The Two Kingdoms (Completed)

By the_insouciant_lass

•Completed• *Read only if you can accept the grey shade of life* The Kazi was called in, a few prayers were r... More

Before you begin
Haider Ali Khan
Princess Meera
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Cast.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
Authors Note
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
Authours Note
34.
35.
Authours Note
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
Not an update
48.
49.
50.
51.
Epilogue 1.1
Epilogue 1.2
Authours Note
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
10 facts about The Two Kingdoms
Sequel
New Cover

24.

32.5K 2.1K 119
By the_insouciant_lass

The courtyard was beautifully decorated and lighted up, the moon light had added to the charm and serenity of the night.

The stage created for the nikkah was divided by a curtain made of white flowers and on either side sat the bride and groom.

"Mahnoor Zahoor Ali Khan bint-e- Zahoor Ali Khan apka nikah Tahir Jabaar ke saath, 50,000 soney ki asharfi hakh meher ke saath tay kiya jata hai, kya aapko ye nikhal qabool hai ?"

"Qabool hai."

"Tahir Hassan Jabbar bin Hassan Jabbar apka nikah Mahnoor Zahoor Ali ke saath 50,000 soney ki asharfi hakh meher ke saath tay kiya jata hai, kya apko ye nikah qabool hai ?"

"Qabool hai."

Dua was made and the nikah concluded. It was a happy ending to the day for the family and everyone associated with them.

Mahnoor look pretty in her emerald green wedding dress, her happiness and love for her new husband had added to her beauty.

"Inayat, many congratulations to you." Mariam said hugging her sister in law.

"Thank you." Inayat smiled through her tears, her baby had started her own life, her own family today, nothing in the world could bring her spirits down.

She looked at her daughter sitting on the stage with Meera and Zulekha gushing over her, smiling, laughing - happy.

"Ammi Be." Haider said wrapping his hand around his mothers shoulder, his line of site aligned with his mother.
"It's time for the rukhsati." He said and kissed his mothers forehead.

Although Mahnoor would be stay in same room in the harem as before after they came back from their trip to Delhi, she had to join her husband for their union today, and according to the law and culture she would have to now bid farewell to her old life.

"Okay." Inayat said, a lone tear slipping down her left eye, her daughter was a married woman.

Haider walked towards his sister who was giggling with his wife and cousin, his heart felt lighter knowing his sister now belonged to someone, she would have a family of her own, he had finished his duty successfully, his father would be proud of him.

"Hadi." Noor squealed looking at her brother. She got up from her seat and twirled.
"How do I look ?" She asked her eyes shining.

"You look like a hoor." He said smiling down at her. His eyes fell on his wife who he had seen for the first time today and his heart skipped a beat.

She was in a golden yellow Anarkali, her eyes lined with her signature khol and bindi on her forehead, she looked like an angel.

"Stop staring at your wife and tell me how does Tahir look ? Does he look hot ?" Noor asked wriggling her eyebrows.

"Allah !" Inayat gasped joining the crowd. "When will you learn to not say inappropriate stuff Mahnoor ?"

"What wrong did I do now ? He is my shohar (husband), I can talk about him however I like. Also Ammi Be you need to stop chiding me now, I'm a married woman." Noor sassed making Meera chuckle.

"Maaf karo Noor bibi, ab chalo apne ghar ki ho jao." Ammi be sassed back.

"This is my house, you know I'm going to be staying here right Ammi Be ?"

"Rukhsat (sending away of bride) karo isse Hadi." Ammi Be said rolling her eyes.

Soon everyone had gathered to walk Noor out, Haider had placed the Holy book on her head and walked her out of the courtyard to her new life.

Meera walked behind the congregation, she was truly happy for her friend, but deep down she worried knowing about Tahir's feeling for another woman.

The crowd now stood on the threshold, Noor was saying her goodbyes, everyone had tears in their eyes.

"Meera Bhabhi !" Tahir called to her pulling her attention towards him. "I see those pretty eyes of your drowning in a pool of worries, you don't have to. I'm going to keep your sister-in-law happy and I'll always remember what you have told me." He said with a smile, his playful personality had resurfaced.
To others it was just Tahir being Tahir, but to Meera, Tahir's declaration seemed like a dip in the Ganga, all her worries and fear had washed away.

