Time Flies(Editing In Progres...

By Writer_Addict1205

She thought no one would love a broken girl, he thought there were more pieces to love. ~Daniel Jonathan Park... More

Author Note
Character aesthetic and Short Summary
Chapter 1-The Beginning
Chapter 2-A Favor
Chapter 3-The Interview
Chapter 4-The Unexpected
Chapter 5-The Fashion Show
Chapter 6-Meeting the Friends
Chapter 7-The Past
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8- A fresh start
Chapter 9-Beginning of us
Chapter 10-The Revelation
Chapter 12-Unexpected Guest
Chapter 13- Things are fine
Chapter 14-Surprise
Chapter 15-You Are Mine
Chapter 16-The Deal
Chapter 17-Parting Away
Chapter 17 Part 2
Chapter 18-New York, Here I Come
Chapter 19-Moving On
Chapter 20-Back In Your Arms
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21-Why?
Chapter 22-Fight Back
Chapter 23-Waking up
Chapter 24-I love you
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 25-Happy
Chapter 26-I can't believe this is happening now
Chapter 27-Trouble
Chapter 28-Unfolding a chapter of the past
Chapter 29-Letting go
Chapter 30- Us
Chapter 31-I do
Chapter 31 Part 2
Chapter 32-The End

Chapter 11-The Gala Night

268 81 7
By Writer_Addict1205

Tuesday afternoon

Ava

Two days went by in a blur. Today I am going to attend one of the biggest events in the city as David's girlfriend and meet his parents. I was nervous. I never attended big events like these let alone meet someone's parents before. We were watching TV together on the couch but my mind was somewhere else and David noticed.

"Are you okay? You seem distracted." My head resting on his shoulder and he had his hand enveloped on my waist. I kept fidgeting with his t-shirt as I thought about it. I was nervous hence distracted and he felt that. 

I take my head off his shoulder and face him. "I am nervous, David. I have never been to such events and meeting your parents. I am not coming."

"Ava, You are coming. That's it. I know my parents will love you." He holds my hand. In the past two days, we have talked about this a thousand times already, and still, I cannot make my overthinking self not think about it and stay calm.

This was all new to me and I was more nervous about meeting his parents than I was nervous for the Gala."Hey, I don't have anything to wear. So I am so not going." I came up with an excuse. I had a closet full of clothes yet I had nothing suiting for the event.

"Nice excuse, you know Jessica is coming here." Shit! I forgot about this. I don't know why I can't make up my mind about it. I felt something bad was about to happen."I have a bad feeling about this."

"Everything will be fine, Ava."
David holds my hands and looks up at me. I was a bit relieved at the moment but still, I was anxious.

"I am sorry to have to interrupt your moment. I invited myself in because the front door was open. David, Who is it that I have to doll up? We are already late." We look behind to where the voice originated. I saw a beautiful girl. She had a fairly dark complexion with amber eyes and dark brown hair. I was guessing she is Jessica. We get up and walk to her and she looks at her watch."We are late by five minutes."

"Jessica, Meet Ava, and Ava Jessica."
David introduces us as we share a firm handshake. "Nice to meet you. Now enough of the chit-chat. I have to get her ready. Though I don't think she will need much time."

"Yeah, Ok fine. I will leave you two to get dressed."  David leaves me with Jessica. All of this was getting me even more scared. I have never been to such Gala's or parties. There is always a first time but can't help but be nervous. I loved David and he is important to me. I wanted his parents to like me and I was worried they won't and judge me as Silver did. "Let's go to my room, Shall we?

Two men followed her. One was holding a dozen of clothes on a hanger and the other was holding all other things which I assumed were makeup and hair styling products. The men leave after setting the stuff in my bedroom.

Jessica looks at every dress looking at me. She nods and raises her eyebrows to every dress she thinks wouldn't look nice on me. She left me with three choices she thought would look best on me."You can select one of these three dresses to wear tonight."

"This must cost thousands." I look at the dresses and was stunned. It must be expensive as hell. When I used to read magazines and shop online I used to browse through prom dresses, party wear dresses and though I couldnt afford them I would just look at them and dream about wearing them. These dresses looked somewhat like the ones I used to see.

