Peter: always gets back up.

By flowerpatchparties

Peter has been an orphan almost his whole life. Going in and out of abusive foster homes hasn't been easy for... More

Peter meet the Johnsons
Ned and MJ
The job.
Nick Spent
Wheres Spiderman
Silver Crow
Caught.
Your innocent.
The Stranger in the mirror + flinching
Nick Spent is back!
Thanks bros
what is going on with you?
Denial.
Anger
PTSD
Nick Spent is back for a third time.
this is for you.
Happy Easter!
New Projects!
tagged :)
A new book!
update finally
Cherish

The Rogues come back

3.4K 134 78
By flowerpatchparties

A/N: Sorry this isn't edited I just really wanted to put something out there. I will come back and edit it later maybe. This one is a long one! 2000 words (my usual amount is 700- 1000) Hope out enjoy 😊

__________

The rogues where coming back. This worried Tony, it had only been a little while since Peter came back from... Everything.

Peter was still going through things. His story wasn't over.

And oh, of course when Steve found out, if Steve found out about Peter's past, who knows how he would react.

Tony didn't even know how Steve would react to him being a parent.

Peter was different, and Tony knew it. He was tougher, quicker to guard himself. Of course Peter was still the same lovable person Tony had known before, but expiriences shape who you are.

And when you have expiriences where you have to fend for yourself, you don't loose that.

Meeting new people was really hard for Peter. After all, his whole life he had been meeting new people, and every time they said they were his friends.

That is until they were alone. Peter had caught on, that people can pretend to be nice, and then they are able to hurt you even more.

Pepper was running around preparing the house, fluffing the last few throw pillows in preparation for their new house mates, while Tony gave Peter one last quick pep talk.

"Now Peter, remember, I've known these people for a long time. You can trust them. If you ever feel to uncomfortable with something, just tell me."

Tony was like a coach giving out the game plan to the team, just minutes before they had to start the game.

Peter nodded, "Right." But really, inside his head all he could think about was how they had almost killed his dad. All he could think about was that if it were him, he wouldn't have let them back into their lives.

The rogues had done the exact same thing to  Tony as Mr. Johnson, and every other foster care family had done to Peter.

They were supposedly friends with Tony until something cracked, and they tried to kill him.

Tony seemed to calm with all that was happen. Peter had put concealer over the scar

A ding from the elevator shocked Peter back into reality.

Peter could feel his heartbeat in his throat, not knowing why he was so anxious.

The rogues stepped out of the elevator that they had all packed into.

Natasha, who had been dubbed a rogue by the law, Steve, Bucky, Sam, Clint and Scott. Wanda was not their, as she was a minor when everything had happened.

Peter felt himself tense, and his jaw clench, especially looking at Sam.

Rhodey visited the tower often, and Peter loved him like an uncle. Sam had almost killed him, and had hurt him badly.

"Hey Tony." Steve said, looking at Tony, Pepper and Peter.

"Hey Cap." Tony said.

Natasha spoke up next, "Thank you Tony... This is kind of you."

Tony smiled a bit, "Wait say it again, let me record that."

Natasha half smiled back.

"Uh, so, we all know Pepper, and you Tony, but, um, who's the kid?" Clint said, looking at Peter.

Tony nodded, "Everyone this is Peter, Peter this is everyone."

Peter nodded.

"So who is Peter to you?" Bucky asked now.

"Peter is me and Pepper's son." Tony said blankly.

Eyebrows were raised.

"When did that happen?" Steve joked a little.

Pepper smiled, "Well it has been a while."

"Peter has been in our lives for a long time, you guys just don't know everything about me." Tony said.

The rogues nodded.

"Well, I'm excited to get to know you Peter." Scott said.

Peter could feel his heart beating faster.

His instincts kicked in, "Of course! I'm very excited to get to know you as well!"

He sounded clearly animated and fake. Tony knew what was going on and inched closer to Peter, to remind him that he was their.

