I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼

-Chapter 10-

76 4 10
By Obsessively_nerdy

~Oh it's fun, it's fun to be friends with friends~ (Idk I just recently watched She-Ra, that song has been stuck in my head, and it works so SHHHHH-) 

T.W: Mentions of weed and self-deprecating thoughts. Kinda. (Quick disclaimer, also: this is unedited, because I'm lazy and I really just want to get this chapter out, so just go easy on me in the comments-)

A/N: WHAT UP QUEER-O's (that nickname is originally Ben Platt's, and I love him so much-). Told y'all I'd be publishing again. I've finished my summer classes, and I'm hoping to keep up a semi-consistent schedule with my publishing. But be patient with me please! 😂

      After the date, Michael dropped Evan off and quickly reminded him that he would pick him up to take him to school tomorrow morning- they were trying to avoid a confrontation from Heidi. 

      But now it's not the next day, and Michael is on his way to groggily force himself and his boyfriend to school. He honked his horn twice when he pulled up, blasting Beetlejuice to get himself more awake. 

      He smiled when he saw the acorn walk out, chuckling lightly to himself when he saw his signature pink scrunchie around his ankle. This time he had high-top, dark blue Converse with black jeans and a grey t-shirt. Michael was glad that he had the confidence to keep up with his little scrunchie accessory. 

"Hey Micha," Evan grinned as he stepped into the car and kissed the other's cheek. 

"Hey Ev! You ready to go?"

"...Sure."

      Michael laughed with a nod, starting to drive to school.

      They both sang along loudly to 'Ready Set, Not Yet,' Evan obviously being Barbara and Michael being Adam. They arrived to school once it finished for the second time, Evan and Michael letting out groans when they had to stop. 

"Can we skip today?"

"N-no," Evan giggled, getting out of the car.  

      Michael laughed as he followed, holding Evan's hand. 

"Hey, I have a small thing I need to... pick up. You can just head to homeroom without me, yeah?"

"W-well... can I come with you?" Evan asked, fiddling with the hem of his shirt as they both walked into the building.

       Michael's eyes widened, biting his lip as he slowly nodded. 

"Yeah just um... it's at the back of the school. Why don't you wait for me to get it by the back doors, yeah?"

"'It?' What's-"

"Hey, Ev, how do you feel about deforestation?" Michael interrupted, sneakily changing the subject.

      He watched as Evan's face filled with rage, and he bit back a laugh.

"I-it's the stupidest thing we could possibly do to nature!"

      Michael chuckled lightly as Evan rambled angrily-making very adorably expressive hand gestures- walking to the back exits with him.

 "Ev-?"

"And, and think of all the homes that it's ruining for all the creatures!"

"Evan-"

"If he wants to make America great again he should start focusing on things other than himself."

"How the fuck did this get political-?"

"And then there's-"

      Michael grabbed Evan's shoulders, leaning down and pressing his lips against the other's. Evan gasped lightly as he closed his eyes, placing his hands on Michael's chest when he pulled away.

"W-what-?"

"As much as I love hearing you ramble about trees, I needed you to stop talking," he snickered.  "Wait here. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Y-yeah, okay."

      Michael kissed Evan's forehead with a smile before walking out the doors. He blinked when he saw two other guys talking to Dustin, one of them he instantly recognized. He walked over to the group as he fiddled with the money in his pocket. 

"Really Connor? At school?"

"Hush," Connor dismissed, as he snuck something into his bookbag. "Thanks, Dustin."

"Anytime. Hey, if it isn't my other favorite customer," they smirked, fist-bumping Michael. 

"Hey Dustin. Hey... Jared."

"Michael? You- hah. Totally called it. Hey Connor, this is the geek that I was super convinced that smoked that I told you about."

      Connor looked Michael up and down as the retro boi handed Dustin his money.

"Well... that's kinda easy to infer since he has a Bob Marley and a weed patch on his hoodie."

"You could at least let me feel smart."

"Never."

"Dick. Okay, so, where's the acorn? You didn't bring him with you, did-?"

"What? No," Michael scoffed. "He's too innocent for that. I told him to wait-"

"Micha? Is everything- Jared?" Evan asked as he turned the corner.

      Michael was basically caught red-handed, bag of weed in hand. 

"What are you- a-and Connor? W-what- and what is that?"

"This? Oh um..." he trailed off, slipping the bag into his backpack. "Just some tea leaves."

"Really? Cool!" Evan smiled as Dustin walked back into the building. 

      Connor's eyes widened, and he glanced at Michael and Jared.

"Is he really that innocent-?"

"Yes," they answered simultaneously as Evan blinked. 

"So are you and Connor uh... friends... now Jared?"

      Connor winced slightly at how Evan's question sounded, snapping his ponytail against his wrist. Jared subtly placed a hand on Connor's back without looking at him, nodding at Evan.

"Yeah. We kinda got close over the weekend."

The sound of the ponytail snapping grabbed Michael's attention, though, and he glanced at Connor before standing closer to Evan, holding his hand. 

"Class is gonna start i-in a couple minutes, so we gotta go," Evan smiled, squeezing Michael's hand.

      Jared gaped, about to speak before Evan cut him off.

"And y-yes, Jared. We're dating."

