fine line (scott mccall)²

By anticosmic

in which they fall in love again (started: july 14, 2020) (season 4-6b) (... More

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡đĢ𝐞𝐞
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three

thirty-six

2.3K 81 47
By anticosmic

       "Where are we going?" Blair asked confused as Scott helped her to the car while Theo started it so that they could move quicker considering how rough Blair was beginning to look. Blair's arm wrapped loosely around Scott's shoulder as she tried to figure out what was happening around her since she had just woken up a little while ago.

"We can't take Hayden to the hospital to get help but we can take you." Scott tried to explain at the same time his mom pulled up to the clinic. Melissa rushing over once she noticed the state of Blair - placing her hand on Blair's cheek as she noticed how hot the girl was before turning to Scott in worry. Blair giving Melissa a reassuring smile to try and convince the woman she was okay even if she could obviously tell differently.

"What happened?" Melissa asked Blair instead of Scott as she held one of the girl's hands in her own - knowing the girl was having a tough time lately with being sick and having consistent injuries.

"I'm okay, Melissa. Promise." Blair tried to convince her weakly but Melissa could already tell something was deeply wrong with the girl with how she was struggling to stand up on her own even with Scott's help. Scott holding her up with his strength rather than letting her use up any more of her strength.

"You need to make sure she gets to the hospital safely." Melissa pointed to Theo in warning who nodded his head as Scott helped Blair get into the passenger seat of Theo's car. Scott slowly releasing his grip on Blair as he stared hesitantly between the two - still unsure if she should let Blair and Theo leave even though he knew he couldn't be in two places at once.

"Scott, she's going to be okay, right?" Blair asked before he left as she checked that he would help take care of Hayden while she was getting help in the hospital. Scott nodded his head even if he wasn't too completely sure of that answer himself.

Blair and Theo remained in a peaceful silence - her eyes closing slightly as she missed the route that they were going on, focusing solely on the words coming from the radio to keep herself awake instead of any of her surroundings.

"Theo, can you call Stiles or Lydia when we get there?" Blair asked him quietly, wanting to see either Stiles or Lydia when she got to the hospital since she knew they would both come immediately if they knew she was sick at all.

"Yeah, I'll call them." Theo lied as he pulled up to where he knew the Dread Doctors would be waiting for Blair and none of the real doctors she was expecting. Blair went to open the door without looking at her surroundings - having some faith that Theo brought her to the hospital without thinking any more of it.

"Hey, don't hurt yourself. I can get you." Theo reassured Blair as she nodded her head - Theo hesitating in his seat before moving closer to Blair as he placed his hand on the side of her cheek without any warning.

"What's wrong?" Blair asked, noticing the expression on his face as he kissed the top of her head gently. Blair staring at him confused before he moved out of the car to help get her out of the car.

"Something's happening isn't it?" Blair asked as Theo kneeled in front of her - finally piecing together they weren't at the hospital as she stared at Theo in hopes of him telling her the truth of what was happening around her rather than lying to her.

"I want us to be friends, Blair. I want us to be a pack. Do you trust me?" Theo asked gently as he waited for Blair's answer as she stared at him slightly scared about what was going to happen next considering she had weakened strength and she knew couldn't win in a fight against Theo.

"What's going to happen?" Blair asked instead as she hoped he would tell her the truth - Theo shaking his head as he wrapped his arms around her waist and carried her out of the car.

"I'm going to get you your answers, Blair," Theo answered as Blair wrapped her arms around Theo's neck - closing her eyes in fear of where they were going. Theo hearing her heart face rapidly as he walked into tunnels as he led Blair to the metal table - laying her body on it as the Dread Doctors slowly entered.

"You were working with them this whole time weren't you?" Blair asked quietly, trying to figure out if she should feel betrayed or not considering she always knew from the beginning that Theo was going to turn out bad. Blair knowing that all of them should have listened to her and Stiles rather than listening to Scott when it came to judgement of character.

