The Polaroid's on the Wall

By Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 24: Guess who's back
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 30: The Start of Something New
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1
Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry

355 14 25
By Rro110

Cyrus POV:

I'd been doing a bit better after a little time had passed since I broke up with TJ. I was adapting to a life without him slowly and had moved on from wallowing every evening in front of a trashy tv show stuffing my face with ice cream...not my highest moment.

But yes, I was doing well with my friends and although I did miss the affection, I missed it less and less everyday. I was going to be alright.

Until he decided to show up at my door, tell me he'd ran away with the most perfectly handsome boy and coincidentally had hickeys all over his neck at the same time.

Now I'm back to square one, wallowing and spacing out without even realising it.

'Cyrus!' Natalie tapped my shoulder, 'Are you ok?'

I sighed, rubbing my eyes, 'Just tired...I didn't get much sleep last night,'

Walker smiled, 'I saw this thing online that was this really cool post of a piece of art that is meant to relax your eyes and brain and make you sleep better if you look at it before bed. I can send it to you if you want?'

Shaking my head, I added, 'No, but thanks, I'm just stressed at the moment,'

'You wanna talk about it?' Kira offered.

I shrugged, 'It's really stupid,'

Jonah patted my back, 'Nothing you say could ever be stupid...no question is a stupid one,'

Although what he said was totally irrelevant and definitely stupid, somehow, it comforted me, 'TJ turned up at my house a couple days ago,'

'What happened?' Marty sat up straighter.

'He was apologising for something Reed and Lester did, which isn't important right now, and then he told me where he was the last few days,'

'Where?' Nat asked.

'On a roadtrip with Chris,' I said before I thought about what I was saying, 'He has hickeys on his neck too so I wouldn't be surprised if-'

Libby's eyes almost fell out of her head as she frantically signed something very rude that I'd rather not translate.

'Libby, I'm so sorry I didn't-' I tried to think of the right words to say, 'I mean, maybe they're dating, maybe there not but maybe I'm just being paranoid?'

But it was too late, she was already so mad I knew she was about to blow a fuse...or go ask her brother what he's been doing with TJ. Did I just out him?

She stormed off to do just that, leaving the five of us in Marty's bedroom.

Natalie was just as shocked as she turned to Walker, 'Do you think.....'

Walker's eyes widened more, 'That makes so much sense,'

'What's going on?' Marty and Jonah said in unison.

'Ohhhh I get it!' Marty suddenly said, 'You think that's what was happening last year when we thought TJ was-'

He noticed my expression.

'You mean he wasn't bullying Chris the whole time?' I was about to get angry if that was the truth.

'I'm pretty sure he was I mean...I was there!' Kira half laughed.

'No no, he definitely did,' Walker assured me, 'But maybe not as severely as we thought...it would explain why they were always together,'

Natalie stated, 'But it's just speculation, we shouldn't really be discussing it. It's nothing to do with us,'

'It would mean Chris was lying to Libby for a long time though,' Marty pointed out.

'Sorry,' Jonah spoke up, 'But...who's Chris?'

We all facepalmed.

TJ POV:

'So, What have you got planned for my birthday?' I asked, kissing his cheek.

Chris rolled his eyes fondly, 'There's a reason why it's called a surprise you know,'

I groaned, 'You're no fuuun,'

Suddenly, he pinned me to the bed, 'Don't challenge me,'

I flushed crimson but before anything could happen, his bedroom door burst open.

Libby was stood at the door, her arms crossed, 'Liar,'

Chris got to his feet, 'Libby, I can explain-'

'No!' She shouted, 'You lied, you're together and you were together last year. Am I correct?'

Chris glanced at me, 'Yes,'

Her hands were a blur of sign language which Chris returned but even I couldn't keep up with it all.

Then Chris spoke at the same time, coveying a rare emotion for him.

Fury.

'I don't care what you think about TJ at all Libby! Just because how we met was complicated doesn't mean anything! He's different and he's a wonderful person who I love very much so please do not ruin this just because you're upset I didn't tell you I'm gay and because I'm dating TJ. That isn't fair,'

Libby left the room, leaving us alone together again.

'Sorry,' I mumbled, feeling uncomfortable having witnessed the fight.

