Bruised And Broken

By SlothStories101

🌻 FINISHED 🌻 Endeavor has been abusing Todoroki Shoto since his quirk manifested... but what will happen wh... More

Beaten
Overuse
Questioning
"You're Late"
Training
On to me?
Following
Drunk
Aizawa's uncertainty
Early Exams
Informing Endeavour
His Wrath
Pros Vs No.1
Finding Todoroki
Visitors
Temporary Guardians
New Home
Blue Rooms and Soba Incidents
"You're Safe Now."
A week's time
The Whistling of a Kettle
Scar
BANG! CRASH! THUMP!
Midoriya's visit
The News
Counselling and Rules
Screams in the Night
Up in Flames
Down in Ice
Groupchat Shenanigans
"I'M FINE!"
Adjustment
The Basement
Distant
Movie Night
Court Date
Cat Cafe
Tsukauchi Arrives
Baking
Sick
Friday
Court
The Alley
Missing
Rain
Found
Waiting
Dabi's Story
Stress
"He's dead."
Touya
Visits
"Please don't leave me again."
Cats in Hospitals
Hawks
"Thank you, dads."

Monoma Strikes Again

9.2K 246 634
By SlothStories101

A/N: I tried to add more detail into this chapter. Tell me what you think! 

Shame and regret sizzled in Todoroki's stomach as he trembled on the edge of the bed. Just the memory of him shouting at the people who'd saved him threatened to bring tears to his eyes. After all they'd done for him... he rewarded them by shouting? God, he felt just like Endeavor.

New resolution flooded throughout his mind and he pushed himself to the door, pausing momentarily. Going out there, he was basically offering himself to be hit; although, he reminded himself, Hizashi and Aizawa would never do that. Comparing them to his father felt wrong, but it was the only point of reference he had.

Sighing to himself, he opened the door quietly, peering down the hallway. He could just make out Hizashi and Aizawa's heads on the other side of the maroon sofa, apparently watching some TV show. His walk to them was executed with minimum noise, practically silent guessing by the way Hizashi jumped when Todoroki rounded the sofa.

"Aizawa-Sensei, Yamada-Sensei, I would like to apologise." The teen announced, tone guarded and stoic.

"We forgive you." Aizawa replied. He smiled and opened his arms for a hug. Initiating physical contact had never been one of Todoroki's favourite things to do, but right now he couldn't stop himself from falling into those open arms.

"Y'know you can call me Hizashi." Named blonde said, running a hand up Todoroki's arm. "Or Dad."

"Maybe when I'm more comfortable." Todoroki murmured into Aizawa's dark shirt.

"Of course! I'll look forward to it." Hizashi smiled. "I'll just go make dinner-"

"No." Aizawa glared at his spouse.

"Shouta~ I won't make a mess this time!" Hizashi whined, green eyes wide and pleading.

"You always say that." Aizawa retorted.

"Look, you stay here with Shoto. I'll be just fine." Hizashi insisted, turning on his heel and marching into the kitchen.

"He won't be." Todoroki whispered into Aizawa's shoulder, earning a snort from the older male.

"You seem very tired today." Aizawa mused out loud.

"It's just been... stressful." Todoroki explained quietly.

"You wanna talk about it?" The underground pro tried to keep the hopefulness out of his tone.

"I just want to forget about it, even for a few hours." Todoroki yawned, wriggling out of Aizawa's hold and flopping onto the sofa next to him.

"Okay. That's okay." Aizawa lifted a hand to run through Todoroki's hair, but the teen flinched back. Guilt churned in the pro's stomach, but he avoided mentioning it.

"Got any homework?" He asked instead.

"...Shit." Todoroki cursed, jumping up.

"Language! That's the warning; swear again and you're washing the dishes." Aizawa announced.

"Oh sorry." Todoroki replied automatically.

"And you already used up your apology for this conversation." Aizawa added.

"Oh um, I just need to do maths homework now." Todoroki informed him.

"When is it due?" Aizawa asked with a long sigh.