"It's okay, they won't hurt you, Blair. You're important for what's going to happen next." Theo explained as he let go of Blair's hand as he left her alone with the Dread Doctors - Blair watching as he walked away and left her alone with the Dread Doctors as she put her focus on the ceiling as they slowly put in her into unconsciousness for the next part.

—•—

"Hey, Blair." Blair's head immediately went to the one memory that always brought her closure as she stared up at Laura Hale.

"I need you to show me what happened," Laura explained to Blair gently as the smaller girl sat quietly in the Hale's apartment with the tears still coming down her face at a rapid pace - struggling to form any words to tell Laura what had just happened even though she know she needed to.

Blair shrugged her jacket off as best as possible and rolled up her sleeves to show Laura. The older woman taking Blair's arms gently in hers as she examined the purple and blue bruises covering her arms.

"Blair, I need you to breathe. Okay, repeat the mantra with me." Blair repeated the werewolf shifting mantra to Laura that she had learned to help herself focus without panicking and overthinking everything. Blair finally calming down as Laura noticed she wasn't crying anymore, hoping the young girl was coherent enough to tell her what had happened.

"Who did this to you?" Laura asked again with a gentle tone, trying to make Blair feel as safe as possible without causing her any alarm and make her close herself off.

"They found out I kept some of Paige's stuff. I wasn't supposed to, it's my fault. I should have listened to them." Blair admitted to Laura as she shook her head to shift the blame onto herself for what happened. Laura taking the smaller girl in her arms as she rubbed her hand up and down her back to provide some comfort to her as best she could give the situation.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Derek asked as he entered the apartment he was sharing with his sister - noticing that Blair was sitting on the couch quite shaken up. Derek dropping the food on the kitchen table as he sat on the other side of Blair as he tried to figure out what happened to the girl.

"What happened?" Derek asked gently as Blair moved over to Derek as wrapped his arms around Blair. Laura moving to give them some space since she knew Blair trusted Derek more than anyone else - hoping she would be more honest now that her brother was here.

"They keep hurting me, Der," Blair whispered to Derek as he tried to control his anger towards Blair's parents - knowing that neither he nor Laura could do anything right now considering the number of times they had already called CPS to try and get her out of there and nothing had happened so far to get her help.

"No matter what happens with your family, Blair. You come to us, I don't care what happens or who hurts you. Run, drive, fly and we will be there for you. You're one of us, now." Derek reassured Blair as she nodded her head to Derek, the look in his eyes showing that he was telling her the truth and that she could go to him and Laura anytime she needed their help - a promise she would force Derek to live up to every time anything bad ever slightly happened to her.

—•—

"Derek," Blair mumbled under her breath - hoping by some miracle that he would be able to hear her despite the fact she knew he was nowhere near Beacon Hills to even hear her in the first place. This was the first and only time Blair could ever honestly admit she needed help from anyone else yet no one knew she needed saving right now as they were all preoccupied with their own problems.

The Dread Doctors hearing her as they put her under anesthesia again so that they could finish without any more complications of her trying to stop them or waking up.

—•—

"What do you guys think is going to happen after a senior year?" Stiles asked as he threw the ball of thread back and forth with Blair - the two of them finding themselves amused with the string while Scott watched the two entertain themselves with the ball. Scott trying to figure out how it seemed to keep the two interested as much it was as he watched the two in amusement.

"Stiles, we haven't finished junior year. Worry about something else like your lack of friends besides Scott." Blair told Stiles as she threw the ball back at him bored, not understanding why he was worried about something that was so far away when they just barely made it out of the Alpha pack fight alive. Stiles deciding to ignore her comment about him having no friends since he knew deep down she cared about him on some level.

"You're telling me you don't worry about what's going to happen after? Like, who's going to stay together, who's going to be friends, whose not..." Stiles continued to ramble as he started to pluck on the pieces of thread in the ball of yarn. Scott waiting to see what Blair was going to say considering they never really had the past High School talk themselves. Blair didn't seem all that concerned with talking about her feelings or emotions much like Derek so Scott never pushed her unlike Stiles who loved to annoy Blair and Derek alike.