"Don't worry about it. David pays me well." Jessica says chuckling. David has already done me a lot of favors. I was conflicted. I am sure I can find something to wear from my closet."I don't know."

"We don't have much time. So I have three dresses for you. You can choose one which you like. You can try on each one of them to decide." Jessica glares at me and raised her voice a bit and I immediately agreed."Okay."

Jessica showed me the options she chose for me to wear for tonight. The dresses she showed were beautiful but my mind was on their prices. I would not be able to buy even one of them even if I saved up for months. David does a lot for me and I feel like I am using him for his money. I will have a talk with him about this later. I try on the dresses Jessica selected. I take a look in the mirror and she would describe the dress.

I don't know why I liked the second one the most. It felt like David would like it when I wear that."You are right. I like the second one the most." She helps me wear the dress and then gets on to hair and makeup. She lets my hair open and goes with the natural and minimal makeup as I insisted.
She puts on a clip on my hair and the mumbles."You look breathtaking. I am sure David will be speechless when he sees you."

I stood up to take a look at the mirror and I was surprised to see myself like this. For the first time, not only I looked good I felt beautiful. The dress was on another level and the hairstyling. Jessica was good at her job. It was loving to see me like this. I did feel like I was Cinderella from her ball. I wanted to see David's reaction to this. "Thank you, Jessica. It's all because of you."

"Don't underestimate yourself. It's your charm too. You know you are the first girl I helped." She smiles and I look back in the mirror. I can't believe my eyes. This is like a dream.

I didn't believe Jessica's words. I know he wasn't in a serious relationship with anyone except Maisha but he must have dates.
"You are kidding, right? He must have a date right. I am sure I am not the only one."

"Give yourself some credit and no he always used to go with his sister or Kathy. Now let's get a reaction from David. Shall we?" It made me feel special. Knowing that I was the only girl David is going to take me as his date made my heart flutter but that also made me uneasy because the expectations that will put upon me would be high. Everyone will look up at me as David's girlfriend, his date. There is a gut feeling which says to me that something is going to go wrong but I think I will be fine as long as I have David by my side.

David was waiting for me downstairs when we came out. As soon as he turned around. He couldn't stop looking at me neither could I. He looked so different in that white tux. For the first time, I saw his hair perfectly gelled and set. He had shaved and I could smell the cologne he usually wears. I smiled at him and stood in front of him. He didn't say anything.

Damn, I knew David looks attractive every time but today he looked like a Greek God. My Prince Charming. It was like a fairytale. We fitted the theme so well.

His smile. My heart skipped a beat when he winks at me flashing his contagious smile. Can my eyes and attention be somewhere else when he looks like that?

His glinting brown eyes, his intoxicating smile, and his charming personality were all I could think of. I was attracted like a magnet and can't seem to move. Jessica said something and I giggled. He said goodbye to Jessica without taking his eyes off me and I chuckled.

David

I was already standing downstairs waiting for her. I turned around when I heard the clinking of her heels and as soon as I turned around I was speechless. I couldn't take my gaze off her like always.

When my gaze met her, I was drawn to her eyes. David was waiting for me downstairs when we came out. She was wearing an off-shoulder, tulle, floor-length ball gown. The gown was sky blue and it matches well with her shimmering blue eyes.

Her blue eyes captivated me. If only she knew how her eyes make me love her even more. She looked so classy yet composed. Pretty face, sparkling blue eyes the kind you will never forget once you set your eyes on. She had minimum makeup and she let her hair loose.

Her eyes were glowing and when she gives a smile seeing me, a dimple forming at the end of her cheek as she lowers her gaze. My heart melts. She looked like Cinderella. She did justice to the fairytale theme. When she was coming down the stairs I was lost.  Completely lost. Is it possible to love someone more every time you see them because I fall for her more and more I spend time with her? She stood in front of me giggling with Jessica and I couldn't get a word out of my mouth.

"My job is done here. I am leaving. Bye David, See you soon." Jessica says and I say goodbye without moving my gaze from Ava.

"How do I look?" She asks me. I couldn't get words out of her mouth. I just gaze into her eyes and see her smiling. "You...I...Uhm. I don't know. I have fallen in short of words."