"... tomorrow." Todoroki answered, twisting his hands together.

"I'm sure Ectoplasm will let you off. Come here." Aizawa reasoned, watching sadly as Todoroki's heterochromic eyes widened. 

"Really?" Todoroki's tone was unsure, distrustful even; a tone a child should never have. 

"Yep, I'll text him now. Come sit down." Aizawa patted the spot next to him and the teen dutifully filled it. The pro eased his phone out his pocket and pulled up Ectoplasm's contact.

AizawaShouta

Can you let Todoroki off maths work?

Ectoplasm

Why?

AizawaShouta

He's stressed over the adjustment I think.

Ectoplasm

Of course then. It's fine- the sheet was mostly for dunces like Grape Boy.

Aizawa had to laugh at this; the teachers had collectively agreed to never address Mineta by his real name ever again.

"What's funny?" Todoroki questioned quietly, facing his lap.

"From Ectoplasm- the sheet was mostly for dunces like Grape Boy." Aizawa explained through uncontrollable snorts. Real, true laughter spilled out the heterochromic teen, warming Aizawa inside out. 

"I think I can guess who that is." Todoroki smiled before relaxing against the pro's shoulder. 

"Dinner's ready!" Hizashi yelled from the kitchen, startling the teen. 

"Let's see what mess he's made." Aizawa yawned, standing up and flexing as his knees cracked. 

"Okay." Todoroki agreed. He stood up too, and followed his guardian into the kitchen. The room was surprisingly clean, a novelty after Hizashi cooks. The blonde himself was positioned in front of the microwave, shifting nervously from out foot to the other.

"No mess?" Aizawa asked, raising a dark eyebrow in disbelief. 

"N-nope!" Hizashi insisted.

"What happened to the microwave?" Todoroki asked and Hizashi jumped; he didn't realise the teen could see the kitchen appliance from his position by the doorway.

"Hizashi... move." Aizawa said lowly, verging on threatening. The blonde reluctantly obeyed, revealing the microwave. No damage was present on the outside, but on closer inspection Aizawa could make out baked beans stuck to the inside of the small door. 

"I'm sorry Shouta! I don't know what happened!" Hizashi cried. The ravenette just hauled out a long sigh and slumped onto a dining chair. 

"We can deal with it later. I'm hungry." He complained, rubbing his forehead. Todoroki stiffly joined him at the table with a sympathetic glance at Hizashi, who groaned dramatically. 

"Here's your food, master." Hizashi announced sarcastically, placing toast and baked beans in front of the ravenette. 

"Thank you, slave." Aizawa retorted with a hint of amusement. The blonde placed Todoroki's portion in front of the teen, who nodded his thanks. 

"Shoto is so much politer than you, Shouta." Hizashi grumbled but his spouse just snorted in amusement. 

"Too bad." Aizawa replied, shovelling the food into his mouth. 

7 minutes later

Todoroki was the first to finish, seeing as he had learnt to eat quickly to avoid his father's anger. It wasn't something he had to do here, not anymore, but old habits die hard. 

"Can I shower?" He requested softly. His leg nervously bounced under the table; he hated asking his guardians for things, however small, after they'd done so much.

"Of course!" Hizashi beamed through a mouthful of baked beans.

"Don't speak with your mouth full." Aizawa ordered, poking the blonde in the ribs. "Go on, Shoto."

"Thank you." Todoroki nodded, pushing his chair neatly under the table and making his way to the bathroom.  After locking the door, he leaned on the sink, staring in the mirror. His scar seemed darker, deeper even, although the teen knew it was just a trick of the mind. Hardly noticeable eye bags hung under his heterochromic eyes, showing the affects of his nightmares.

~

The silence between the two adults was interrupted by the shower bursting to life down the hall.

"When are we gonna ask him about getting therapy outside of counselling?" Hizashi asked quietly, eyes focused on his plate.

"This weekend. The students have a four day break." Aizawa explained.