Scott laughed a little, slightly confused by the fake sounding answer, with a fake smile plastered across Peters face.

"So what do you do for fun Peter?" Sam asked politely to break the silence.

Peter froze. He didn't know what to say. Such a simple question, but he just couldn't answer, all he could think was about how when they got him alone they would hurt him. And living in fear of the future is horrible.

"Come on Peter, let's go." Tony said suddenly, taking Peter away from the situation, "You can meet the avengers later."

Peter nodded, then whispered something to Tony, so that no one but Tony could hear.

Tony and Peter had left to Peter's room.

Pepper now turned back to the rogue avengers.

They looked at her expectantly.

"So that's Peter. He's a sweet kid, I'm sure you all will love him." She said, as if nothing had happened.

"So, are we gonna ignore that?" Scott asked.

"Ignore what?" Pepper said innocently.

"The fact that it sounded like you rehearsed your son for meeting us, then Tony and him immediately left?" Steve said, slightly annoyed.

"Oh. That. Yes, we'll ignore that." Pepper said, then quickly moved on to showing the rogues to their rooms.

Now it was dinner time, and the rogues had had a few hours to settle in.

They ate in silence for a bit, and Clint watched as Peter had a protective arm around his plate.

He was squished in between Pepper and Tony, so he felt a bit more comfortable.

Clint chuckled a bit, "Hey Peter, we aren't gonna steal you're food."

Peter's eyes darted up to Clint for a moment before looking down at his plate shoving food in his mouth.

This whole situation was horrible; at any given moment the rogues could take him. They had access to his only safe place.

"Not much of a talker then, are you?" Steve said, attempting to lighten the mood.

Peter stared at Steve for a second before blatently saying, "I have trust issues."

The rogues laughed a little before realizing Peter was serious.

Sam looked surprised, "You don't really think you have trust issues... I mean, we're super heros, we've been through a lot, and we don't have trust issues."

Peter didn't want to get into an argument so he just looked back down at his place intensely.

Tony gave a stern glare to Sam as a warning.

"So are you all settled in?" Pepper asked, defusing the situation.

Natasha nodded, "Yeah, I think we all settled in pretty well." She looked to the other rogues for confirmation. They all nodded.

"Yeah... Although, we've been working on this case for a few days now, and we just can't seem to crack it." Scott said.

Tony perked up, "Oh? What's the case?"

"Mobs. Just kind of in general. There's one big mob we're trying to take down, it could decrease the minor crimes rate in New York by thirty percent." Steve said.

Peter stiffened, and Tony's eyes glaced to check on Peter.

"What the name of the mob boss?" Peter asked tensely.

Steve was at first taken aback, then said, "Esposito."

Peter was tense, but managed a grunt, "Esposito. Doesn't give you much, that's a pretty common last name. There's only two big Esposito's I know of though. Marco 'stiff bone' Esposito or Ramos 'strong arm' Esposito."

Now all the rogues looked at Peter surprised.

"Uh- Ramos I think. Strong arm was mentioned before so..." Steve said surprised once again.

A chill went up Peter's back, "Shit."

Tony and Pepper looked a Peter comprehensively.

Peter nervously started tapping his foot, "He's really still out there? Fuck... He's the worst of them... Fuuuck."

Peter gulped, unsuccessfully due to the lump in his throat, "It's fine.. It's totally fine. The Earth's mightiest heros are on it. No. No, no, no."

Pepper nodded o Tony, communicating through her eyes.

Tony was rubbing Peter's back, "Don't think about him Pete. Don't even think about him, he's not even near here."

"Johnson worked with him dad. Johnson. Ramos has killed people. So many people. I- I know." Peter's voice was shaking now.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. What can I do to help you stay calm. Does your friend... What's his name, Nick? Does he need a safe place to stay, would that make you feel better?" Tony asked. Tony knew Nick probably wouldn't be singled out by a huge mob boss, but then again better safe than sorry.