Tahir and Noor left the palace to travel to Delhi for a couple of days. A new life had indeed begun for them.

Soon all the guests too retired to their allotted rooms, leaving the family behind. They all sat in the courtyard in the dim light of the burning candles, exhausted from physically and emotionally taxing day.

"My baby has left me too." Inayat said and a sob escaped her throat.

"Why do you say so Inayat ?" Mariam said holding Inayat's hand in her's.
"Zulekha is your daughter and she is here with you, it's a matter of time before Noor comes back, and you should be happy your daughter is married." Mariam said and subtly motioned Zulekha to come closer to Inayat.

"Ji Phupho, are you differentiating between me and Noor now ?" She said faking offence.

"Of course not my darling." Inayat said wiping her tears. "To me all my children are the same."

"Bus phir roye na aap. I'll take you to your room it's been a long day." Zulekha said escorting Ammi Be to her room followed by Mariam.

"We too should go to our chambers Hadi." Ejaz said. "Walk with me I need to tell you about the uprising against the Jaisalmer king."

"Mamu jaan why don't we discuss that tomor-."

"Oh no no, Mariam and I have to leave early tomorrow, I can't leave function of the province in the hand of fools. Now let's go boy." Ejaz said and dragged Haider away who looked at Meera with a sad smile, he had to walk her to her door, it had become a tradition for them now.

Meera felt a small tug in her heart but chose to ignore it, she walked towards the harem with Hania and Jamila in tow.
It was a happy day for everyone in the palace, everyone but her best friend, so she decided to go see her, she decided to meet Kanika whom she had been ignoring like plague for the past three days.

She knocked on Kanika's door but there was no response, she knocked again and there wasn't any response. She turned around to return when Jamila made her stop.

"You don't have to knock to go into someone's room, you are the queen and this is your harem."

"But-."

"Just go inside if it's that important for you to keep knocking at someone's door at midnight."

"Stay here please." Meera told Hania and Jamila, she didn't want them to watch the drama if one was to unfold beyond those doors.

She pushed the door open and walked inside closing it behind her. Kanika say on the bed, her head against the head board, her open shabby hair covering it.

"If you are here to see that if I'm still alive, I am. For how long I don't know, I can't tell you precisely, and now if you are satisfied looking at my miserable self, then you may get the fuck out of here." She opening her eyes to look at Meera with a crazed look.

"Kanika please listen to me I never-."

"No you listen to me." Kanika shouted getting up from the bed and marching towards Meera, standing inches from her. "You listen to me ." She seethed.
"All this happiness, this huge tower of happiness you are building for yourself, I'm gonna burn it down to ashes and stuff the ash in your mouth, when you are as helpless as I am, when you are as desperate and clueless and hopeless as I am today Meera, know, just know it was I who did it." She said turning her back towards Meera and walked towards her bed.

"Now get the fuck out of my room."

Meera stood outside Kanika's room, holding her breath, processing Kanika's words and trying to digest the venom her best friend had spat on her. She felt a chill run down her spine and body stiffen.

"Are you okay Meera Bi ?" Jamila asked concerned looking at Hania, they did hear someone shout, although the conversation was incoherent, it wasn't a pleasant one they were sure.

"I.. I am okay I am fine. We should head back to ou-." Meera stopped mid sentence. She could hear a distant cry.

"Can you hear that ?" She said talking a couple of steps ahead.

"Hear what ?" Jamila asked confused.

"Someone is -."

"Crying for help." Hania completed Meera's sentence.

AN: Hello amazing people !!!
So it's a double update.
I saw so many new voters on the last chapter, keep voting you all, it makes me happy.
The next update shall be on Monday around Midday.

I'm trying to include both Haider and Meera's culture and faith, idk if I'm justifying it but excuse me if I am not precise or wrong with either.

Keep voting fam
xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 11.7K 24
Wafa Zaini hated rich people with a passion. She can't stand them for their arrogance and their self-righteousness. She so happens to be living in a...
307K 9.7K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
44.7K 2.7K 57
Meera Vyas and Agastya Malhotra. One is Designer by Profession while the other one is a Surgeon. Both were trying to find their solace in this chaoti...
93.8K 5.2K 37
Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the right stop.... ________________________...