"Which days?" Hizashi questioned, swallowing his last bite.

"This Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday." Aizawa answered, picking up the plates and bringing them to the sink.

"Is Shoto going back to the dorms or-" Hizashi said.

"He's staying here. All of the other students are going home." The ravenette reasoned.

"Okay. More bonding time!" The blonde smiled widely. "We could watches movies and bake and-"

"Eri's gonna stay here for those days, the school's gonna be completely shut." Aizawa butted in.

"Have you told Shoto yet?" Hizashi raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"Not yet, but I think they'd be able to help each other. Trauma and all." Aizawa announced, leaning back against the kitchen sink.

"You're right." The blonde smiled. "You're one cunning man, Shouta." He got up and planted a quick kiss on his spouse's cheek, who batted him away.

5 minutes later

Todoroki emerged from the bathroom, bidding the adults a goodnight before returning to his room. His phone was buzzing incessantly, and once he saw the contact he willing picked up.

"Fuyumi?" He breathed happily.

"Sho! I just wanted to check in!" Her voice crackled down the line.

"I- I'm fine. A bit stressed and all."

"That's to be expected. I've decorated my new apartment fully!"

"That's good."

"Maybe you can come over for dinner this weekend?" 

"I'd have to ask Aizawa and Hizashi but I'm sure it'd be fine."

"That's great! Well, I have to grade some papers. Bye Shoto!"

"Bye Fuyumi." Todoroki hung up, swiping down to inspect the notifications. He, albeit a bit reluctantly, chose to look at the class group chat.

KirishimaEjirou

did u all here what MoNoMa said at lunch?

IidaTenya

*hear

BakugouKatsuki

shut it, four eyes. Yeah, shitty hair, i heard

HagakureTooru

Hes a bitch

IidaTenya

*He's ... and language!

SeroHanta

i swear i'll tape mOnOmA to the ceiling if he says anything again

ShotoTodoroki

Guys, seriously it's fine.

KirishimaEjirou

Todobro! hru?

ShotoTodoroki

I'm fine- just don't worry about the whole Monoma thing please.

BakugoKatsuki

i wanna blast him to hell tho

ShotoTodoroki

It's fine. It was just a one time thing.

Todoroki sighed, putting his phone on the nightstand. He really didn't need the whole of Class 1-A protecting him- it would just reinforce Monoma's earlier statement about him 'needing friends to protect him'. He didn't need protection, he was still the same Shoto Todoroki, only they all knew his family's dark secrets.

Dark secrets brought to light. He never thought that phrase would relate to his family at all. Honestly, he'd thought he'd grow up through the abuse and move out the second he could. Maybe it would've been better that way; no one would pity him. 

Todoroki shook himself out of that train of thought, sighing again as he shut his phone off. One glance at the digital clock on his nightstand told him it was 21:15. Usually he would be lying, cold and injured on the training room floor at this time, but not now. Now, he was getting ready for an early night, to mentally prepare himself for the next day. 

4:15am

Todoroki sat up with a gasp, blue blankets flopping off the bed. His father's figure dissolved into darkness, proving it was just another nightmare. The teen laid back down with a sigh, heart pounding and sweating extensively. The blue of the room no longer felt like his mother's safe arms- it felt like a stormy ocean, drowning, suffocating him. 

Luckily, he hadn't made too much noise so no one else was alerted. Although Todoroki would never admit it, he was kind of wishing for the comfort his guardians had to offer. But he decided he would be fine by himself, and he could calm himself down.

He did not fall asleep again.

7:05am

The alarm clock next to his bed buzzed relentlessly. Todoroki heaved a groan, rolling over to slam it off. Hours of staring at a ceiling wasn't the nicest way to spend time. 

He got dressed in the dark, not bothering to draw back the curtains. Just the thought of going outside today was annoying. No sounds echoed throughout the apartment, so Todoroki reckoned he was the first awake. 

~

The windows in the living room were uncovered, casting an eerie light on the kitchen where Todoroki had moved to. The silence only added to the unnerving atmosphere, and the teen shifted nervously, waiting for the toast to pop up.