"Uh, yeah, he's not in the best area. Maybe. D-Dad, I just don't really want to talk about Ramos. Ever. I don't want to think about him."

"I know Pete. You don't have to." Tony said calmly, still rubbing Peter's back.

"How do you know about all of this?" Steve asked.

Tony quickly interupted, "His uncle's a cop."

Thankfully no one questioned the statement, although it didn't really work.

"Uh... Well anyway, we're going to interrogate some of the kids on the street, just cause they're easier to get info out of."

Peter shot up from his seat. He knew good and well the kids that were stuck in bad situations like his, the kids who were forced into the life, didn't have money for a lawyer like Tony had given Peter.

They might actually have unjust consequences if the avengers got them. And even if they didn't get caught, once they're respective mobs found out that they had blabbed to the avengers they would be cut off, or they even might die.

"No!" Peter said staring at Steve, "Don't. Mess. With. The. Kids."

"What?" Steve said confused.

"I said don't fucking mess with the kids. They can handle a lot of shit, but their mobs finding out the blabbed to the avengers?! How do you think it's going to end for them huh?!" Peter raged.

"Peter, stay calm." Pepper encouraged

"You seriously are so stupid! Do you think these kids volunteered to join the mob you ass?!" Peter continued on.

Steve looked at Peter, not knowing what to say.

"Don't even. This was a stupid idea dad. You should have told Fury no. We can't trust them." Peter said now more calm.

Before Tony could comfort Peter, Steve jumped back in, regaining his voice.

"You're just like your dad. I thought Tony was better, but if this is what you pick up on at home, he obviously isn't. What are you doing, swearing and yelling at Veterans, and heros?!" Steve said, not yelling as loud as Peter had been, but he still had a stern voice.

"Don't fucking bring my dad into this. This is your fault for triggering me, now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Not to mention, you threatened me." Peter said not yelling anymore, but voice also closed off and angry.

"Let's all calm down." Tony said.

"When did I threaten you?" Steve asked angrily, "It's one thing to not like me, but accuse me of things I didn't do!?"

"You literally said you were going to interrogate mob kids. They're my family. I'm a fucking mob kid you bitch!"

"Peter! Calm down, you're going to spiral. Remember the breathing techniques." Tony said.

Peter sat down and took a shaky breath.

"Fuck. Now I have to explain." Peter muttered.

The avengers sat in shock, "What do you mean you're a mob kid. You're Tony Starks kid."

"Yeah, now I am, only after all my family died, and I was put into multiple abusive foster care homes, the last one being the one that sent me to work delivering drugs and guns to mobs. I had to do it, they blackmailed me into it, saying they would kill me, and all of my friends if I didn't. It was pretty traumatic though. You know I'm just a kid, who has been held at gunpoint, stabbed, and threatened by New Yorks biggest mobs. Pretty scarring literally and metaphorically. So sorry that I didn't test you, it's just I trusted so many people, and they all stabbed me in the back, and hurt me. And sorry I got triggered when you mentioned a mob boss that gives me nightmares and PTSD. And sorry I wanted to defend all the other kids who are in a situation like I was, but I know how terrified they are, so I'm going to protect them no matter what."

Tears stung Peter's eyes, bad memories flooding his mind.

Tony again looked harshly at Steve and the others.

The rogues were dead silent, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry."

Well that's a start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 213 31
Hope Harper - Hope gets moved to another orphanage, meaning she has to uproot her whole life. Again. She knows what it's like to be the 'new girl' as...
193K 7.3K 21
Peter Parker is a foster kid, has been since he was 4 years old. Had a tough life. Tougher than it should've been. Doesn't believe in happy endings...
23.9K 952 36
Peter Stark was adopted by Tony Stark when he was 3 years old. He was always happy and bouncing off the walls. But 11 years later, when he is 14, he...
10.9K 318 1
Aside from feeling strange and having his Spidey Sense go off every five seconds, Peter is having a pretty good week. His Dad is home and he can even...