Keeper of my Heart (a KOTLC s...

By moodymoonlark_kotlc

Sophie Foster is a normal girl in high school, surrounded by her close friends. As high school progresses, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note!
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

100 3 8
By moodymoonlark_kotlc

"YOU WHAT?!" Biana squealed over the phone.

I sighed expectantly, holding in a laugh at her exuberant reaction after I told her I went on a 'date' with Keefe. She was always known for going crazy when it came to boy talk, especially when it was about me, since I've never actually dated before.

"Spill ALL the details about the date!! I need to know everything!" Biana said, full of enthusiastic energy.

"Okay, okay! But only since you asked," I said, trying not to get too deep into everything as I explained all that happened, from the secret spot (didn't tell her where) to the bonding I had with Keefe. Once I wrapped everything up, she was squealing.

"Oh my gosh!! Girl!! You guys are so meant for each other!!" she exclaimed giddily.

"You think? I mean - what makes you say that?" I said, trying not to reveal my crush (even though it's no surprise).

"Are you serious? He matches with you so perfectly! You've never really been interested in a guy before!! You guys are basically soulmates!!"

"I guess," I said, trying (but failing) to sound casual.

"We should totally meet up today! Maybe the mall?" Biana suggested. "We could get you so many cute clothes to impress Keefe!!"

"I'll pass, but I can help you shop if you want since I know you suck at decisions," I replied.

"Okay fineeee. You know me too well," Biana said. "On one condition though: you have to let me give you a makeover when you go on your next date!"

"You mean if I go on a next date," I corrected her.

Biana scoffed over the phone. "Whatever you say."

We decided we would meet at two o'clock. Once we hung up, I got a text from Fitz.

Heard u r going to the mall later w/ Biana

I decided to respond.

Yep! What r u doing today?

Keefe is coming over later, he said back.

Cool! Cya :), I ended the conversation with, hoping I didn't sound too enthusiastic with my texts. I decided to turn off my phone before I saw his response, since I was already embarrassed.

Since it was early in the morning, I decided it was time to eat breakfast. I quickly went downstairs and found Edaline making food.

"Oh, good morning!" Edaline smiled and turned around, her cheeks tinted pink. "How did you sleep?"

I plopped myself down onto the stools by the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Really good, actually."

"That's good! I'm glad you slept well!" Edaline said, her turquoise eyes glittering in the morning sun shining through the nearby window.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked as she turned around to keep making breakfast.

"Very good! The elephant from yesterday had me completely exhausted. I'm glad I got the day off today!"

"Where's Grady?"

"Oh, he's running errands right now. Anyways, breakfast is ready!" Edaline grinned as she set down a plate of french toast and an assortment of fruits.

I ate as much as I could before I became extremely full. I was usually hungry in the mornings, but because of all the mallowmelt I ate that night I still hadn't quite gotten space in my stomach. I thanked Edaline and cleaned my plate off before going upstairs.

Once in my room, I decided to take a long hot shower, since it seemed like good timing. Then I got dressed and ready for later.

As I was finishing brushing my damp hair, Grady stuck his head into my room. "Hey kiddo!"

"Hi Grady!" I said, getting up to hug him. "When did you get home?"

"Just now," He grinned and pulled me into a hug. "I went and got groceries. Also some food for your gerbil."

"Hamster," I corrected him and turned around to check on my pet hamster named Iggy, sleeping peacefully in his cage. This was a surprise, since he was usually snoring like a gorilla. Sometimes he would roll around in his hamster ball, other times he would run on his hamster wheel. A lot of times I let him roam the house (while watching him) and even let him sleep with me.

"Are you doing anything fun today?" Grady asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, going to the mall with Biana later," I said.

"Do you need any money?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm not shopping for me, I'm gonna help her pick out clothes."

"I can drop you off if you'd like."

"Would you? That would be awesome. Thanks Grady!" I said.

"No problem!" Grady smiled before carefully shutting my door.

I walked to my vanity and sat down. I had to stare at my reflection for a second. Why would any boy have a crush on me? I mean, my golden-blonde hair is always messy and never up, my eyes are just plain brown, and I never wear anything stylish.

I had to snap myself out of my negativity train before it went too far. Besides, looks don't matter anyway. At least I hoped.

"You want a quick lunch before you leave, Sophie?" Edaline asked, sitting on the couch watching Animal Geographic.

"I'm good, Biana and I will probably just go to the food court," I replied.

"Be safe, hun!" Edaline called out as Grady led me to the door.

"I will!" I said before I shut the door.

"C'mon kiddo, let's hop in the car," Grady said. I jumped into the front seat as Grady sat in the driver's seat.

