Linstead Returns

By JessBevan

This story based on 2 years after Erin left to go to New York to take a job to keep Bunny out of jail. I kept... More

Chapter 1: Hello Chicago
Chapter 2: First Day of School
Chapter 3: Shocked
Chapter 4: We caught a case
Chapter 5: Rip off the Bandaid
Chapter 6: Case Closed
Chapter 7: Home
Chapter 8: Happy
Chapter 9: Cheers
Chapter 10: Gear Up
Chapter 11: Sirens
Chapter 12: Bullets
Chapter 13: News
Chapter 14: 1 Month Later
Chapter 15: It was a good day
Chapter 16: Midnight
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Authors Note
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Authors Note
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Authours Note
Authors Note - Sequel

Chapter 71

1.5K 28 3
By JessBevan

Later that day, after Erin told Jay everything, moving the body, were they dumped it, how they moved it, that she asked Olinsky for help. Everything.

"Okay we have to go talk to Voight, he obviously doesn't know yet otherwise someone would have already come in here and taken him down to the ivory tower to talk to him" Jay said quietly to Erin in the locker room.

Just as they entered the bullpen, to detectives from the ivory tower came up and walked over to Alvin to ask him to go with them. Everyone looked confused and Erin especially looked like she was going to pass out, doing what she done was something in favour to Voight after helping her all those year's, but she has a family now. Children. She couldn't go to jail for this.

After everyone's confusion while Alvin was getting walked out of the district, Jay and Erin walked into Voight's office. Jay shutting the door behind them, Voight immediately knew something was up.

"Voight, they found binghams body." Jay said.

Voight looked at Erin who had worry written all over her face and then back at Jay.

"Okay, look we don't know why they took Alvin. Could be nothing, we just have to wait it out." Voight said trying to stay calm.

"Wait it out!" Jay started to raise his voice but Erin gentle pushed her hand on his back urging him to stop, she didn't want people to know what was going on. "Erin told me everything, she can't go down for this! We have a family now."

"No one is going down for anything, if someone is to blame here it's me. When it comes to the crunch I will turn myself in if I have too."

............................

The next morning, Alvin and Hank met up, Alvin filled Voight in with what they had said to him. They found a hair from Alvin on the body.

"Look I knew what I was getting into when I helped Erin move that body." Alvin said sipping on his morning coffee.

"Al I'm not letting anyone go down for this, I will turn myself in."

Al interrupted him "Only when it's time."

Voight nodded and handed him a envelope that had a suspect that they could pin this all on, he had broken into Alvins car the night they had moved the body.

......................

Later that morning, Jay stopped Hank in the car park. Hank was trying to convince Jay to just stay out of it and keep his cool.

"Jay, it's getting handled. They found a hair from Al on the body, so we are trying to figure something out."

Jay shocked, grabbed Hanks arm "Hank you have to tell me what's going on here, so I can help you."

Hank rested his hands on Jays shoulders "Jay too many people are already involved, you can't be. One day this unit will be yours, do the right thing."

Once they both had finished walked they walked up to the bullpen, only to find Alvin getting arrested.

Voight quickly walked over while everyone watched not knowing what to do "Hold on, what's going on here?"

One of the detectives said "Alvin Olinsky your under arrest for the murder of Kevin Bingham, please hand over your gun and badge."

They went to handcuff him which pissed Voight off even more "Hold on a minute, cuffs really? He's got 30 years in the job."

They just shook there had as they went to handcuff Alvin, everyone could tell Voight was trying hard not to show any emotion, as they walked out with Alvin he quietly said 'I got this' to Voight as he walked out the door.

.............................

Alvin ended up going to lockup until his bail hearing so Voight went in to see him.

"Hank, the evidence is week they don't have a strong case, we know that. I will get bail and we will go from there."

"Listen, I'm going to hire a lawyer and get you out of here."

"I don't want that, just make sure I get bail."

Hank was gritting his teeth, he couldn't be more furious, this was on him yet Alvin was still doing everything to protect him.

"Al, I can't let you do this."

Alvin shook his head "We have been through worse, we always get through it. Together."

...............................

2 days later, it was Alvins bond hearing. Voight in his ways assured Jay and Erin that everything was going to be okay, same with the rest of the time, but everyone was still worried. Alvin was part of their family and they had no idea what was going to happen.

Erin was fixing Jays tie, she had tears rolling down her face, he was wiping them away and trying to comfort her.