Todoroki startled when toast sprung up, panic running through his veins. Had he woken them up- would they be angry? No. No one heard, he was fine.

Breathing in, he grounded himself and grabbed the toast. He set in on a plate he'd found drying on the wrack and smeared a thin layer of butter on top.

"Shoto?" Todoroki almost jumped when a voice came from the doorway. He spun around to see Hizashi, whose blonde hair was spilled loosely over his white pyjama top.

"Uh good morning Sens- Hizashi." Todoroki corrected the name, sitting down at the table with his food.

"How are you?" Hizashi joined the teen with a yawn, carelessly grabbing an orange from the fruit basket.

"I- I'm okay. How about you?" Todoroki replied stiffly, cutting the toast into quarters.

"Hmm I'm tired." Hizashi replied. His fingernails picked at the orange's skin sleepily.

"Where's Aizawa?" Todoroki asked flatly.

"Oh he had patrol last night." The blonde asked with an exhausted smile.

"Ah I see." The teen returned the smile awkwardly.

"He'll be back in a couple of minutes." Hizashi reassured, finally breaking through the orange peel. As if summoned, Aizawa shoved through the front door with a huge yawn.

"Good morning." He drawled, hanging up his capture weapon on a coat hook.

"Goooooood morning babe!" Hizashi flung his arms around his spouse, apparently more awake now.

"Morning." Todoroki replied absent-mindedly.

"We have a staff meeting today, so we're going to go in early." Aizawa announced, stealing a banana for himself.

"You can stay in the staff room, Shoto!" Hizashi beamed. More social interaction... this day really wasn't going well for the dual-haired teen.

"Oh okay." Todoroki finished the last bite of his toast. "I'm just going to get my bag." With that, he left to the blue bedroom only to return a minute later with his bag.

"Let's go then." Aizawa was already at the door, paperwork held messily in one hand and sleeping bag in the other. Hizashi hurtled out the bathroom, where he'd been fixing up his hair in his gravity-defying style.

"C'mon, little listener!" The blonde opened the front door with a flourish, leading the other males to the car.

20 minutes later

The car swung into the U.A. gates with practised ease, and Aizawa parked it neatly in their designated space. 

"Let's get going then." The underground pro announced, slipping out the car. Hizashi and Todoroki were quick to follow through the front doors and hallway.

"What's the meeting about?" Hizashi whined, smoothing a hand up his blonde hair.

"Just going over safety for the break again." Aizawa replied.

"Break?" Todoroki asked.

"This Friday, through to next Monday." Aizawa explained, glancing back at the teen.

"Ah of course." Todoroki looked at his feet.

"And, Eri's going to stay with us for that duration." The pro continued.

"Oh okay." The teen replied, showing no outward reaction. Internally, he wasn't sure about having a young child running around the house like he'd never been able to. He was the youngest as well, and honestly was terrible at handling kids.

"I think you'd get along. Give some each other advice for coping." Aizawa pushed open the staff room door. 

"I see." Todoroki replied following his guardians through.

"Todoroki!" Midnight leapt up from the the leaf green sofa and strode towards the trio.

"Um hi." Todoroki replied, rubbing his arm awkwardly. 

"It's good to see you!" The pro continued with a shiny smile.

"Uh yeah you too." The teen pointedly avoided the attentive gazes of the other teachers.

"You can stay here. We'll be back after the meeting." Aizawa announced, the rest of the teachers getting up to stand near the door.

"Okay." Todoroki nodded in confirmation and the adults left, leaving him alone. Aimlessly, he wandered over to the sofa and pulled out his phone.

IzukuMidoriya

morning!

IzukuMidoriya

Want to walk to school together?

ShotoTodoroki

I'm already there.

IzukuMidoriya

Already?!!!

ShotoTodoroki

Aizawa and Hizashi had a meeting

IzukuMidoriya

Hizashi?

