All the Way (Kylo Ren x Reade...

By Fledderer

After finishing medical school you decide to join the first order as one of their medics. A routine assignmen... More

Desert
Medbay
Base
P37
Interrogation Room
Emergency Room
Upsilon
Maxima-A
Conference Rooms
Pressure Chamber
Promotion
Training
First Day
Cold
Cookies
Black Hole
Planets
Mud
Villagers
Home
Finalizer
Pharmaceuticals
Sand
Surprises
Introductions
Doppelganger
Mission
Strangers
Warmth
Radio Silence
Mustafar
Mask
Connection
Transporter
Escape
Landing
Water
Death Star
Exegol
Sidious
Void

Hostage

3.2K 87 28
By Fledderer

Kylo didn't show up for the rest of the flight. So you spent it with Chewbacca, he was very pleasant company. At least from the way he behaved, after all you couldn't really understand him. Unlike most Wookies you had seen so far, he wasn't as angry. Or maybe it just was because he was chained to the wall. He certainly was interested in you, given the little fall out you had with Kylo Ren earlier.

You tried communicating with him by showing him random objects and asking what it meant in wookie. The growling sounded always the same though. Once you'd have a translator droid you'd be able to ask him a few more things about Kylo.

"Looks like I'll be staying with you for a while.", you complained to Chewie who howled back something, "The Supreme Leader", your voice was half mocking his title, "has assigned me to stay with you."

You lifted your data pad up, Kylo had told you to watch over him. Until he'd need you again. He couldn't even tell that to you in person? What was his problem now...

You scoffed and just wrote an: "Alright." back. Of course you weren't allowed to join the Knights in their search for Rey. Not after...not after you'd almost shot her. It had been a mistake but Kylo didn't seem to understand that you had thought he had died. The absurdity of the situation still hadn't really settled in yet.

The doors to the holding cell opened and a few stormtroopers removed the wookie from the wall. You followed them.

Hux greeted you in the hangar. Even though greeting was a bit of an overstatement, he mustered you from top to bottom and then proceeded to just walk off into a direction, probably expecting you to follow him. Which...you did, you were supposed to stay with Chewbacca and he was taking the prisoner somewhere after all.

Wasn't this a great way to show off your power? Of course it was! Staying silent and just expecting everyone to know what you wanted was the best way to gain respect! It totally wasn't annoying at all.

"How come you're always with the Supreme Leader?", the tone of his voice was horrible. Talking down and mocking you at the same time. He probably would have looked down on you too, if you weren't as tall as you were. At least you had that. If you'd be wearing heels you'd probably be taller than him. And definitely more intimidating. Maybe you should try it?

"Because I'm his personal medic."

A simple answer for a stupid question.

He scoffed, "How did you end up as his medic? You're hardly any better than the others. There are a lot more fitting staff on hand for that job..."

"Dr. Escyle for example?"

It was a wild guess but from the minimal change in his facial expression you weren't entirely wrong with your assumption.

"The difference between me and him is...that Kylo can take me into battle. I won't start screaming like a baby. I'm a combat medic. Not a plastic surgeon."

"You aren't the best combat medic either."

"I'm the best for him personally."

This could go on for a while and neither of you wanted to engage in a childish fight. You had to give that to Hux at least, he knew when to stop...sometimes.

Escyle and Hux were close, you had suspected it for a while, now it was clear.

You didn't like this one bit, especially because Escyle and Rosie were dating. Rosie could usually keep her mouth shut but she didn't do it around people she trusted...hopefully she kept your secrets safe from him.

Well. No way to change it now, you could only hope. Apart from that, there was a full blown war going on and you had better things to do than worry about which gossip had reached your former superior's ears.

Well, theoretically he was still your superior. Practically he really wasn't.

Pryde met you in the corridors. Staring at Hux and Chewbacca, only briefly looking at you.

"The beast used to fly with Han Solo.", Hux said the pride in his voice was more unbearable than the colour of his hair. He hadn't captured it. He hadn't even been on the planet when he got captured. Why was he presenting the Wookie as if it was his personal merit?

Regardless...Han Solo?

Chewbacca growled loudly and ruined Hux's hairstyle. Perfect. Pryde's facial expression didn't change. It was just as condescending as it had been before.

"Take it to interrogation six.", he commanded.

"Move it.", the stormtrooper next to you said and they shoved Chewbacca along the corridors, you quickly following them.

He'd been assigned to you, so you'd stay with him...or at least around him. It didn't matter if you'd already done everything you could for his wound.

Boring.

But. Han Solo? Was Han Solo Kylo's dad? That...that explained many things. Leia was his mother then...but wasn't Han Solo dead? He'd...he'd killed his own father?

Images of your own father appeared in your mind. Blood. Blaster shots. No...you...you would have never been able to do that. In theory you knew that not everyone had as great of a relationship with their dad as you had but...you couldn't understand it. He had been your whole world for you. Everyone you'd looked up to. Your idol. Your protector. How anyone could have the hatred within them to kill...

You shook your head slightly, pushing away the thoughts. It wasn't up to you to judge Kylo's relationship with his family. Neither with his mother or with his father. Easier said than done, but that didn't mean you wouldn't try.

"24!", it sounded from behind you.

"Yes, Sir?", you said out of reflex and turned towards the voice, "PK-2333! Where's your brother?"