"Well. You look extremely charming like Prince charming. My Prince in shining armor." I could feel my cheeks redden. I was flushed and it was visible. I look up at his brown eyes and gasped. I couldn't take my eyes away. I was enchanted.
"Let's go. Our ride is waiting for us."
I put my hand in David and smiled looking up at him. As we came out I saw a limo parked. I squealed in joy. Are we going in the limo today?"We are going in a limo."

He opens the door and I sit down. David sits beside me closing the door. I gazed out of the window but I knew David's eyes were on me. A smile curls up on my face as I lower my gaze, blushing hard.
We both didn't say anything when after a few minutes he spoke."PERFECT."

He suddenly says Perfect leaving me confused as to what he meant to say with that."What?"

"Perfect was the word I was looking for." My smile had no barrier. My cheeks hurt from smiling yet I can't stop. Just a compliment from him make my heart beat faster and makes me feel so special."We are here."

I take a look out of the window. A dozen photographers were pushing each other trying to take a photo of David and his date. I expected it but now that I am here. All of it seemed so real.
"Oh my god. The paparazzi."

"Ava, There's nothing you can't handle. I will not leave your side tonight."

"Let's go." Just then David kissed me on the cheek. He gets out of the car and opens the car door to my side. He gave me his hand. I held his hand and looked up to his eyes, focusing on him as I get down the car and everything around was blurred. I was blinded by the flash of the numerous cameras.

"Who is she? Mr. Smith."

"Tell us more about her."

"Is she the one who conquered your heart?"

"Smile for the camera."

David pulled me close by my waist as we posed for the cameras. I was a bit uneasy when David whispered sweet nothings in my ear and I smiled. All I had to do was look into his eyes and I forgot everything around me.

The photographers took a few more photos and then we entered in. I was amazed by the venue. I had never been to an event like this. This is extravagant and huge. It looked like the palaces in fairytale movies. Everything was according to the fairytale theme. There was a big dancing floor and in the middle was a big chandelier and there was a bar at the corner. Everyone was in the ball gowns and boys were in suits. I felt so small here.

As soon as I entered I could feel all the ladies looking at me, more like glaring at me with jealousy. Can you blame me? I was standing here with David's hand holding mine. I ignored them and take a look around. This is huge than I expected it to be. I spot some celebrities and many famous people. I only saw them on TV. Some were drinking at the bar and some couples were busy dancing to the slow melodies the choir played. I felt good to be here. It was fascinating.

"Let's go meet my parents," David whispers in my ear. It's now or never. Let's get this done with."Let's go."

We approached his parents. He left my hand to hug his mother. She was beautiful and young. It didn't look like she was a mother to three children. I could see where David got his eyes from. He then hugs his father and I smile at the both of them. After seeing his father I knew he got all his features from his father and eyes from his mother. His father smiles at me and asks David. "Who is this lovely lady you came with?"

"Let me introduce you to Ava..." David holds my hand and he was about to introduce me is when someone interrupts us. He comes in and hugs David. "David. Long time, no see."

He was a young man with brown eyes, dark black hair. He was a bit shorter than David and was wearing a suit. He was good-looking and charming too and I know who he was. It was Allan, Silver's twin brother, and David's brother.

"Who is this gorgeous lady with you?"

"Everyone meet my girlfriend, Ava."

"It's nice to meet you in person Mr. and Mrs. Smith. You too Allan." I say as I smiled at them. David's mother says smiling "Cut the formality, Call me Rosie."

"So you are the one who stole David's heart. Wait, I do recognize you. You are the girl from the bar." Allan says and he takes my hand and kisses it.

"Yeah, she is." David nods his head.
"It was nice meeting you but you will have to excuse us." With that, David's parents left and I was kinda relieved. It went better than I expected. There was no hatred, no judgments, and no blank cheques.

"I am going to find Silver." Allan leaves to find Silver and David turns his face to me. "Now that I have you to myself. Can I have this dance, Principessa?"

David extends his arm inviting me to dance. I hesitated. I would love to dance with David but I am worse at the waltz and I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of everyone and embarrass him because of me."I suck at the waltz."

"Who cares. I will lead." I look at him and he was serious. I may be a nobody but he is in some position here and I didn't want to embarrass him."As you wish. Don't tell me you are embarrassed by me."