Chris' expression softened, 'You have nothing to be sorry about. You've said it plenty of times already. You don't have to anymore,' he sat beside me, taking my hands, 'You know that,'

'Yeah,' I whispered.

Then he let go, 'How did Libby even find out?'

Horrible guilt washed over me as I realised my mistake, 'I...I think I told Cyrus.....are you mad?'

Chris gave a small smile, 'No no...I know you didn't mean to and it was about time I told her anyway, even if the delivery was a bit crap.....So are you and Cyrus friends now?'

'Not really,'

'Can I invite him to your birthday party?'

I hesitated before agreeing to it, 'You probably should,'

Chris got to his feet, pulling me up to do the same, 'I can tell you're still sad right now,'

'Aren't you?'

'Of course not,' Chris lifted his arms and closed his eyes, 'Everything is balanced, everything is good. We have nothing to fear, ok?'

I couldn't help but grin, he was a breath of fresh air compared to the negative energy that constantly surrounds me, 'Ok...except that I'm being sent to a criminal reformation camp every Sunday afternoon,'

His positivity retreated, 'What?!'

'Did I not tell you that?'

'No!'

'Oh...I'm being sent to a criminal reformation camp every Sunday afternoon,'

Chris collapsed onto his bed, 'I seriously don't understand why everyone had to assume the worst of you.'

'I do,' I countered, 'They probably should,'

He cupped my face, 'You are not a bad person! I promise you that and I wish you'd believe it,'

'Then how come I always manage to ruin everything? I ruined our relationship, I ruined mine and Cyrus' relationship, I almost messed up my relationship with Reed and Lester because I was being stupid. Not to mention I've ruined my family,'

'Your dad has ruined your family,' Chris argued.

'They only argue about me!' I pointed out, 'They'd be fine if I wasn't there,'

'They argue because your dad doesn't see you for you,' Chris ruffled my hair, 'Stop putting yourself down when you're a wonderful person,'

I frowned, 'How can you be so positive? I mean, even after I...you know, you were so kind.'

'You ask me that a lot,' Chris shook his head, 'I know you onto did those things because you were insecure, that's why I don't care about it,'

'They're still right,' I shrugged, picking my nails, 'I was a bully,'

'Was, exactly, you're not anymore,'

'Do you even remember what happened?' I asked seriously.

'Yeah...' Chris lowered his brows in confusion.

****

(Last year)

Third Person POV:

TJ had been constantly pestering Chris for a little over a month now and he wasn't backing down. In fact, every smile and every nice thing Chris said to him only made him more determined to hurt him. It was maddening.

This day in particular was not a good one, TJ had woken up in the worst mood after his dad has decided to bring home Genevieve yet again. That's why he approached Chris who wasn't surprised to see him there at his locker.

'Hey T,' He greeted chirpily, 'Whatcha got for me today?'

'Why the fuck are you so positive?' Was his response, 'What the hell do you have to be happy about?'

'Being here on this beautiful earth,' Chris responded, 'We're lucky,'

'Who says? You're such a freak it's scary, no one even thinks that,'

He shrugged, 'Guess I'm special,'

'More like special needs,' TJ shot back, 'Like your literally tone deaf sister,'

For the first time the two had started talking, Chris' smile became non existent, 'Don't say anything about her,'

'Why? Is she your weak spot?' TJ laughed, 'how pathetic,'

'Leave her out of this,'

'Why should I?'

'Say what you like about me but my sister is crossing the line,'

'I think you mean your retard,'

'Shut up!' Chris stood up to TJ's intimidating stance, 'We all know you're the retard,'

'What-'

'You're incapable of being nice to a single human soul. It's like you literally have no feelings at all, why the hell do you have to try and put other down in order to boost your own ego? Does daddy not love you or something?'

Passerby's oooed, the finally aggressive comment made by Chris made TJ clench his fist harder before he took a swing at Chris' face. It landed right on his cheek, shocking the curly haired boy who realised he had no control and had to follow through with a matching punch that cut TJ's lip open. The two were now in a match of punches, shoves and digs which were being witnessed by the corridor's chants of 'fight!' Just like they do in movies.

