Disguised as a Nerd

By cypher_taetae4

Book 1 of the Series! Vanessa Lee is a famous fashion designer and has a cosmetic line. At school, she is jus... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Author's Note

Chapter 31

16.5K 619 139
By cypher_taetae4

I admire his outfit, his face, everything. This boy has really made himself comfortable to take my breath away. 

"You look beautiful, as always," Asher compliments me.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby yourself," I joke trying to make my nerves go away. He chuckles at my comment.

"Oh, I almost forgot, these are for you," Asher leans to give me a boutique of roses. I admire them and thank him. The gesture might mean nothing to some but to me it means everything. It shows he is willing to try. 

I grab the roses out of his hands, I'm about to speak but I'm cut off by a dramatic cough.

"I see you couldn't wait, Asher, remember to not have her out too late. I'll put the roses in water for you Vanessa, now go have fun!" Amelia interrupts our moment.

Asher leads me out and into his car and I was about to call victory but I'm wishing for too much.

"Remember to use protection!" Amelia yells from the front door and closes it before I could run back and kill her. I laugh awkwardly as Asher seats himself next to me, ready to exit Amelia's driveway.

"Can I please know where we are headed to?" I ask trying to make a conversation happen.

"Nope, it's a surprise, waiting won't hurt you," Asher jokes. 

"Fine, but I swear if you're planning on kidnapping me, I won't be easy on you," I joke.

"Promise I won't. Could you put this blindfold on? We are twenty minutes away from our destination and I want everything to be a surprise," Asher asks. I nod and grab the blindfold next to me. Once I put it on, my curiosity only worsens. 

I feel the breeze blow across my face that isn't covered with the blindfold and take in everything. So far, it's nice, I could just be beside him and it would be perfect.

Asher slowly turns on the music on his car trying his best to not scare me at the sudden noise.

I relax knowing that I fully trust him to take me anywhere.

After what felt for an eternity, I feel the car slow down and move as if it's parking. 

"Don't take off your blindfold yet," Asher says before parking the car and getting off. I wait for him to say anything but I get nothing. The only thing I hear is kids yelling in the background. I get even more confused at where we might be. The door next to me finally opens and Asher's soothing voice appears.

"I'll guide you out the car, careful," Asher guides me as gentle as he can. He locks the car and helps me. As we continue walking, the yelling of children gets louder.

"I'll take the blindfold off, close your eyes," Asher proceeds to do what he says.

"Okay open your eyes," Asher finally says. 

My feelings are all over the place. I'm shocked to see what he planned. My face lits up as I take in all the roller coasters, rides, and fun colors that surround us.

"Hope you don't mind that we came to an amusement park..." Asher speaks nervously.

"Are you kidding me?! I love it!" I truthfully say. 

"Well, let's go!" Asher speaks more confidently, he proceeds to grab my hand and leads me further into the park. I look at our hands intertwined and the smile he carries on his face. He looks carefree, not the Asher from a couple of days ago, all stressed.

"So, do you like calm and small rides or big ones?" Asher asks.

"I want to ride all the big ones!" I respond excitedly. Asher looks at me surprised and proceeds to walk.

"You don't look like the type of person to enjoy the big and dangerous rides, most girls are afraid of them," he admits.

"True, but I'm not like most girls," I respond back. By this time Asher has already taken us to the line of a roller coaster. The line wasn't so long, I guess it's because of the time. 

"I wonder what else I don't know about you," Asher jokes around. My mood suddenly goes down at his words.

Will he be this happy once he knows the truth? Or will he push me away?

"Did I say something wrong?" Asher asks at my sudden change of mood. 

"Huh? Not at all. Look we're next!" I excitedly point towards the ride.

Asher guides me inside our cart and makes sure I'm secured in my seat. I take a deep breath and wait for the ride to begin. The carts behind were still getting filled in. 

Finally, the speakers go off telling us the rules. This is where my adrenaline goes up. Asher grabs my hand tightly. I grab his hand back with the same force. Now, it sets in. I'm with Asher, on our first date, and he claims to like me. I hope this day never ends. I'm afraid that once this day ends, things could go back to how they were. Hopefully, things could start looking up for us. 

Am I asking for too much?

And with that, the ride starts, at a tremendous speed. We begin going forward and taking such big turns. There were times that you could see the whole amusement park. Asher keeps laughing which pairs up with my laughter. I'm not much of a screamer. It was nice. We were near the end, by the door, but suddenly we start moving backward.

Then it hit me. The ride wasn't over, we still had half of the ride left. Then, the speed goes up and we travel across the whole track again, this time backward. I loved it though. 

"Did you like it?" Asher asks me once we leave the ride. 

"Definitely, it was something new, but enjoyable," I admit. 

That's how we spent the rest of our night. We would go to rides and enjoy them together. He also liked to hand me lots of food, I'm not complaining though. It was around 11:30 that we decided to try to win a stuffed animal. We were aiming for this fluffy white teddy bear. 

Asher had failed to knock off all 6 cups stacked together. It will always end up with him knocking all of them except for one cup.

"Can I try?" I ask. He nods and hands me the three ping pong balls. I pray that I get to knock off at least one cup. If I don't, I'll just be embarrassed. 

I take a deep breath and throw the first ball. I close my eyes, scared of the result. I hear Asher chuckle at my reaction.

I open my eyes and see that I've managed to knock off the top three cups. I look at him surprised. He gives me a thumbs-up as encouragement. Now, the last three cups. 

I throw the next ball and see that I got to knock off two cups. I throw the next ball without any hope of actually hitting the last cup. I turn my back ready to call it a loss but I hear the sound of a cup falling into the ground. 

"Vanessa you did it!" Asher exclaims excitedly.

I look back to see a stand without any cups left on it. 

"Angel Face you did it!" says a voice behind us. I look behind me confused. No one calls me that except for Noah. Are they here?

"Here! You earned it," Asher hands me the white teddy bear. It breaks me out of my suspicion and I hug the teddy bear with so much force. 

"How about we go to the Ferris wheel before we leave?" Asher suggests. I look at his face and nod with a full smile. 

Once we are up into the air, we see the park beautifully lighted up. Asher is seated across from me admiring the park as well. 

"Vanessa, be honest, did you like our date?" Asher asks.

"Yeah I did, by the way, thank you for this night."

"No problem..." 

I turn to look at Asher and see him already looking back. We stay like that for a bit and I see him slowly leaning in. We come together at last and share our second kiss. This time our kiss was even sweeter. Asher smiles in the middle of it and I swear my whole body is about to explode. 

He's happy. Our night was complete, he was happy and it's all that matters.

We break apart and Asher looks at me.

"Vanessa, will you be my girlfriend?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921K 31.8K 66
Eva Willow, a 17 year old blind girl who moves to a new town with her two sisters to live with her uncle. She has a lot of secrets and wants to lay l...
957K 39.2K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
17.8K 528 24
Amira and Asher were inseparable from the ages of 1-13. How could they not be? They lived right beside each other, and they were the best of friends...
122 0 30
Aspen, an ordinary highschool student living an ordinary life. She takes the bus to and from school everyday and she hates it. Until one day someone...