"Nothing's permanent in life, Buzzcut. If you don't want someone to leave, prove to them you're worth staying for." Blair simply stated - knowing that was the only way anyone would ever stick with her if she proved themselves to her. That being the primary reason why she always pushed herself too much whenever there were fights, too scared to run away in case it caused her any of her relationships if she didn't.

"What is it with Hale's never being clear with their point?" Stiles mumbled causing Blair to grab the pillow closest to her and chucking it at his face causing him to fall to the ground and Scott rolling his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Blair and brought her closer to him so that Stiles couldn't hit her back.

Stiles got off from the ground as he grabbed the pillow to get revenge on Blair but Scott had his arms wrapped around Blair as he gave Stiles a warning look to not do anything. Stiles groaning as he sat back on the couch - huffing that he couldn't get back on Blair because of his best friend.

Blair grinning as she leaned back into Scott's arms and kissed him on the cheek before laying back on his chest. Stiles raising an eyebrow at Scott as he watched the two of them interact before going back to playing with his yarn again.

"You think we're going to be together after High School?" Scott asked Blair quietly so that Stiles didn't overhear the question since he was a bit nervous asking Blair it in the first place.

"I hope so," Blair answered honestly, not wanting to give Scott a definitive answer since she didn't know what would happen between the two of them from now to graduation - she didn't want to jinx anything for the two of them.

"Come on, Blair. Pick up the damn phone." The whispering in her head caused Blair to turn around confused as she recognized the voice of Stiles even though he wasn't talking to her currently. Blair starting to piece together something wasn't right as Scott and Stiles continued like everything else was normal in the memory.

"Blair, come on," Stiles mumbled to himself in the police station while waiting for his dad to come back as he started to give up on getting through to Blair as his sixth phone call went straight to voicemail - deciding he would have to go and track her down once he was done with this conversation with his dad.

"Stiles?" Blair asked as the memory continued to play out in front of her while she ignored it now that she knew it wasn't the present. Blair moved into the house as she kept trying to open the door even though it was locked. Blair felt the grip on her shoulder as she turned around and punched Scott in the face without thinking.

"I need to find Stiles and you're not Scott." Blair panted out - knowing something was going on outside and that she needed to get to her best friend immediately.

"Your condition is improving." The voice came through Scott's mouth but it only caused Blair to pale more as she realized the Dread Doctors were talking to her from her memory. Blair knew she had some sort of connection to what was going on around her - she just needed to push herself to get out of it. If she could get through the Valkyrie messing with her head, she could get through this - at least that's what she told herself as she turned back around to the front door and continued pulling on it.

"Blair, can you please stop hitting the door you're going to wreck it?" Blair heard as she lifted her head to see she was now in front of the door to the Hale Loft rather than Scott's house as she turned around to see Peter Hale.

"Oh god, I don't even want to experience this memory," Blair mumbled to herself once she saw Peter as she went back to pounding the door. Peter grabbing her wrist as he rolled her eyes at her behavior before forcing her away from the door since that would just lead them nowhere.

"Blair, you are in a situation where your mind drives you to memories that bring you comfort. Do you think I would be in one of them?" Peter explained to Blair with his eyebrows raised causing Blair to force her arm out of his grip - trusting him enough to let her go since he did have a point that she wouldn't go to him for comfort.

"Good, you're cooperating." Peter smiled to himself, the confidence that he got the stubborn girl to working him with him making him feel elated that he might be getting somewhere in this conversation considering she had brought him here in the first place without realizing it.

"Okay, since you seem to know so much. Would you like to tell me how to get out of here?" Blair asked as she threw her hands up and followed Peter into the kitchen since he insisted on walking away from her while they were talking rather than having a normal conversation.

