Whoa Baby

By RealityCheck101

Paisley Devoncourt is your typical sweetheart of the family that every parent is proud of. Smart, caring, res... More

Chapter 1- Teenagers
Chapter 2- The Ace's
Chapter 3- Converting the Good Girl
Chapter 4- The Day After
Chapter 5- Sex
Chapter 6- Make Your Decisions
Chapter 7- Sunset
Chapter 8- When One Chapter Ends
Chapter 9- Beach House
Chapter 10- What Father Doesn't Know
Chapter 11- The Bump
Chapter 12- Cover Up
Chapter 13- Time To Take A Risk, Sweetheart
Chapter 14- Breakfast
Chapter 15- A is for...
Chapter 16- Everybody Knows
Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too
Chapter 18- Like It Never Happened
Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless
Chapter 20- Peter Pan Didn't Want To Grow Up
Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest
Chapter 22- Blue Everything
Chapter 23- The Sperm
Chapter 25- Prove A Point
Chapter 26- Something Unpredictable
Chapter 27- No Right
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Chapter 29- Invisible Lines
Chapter 30- The Kick
Chapter 31- The Cravings
Chapter 32- The Dinner
Chapter 33- Think Again
Chapter 34- Oooh, Baby, Baby
Chapter 35-There He Goes
Chapter 36- Not Knowing Is Better
Chapter 37- When You Least Expect It
Chapter 38- Meet Our Baby
Chapter 39- To Being Parents
Chapter 40- The Key To Family
Chapter 41- Have Mercy
IMPORTANT NEWS
Chapter 42- The Future Lies Ahead
Chapter 43- After Hours of a Teenage Boy
Chapter 44- One Night
Chapter 45- The Unexpected
Chapter 46- Life is Uncontrollable
Chapter 47- My Guardian Angel of Nightmares
Chapter 48- He's Got Your...
Chapter 49- Wake Me Up
Chapter 50- Lots of Stories
Chapter 51- Something Personal
Chapter 52- The Big Bang
Chapter 53- The Devoncourts
Chapter 54- Emotions Run High
Chapter 55- New Chapter
Chapter 56- C'est La Vie
Chapter 57- In Non Couples Therapy
Chapter 58- 5 Years, 9 Months, 5 Days

Chapter 24- Worse Than I Thought

201K 5.9K 2.9K
By RealityCheck101

Whoa Baby

Chapter 24- Worse Than I Thought

"It fell apart, faster than it could be put back together." -Unknown

It's cleaning day. I know. The worst possible day of the week. I hate it as much as the next person even though I'm probably the neatest person I know. Miles thought he could sneak away, but there was no chance of that happening. He wasn't going to stay for two weeks and then ditch on cleaning day.

You also wouldn't believe how much popcorn was found between couch cushions.

But we we're cleaning the house, practically from top to bottom, when I find extra baby photos from the other day. "Em, is there already an ultrasound picture for the other day on the fridge?" I ask her.

She leans over to look at the fridge and spots the third ultrasound photo under the second. "Yeah, it's up there. Why you ask?" She wonders, wiping her hands on a cloth.

"I just found a couple of extra. I know one is for my mom but I don't remember getting a third." I tell her, organizing the magazines on the coffee table.

"Did JC ask for one?" Emma figures, deeply sighing, and leaning back against the counter. "Kitchen is clean. No one is aloud in."

I sit on the edge of the sofa arm, thinking about it. Does short term memory loss come with pregnancy? "I think he did." I guessed, shrugging my shoulders and putting the photos back on the table, "Oh well-"

"Not oh well, you should go give it to him. If he wanted one it was for a good reason." Alice interrupts. I didn't even know where she came from, but she had one headphone in her ear and some bathroom cleaning products.

"Well if he misses it he knows where to find it." I tell her, dusting off the TV console.

"Maybe you should pay him a little visit. Just like when he pays you little unexpected visits." Alice suggests, hiding all the bathroom products under the kitchen sink.

I scoff, hitting the dusting wand outside on the deck, "Like I have the time." I mutter.

"You do actually. You have more time than anybody-"

"If she doesn't want to go, she doesn't have to go. Don't force her to." Emma defends, eyeing Alice critically, as she starts looking through kitchen cabinets.