"Erin, you know Hank. He's going to fix this."

"Jay it's already gone way too far, why is Alvin even at a bond hearing? He should have never let it get to this."

"Hey come here" Jay bought her in for a hug "You know the code that Hank and Al share, no matter what they stick together. We will all get through this. I'm just thankful it's not you up there."

Erin quickly pulled away "But it should be, I mean it was my idea to move the body. I bought Alvin in, I didn't have to."

"Er, don't do that to yourself" Jay kissed the top of her forehead "Look we got to go"

She nodded at him as they both quickly walked out the door, leaving Noah and Camille with Will and Nat.

Everyone was at the courthouse, waiting anxiously. Erins palms were sweating, Jay kept squeezing her hand, he knew how scared she was. Voight was on her other side, he was just as bad. But he knew that what he had organised was going to work, but then a different judge walked out and his plan went out the window.

"Dependent is remanded into the custody of cook country jail, pending trial."

Everyone gasped, this was not what was meant to happen. Voight was the first to get up, angrily making his way to the judges office. The judge told him their was nothing he could do, but they could fight to appeal. So that was their next step.

...............................

Hank walked up the steps, everyone was standing there. He tried to walk through them but everyone had questions, he just tried assuring them that everything was going to be fine, he would be out soon. But he didn't know if that was true anymore.

"So what's the next step sarge?" Adam said.

"Have you talked to Al and his lawyer?" Hailey said.

"They going to appeal the bond hearing?" Jay said walking behind Voight while he was ignored, so he repeated himself a few times finally getting Voight to stop "I asked you a question!"

Hank turned around and cleared his throat "Als going to be out of there, real soon."

"What's that mean exactly?" Jay was pressing him, everyone was looking at him, they knew this was not the time and place. Erin slowly started to make her way to Jays side, she knew how this was going.

Voight tilted his head back and then looked at Jay "Means I'm taking care of it, just can't get into the details right now."

"Why not?" Jay said still pressing.

"I appreciate your concern, but you gotta back off now."

Jay started pointing at Hank and walking closer, everyone inching behind him "I need to know what I can do to help Al and all I'm hearing from you his nothing!"

Hank quickly started to push Jay "Because you don't know what your talking about!" Everyone was quick to pull the both off each other, but they were still trying to get into it.

"Enough!" Erin yelled, which stopped them. Hank turning around and going into his office while everyone else tried to calm Jay down, as well as themselves.

Erin and Hailey walked into the locker room were they had to pretty much drag Jay in.

"Jay it's not the time right now." Erin said.

"Erin stop protecting him!" Jay yelled at her, that didn't help the situation, it just made her frustrated and she knew talking to him now would get her nowhere so she left, leaving Hailey and Jay alone.

"Jay what is going on?" Hailey asked.

"The day we found out about what happened, I tried to tell Voight to tell me what I could do to help and all he gave me was that someday this unit will be mine, do it the right way."

Hailey leant up against a locker "Wow."

"Yeah, but Hailey I'm not ready for that now."

"Let's just see what happens okay?"

"Okay." Jay nodded.

.................................

That night, Voight rang the two detectives involved, to turn himself in, but just as they were about to get it all on camera Voight got a phone call. Alvin had been stabbed multiple times and was on his way to med. Voight quickly got up and ran out the door.

Hank met up with the ambulance as they were bringing Alvin into the ED.

"I got this, I got this." Alvin kept repeating as Voight held his hand.

"I know, they are going to fix you up. It's going to be okay." Voight continually nodding, squeezing onto his hand which was slowly pulled away as they took him up to the OR.

Hank waited until the corridor for what felt like days before a doctor finally came out and told him that Olinsky didn't make it, he dropped to the ground. This was on him, how was he going to tell everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 388 38
After Detective Mia Sumner was kicked from intelligence the unit was in need of a new member. Having Officer Kevin Atwater join the crew along with a...
203K 3.6K 49
[ season 2,3 & 4 of Chicago P.D. ] [undergoing minor grammar and spelling editing] Life hasn't been kind to Spencer Grey. She's been through more tha...
89.3K 1.4K 56
This story will be about detective Jay Halstead and detective Erin Lindsay from NBC Chicago PD. This story is about their everyday lives being hero's...
37.4K 513 35
Jordan Hermandez used to be a ranger with Jay but left a few years before him due to her mother's illness. They never spoke again or even knew if eac...