       As Michael and Evan walked back into the building, pulling each other slightly closer by every step, they could hear Jared laugh out 'Totally fucking called it! Man I should be a psychic-'

~~~

      After getting through half of the day, Evan and Michael met up by Evan's locker. 

"You brought a packed lunch too?" Evan asked.

"Yup! I gotta have my sushi. Hey, I have this perfect spot we can eat at. You down?" 

      Evan nodded with a grin, leaning onto Michael as he fiddled with his lunch bag.

"So... where is this 'perfect spot?'"

"Oh, there's this secluded tree outside in the field. I thought you might like it?"

"Sounds great!" he nodded, enthusiastically. "Hey wait, it's Connor and Jared. Should we sit by them inste-"

"Sh," Michael hushed, getting major gay-for-each-other-vibes and wanting to get to the bottom of it. "Keep walking and stay quiet. I wanna hear what they're talking about."

"U-um... okay-"

"Timothy almost saw you leave my room this morning. You gotta be more careful," Jared scolded quietly. 

"It's not like we were fucking last night or something! We don't have anything to hide! Besides. I'm delirious in the mornings, okay?" Connor defended, fiddling with the ring on his thumb.

"Really? I haven't noticed."

      Michael and Evan's eyes widened as they glanced at each other, snickering quietly while they walked outside.

"I totally called it," Michael snorted, heading over to the tree. 

"I have no idea h-how that happened. They hated each other! And- wait a goddamn minute... (If I get ONE comment about how Evan is too pure to cuss- XD I love pure Evan, don't get me wrong. But I'm allowed to have him cuss in my book-)."

      Michael blinked in slight surprise, glancing at Evan.

"What?"

      The tree expert keened over slightly as he laughed, shaking his head.

"I thought Jared was straight!"

"Seriously?! Ev, he gives off major gay vibes! How?"

"My gaydar is n-not very accurate, Micha.," he giggled, sitting down and leaning against the tree. "I thought you were straight, up until you told me you were gay. And I knew about the rainbow patch on your hoodie sleeve."

      Michael's eyes widened a nit as he laughed, sitting next to Evan. 

"Oh my god-"

"I-I know, it's bad."

"Yeah, like... really bad," Michael snickered as he started to eat, holding his hand out for Evan to take. 

      Evan gladly did so, squeezing it gently and starting to eat his lunch, too. 

"I um... I really liked our date last night."

      Michael flushed as he shoveled sushi into his mouth, nodding slowly. 

"Mhm, meh toh-"

"M-Micha..." Evan laughed as he took out a CapriSun. 

"I'm sorry! I just really like my sushi-"

"I know. I'm kinda surprised y-you didn't bring any on our date last night," he teased. 

"Well, I thought you were vegetarian, and it has fish in it- you're joking-"

      Evan and Michael burst into laughter, smiling at each other and squeezing each other's hands. 

"Would you... would you want to go o-on another one sometime s-soon?"

      Michael flushed a bit as he nodded quickly, smiling at Evan. 

"I would love to, Ev."

"Really?" Evan gasped excitedly, lighting up a bit as he smiled.

"Pft, of course. I was the one who asked you on our first date."

"W-well I know that," Evan huffed, finishing off his sandwich. 

      They both snickered as they ate in a comfortable silence, finishing their lunches after a couple minutes. 

"So, about this date," Michael started, squeezing Evan's hand. "When do you want to do it?"

"I thought it was i-implied that it would be tonight," Evan joked, smiling up at Michael with a small snort. 

"Oh, so you're that eager?" Michael teased, kissing him gently. 

"Mhm."

      They both leaned into the tender kiss, unable to suppress their bright smiles. 

"What about t-tomorrow night? You can take me to a movie?" Evan mumbled against the other's lips, wrapping his arms around his shoulders.

"That sounds perfect," Michael  breathed out, pulling Evan onto his lap with a snicker. 

       They pulled away from their kiss after a second, Evan keeping his hands on Michael's chest. 

"Michael...?"

"Yeah?"

"R-remember how Connor and Jared are together?"

"...You've got to be joking-"

~~~

       It was after school and Evan and Michael were making their way to the gym building, it being separate from their actual high school. They saw Connor and Jared heading over there, and held hands as they followed.

      Evan has this thing where if Michael and him were even semi-close to each other, he had to be holding onto him in anyway possible-Michael loves it. 

"Gross. They're probably making out or something..." Evan grimaced, glancing down and picking at his cast. 

      Michael snickered and held Evan's hand away from himself, turning the corner. He covered the other's eyes after seeing Evan's hypothesis was correct. 

      Connor had his hand against the wall by Jared's head and his other was holding onto his waist. Jared had his arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer every second. 

"Hey lovebirds!" Michael called out, grabbing their attention and causing them to separate.

      Michael took his hand away from Evan's eyes when they did pull away, biting back a laugh when he saw Connor and Jared's beet red faces.

"Why don't you two stop ruining my boyfriend's innocence and tell us if you want to go on a double date or not?"

1855 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 462 20
"If only I hadn't fall in love..........." An unreported medical error caused Jeff's mother's sudden death....... 12 years later, the time for vegean...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
39.6K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
666 70 23
What if Connor Murphy lived, and things between him and Evan had played out differently? My take on TreeBros. I know this AU has been done a LOT, but...