"Pita pizza anybody?" Alice wonders, grabbing some ingredients from the cabinets and fridge.

"Don't make a mess of my kitchen." Emma says between her teeth, in a very threatening way. "I just cleaned everything. If you make a mess, you're cleaning it up."

"God, you sound just like my mother." I snicker, sitting on the stool around the counter.

"I mean, he asked for the photo, it must mean something. Maybe he's had a change of heart." She guesses, shrugging her shoulders, "Besides, what's the harm in visiting him anyways? He'll take the photo and you walk away." Alice continues back to the previous conversation. She shrugs her shoulders, she flattened out a wrap of pita flat bread on the counter and started slicing BBQ chicken from last night's dinner.

I guess when Alice put it that way I didn't see any harm in that. I probably could just slip it under his door too and walk away. Looking at the time on the stove I figured that maybe he and his friends would be out and about. I doubt boys would stay in on a beautiful like this to clean their house.

Maybe Alice is right, though. He asked for the picture, maybe, just maybe he did have a change of heart. They say that happens. All those romance movies and books when the father listens to the heart beat and it changes everything. Maybe that effect went over him.

"Maybe I'll go after lunch." I mutter, helping Alice make another pizza.

"How was the other day, by the way?" Emma asks, looking up from her phone after a moment, "You didn't really say much. Everything okay with the baby?"

Alice looked up too, wondering, "Everything is perfectly fine with him. The next time I have to go to another appointment I'll be home and I'll be looking like I'm ready to pop." I tell him, spreading out some of the chicken and waiting for Emma to rise off the spinach leafs. "He asked a lot of questions though, I thought it was weird; and annoying but I got through those forty-five minutes."

"See! He's curious. That's not so bad either. I'm not saying you two are going to ride off into the sunset and be one big happy family, but it'd be nice for the baby to have his dad around. Boys need that fatherly figure." Alice comments, eating cold chicken which I find incredibly gross.

I guess I could agree with Alice on that. If JC shows interest I guess it's not a terrible thing. He'll have to earn my trust back, and really show me he's in this one hundred percent. If he even tries to attempt that it's a start. One I'll take into serious consideration. I want him to be serious about this, not ambivalent.

"Have you started looking at names for him?" Emma questions, with a giant smile on her face. "My favorite guy name is Cole Elliot. It just rolls of the tongue perfectly."

"Christian Tyler. That's been my favorite for a while." Alice inputs. Emma awes, nodding her head to that.

"Those are some nice names." I agree, sprinkling the spinach, "Oo, can you cut up some red onion, Em." I ask. It's been some weird craving of mine this week. It's gross, but it goes so well with everything! Burgers, salads, sandwiches, pita pizza! It's actually really good for you. Lots of vitamin B6 and potassium. Fun fact, it can also reduce your chances of stomach cancer by fifty percent! I did my search as you can see.

"Come on, you must have some name already picked out. Almost every girl does." Alice comments, waiting for Emma to cut up the onions as well.

"Yeah, even Miles has names picked out when he adopts. Cole and Spencer. Guess he doesn't want a girl." Emma chuckles, passing some pieces that she's already cut up.

"I mean, I did, but now that it's actually happening I'm rethinking it." I tell them, wanting more onions for my pizza. "When I was probably thirteen I loved the name Jason and for a girl Ashley. Then it got old. I moved onto Cole and Nicole, thinking if I were to ever have twins, but I didn't know how the odds worked on that before. Before any of this happened, if you were to ask me it'd be Liam, Mason, or Luke. Those are all so common now. I don't know if I want to give him a common name, or something really unique."

"Cole for the win! Three against one!" Emma shouts unnecessarily but I laugh anyways.

"You never know." I chuckle, sprinkling the cheese on lastly with a little bit of pepper and oil. "I could even eat this raw, no lie." I mention, putting it in the oven side by side with Alice's

"Good contents for a salad." Alice agrees. We help Emma to clean the kitchen back to its sparkling state in the ten minutes we had to wait for the pizza.

"Alright, the first and second floor is vacuumed. My hourly fee is fifty bucks, bitches so pay up." Miles says, tugging the vacuum behind him as he descends the stairs.

