Said Roommate

By secernate

Bailey and Talia. Roommates and best friends. Love cuts through their reign when Talia decides its time to mo... More

Prologue
1: Said Best
2: Said Motivational Speaker
3: Said Superior
4: Said Cover
5: Said Sexual Tension
6: Said Friendship
7: Said Best Man
8: Said Keeper
9: Said Turn-On
10: Said Lazy Ass
11: Said Finesse
13: Said Self-Control
14: Said Hypocrisy
15: Said Shame
16: Said First Love
17: Said Strip
18: Said Kinky
19: Said Idiot
20: Said Affection
21: Said Desire
22: Said Health Kick
23: Said Bragging Rights
24: Said Spark
25: Said Favorite
26: Said Fantasies
27: Said Sobriety
28: Said Freaky Shit
29: Said Orgy
30: Said Birdie
31: Said Confessions
32: Said Move
33: Said Infatuation (Pt. 1)
33: Said Infatuation (Part 2)
34: Said Romantic
35: Said Morals
36: Said Girlfriend
37: Said Hostility
38: Said Communication
39: Said Sister
40: Said Bouquet
41: Said Date
42: Said Relationship
43: Said Spontaneity
Not an Update
44: Said Moment
45: Said Goodbyes
Epilogue
Short Story + Q&A

12: Said Topper

41.5K 1.1K 170
By secernate

“Sleep well?” Ethan asked me when I walked out of his room.

“I feel like I’m in the midst of a sex-over.” I said before laying my head on the counter.

“A what?”

“A hangover based off of sex instead of alcohol.” Ethan laughed.

“I’m making eggs. World famous. I only give them to the most special people.”

“I hope you aren’t already getting attached.”

Ethan gasped. “You wish.”

“I actually hope not.” I corrected. I roamed around the living room checking out the pictures above his electrically-powered fireplace. “You were so adorable.”

“Were?”

“You’d rather be called adorable now?”

“Point taken.” He said. “I’m really loving you in my shirt right now.”

“So, I’ve been told.” I replied. I picked up another picture. “A rubber ducky?”

“I was one year old.” I laughed softly and put the picture down. After doing more hunting around his living room, I ambled into the kitchen.

“Smells good. Looks good. But does it taste good?” I asked him.

“I am a great cook if I say so myself.”

“Whatever you say.”

“Toast or no toast?”

“Toast.” I answered. He came around setting a plate in front of me.

“Eggs and juice for the lady.”

“Oh, how spontaneous.”

“Don’t expect me to be the next Bobby Flay.”

“I would never give you standards you would never reach.” I gave him a coy smile. He only made a face which in turn made me laugh at how stupid he looked.

~∞~

“Impromptu sleepover?” I wondered through the speaker of my phone.

“Yes. It’s at Reese’s apartment. Just come straight here.” Ashley hung up. I huffed and placed my phone in my bag.

“Thanks for dropping me off.” I told Ethan.

“No problem.” I waved him off and jogged up the steps. Biggest mistake of my life because I wasn’t meant to workout. I stuck the key into the hole, laughing at the innuendo I just made in my head.

“I have a thing for awkward moments, don’t I?” I announced my arrival causing random girl and Carter to spring apart. “Oh my gosh? Heather?”

“I knew this place was familiar.” I smirked between the two of them. “So, how are you?”

“Fine.” Carter looked aggravated that Heather and I decided on having a conversation while she was sitting in his lap. “I scored with Ethan.”

“And?”

“I think we’re going to make great friends.” Heather laughed.

“You fucᴋ the guy and you’re just going to be friends?” I nodded. “Unbelievable.”

“Yeah, well since Carter looks sexually frustrated, I’m going to go pack a bag and I’ll be out of you two’s hair.” I walked by them, ruffling Carter’s hair as I did so.

“Fucᴋ you Bailey.”

“Nah I’m good!” I replied. I shut the door behind me and threw my bag onto the bed and settled on a shower only to discover that Mother Nature decided to surprise me. It did explain the onset of horniness in my life. “At least I’m not pregnant,” I muttered to myself.

After doing my business and brushing my teeth, I changed into a pair of leggings and a high-low shirt. I packed an overnight bag containing the necessities for the night. After double checking my look, I put on my flats and shrugged the bag on my shoulder.

