L'amour (e.c)

By gracebennettxoxo

L'amour; Love Charlotte Olivia Smith was the embodiment of perfect. Perfect hair, perfect teeth, eyes, smile... More

the cast
prologue
book one
one; new girl on the block
two; friend or foe
three; him
four; slip and slide
five; knock knock
six; whatta man
seven; the fear
eight; E.Cullen
nine; once a cheat
ten; always a cheat
eleven; smile
twelve; angel eyes
thirteen; sos
fourteen; undead to me
fifteen; freak on
sixteen; rose
seventeen; mr depp
eighteen; family affair
nineteen; detective hale
twenty; memory lane
twenty one; cross keys
twenty two; play ball
twenty three; a game of cat and mouse
twenty four; fine line
twenty five; carrie white
twenty six; love fool
twenty seven; prom queen
book two
one; another year of fun
two; flowers
three; dont watch me cry
four; the beauty of love
five; a fall from grace
six; leach lover
seven; clouds
eight; detective smith
nine; she wolf
ten; old friends
eleven; far far away
thirteen; uninvited visitors
fourteen; side effects
fifteen; smith residence
sixteen; mr damsel in distress
eighteen; what goes around comes around
nineteen; rest in peace
twenty; its called karma
twenty one; surprise
twenty two; a simple life
twenty three; mommys little girl
twenty four; not a democracy
twenty five; a change of heart
book three
one; mamma mia
two; traitor
three; perfection
four; a family reunion
five; daddys little girl
six; the mistress
seven; the wolf vs the vampire
eight; a family of three

twelve; curse of the red heads

3.5K 127 31
By gracebennettxoxo

The girl stood unmoving at the top of the stairs. Her eyes fixed on a specific place of the carpet.

It wasn't there anymore. Her blood. There was nothing to show for what happened the last time she was here.

It hurt that they had time to scrub her blood off of the carpet but couldn't say goodbye. The carpet would still be here when they returned in 100 years, she wouldn't. Although she couldn't entirely blame them, she wouldn't want a massive blood stain on her carpet for 100 years either.

After a while Charlotte walked down the stairs, making her way towards the piano that had also been replaced. Why they had to leave the house fully furnished she didn't know. It wasn't like anyone was going to visit.

Apart from her.

She down sat at the piano, lifting the lid and running her fingers along it. A memory flashing through her mind,

'"Esme, you don't need to keep cooking all this food! There's enough to feed a village."

"But I know how much you like your food."

Emmett paused whatever game he was playing on the tv, "She's saying your fat Red."

"Emmett! I'm not saying that Charlotte, I promise." Esme handed the bowl of pasta over to Charlotte, moving her hands to swat at Emmett.

"It's okay, Esme. And thank you Emmett, it's a good job I'm very confident in my own body."

"I wouldn't be if I was you."

"Jealously is a disease Emme, I hope for your sake they find a cure." Charlotte dropped her fork into her bowl to stroke Emmetts arm.

"Rose, tell her!"

"No."

"Edward, tell her!"

"No."

"Aw Emmett, they clearly care about your feelings."  Charlotte chimed.

"They do!"

"Not as much as they care about mine though."

"We care about both of your feelings equally- and that's not at all."

Charlotte turned around as fast as she could from her place on the sofa, "Jasper! Why would you say that? I thought we had a special bond!"

"We don't."

Charlotte grabbed at her heart, slowing her breathing down as much as she could and taking slow short breaths.

"Oh god! Charlotte are you okay?" Esme and Carlisle ran around to the girl concerned.

"Ignore her. She does it all the time."

"Edward! Why would you tell them that?"

"Because that was cruel of you."

"Oh whatever... Thank you Esme, the pasta was exquisite." Charlotte did a chefs kiss as she passed the bowl off to Esme. The vampires in this house would wait on her hand and foot. "Give my thanks to the chef."

"The chef says your welcome."

Charlotte really did love Esme, she would have been such a perfect mother- she is a perfect mother.

"Charl?" Edward called out, the rest of the room starting to talk amongst themselves. "Can you come here?"

Normally she would have argued that he should be the one to come to her because of her small human legs, but today she complied.

"What's up buttercup?" She asked, leaning on the piano and looking at her love. "You gonna serenade me?"