ShotoTodoroki

Yamada-Sensei/ Present Mic

IzukuMidoriya

Oh of course XD well i need to get ready now so bai

ShotoTodoroki

Bye.

Todoroki stuffed his phone back into his blazer pocket messily. He leaned down to rifle through his schoolbag, retrieving a sketchpad and pencils. 

He naturally relaxed as he sketched the lines lightly, filling them in once he liked the position. 

22 minutes later

The sketch was forming into Hizashi and Aizawa, Todoroki standing in the middle with a wide smile. The real Todoroki's smile matched the one on the paper, rare and blissful. 

A small sniffle behind the teen caused him to whip around, startling at the collection of teachers behind the sofa, looking at his drawing.

"You're such a good drawer Todoroki!" Midnight cried, wiping at her watering eyes.

"I agree." Cementoss said in his usual calm monotone. How did Todoroki not see them come in?!

"Um uh thank you." Todoroki replied, twisting the pencil nervously between his fingers.

"Let's get to homeroom." Aizawa came forward. Todoroki nodded hurriedly, stuffing his things back his bag and swinging it over his shoulder.

"Have a good day Shoto!" Hizashi called from his desk, where he had retreated to grade some English papers.

"I will, you too." Todoroki followed Aizawa out the door and down the corridor to homeroom. Once they had arrived, the pro set up his yellow sleeping bag by the podium, settling into it as Todoroki took a seat at his desk.

"How are you, Shoto?" Aizawa piped up randomly after a few minutes of silence.

"Fine." Todoroki replied.

"The truth?"

"I'm better than yesterday." The teen reasoned, refusing to look up from his book.

"Shoto, can you look at me?" Aizawa sighed.

"Yeah..?" Todoroki set down the book, heterochromic eyes meeting the dark ones of his guardian.

"It's okay to not be okay." Aizawa said softly.

"I'm fine." Todoroki insisted again.

"If you say so..." Aizawa muttered.

3 hours later

Lunch rolled around quickly enough, despite the tedious maths lesson from Ectoplasm.

"Hey Todoroki!" Iida called, walking up to his desk while chopping his hands.

"Yeah, Iida?" Todoroki suppressed a yawn and packed up his things.

"We're waiting for you!" The older teen gestured towards the door, where Uraraka and Midoriya smiled.

"Ah, I'm coming." Todoroki nodded, slinging his bag over one shoulder. The strange, jittery feeling he got after having nightmares had not faded yet, and he was not up for socialising but refusing would raise concerns. Concerns Todoroki didn't need.

The quadruplet walked into the hallway, Uraraka skipping along a few steps ahead. 

"Oh look, it's Daddy Issues." Monoma pushed himself of the wall he'd been leaning on. 

"Go away Monoma." Uraraka slipped into her fiercely protective mode. 

"Still having other people to stick up for you?" Monoma addressed Todoroki with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"What do you want?" Todoroki sighed, facing the blonde. 

"I just want to talk to you, Daddy Issues." Monoma said with a sly smile. 

"His name is Todoroki!" Midoriya insisted.

"As a U.A. student, you should respect fellow students." Iida announced.

"Let's just go to lunch." Todoroki said, turning back around.

"Oi, you can't just walk away!" Monoma raised his voice, grabbing for the heterochromic teen, who flinched out of the way. 

"I can." Todoroki retorted, trying to hide the shake in his voice. 

"Yeah! Let's go!" Uraraka supported. She linked an arm with Todoroki and dragged him away, followed closely by Iida and Midoriya.

"We should tell the teachers about him." Iida ordered, catching up with them.

"It's fine." Todoroki replied.

"But it is incredibly disrespectful, not to mention he got in your personal space!" Iida continued.

"I'm not fragile. I can manage." Todoroki insisted as they arrived in the cafeteria. 

"Okay, but if it happens again we're telling." Iida reasoned.

"Fine, we will." Todoroki agreed reluctantly. 

