows, swords, daggers, and chained weapons (though she preferred to use her long-bow or ring daggers). She is also able to assemble and disassemble more complicated weapons, and was shown to have made five of her own silver arrowheads by hand, which were designed with a fleur-de-lis.

Expert Manipulator: In desperate situations, Diana is shown to be quite good at manipulating others to give her the information she wanted.

Expert Gymnastic: According to Diana, she was a gymnast for eight years, and she demonstrated her acrobatic feats by doing a flip off of her roof and landing lightly on her feet on the ground. Though she did not use these gymnastic skills often, they likely came in handy during her training.

Singing: Diana is a capable singer, possibly because of her Siren heritage.

Multilingualism: Diana can speak English, French, Latin, Greek, and Arabic.

Master Hunting Skills: Trained by Artemis, Diana possesses excellent combat and hunting abilities; she is an extremely dangerous individual, and she is more than capable of taking a stand against even the most formidable of opponents, such as demons, vampires and werewolves.

Tactician: Diana is also a proficient tracker and possesses prudent tactical skills. Highly resourceful, she frequently utilizes improvised weapons and explosive devices.

High Level Intelligence: Diana possesses extensive knowledge of supernatural mythology.

Strategist: Diana is also shown to be quite a capable strategist, able to come up with many quite clever, and unorthodox methods of defeating her more powerful opponents.

Survival Expert: Diana is also a highly capable survivalist.

Master of Torture: Due to her short time spent in Hell with Crowley, and extended training with Artemis, Diana has an in-depth knowledge of torture, able to inflict the maximum amount of pain and agony on a victim while keeping them alive as long as possible.

Impressive Hacker: Diana can hack into most computer systems without tripping any firewalls or security.

Expert investigator: Diana can determine much of what transpired in an area with little evidence by searching for information and following clues.

Medical knowledge: Diana can patch up most injuries on herself or others, including bullet wounds, knowing much on human anatomy.

Skilled engineer/Metalsmith: Diana has proven herself to be a capable engineer. Diana can forge her own arrows.

Free-running: Diana is very maneuverable and graceful, able to chase and outrun enemies through various terrains with no wasted effort or time, even scaling buildings and running from rooftop to rooftop with ease.

Expert Thief: Diana also has pickpocketing skills.

Belongings:

Necklace: Diana wears a crystal pendant necklace given to her by her Greek family members.

- Alaric Saltzman will claim that this was the first thing he saw when he and Diana met in a bar.

- This necklace also contains the darkest parts of Diana's soul, her demonic nature, Artemis noted that it was growing as her powers began to grow so she locked away that part of her. As long as the necklace remains intact the demonic parts of her soul remain locked away.

Jeep:

"I remember when, uh... when Diana first got her Jeep. It belonged to her mother. She wanted her to have it after she died. The first time she took a spin behind the wheel, she went straight into a ditch" - Jenna about Diana and her Jeep.

Diana's Jeep is a 1980 robin's egg blue CJ5 Jeep driven predominantly by Diana. This vehicle, which previously belonged to her mother, Penelope Fell, is important to Diana.

Power-Inhibiting Gloves: In order to negate Diana's abilities, Artemis constructed a pair of gloves for Diana to wear. The gloves are quite uncomfortable to wear, as they are tight, scratchy, and produced a nauseous feeling in the wearer. However, the gloves dampen her Terrigenesis.

- Her gloves also have been designed to allow her to snap her wristbow into place on them.

Weapons:

Recurve Bows: Diana has two separate recurve bows:

#1: The first is a heavily customized Hoyt Buffalo in 'blackout' colors and is capable of folding on itself for easier transport and concealment by way of added hinges located by the tiller adjustment bolts. It also has multiple buttons on the bow's grip which are capable of selecting specific arrowheads stored in her mechanical quiver. A laser sight to assist in targeting can also be found on the riser.

#2: The second recurve bow Diana owns is a Hoyt Gamemaster II. Like the Hoyt Buffalo, the customized Gamemaster II has several selector buttons on the grip so Diana can choose the arrowhead she needs. The bow has the capability to transform into a bo staff which can be used for close-quarters combat.

Specialized Quiver: Diana's quiver is supplied with a multitude of different arrowheads in the bottom. By dialing up an armament setting from control on her bow, Diana can cause the quiver to affix these special arrowheads. This effectively increased the capabilities from conventional arrows to explosive arrows, a grapple line, and more.

Arrows: Diana has a number of trick arrows, utilized to perform specific tasks.

Known types of arrows:

Conventional: A standard arrow made to easily penetrate and injure an enemy while also being difficult to directly remove from a wound. Like any standard arrow, this arrow type is suitable for stealth operations because it makes minimal noise and is less conspicuous than Diana's other, more specialized arrows.