Once we got to the mall, I waved bye to Grady and shut the car door. I watched him drive away as I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Over here, Sophie!" Biana yelled.

I turned around and walked towards her. She pulled me into a quick hug before we walked inside the mall.

"Okay, so I was thinking we could visit American Eagle, Sephora, Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, and any other place we find. What do you think?"

"Hey, you're the shopper," I said. She rolled her eyes, still smiling.

"Do you wanna stop by the food court later? I'm getting pretty hungry," Biana admitted.

"Me too, maybe after we visit a few stores then we can," I replied. Suddenly, a familiar yet obnoxious voice smirked behind me.

"Sophie Foster, surprised to see you here. Helping Miss Wannabe-Perfect find more outfits for her mile-long closet?" Stina scoffed. She was surrounded by a few of her snarky friends who were just as annoying as her.

"Finding new clothes to replace your closet full of ugly clothes?" Biana snapped back. "Or maybe some perfume to hide your stinky armpits?"

I burst out with a giggle but replaced it with a cough, which had Stina and her friends glaring at me.

"You shouldn't be the one giggling, Foster. Especially when I bet you're here to replace that ugly white shirt you had yesterday. You should be thanking me for making it more colorful," Stina snickered along with her friends.

"Oh most definitely. You should really become a clothes designer," I said sarcastically. "You'd just have to pay people to wear your clothes."

"Shut your mouth, Foster. You don't know what I'm capable of," Stina said, and her and her friends started walking away.

"Making bad comebacks and producing disgusting body odor? Actually I think I do know what you're capable of, but you do you!" Biana called after her, making her and her friends walk faster.

"Ugh, what made her and her friends so jerky?" I groaned and Biana and I kept walking.

"They are just jealous. Never let them get the upper hand," Biana replied as we walked towards a store.

The next two hours consisted of helping Biana pick between ten outfits every five minutes, walking around the mall aimlessly, and eating at the food court. Soon we were heading toward the front of the mall.

"Hey, Sophie! Are you busy tonight?" Biana asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Fitz invited Keefe over, and my mom said I could bring you over too. Would you like to come and save me from hanging out with the boys?" Biana asked.

"Of course! Let me just text Grady and Edaline," I said, pulling out my phone.

"Oh! And on the plus side, you get to see you-know-who," Biana nudged me. I laughed and playfully shoved her.

"What?? Just sayin'!" Biana giggled.

After ten minutes of waiting for Biana's mom at the front of the mall, she finally came. Biana and I climbed into the car.

"Hey, Mom!" Biana said.

"Hi, Della!" I smiled, sitting next to Biana.

"Hey girls! What did you get?" Della (Biana's mom) asked.

Biana started showing and listing off everything she got (which was a very long list of stuff).

"Nice! What'd you get Sophie?" Della asked me.

I reached into my bag and pulled out a white shirt. "Just a white shirt to replace my other one."

"Oh yeah I heard about that from Edaline. That Stina is such a jerk," Della said, peering through the rear view mirror while keeping her eyes on the road.

"We ran into her too! Sophie and I totally showed her off. Her and her weird friends were running away from us!" Biana said.

"Good job girls! It's always good to stick up for yourself," Della said.

The ride wasn't very long, and soon we were at the private gate to their house. Their gate was really big and required a password to get in. I watched as the large doors slowly opened for the car to get through. Then their huge property came into view.

Once Della parked the car, we all hopped out. I felt kind of awkward, especially considering the bonding Keefe and I had last night. I hoped Fitz didn't know, since I've heard that he has a crush on me.

Della opened the door and I followed Biana into their huge living room. Fitz and Keefe were lounging at the couch when they met eyes with us. Keefe's eyes lit up and he smirked.

"Well well well. If it isn't Sophie Foster. Should've seen this coming."

~ By Moody Moonlark ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 75 16
ALL CHARACTERS BY SHANNON MESSANGER!! except the kids ofc:) this is just an fanfic. In this story everyone is grown up w kids, Sophie and Keefe have...
1.8K 4 13
Sophie Foster is sweet, unique, kind, and afraid. She was bullied her whole life, and has never had a friend except her cousin Dex. Once he moves awa...
22.2K 278 19
Fitz Vacker is the captain of the football team, dating the most popular cheerleader, and has the life pretty much every high school boy wants. Every...
124K 1.2K 25
β™‘οΈŽJust some Sokeefe oneshots to keep you sane! β™‘οΈŽ The first few chapters are a little wonky, but it gets better, I promise! β™‘οΈŽ Votes, requests, and c...