"You've stayed here for two weeks already, we feed you, allow you to use our beach and sleep on the couch. Your fee is paid off." Alice replies, taking out pizzas out of the oven.

"Fair enough. As long as there's enough pizza for me." He claps his hands, taking a big sniff centimeters away from the pizza just to annoy Alice, "Damn, that smells good."

An hour later, after eating both pizzas and chit chatting about anything I was reminded that I had something to do. I slumped in my chair, debating again if I should go. "Come on just do it." Alice encourages.

"Bitch do what?" Miles snaps, chewing on his bendy straw.

"Will you stop saying that word in every sentence?" Alice orders, rolling her eyes at him.

"Alice is telling Paisley that she should go to JC's house to drop off one of the extra ultra sound pictures. He told the doctor he'd take one, but he forgot about it." Emma explains, ignoring the feud between the two.

"What's the worst that can happen? Tell me." Miles challenged. Paisley rolls her eyes, resting her chin in her hand with a huff, "Did you just see that? She just rolled her eyes at me. What a diva. I've never gotten the eye roll from her before. Pregnancy is making you too sassy my dear friend."

"Alright, I'm getting out of here before we go off in a tangent about how pregnancy doesn't suit me." I mumble, getting up and grabbing the picture on my way.

"Hey, forget everything I said because if you see any of the guys in that house, shirtless, then snap a few pics for me." He tells me before I walk off to the deck. Might as well take a nice beach walk on my way to visit the devil. I mean, JC Ace.

I took my sweet time walking there. It felt nice to be out. Not that I haven't been outside since I got a more noticeable bump. I surely have, every day even if it's just chilling on the deck to soak in some sun and read a magazine or good book.

JC's house is a decent walk up the beach. Not a mile but not a few yards away. I guess, from there and back it's about half a mile. Alice would know I'm sure, she jogs every day. God bless her.

I didn't want to knock on the back door, so I went around to the front entrance. No one was chilling on the back patio or the beach, as far as I could tell. Odd, you'd think a bunch of boys would want to be outside on a beautiful day like this with the beach as their backyard. I didn't hesitate. I want to get straight to the point and get it over with. I knocked, and waited.

And waited.

Still waited.

I almost thought about knocking again, but eventually some guy opened. I knew he was one of JC's friends. Not just because he was in the house, but I just knew. Everyone knew. Drake and JC have been best friends since God knows when. I know, shocking, the bad boy has a real friend. When they're together though it's bad boy squared.

"Can I help you?" Drake asks, raising one of his eyebrows at me with an annoyed and bored look on his face.

"Is JC around?" I ask, peeking over his shoulder briefly. I remember how nice this house is. I bet they ruined it though, being boys and all. I'm sure it's a mess.

"JC!" Drake shouts loud enough for even the next door neighbors to hear, "Your ass is needed at the front door!"

"You wouldn't happen to be the pregnant one are you?" He asks, interested now. I glared at him with confusion, looking down to my stomach and back up. Could he not notice? He waved his hand anyways, walking away and leaving me there, standing outside with the door wide open.

I felt like one of the vampires in Vampire Diaries when they can't get into someone's house.

About another minute passed, and I was all but ready to just leave. JC came though just as I thought about leaving so I had to go through with it now. "What do you want?" He asks quickly in a jumbled sentence.

"Here. I just came to drop this off. I figured you'd want it." I offered, handing him the photo of the last ultra sound.

He looked down at the photo, rubbed his hands over his mouth and across his chin. You could hear and see the faint stubble he had on his face as his rough hand glided over his skin. "I don't want it." He rejected, shaking his head and looking away when I extended my hand out further for him.

"But-"

"I don't want the goddamn photo, Paisley!" He shouts. I cringe back in fear, looking over his face and wondering in the back of my head what could have went wrong. "I did you the favor. That's all. It doesn't change anything."

"Oh." I whispered, feeling the tears building up in the back of my eyes. "I thought, maybe you changed your mind since you asked for it. It wouldn't have been a bad thing." I said with a half-smile on my face as I tried to blink away the tears. "Who am I kidding though, right?"

"Who are you kidding? Let's be honest here. You didn't want me around. Why fight through that? You're smart, you probably know what you're doing." He says in a serious tone, "And don't give me that teary eye crap. That doesn't affect me in the slightest."