This brawl was broken up by Metcalf pulling off Chris, the one he was capable of pulling, and a shout that silenced the hall, 'KIPPEN! SIMMONDS! Both of you are coming to my office NOW,'

The boys, one feeling very ashamed with himself for letting the bully get to him and the other feeling angry at himself for letting himself go this far, followed Principal Metcalf in the walk of shame to his office.

That day however, Metcalf was forced to deal with a more pressing matter because some boy had managed to get frisbeed in the eye and needed medical attention (guess who). This meant the two had to sit in the waiting room, side by side until they were called in.

The silence was deafening and the tension was high. For many different reasons.

For Chris, he was mad at himself for letting his anger over his sister get the best of him. Especially when he knew TJ didn't mean any of those things because he just wanted to wind him up. Still...they were horrible things to say. But then Chris also said horrible things to TJ when he was already insecure which was the whole reason for him bullying him in the first place. As someone who lives by the phrase 'Kill with Kindness' he was extremely disappointed in himself.

On TJ's side of things, he was fuming with rage. But it wasn't anger towards Chris...no, it was anger at himself. He'd never taken it this far before, he never stayed on one person for this long either. Chris however? Something about him annoyed TJ, he always had him come back for more. And he felt bad for using someone's disability to bully someone, that seemed worse in his eyes.

He knew Metcalf was going to call his parents about this, he knew they would yell at him for being an idiot when he already feels guilty-he always does-but for some reason he always does it and he knew that would probably lead him to hurt himself in some way. That's always how it goes but this time will probably be worse of all. Chris was different.

'Sorry for punching you,'

TJ's eyes widened as Chris spoke quietly to him  which was strange when they had been trying to tear each other apart moments ago and TJ had been for months.

'It's nothing, besides, I punched you.' TJ shrugged.

Chris leaned back in his chair, 'Yeah but...only because I said those things to you. I'm really sorry,'

TJ didn't say anything in response to this at he touched his lip to see it was bleeding badly.

'Does it hurt?' Chris cocked his head to the side, 'I'm stronger then I look Aren't I?'

This made TJ's face move into something that could have been a smile but not quite, 'It's fine and yes I suppose you are,'

Chris' face fell suddenly as he reached for his bag and started shuffling through, pulling out an expensive looking camera. After checking it over, he sighed content that it wasn't broken.

'Is that a Canon Powershot?' TJ asked, sitting up straight and gazing at the camera.

Chris raised an eyebrow, 'I...didn't know you were into photography,'

TJ blushed, scratching him neck, 'No, I'm just very knowledgeable,'

The curly haired boy smiled, putting the camera away, 'Wanna play a game?'

'Are...you being serious?'

'Of course,'

TJ hesitates before agreeing, 'I guess, there's nothing else to do,'

'It's called say what you see,' Chris crossed one leg over the other, 'You talk about something close by without saying what it is. For example, if I said a lens on a tripod that you look at the galaxy with that would be a telescope. It's like the game taboo without any taboo words,'

He nodded, 'I get it,'

'I'll start.' Chris volunteered, 'I see a plant with spikes,'

'Cactus,'

'Ding ding, your turn,'

TJ rolled his eyes, searching the room, 'Ok...I see a jar containing something sweet,'

'The Yankee candle?'

'No, it's circular and has circle and oval shaped things in,'

'The bowl of marbles?'

'No, but closer, you eat them,'

'Ohhhh the butterscotch jar!'

'Bingo,'

The two laughed for a money or two until Chris took his go again, 'I see.....' there were some seconds of silence, 'A boy who's actually rather fun to talk to when he's not pretending to be someone he's not,'

Before TJ could say anything, Metcalf called them into his office to discuss the previous events.

But both were a little too preoccupied thinking about the the last few minutes.

It was like...electricity was flowing through them.

Chemistry?

This was kinda bad but I tried my best. What is going through y'alls head?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 307 16
Cyrus Goodman and TJ Kippen didn't realize how important they were to each other until they first interacted in Jefferson Middle School's cafeteria...
11.6K 314 34
Cyrus Goodman is a very sweet and innocent 16 year old boy. He likes to wear makeup and big sweaters. In his mind, everything in his world is perfect...
32.7K 657 21
This is some Oneshots of my favorite ship Tyrus
25.9K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...