"Of course I am."

He then started to play her a beautiful song, she wasn't sure where he had learnt to play or how he was so good at it. But she didn't care right now.

She was too caught up in watching the man she loved.

Charlotte stood up, slamming the lid closed.
She knew remembering the past was an important part of moving on, but it didn't mean she had to like it.

It was never going to be easy, however life never was.

"We can go soon, it's gonna be okay." She'd found it helped encouraging herself, although she couldn't help but wish that it was Edward here with her. That instead she would be here with the whole family, enjoying a moment like that once more. Not searching for closure she never got.

The walk to Edwards room felt long, she remembered the first time she did it. The graduation cap joke stuck in her head.

This was her last walk to his room and she couldn't help the sinking feeling in her stomach.

The door felt heavy as she pushed it, it was like it didn't want to let her in. Maybe it didn't. However it had no choice.

Once she had pushed it open she stopped. She had thought she was ready. She wanted to say goodbye. But she couldn't.

'Soft music played from the record player in Edwards room, it was a tune that Charlotte had never heard, she didn't mind though. She was too focused on trying to match her steps to Edward.

"Are you leading or am I leading?"

"Me, obviously."

"Why's that obvious? It's not the 14th century anymore, Edward. Women can lead."

"I know. I'm leading because you don't know how... and i wasn't even alive in the 14th century."

"Well how was I supposed to know when you were born?"

"1901"

"When were you changed?"

"1918"

"The same year Nelson Mandela was born."

Edward paused the couples dancing, looking down at his girlfriend, "How do you know that?"

"I studied Civil Rights over a hundred year period back home." The dancing then started back up. "Do you know how to do the Charleston?"

"I might do."

"Can we do it? We'd be like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers."

"Maybe one day."'

It hurt knowing that day would never come, it was just another thing he had said to her.

Nothing he had said mattered anymore, not the dancing, not the jokes, not the secrets or the sleepless nights spent talking. It didn't matter that he knew about her father, that he knew her biggest fears or what she'd wanted for the future.

He didn't care anymore. And she wished that she didn't too.

It made her so angry. She wanted to scream, to shout to everyone about how it wasn't fair.

Instead she turned around, heading straight for the exit.

She should never have come, it hadn't helped at all. It had just made her realise what she'd lost.

She knew that she'd gained so much, she now had a great relationship with Jess, her and Bella had bonded so much more, she'd tried things with Embry that Edward would have been too paranoid to let her do and she'd gained a whole new family in the wolf pack.

But she was very aware of what she'd lost to gain that, if the Cullens were here she wouldn't have needed the wolves, if they were here she wouldn't have had a hole in her heart that no matter how hard she tried to fill, it just wouldn't.

No matter how hard she tried, she felt like they would just never go away.

Once in her car, Charlotte decided that screaming was actually a very good idea. So she let out the loudest one she could muster up, along with a few punches to her steering wheel.

It was very therapeutic, but it would probably be more therapeutic screaming off of a cliff.

So that's exactly what she was going to do.

Taylor Swift was playing out of the radio and the drive was going quite well, until a figure appeared in the middle of the road.

It wasn't that Charlotte was speeding, she was going the speed limit. It was that the figure literally appeared in front of her car and no matter how hard she tried to slam on the breaks, there was no stopping it.

Somehow the car ended up flying into the air, landing on its back a few feet from where the person still stood.

Charlotte wasn't sure about many things in life, but one thing she was sure about, was the fiery mop of red hair that sat upon the persons head.

did the last part make sense or am i trippin

okay so i have a good place that i could take this story and it would really make sense and work (if i sort out a few details) but i'm so unsure what your all gonna think, im gonna try it anyway tho but be aware it's gonna get more dramatic than a greys anatomy ep, think plane crash time with mark sloane and lexie💓 rip😥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2K 46
"I was always shy. I always keep quiet about my feelings but things are different now...i'm different. Thanks to him. He's honestly the best thing th...
374K 8.8K 27
Kamber Vicasi is nothing like what Edward expected when he heard the rumors that a new family had moved to Forks. With her fiery red hair and bright...
344K 7.6K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...
48.4K 1.5K 15
"You Became My Everything And Showed Me The True Meaning Of Love." Eclipse | Book 3