"You can't leave until you wake up from the anesthesia Blair. Just like every other medical procedure that you've had." Peter answered with sarcasm dripping his tone as he offered Blair a glass of water who stared at him exasperated for even pouring out the water in the first place considering this wasn't exactly a situation where she wanted to stop and get a drink of water with Peter Hale.

"Then how the hell are you here?" Blair asked confused as she pointed to Peter who seemed more amused by the entire interaction rather than panicking about the outside situations.

"Blair, do you know what dream walking is?" Blair shook her head confused as she sat in front of Peter who was leaning against the table as he tried to explain the situation to Blair and how he was here in the first place.

"You, Blair combined our dreams into one so that you could communicate with me because you need my help." Peter explained, rather smugly that Blair had chosen his mind out of all people to try and communicate with. Blair may be lying in a room with Dread Doctors but she didn't think her mind was federate enough to force her to work with Peter Hale for help.

"And how could I possibly do that?" Blair asked as she raised an eyebrow at Peter - trying to remind him that she didn't have the Valkyrie in her anymore to do anything like that.

"When you were bitten by Scott in Mexico, it gave life back to the Valkyrie. Just like when I bit Lydia, it awoke her little Banshee powers. So, here you are back to being the Valkyrie." Peter explained nonchalantly as he continued to drink his glass of water - more than happy to indulge himself in his nephew's old apartment considering his current situation.

"Okay, so hypothetically speaking if I am a Valkyrie again... Why are you helping me?" Blair asked cautiously as she crossed her hands across her chest protectively since she was well aware of the fact the last time she saw Peter he was conspiring to try and kill Scott and she was apart of the potential causality in that smart plan of his. Peter had basically set her up to be left for dead when it came to his partner Kate Argent.

"Because Blair, I need you to remember," Peter answered simply as he stood in front of her - his demeanor changing slightly as he turned more serious about the situation since he needed Blair's help.

"Peter, what the hell are you talking about now?" Blair asked as she let out a sigh at his words, Peter rolling his eyes at her over dramatics as he grabbed her hand and brought her over to the wall to try and give her a visual of what else was happening in the town that Scott and his friends hadn't figured out yet either.

"What are you doing now? Can you at least answer a question instead of playing arts and crafts?" Blair asked as he grabbed a marker and started to draw pictures of cowboys and horses on the wall rather than talking to her about what was going on.

"It's a good thing you're not an artist." Blair pointed out honestly considering Peter's art skills sucked more than she ever expected them to since this was the first time she had ever watched him use them in the first place. Peter suddenly stopping his drawing as he glared at her for insulting his drawing skills - hating getting criticism on anything that he ever did.

"These are the ghost riders," Peter explained as he used the marker to point to the picture he had drawn, Blair finally starting to piece together what was happening as she remembered the story Mr. Yukimura had told her and Kira about the Ghost Riders. Peter noticing her expression as she seemed to understand who they where already without him having to explain himself even more to her.

"They're already here aren't they?" Blair realized as she turned to Peter, everything about what he needed starting to click in her head as to why he was pushing her to know about the Ghost Riders of all things.

"And they took you first." Blair finished as Peter nodded his head stubbornly - upset that he was resulted to ask Blair of all people for help considering how stubborn he knew she was.

"You need to remember this Blair. You need to remember this conversation. You need to tell Scott with his stupid hero complex and-" Peter started to ramble as he started to think of a strategy to get himself out of the loop he was stuck in the train station right now. Peter starting to get frustrated that he had to ask the exact people he had tried to get killed to save his life.

"Malia." Blair finished for Peter as she gave him a knowing glance that she knew who else who he secretly wanted, before feeling something start to pull at her chest.

"Blair?" Peter asked confused as Blair started to grip onto her chest as she stepped back from him. Peter holding her as she fell to the ground in pain, her breathing becoming more labored as she began to gasp for air.

"Blair, breathe. This isn't happening to you, it's happening to someone else. It's a strong injury but you're going to be fine." Peter tried to reassure her - knowing that he needed her to stay alive if he wanted to get out of the Ghost Riders grip any time soon since she was the only real person he had to help him.

