In the Past (Levi Ackerman x...

By x_speedy

Alexandria Williams' life is complicated, and it gets flipped totally upside down when her parent's are execu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Ending

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

9.2K 289 58
By x_speedy

This does not actually affect the story in any way, and is irrelevant in every way. However, I thought it would be fun to write. Especially since today: December 25, is the lovely Lance Corporals birthday.

I sincerely apologize if you were expecting something entirely different with this update but I can only say that I have started Chapter 16 and it will be done here shortly.

Thank you, and I apologize again.

~

Levi irritably pushed through the hallway that lead into the main corridor of the Survey Corps headquarters.

He was beyond irritated and with the pressures of the next expedition weighing heavily on his back he couldn't seem to let himself relax.

Hanji continued to infuriate him with her unnecessarily annoying antics that involved the constant jeering at his height. Even, Eren, who was usually rather formal and polite, and gawking at his every action kept his distance. Or at least that's what it seemed to be to him.

However what he didn't know was that Hanji was planning a surprise.

A festive surprise that Hanji insisted would be loved by the unapproachable male.

Levi knew it was December, knew that the time for Christmas was growing near, marking his thirty-fifth birthday.

However, he had forgotten to care.

He never bothered to explain to anyone that his birthday was just around the corner.

And this year, this birthday, wasn't going to change that.

The only people he had ever bothered to celebrate such a meaningless date with were Isabel and Farlan. And since they had passed on, hopefully finding their peace in whatever afterlife there was, if there was one, he had no urge to celebrate.

To be completely frank, he didn't give a shit about the day altogether.

With an irritated huff of breath, Levi angrily pushed open the doors leading into the Mess Hall.

Dozens of eyes stared back at him as he spotted Hanji, sitting on the far side of the room next to a tree adorned with dozens of fragile glass ornaments. Boxes littering it's sides. Hanji was chatting idly with Eren, flailing her arms exuberantly with excitement.

Eren suddenly stopped chatting, eyes fixated on a jostled Levi, and jabbed Hanji's shoulder.

Levi's eyes narrowed as he stepped forward, boxes scattered around the tree.

"What the fuck is this shit?" He asked in complete annoyance as he stopped next to a box, empty of ornaments and tinsel.

Levi sneered at the box and kicked it to the side, and crossed his arms as he waited for an answer.

Hanji frowned at his rash attitude and sighed.

"Decorations, Levi, they're decorations."

Levi glanced at the tree.

"We have an expedition in the next few days, and you're wasting your time here fucking decorating?"

Levi clenched his teeth together, jaw flexing, and glanced around the room, muttering a barely audible insult under his breath.

"It's not a waste of time." Hanji defended, crossing her arms over her chest defensively.

"Anything having to do with making a damn mess is a waste of time, I expect this shit cleaned up before tomorrow morning."

Hanji frowned.

The entire Mess Hall was silent, and since Levi's interruption Eren had disappeared, leaving Hanji and Levi alone to speak with the entire force of the Survey Corps watching expectantly.

"Of course, Shorty, whatever you say."

Levi nodded and turned on his heel, "Good."

As he left, a whisper had begun brewing behind his back.

He could hear the mention of his name. But he didn't care.

He just wanted to relax, and forget the upcoming day of depression and remembrance of something precious he lost. His family.

With a sigh, he pushed through the doors of the Mess Hall and continued back to his office, where he was sure another added stack to his never ending supply of paperwork had formed.

When he pushed open his office door he immediately sat down and began working once again, ignoring the clock until he was interrupted by a knock on his door.

Levi's back straitened, and he glared up at the person he was sure was interrupting his evening of work.

He quietly called for whoever was behind the door to come in, expecting no other than Hanji. Who would usually barge into his office uninvited.

The door opened revealing Hanji's slender frame.

Her arms were behind her back, and as she walked forward he noticed the sadness glinting within her usually crazy eyes.

"I was going to wait until tomorrow to give you this as a surprise, but, from what happened in the Mess Hall, I figured that would be a bad idea."

She moved forward and placed a small box on his desk, void of miscellaneous piles of paperwork.

"Happy Birthday, Levi." She whispered before turning on her heel and leaving his office, and him speechless.

Levi had half the mind to throw it away and forget about the presents existence. However, he was curious.

What had she gotten him?

