The Journeys of John and Juli...

By aurelia_author

The Journeys of John and Julia begin. The Twenty-Two are watching. Reality is about to change. It all starts... More

A Letter from the Author: Audiobook Narrated by Janel Parrish Now Available!
A sneak peek at our heroes...
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 8
Line 9
Line 10
Line 11
Line 12
Line 13
Line 14
Line 15
Line 16
Line 17
Line 18
Line 19
Line 20
Line 21
Line 22
Line 23
Line 24
Line 25
Line 26
Line 27 / Part 1
Line 27 / Part 2
Line 28 / Part 1
Line 28 / Part 2
Line 29 / Part 1
Line 29 / Part 2
Line 30 / Part 1
Line 30 / Part 2
Line 31 / Part 1
Line 31 / Part 2
Line 32 / Part 1
Line 32 / Part 2
Line 32 / Part 3
Line 32 / Part 4
Line 33 / Part 1
Line 33 / Part 2
Line 33 / Part 3
Line 33 / Part 4
Line 34 / Part 1
Line 34 / Part 2
Line 35 / Part 1
Line 35 / Part 2
Line 36 / Part 1
Line 36 / Part 2
Line 37 / Part 1
Line 37 / Part 2

Line 7

4.9K 35 30
By aurelia_author

LINE 7

Back in the conference room, Mirra's book suddenly flipped shut and the image on the screen went blank. With a movement of her right hand, Mirra pushed the wand away as if to prevent further incidents of interference. The conference room was silent as the members processed the information. Finally Dora Bell spoke, accompanied by the jingling sound of her jewelry.

"I think Avi is right. I know John very well. I rarely have any problems getting his attention. He is still too inexperienced to make perfect sense of the information most of the time, but he always listens." With an extra clink of her keys for emphasis, she added, "Together with John, this whole thing just might work."

"Makes sense to me. The book tells me John is a reincarnation of -"

"Thank you Mirra, thank you, but nobody asked. So please keep this data to yourself," Herr Kaiser definitely had a habit of interrupting.

"Somebody must have," Mirra shot back, countenance decidedly ancient now. Her cracked-sounding voice notwithstanding, she had lost nothing of her unflinching demeanor. "May I remind you that I never act if not prompted? Couldn't if I wanted to. Just don't have it in me. Come on guys admit it, who wants to know who John used to be?" She looked inquisitively around the room.

Cliffton blushed under the penetrating gaze of her eyes. No use denying what she already knew as the truth.

"Er - I guess I was just curious, sorry Mirra, I didn't mean to be - er - improper." To not make his situation worse by saying something foolish, he forced himself to break eye contact. Resisting the intense pull of Mirra's alluring glare, he quickly scanned the room. "What do you say, do I have a go?"

"I suggest it is best to take a vote," Herr Kaiser answered, ever practical in his approach towards things and situations. "Everyone in favor of Avi's proposal to make direct contact raise your hands."

All but the Twins, who were still discussing the case amongst them, raised their hands. Everyone in the room was used to this. By statute the Twins only had one vote, and sometimes it took quite a while for them to reach an agreement. At last, Helena's hand moved up as her head moved down.

"Well well, Ladies and Gentlemen," said Herr Kaiser, "seems we are in accord. Now all we have to do is devise a strategy that minimizes the risk to us while maximizing the chances of success and we can move ahead. Suggestions anyone?"

There was no room for doubt that from now on Herr Kaiser was officially in charge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 245 25
What comes to mind when you see the word, "nightmare"? Do you think of all your teeth falling out in front of your bathroom mirror? Or maybe your pan...
5.2K 148 12
The Diaz family decide to take a vacation and head for a certain town filled with some magical beings. Everything seems normal, but that is short-liv...
577 64 13
Book : 1 of "Tale" series..... This story for those who believes in supernatural creatures...... ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ..... RAIDEN ROLFE :...
380 27 32
ORIGINAL (This story is actually/sorta is based off from in real life but not really. Fiction-Fantasy-Romance, however you guys want to call it.) Ca...