"How do I stop it?" Blair asked, the pain starting to increase as she tried to put trust in Peter that he would help her with this instead of lying to her considering she brought him here in the first place and he needed her help.

"You need to get out of here. You're putting too much energy into dream walking but you can save them if you leave." Peter explained to her, advising to help the person moreso in fear that it was Malia that was being hurt rather than anyone else in the pack considering he didn't care about them as much as he did his daughter.

Peter nodded again when he noticed that she was staring at him for reassurance that this was a safe plan and that he wasn't playing any tricks on her this time. Peter starting to feel Blair's body slump in his arms as he held her before she could fully collapse on the ground again.

—•—

"Ms. McCall, look," Mason told Melissa, the crying woman hearing him as she pulled away momentarily from her dead's son body as the black smoke began to shift on the ground around him. Mason standing on the ground panicking as Scott's veins began to turn black before he started coughing - his eyes flashing red as he rose from the ground.

—•—

"How are you feeling?" Melissa asked her son after she finished reassuring him that he was going to be able to get his pack back again without having to worry about completely losing them.

"I saw something when I was dead for those couple minutes" Scott admitted to his mom who raised an eyebrow as she waited to hear the details of what happened when he was temporarily dead since she was still unsure of how he had came back in the first place.

"I saw Blair but it didn't feel like a memory... it felt like..." Scott tried to describe what he saw when he was out but he didn't seem to be able to describe exactly what had happened since he wasn't sure himself.

"Where did you see her?" Melissa asked curiously as she tried to help him understand what he had seen of Blair while he was dead - wondering if it meant something considering she had watched the black mist and veins in his body while he was out.

"We were in the Hale Loft and she was unconscious. Someone was there, they were holding her but I was just watching. It was like I couldn't move or do anything, only watch." Scott explained to his mom - trying to understanding why he had to watch Blair collapse in some weird version of his mind, he couldn't help but wonder if it was some sort of sign that he needed to follow.

"Why don't you call her to make sure she's okay?" Melissa offered to cause Scott's face to pale at her suggestion as he remembered his last interaction with Blair and who had been with her.

"Mom, Theo brought her to the hospital." Scott started to panic as he tried to leave the bed in a hurry as she placed her hand on the chest as she tried to calm him down before he risked hurting himself again.

"Scott, I'll go to the hospital and check on her. You stay here until you're healed." Melissa warned her son to finish healing as she grabbed her coat to go and check on the girl who she had assumed had been resting in the hospital during this whole commotion. Melissa praying that's where she was and that Theo hadn't done anything to Blair as well.

The sound of something shaking on his dresser caused Scott to get off the bed as he went to investigate what had caused the sudden noise. The picture he kept behind all his schoolwork of him and Blair fell to the ground - Scott watching as the glass cracked over Blair's side as he held the picture frame tightly in his hands as he tried to figure out what the things together meant for Blair knowing that all of this together couldn't be a coincidence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.3K 60
' 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 '
196K 4.4K 72
Derek Hale x OC Season 1-4 Šī¸ derekhalekolmlover
51.7K 952 51
"maybe when the time is right you will find me again." season 5a: complete season 5b: complete season 6a: complete season 6b: complete [THEO RAEKEN] ...
30.9K 1.5K 46
"𝓑𝓮đ“Ŋ 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲đ“ŧ𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓝𝓮đ“ŋ𝓮đ“ģ 𝓮đ“ŋ𝓮𝓷 đ“ļ𝓮đ“Ŋ đ“ļ𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'đ“Ŋ đ“Ģđ“ĩđ“Ēđ“ļ𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓑đ“ģ𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾đ“ģ 𝓮đ“ŋ𝓮đ“ģ𝔂 𝓱𝓮đ“Ēđ“ģđ“Ŋđ“Ģ𝓮đ“Ēđ“Ŋ" 𝘤īŋŊ...