"Yes I'm crying to make you feel guilty. I'm pregnant JC there's no such thing as controlling emotions in these times." I say angrily to him.

"That excuse will be great for the next, I don't know, whatever months." He babbles, throwing his hand in the air.

"You're such a... a-"

"An asshole? A dick? A bastard? A son of a bitch? A mother fucking jerk? Yeah I know. You're not the first." He scoffs, shaking his head, "By the way, it doesn't make you a saint by not swearing. So say whatever the fuck you want because you're not going to hell for it."

"I don't need to swear to show you how much I hate you!" I almost loudly shout at him.

"Right, because you're better than me." He shrugs, looking at me disgusted.

I take a deep breath, and think thoroughly about what I'm about to say next, "You're the worst person I ever met. I wish that I could go back that day and never talk to you. I wish you were never born and I hate knowing that I made such an irresponsible mistake with you. You can die and go to hell where you belong for all I care. I hate you so fucking much. Thank you for not caring because my son will have a better life without you and your twisted life. You're not capable of being a father. So yeah, I don't want you around because it scares me that you'll turn into your father. I don't want to end up like your mother and I don't want my son to end up like you. Because look how far you've come. So thank you because you're doing everyone a favor."

I walked away after that. I didn't even want to see the look on his face. I hoped I hurt him though. I shouldn't have listened to Alice and I shouldn't have let her bring my hopes up to let them just crash right down. So silly of me.

On the walk home I couldn't stop angry tears from falling. I felt so stupid, so foolish! I walked through the front door, throwing it back to shut. "Back already Paisley?" Alice calls from the living room.

"How'd it go? Snipe me any shirtless pics?" Miles chuckles. They all turn to me, smiles falling off their face when they took one look at me.

"Never, ever, tell me to do something nice for JC Ace. I don't care what you say, he doesn't give two shits no matter what you assume. I don't want to feel humiliated and let down like that ever again."

I wiped the hot tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand as I rush up the steps so I could just lay on my bed for a while and calm down. I psych myself out every time with JC Ace. One moment I won't want anything to do with him, and he'll somehow hint he wants to be in this. Doing and saying things here and there and then finally, when I figure he's being serious and I'm willing to give him a shot, he blows it up.

There I am, again, falling into the trap of JC Ace. Just to come out looking like an idiot. A damned and distressed, foolish teenage girl.

===================================================

MERRY CHRISTMAS BABIES!!!!

HO HO HO! :p

We hope you have a happy holiday. From our dysfunctional family to yours <3

Straight to the point! Oh, and sorry this chapter isn't long, we decided to change things up a bit, but THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VERY SPECIAL!

*** GOALS***

You know the drill! You have until MIDNIGHT FRIDAY! You guys blew us out of the waters! YOU TOTALLY ROCK! KEEP IT UP! Thank you SO SO SO super much everyone for the love and support. We wouldn't be continuing writing this story without you guy <3

VOTES: 550!

COMMENTS: 135 + What's your favorite names? Boy and girl!

******

Chapter Song: Baby It's Cold Outside (the Zoey Deschanel version, duh! Christmas CLASSIC)

Chapter Picture: Shout out to @toxiccondoms for the adorable banner on the side. Thank you SO much and forever will laugh hysterically at your username xD

So that's all! Merry Christmas our little cherubs, see you... :O THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR! OH MY! Let's end the year off with a BANG!

Comment. Vote. Fan. Follow on Twitter @RealityTweet101

-Kylie & Kelsey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 10.5K 35
| #27 in Romance| ****** A girl gives her virginity to her best friend who she's always loved. The morning after, he vanishes, no one knows where he...
42.5K 810 27
bubblegum skies || feral boys feral boys x fem!reader completed previously titled talk of the town ┬┴┬┴┤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈├┬┴┬┴ [ ┬┴ ] being poly and not accep...
13.3K 529 14
☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽ the lovers woven with blessed gold windows of the soul behold death appeased by lovers pain bound and doomed to meet again becoming one...
33.8K 1.2K 36
"Then again, to remind myself, all this is just for pretend, this is just a contract. This won't be real!" But that's what you thought... You finally...