~

A couple of minutes later, the four were settled at a table with their lunches. Todoroki's mouth was almost watering when he looked down at the Soba, its perfect grey-brown colour enticing him to eat. He grabbed at the chopsticks, deftly shoving some of the noodles in his mouth.

"You really love Soba." Midoriya laughed from beside him.

"I do." Todoroki confirmed with the barest hint of a smile. 

"What about hot Soba?" Uraraka piped up from opposite him. Todoroki shook his head vigorously, jokingly pouting at the idea. This action gained peels of laughter from the other three. 

"It's almost as bad as the Hand Crusher curse." The heterochromic teen explained.

"Eh?" Uraraka tilted her head to the side, raising a brown eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"Todoroki thinks he's cursed." Iida informed her.

"What? Why?!" The brunette exclaimed.

"Apparently, whenever he's involved someone's hand gets damaged." Midoriya explained with a grin.

"It's true!" Todoroki was properly smiling at this point. "First you, and then Iida!"

"Oh look, Daddy Issues is pretending he doesn't have a care in the world." The quadruplet looked up to see Monoma standing at the head of their table.

"Go away!" Midoriya demanded, standing to his full height. 

"Why should I? He's basically a murderer- preventing Endeavor from saving all those people." Monoma continued with a morbid glint in his blue eyes. 

"He's not!" Uraraka cried.

"Guys, seriously, it's fine." Todoroki attempted to placate them, although rage was simmering under his skin.

"It is not fine!" Iida announced. "I am going to tell Aizawa-Sensei."

"Don't." Todoroki used an authoritive note in his tone, making Iida look at him and sigh.

"Next time." He breathed, sitting back down with a withering glare at Monoma. The blonde just let out a high-pitched laugh and allowed himself to be dragged back to his table by other class 1-B students.

"You okay, Todoroki?" Uraraka asked softly.

"Please- call me Shoto." Todoroki said weakly.

"Ah, I do believe we are all close enough to be on first name basis!" Iida announced, suddenly perking up.

"Yeah! Well, you can call me Izuku!" Midoriya face lit up with a blinding grin.

"I'm Ochacko!" Uraraka giggled.

"Tenya!" Iida put in.

"Right. You okay, Shoto?" Uraraka asked again, emphasising the use of Todoroki's first name.

"Uh yeah, don't worry." Todoroki replied. He stuffed another mouthful of Soba in.

"We always worry! That's what friends are supposed to do!" Midoriya said. 

"Thanks, Midori- Izuku." Todoroki tried to offer a reassuring smile.

~

The rest of lunch passed without a hitch, and soon enough the Dekusquad were walking towards Gym Gamma. Trust their luck, for a particular 1-B blonde to make his return... again.

"Oi, Daddy Issues!" Monoma called, catching up to the group.

"What do you want?" Todoroki asked, internally sighing.

"I have a question." The blonde announced.

"It better now be offensive!" Iida cut in, chopping his arms.

"Go on." Todoroki said tiredly. 

"I saw you save your mother on the news the other day. Why didn't you save her from your father?" Monoma spat, grinning viciously. 

Todoroki opened his mouth and then closed it again.

"Or was she just too mental then. Oh, isn't she still mental now?!" Monoma giggled. 

Todoroki snapped.

Soon, Monoma's mouth was frozen in ice. 

Todoroki's ice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 503 42
IN WHICH y/n is forced into a relationship with shoto todoroki. ☆ CREDITS !! • story creds go to -BAKUGOSHOTO • character creds go to koh...
6.7K 138 9
Shoto Todoroki has been abused by his father since his quirk developed. Once he got accepted into UA he found it harder and harder to hide this fact...
483 22 22
modern au (quirkless) Y/n, an aspiring actress meets Shoto Todoroki, someone who doesn't have a true aspiration but rather is living to accomplish hi...
70.6K 2.2K 18
[COMPLETE] The sequel is out! - Dysphoria || TodoBaku •°•°•°• Anytime he'd speak, Todoroki would be abused by his father. So, he replaced his voice w...