I chose to ignore the pair as I walked towards the door saying a small ‘bye’ as I walked out. I locked the door behind me and twirled my keys around my fingers.

The short drive to Reese’s was filled with Beyonce’s melodic voice coming through my speakers. I sang along loudly to XO until I reached the complex. I hummed the song quietly to myself as I walked to the elevator.

I knocked on the door patiently waiting for someone to answer. Low and behold stood Adam. There was a bag over his shoulder. “You got kicked out.”

“Sadly. I’ll be seeing you guys in the AM.” He walked away. “Don’t have too much fun or tear the place apart.”

“No promises.” I waltzed inside and casually tossed my bag off to the side. Ashley was in the kitchen seeing as she was the best cook out of all of us. Talia was shifting through magazines. And Reese… Reese was cooing at dresses coming onto the screen. “You are not watching Say Yes To The Dress are you?”

“I’m getting married. I need a dress. Can you believe I haven’t even shopped for the dress yet?” Reese was hanging off the couch.

“Procrastination at its finest.” I laid down on top of her finding comfort on her stomach. “It’s so comfortable here.”

“Enjoy it while it lasts. I need to exercise to fit into a dress.” She rubbed her stomach which made it awkward for me seeing as I was laying on it.

“You are perfect the way you are Reese. Your stomach is nice and flubby.” Ashley stated from the kitchen.

Flubby?” We asked her in unison.

“New word. So what? You can’t judge me.” She stuck her nose high in the air while maintaining concentration on the food cooking on the stove. Ashley was truly magical.

“I think we already did,” Talia muttered. “So, this dress is cute, but it’s white. We all know you can’t wear white.”

Reese narrowed her eyes at Talia. She held her hands up in surrender. “I can wear white if I please.”

“But you won’t,” I chimed in.

“Whatever,” she mumbled. “I was thinking more of an ivory color anyway. Off-white to please my mom.”

“Or you can stick it to her and show up in a pink dress like Elle in Legally Blonde 2.” I suggested.

Reese and Talia made a face. “Not going to happen.”

“We’ll search some off white colors and look for something pleasing to the eye.” Ashley said. She carefully walked into the living room setting cookies, waffles, and cupcakes on the table.

“Where’s the real food at?” I asked. Ashley rolled her eyes and got up. She came back in with a tray stacked with BLT sandwiches. “Now this is what I’m talking about. I could kiss you right now.”

“But you won’t.”

I stared at Ashley challengingly before we ended up chasing each other around the small apartment. I ended up placing a sloppy kiss on her cheek much to her disdain. “I love you, Ash.”

“Choke on a dick you disgusting whore.” She bit back, scrubbing her face with her hand trying to get rid of all the spit and lip stick on her face.

“I can just feel the love radiating off of us right now.”

~∞~

“You slept with Ethan?”

“Not a bad decision if you ask me.” I said while drinking a soda. Alcohol was banned from this sleepover because I was on my period, for one, and we didn’t feel like being hung over the next morning.

“Three times?” Ashley clarified.

I nodded. “He pulled condoms out of the weirdest places. He stashes them everywhere just in case. Like, who keeps them in a drawer in the kitchen.”

“Sex-obsessed boys.” Reese chimed in.

“True.”

“So who’s better? Carter or Ethan?” Talia asked. Ashley and Reese made sounds of excitement before gauging my reaction.

“I mean, they’re different.”

“How?” I looked at them wondering how my friends could be so nosey.

“My sex life can’t be personal, can’t it?” They shook their heads. “For one, Carter’s more of a topper than Ethan.”

“Shocking. I always thought Ethan was dominating from all the stories I heard of him.” Talia leaned against the couch.

“It’s not like he never got on top.” I offered.

“So basically, Carter is still the best you’ve ever had?” Talia asked me, smirking a little.

I threw a pillow at her face. “You are so annoying, Tal.”

“I try my best.” She shrugged as if to say what can I do.

“So, rate them on a scale of one to ten.” Ashley encouraged.

“Nope. We’re done with this conversation.” She huffed loudly. “Moving on.”

“I think I’m pregnant.” Talia broke the silence. We all stared at her. “I know. I know. But I missed my period.”

“Maybe you’re stressed?” I offered.