Wooden arrows: Basically, a wooden stake in arrow form. Instead of a metal arrow tip, this arrow is completley wooden and slightly longer than a traditional arrow.

Syringe arrow: An arrow with a syringe in the tip to inject liquids into the target. She has two versions of this arrow:

- Vervain

- Werewolf venom

Ensnarement arrow: After piercing a target, it launches wires into the area around the target and then pulls them tight. These arrows are therefore highly similar to bolas.

Flashbang arrow: A flashbang grenade in the form of an arrow. Very effective against those with sensitive eyesight.

Explosive arrow: Explosive arrows, both time-delayed, and impact.

Taser: An arrow that is attached to a small device that delivers an electrical discharge capable of incapacitating a person.

Remington 700PSS: Diana owns a Remington 700PSS sniper rifle.

Compound Bow: Diana owns, but rarely uses a Mathews Apex 7 compound bow.

Wristbow: Diana owns and commonly wears a wristbow under the sleeve of her jackets and shirts. It contains several smaller arrows that she can fire with ease if she isn't using his bow.

Heckler & Koch P30: Diana carries a Heckler & Koch P30 in her bookbag.

Arrow Case: Diana uses an arrow cartridge capable of holding nine collapsible arrows.

Blade of Artemis: This was given to Diana when she left Athens. It is a powerful weapon, capable of killing vampires and is shaped much like a stake but is made of metal.

Electrified Baton: Diana carries a collapsible metal baton hidden under her quiver.

- Mini Electrified Baton: Diana has a smaller collapsible version of her baton that she carries in her bag.

Vervain and Werewolf Venom Mace: Diana carries a small canister of specially made vervain and werewolf venom mace. She keeps this in her purse.

Other weapons:

Chinese Ring Daggers

Crossbow

Mini-Crossbow

Weaknesses:

Having a mix of DNA in her body, Diana shares weaknesses with all four species represented.

Unique to Diana:

Crystal – If Diana's crystal necklace was to be broken then all the darkest parts of her soul would be released into her, creating a more demonic version of Diana.

Fatal Flaw – Diana's fatal flaw is excessive personal loyalty. She is willing to risk her life for her friends and family regardless of the consequences. She was learning to control this side of her whilst in Greece, managing to slow down and think things through before making a decision, but her instinct and first choice will always be her friends and family.

Gilbert Device - Being part of the supernatural world, Diana was affected by the Gilbert Device. 

Human:

Given her durability, it is harder to hurt Diana, but it is still possible.

Mortality

Blood Loss

Broken Neck

Decapitation

Fire

Heart Extraction

Magic

Demon:

Whilst her demon side is locked away in her crystal, Diana has none of these weaknesses, but if it were at some point to escape, then she will gain these weaknesses:

Devil's Traps

Devil's Trap Bags

Devil's Trap Bullets

Supernatural Handcuffs

Fifth Pentacle of Mars

Holy water

The Word "Christo"

Hallowed Ground

Hex Bags – will hide individuals from Diana's telepathy.

Holy Fire

Iron

Palo Santo

Blood Draining

Magic

Siren:

Arcadius - As the creator of the sirens and the one who gave them Sybil and Seline their immortality, he has the power to take away their immortality and kill them with his own Hellfire. Their speed of recovery from an otherwise fatal attack is also dependent on him, as Sybil's revival was delayed once as Arcadius held a conversation with her, prior to her soul being sent back to her body. Because of this, it is possible that Arcadius would have an affect on Diana.

Magic

Mystic Falls Founders Bell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 10.4K 65
in which, the salvatore's sister goes through heartbreak and victory. katherine pierce x female oc ...
43.4K 920 20
I decided to come back to my old town and start a permanent life with my brothers again. Oh yeah, I'm Sophia Salvatore. In 1864, my idiot brother, Da...
632K 14.6K 26
in which damon's old friend is a model mated to a hunter and a werewolf β€’ " it seems baby gilbert and my first hybrid have finally found their girl "...
87.2K 2.1K 54
" ᡗʳⁱᡖᡖⁱⁿᡍ, ᢠᡃˑˑⁱⁿᡍ, ʷⁱᡗʰ ⁿᡒ ˒ᡃᢠᡉᡗʸ ⁿᡉᡗ ᡇᡒʸ, ⁱᡗ α΅α΅˜Λ’α΅— ᡇᡉ ˒ᡒᡐᡉᡗʰⁱⁿᡍ ᡗʰᡃᡗ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜ Λ’α΅ƒβ±α΅ˆ " - 𝘒𝘳π˜ͺ𝘒𝘯𝘒 𝘨𝘳𝘒𝘯π˜₯𝘦 𝘧𝘡. 𝘡𝘺 π˜₯𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘒𝘳 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘨𝘯. |the...