Slowly, he stretched his arms out and grabbed the boxes side and placed it before him.

He stared at the neat red wrapping paper, and gold ribbon, admiring it's cleanliness and beauty.

Slowly he undid the ribbon, pulling it from the package with ease. Then, he pulled the wrapping paper apart and gazed at the boring box before him.

He stared at the box for a worryingly long period of time before finally opening it.

Inside the box was a white cravat, it was clean, and a surprisingly bright white. It was unlike the dull cravat that was around his neck that was slowly turning gray. It was a simple gift, however it was thoughtful.

Levi pulled the cravat from the box and twisted it around his fingers, feeling it's soft fabric against his skin.

He almost didn't notice the small piece of parchment at the bottom of the box.

Almost.

He carefully folded his cravat upon seeing the note and gently placed it back in its box before pulling out the letter.

Ink stains littered the paper with a certain unruliness, and the scribbling was hard to read, but he finally managed.

'Levi,

You're an ill-tempered, short brat, and though your comments are vulgar and intimidating, and I do nothing but annoy you, I wish you the absolute best on this special day.

Happy Birthday, and Merry Christmas.

~ Hanji'

There was a certain comfort in the letter. It was true, she did do nothing but annoy him. But it left a warmth in his heart knowing that she had cared.

Suddenly he felt bad about forcing the Cadets to take down the tree.

With a sigh, Levi pushed himself up from his chair and backed away from his desk, quickly making his way out into the winding corridor.

~

Levi had been up for hours into the night, which was nothing opposed to usual, but he felt absolutely exhausted.

He'd hauled the ugly ass Christmas Tree through headquarters, careful not to disturb anyone, and placed three boxes worth of ornaments onto the tree that took up an entire section of the Mess Hall. While also, placing tinsel and mistletoe throughout the entire room, making it as festive as possible. He wanted everything to look as it had when he'd walked through the door hours earlier.

He couldn't think of any other way to repay Hanji, and he felt as though this would somehow do the trick.

The last wreath was placed around the tree, and just as earlier, the ornaments were placed in a red and gold pattern that covered the tree, making it glisten in the lantern light that illuminated the room.

Levi was proud of his handiwork, and like nothing had happened, he stalked off to his office to complete the hours of paperwork that he had left to do.

~

The next morning, Levi awoke to the joyous screams that filled the entire headquarters.

Groggily he pulled his head from his desk and ran his hand over his face, trying to awaken himself.

Slowly, he stood from his seat, and changed into a different set of clothes.

He wore his familiar white shirt, and pants belonging to the military uniform he always wore, but left off his jacket, only accessorizing with his buckles and boots.

As he made his way towards the Mess Hall, that he had only finished decorating a few hours before, he couldn't help the slight twitch of his lips as he smiled.

But as soon as he pushed open the doors leading into the Mess Hall his smile fell and he watched the Cadets gaze happily at the neatly placed tinsel and brightly colored room.

A plate of cookies had been made and everyone seemed to have grabbed at least one. Besides himself.

He wondered briefly who had made the cookies until he saw Hanji, smiling bubbly from behind the counter.

Levi tried to make himself look angrier than he usually did, but couldn't.

Hanji glanced his way as the din of excited whispers grew louder.

No one could figure who had redecorated the room.

But they didn't seem to care much.

Hanji's eyes suddenly widened as she pondered, finally her eyes met his and she nodded, sending him a brief smile of gratitude.

Levi nodded back, completely emotionless as he turned his attention back to the Cadets surrounding him.

Even Erwin had joined in on the holiday fun.

Levi watched silently as the warm feeling appeared again.

He sighed and relished in the heat and slightly smiled before glancing up at the ceiling, making a silent toast to the lively Isabel, and loyal Farlan.

Wherever they were.

Levi crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. Gazing tiredly at the wonderful people surrounding him.

Maybe this all isn't so bad.

~

I am so sorry for this rubbish.

I realize that not everyone celebrates Christmas, and I apologize for that, but I felt like writing a christmas influenced short story for Levi.

Happy Holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 12.5K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...
18.3K 278 32
A girl who was in the dark, gloomy path that her parents forced her in. She spends her days going against the rules of the kingdom, being mischievous...
2.6K 131 63
'"Why is this mission so important? I don't care anymore so can it just be over? Before they find anything else about me?" I ask, finding information...