“I’m actually not. At first, I thought it was birth control and what not, but I stopped taking it.” I glanced at Talia.

“Test!” Reese yelled out of the blue. She ran to her bathroom. We all looked at each other with cautious eyes.

“I swear she’s the weirdest one out of us all.” Ashley mumbled to herself. We shared a laugh before Reese returned. “Why do you keep pregnancy tests in your bathroom?”

“Just in case Adam and I start trying or something.” She ripped the package off and threw the stick at Talia. “Now pee away.”

“What if I don’t want to find out?” She bit her lip nervously.

“Do you really want to know?” I asked her rubbing her back in a consoling gesture.

She nodded and got up. We waited a couple of minutes until Ashley got impatient and knocked on the bathroom door. There was no answer, so we just opened it and Talia was sitting there holding the stick in her hand.

“What the hell is taking so long?”

“The stick doesn’t work. It didn’t even do anything, and now I can’t pee.” Talia looked on the verge of laughter. “I guess we wait.”

“No, you’re drinking water.”

“It might mess up the results.” I thought. Maybe I was wrong, but I knew Talia. In  her eyes, I could tell she was relieved that the test malfunctioned on her.

“Fine. What do we do now?”

“To pass the time,” Reese added giving Talia a pointed look.

“Something that can take our minds off of this bullshit.” We decided to play with the Xbox. Reese recently bought the Kinect that came with it along with Just Dance.

Hey I just met you.

And this is crazy.

But here’s my number.

So call me maybe.

“These are the stupidest dance moves ever.” I said while raising my arm up in the air and doing some weird infatuation signals.

“Shut up and win for the both of us bitch,” Talia yelled. We were on teams: Talia and I against Reese and Ashley.

“You spoke too soon,” I said as the score popped up. I lost and I didn’t care because I was not about to dance to some bullshit moves.

“Move out of the way amateur. C’mon Reese. Let me kick your ass at this game.” We were definitely over competitive. Lucky for us, it didn’t affect our friendship. It actually increased the strength of our bond

~∞~

“Okay. For real this time.” I stomached another BLT, relishing in whatever Ashley put in this concoction she called a ‘simple sandwich.’

Ashley was just about to make her best impression of Mrs. Dunn, Reese’s mother, but Talia called us from the bathroom. “I’m done!”

We rushed inside and looked at her. “Well?”

“I just peed on the stick.”

“You were in here for 15 minutes!” Reese yelled.

“Conjuring up the courage to actually pee on the stick.” She said slowly as if we were incompetent.

“So what do we do now?”

“Think of cute names.” Ashley started rattling off names to Talia. Almost all of them were rejected.

“Sully!” Reese yelled above Ashley.

“I will not name my potential child after a Monsters Inc. character no matter how much I love that movie.”

“We don’t even know if there is actually a baby cooking inside of Talia’s oven yet. Let’s hold our horses on the name picking.” I actually got them to calm down. Talia mouthed ‘thank you’ to me before fiddling with her hands nervously again.

“Promise me that if I do end up pregnant, you guys won’t leave me, and you’ll be there every step of the way.” She pleaded.

“Who would we be if we weren’t Talia?”

We held her hands as she turned the test over in her hand. There we saw the two parallel lines signifying one thing. “I’m going to have a child.”

“Is Sully still on the table?” Reese whispered. Talia shoved Reese into the tub which provoked laughter from Ashley and me. As I looked around amused at the ridiculous attempts Reese was making to get out of tub, I realized that God gifted me with some amazing people in my life. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

***

Another update! This was cute in my opinion. I'll let you in on a secret. Talia was not supposed to get knocked up, but I remember a comment from the prologue guessing she was pregnant because she wasn't drinking and I was like, what the hey. It will actually get the story running smoother a bit. Your opinions matter to me. And comments do inspire other things to spontanrously occur.

Other than that! Merry/Happy Christmas Eve. It's raining here and we have thudnerstorms. LOL. I guess that's why I'm up.

But, vote, comment, follow! Other things like that. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter... all I can say is brace yourselves. We've got some Bailey-Carter action.

And it's legit this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 727 92
I was frozen to my spot, watching his slightly darkened eyes roam my body and I couldn't help the embarrassment that suddenly coursed through me. Hea...
2.1K 143 32
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
97.4K 4.3K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
610 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...