"I will never be embarrassed by you." Then I took his arm. He takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. He placed his left hand on my waist and the other holding mine. I look up at his face and forgot about everything. We were so lost that others seemed to fade. We were looking into each other's eyes. I stepped on his foot numerous times but not once did he complain. He was great at this but doesn't matter as long as we have each other.

He twirled me around and then back to his arms. I felt a smile form on my face. I felt like Cinderella dancing with her prince in a ballroom. I never thought I would have this but now that I have him, it scares me that what if I lose him and it was all because of my past that I felt this insecure.

I loved David but I can't shake off the feeling but I decided to ignore and live in the moment. Maybe it isn't going to be bad as I anticipated. What could go wrong?

David

I took her hand and put my hand on her waist pulling her close to me. I gazed into her big blue eyes as we swayed in the soft melodious songs. She was right when she said she sucked at waltz but it didn't matter. She moves her closer and placed her head on my shoulder as I take a whiff of her smell. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. The ladies were jealous of her and men can't take their eyes off her.

I can't blame them. She was a show-stealer. The center of attention of today's night. Others don't stand a chance against her. She caught my eyes since I saw her and other men don't stand a chance because she is mine. Lucky me.

She was beautiful and I feel so lucky to have found her. Just a smile from her wanna make me things for her. Just to make her happy and feel special because she is and I loved her so much. She makes me crazy. Crazy in love. Something I didn't believe.

I wanted to keep dancing with her in my arms gazing at her beautiful blue eyes and smile. I so wanted time to stop. I was so fond of our time together. I was enjoying the dance when we were interrupted.

Silver

When David introduced me to Ava, I was a bit hesitant about it. David was my elder brother but I guess I am more protective of him than anyone else. When he caught Maisha cheating with his best friend. He was shattered.

He cut off everyone and that included his family. He used to cry at night that's when I knew he loved her and I used to stand at the door listening to him because I repeated his privacy. We wanted to comfort him but he pushed away.

I know I am overprotective and whatever but I didn't argue further because I could see David happy. It reflected in his eyes. He pulled Ava close, holding her and smiling at her.

His eyes sparkled as he looked at her. It has been a long time since I saw David this happy. I could say David had the same effect on her as Ava has on him. The happiness reflected in her eyes too. They were happy and that's all I want. Ava was a good girl and I knew she loves him but still if she breaks his heart. I will make sure she experiences hell.

They were dancing on the dance floor while I and Allan watched. They belonged together. I had never seen a couple like them. They look like they came out of a fairytale and David was the prince to her Cinderella.

"They look beautiful together," Allan whispers in my ear and I smiled. As long as he is happy, we are happy.

David

Announcement

"We thank everyone who decided to grace us with their presence. It's because of you all that this event has been a grand success. I am happy to announce that we have raised double what we had raised the last year. I should not take much of your time. Enjoy." Dad was up on stage and he did an announcement and mom was right next to him. I imagined Ava and me to be up on stage someday. Dad finishes off his speech to which the crowd applauds.

"It's great." Ava says clapping her hands."Indeed it is."

"I need to go to the restroom."

"Let me take you."

"You stay here. I will be back."

"Fine."

Ava

David, was with me the entire evening and I knew he had to meet some people but he didn't want to leave me alone so I decided to go use the restroom and get some fresh air away from everyone. I was smiling at the thoughts of today's events. I was on the way to the restroom when someone tightly held my wrist and pinned me against the wall forcefully. I was terrified and soon my heartbeat paced.

"Did you miss me, Ava?"

(Who is this person? What will happen to Ava? Will David find her before something happens? See you in the next episode)

...Thank you for reading...

Please vote if you like my story😄
Comments are
highly appreciated ✌

Follow me and my Instagram account for more. The link to my account is in my description❤✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 379 6
Jonathon, a billionaire who vowed never to speak or trust just anybody... Delnard, the best friend who was always second best at everything... Sofia...
137K 6.3K 58
"I'll never let anyone get close to me. Ever again. I'm never letting anyone break me again." That's what she promised herself but what happens when...
4.5K 474 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
1M 26.3K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...