It had been a long time since you had seen either of the twins. You had to stop your training lessons after all. Nevertheless for the time being they'd been a great company.

"He's in the surveillance room. I haven't seen you for a while?"

"I know, it's been a rough time to make it short. All the same for you?"

"All the same for us. Want to join us?"

You watched the other stormtroopers take Chewie away. His wounds were taken care of, he'd just need time to heal. Theoretically your job was done. It wouldn't hurt to join the twins briefly, would it?

"Sure. I'm assigned to the Wookie, but I can see him from your room, right?"

"Always."

You followed PK-2333 to the surveillance room. It'd been a while since you'd been talking to the twins. A long while...back then you were a mere medic that had gotten the chance to work with the Supreme Leader. How times had changed. They hadn't really, they were still the same. You weren't. Too much had happened.

"Wait. What was that?", PK-2334 interrupted the conversation. He switched the view to the hangar. The picture was frozen, but in the last frame there was an all too familiar ship. Not a First Order ship either. Resistance.

"Why's it frozen?", you asked, intensly staring at the screen before getting your datapad out to look through reports from other stormtroopers. Red alerts...literally anything.

"I don't know. It's either a bug or someone is overwriting it."

PK-2333 started swiping through different cameras, trying to see if any of the views or different angles would show what was happening.

"Stop.", you commanded and pointed at a screen. The scavenger. Two stormtroopers were pointing their blasters at her, she stepped forward and moved her hand. They lowered their blasters.

"I'll alert the bridge."

"No.", you watched the picture in the camera freeze, it turned black. Then a second later it showed an empty corridor, "As far as I can see there isn't an alert yet...by all means it should have already happened. Someone wants them here..."

You got up from your chair and crossed your arms in front of your chest. Eyes darting from screen to screen for anything suspicious.

"It seems someone is overwriting the signal. It's encrypted, I don't have-"

You handed one of the twins your datapad, "Plug it in. Use my security clearance.", you crossed your arms again.

"As if that'd be-", he stopped and looked at various functions and menus popping up that hadn't been there previously,"Oh.", he stopped and scrolled through the various new options,"Oh shit. You have the highest?! How did that happen!"

"Doesn't matter, who is doing it?", you watched him open a few submenus until he was where he wanted to be.

"A level below you...your level is higher than General Hux's?"

"Is it Hux?"

"Yes. It's General Hux."

"I fucking knew it.", you unplugged your datapad again and subconsciously started pressing your teeth together. A few of the streams didn't turn back on and just stayed black. They'd probably shot them. It's not like you could tell it with Hux overwriting it. Some of the other streams just showed empty corridors. Others were frozen. Some weren't accessible.

Your datapad buzzed, showing a simple message that intruders had been spotted. Nothing about them being with the Resistance. Nothing about it being Rey, the scavenger...Hux again, probably.

"They want to free the Wookie. I'll give them another five minutes before they reach us. You two stay in here, I'll...I'll risk something.", you took a deep breath, "Tell Kylo that I have it under control. He'll understand. Also...", you grabbed a blaster from PK-2334's holster, "I'll borrow this."

You went out of the room, into an area where the cameras couldn't see you and unplugged them. Continuing to do so until you'd reached Chewbacca's cell. You placed a finger over your mouth as you entered his cell, pulled out your silenced blaster and shot a camera inside his room. As far as you knew, you weren't visible on any of the streams. Perfect.

"Your friends are here to get you.", you walked up to him and freed him from his restraints, "I'm with you."

He growled low. You couldn't really tell if he was happy or not. Did he believe you? Well it didn't matter. They'd free him soon any way...like this you could pretend to be on their side. Maybe it'd help you.

"But...", you handed him the other blaster, "The First Order can't know I'm with you. I...", you took a deep breath and looked down, doing your best to be as genuine as possible, "I've...I have a sister. If they know they'll-"

It was best to stop the sentence right there. With a bit of luck he'd believe you. With a bit of luck he'd think you were on his side. To be fair, you hadn't really thought this plan through.

All you knew was that his two companions would have freed him within a short time anyway. If you or the two stormtroopers would have posed any threat towards them, you'd all end up dead. Obviously you could have shot them too, but you weren't exactly a good marksman on short range with a blaster. Good enough, but from how those two shot you were definitely worse.

Hiding in the surveillance room? Another option, obviously. But how would that look? Cowardly and idiotic. That's how. Now by freeing the wookie, which any way would happen very soon you'd at least get some bonus points. Next time you'd meet he'd be friendly. Or at least the chances that he was instantly going to shoot you were less likely.

Given how many stormtroopers they had already killed you really didn't want that to happen.

He watched you for a bit, taking the blaster and nodded. Then without a warning he grabbed you by the waist, easily swinging you over his shoulder.

"What!", it escaped you and you tried to get off of him...needless to say it didn't work. Even though you were relatively tall, he was much taller and much stronger.

No. No. No. This was...you'd just wanted to free him because he'd be free soon anyway. You didn't want to join him! Staying here was far better. Now...now he'd what? Take you with him? Is that what he thought you had wanted? You wanted to scream, but only did so internally. Not according to plan. This was not according to plan.

The thoughts were racing through your mind, searching for the best way out. Should you try to escape? Not an option.

Before you could protest any further he was already storming out of the cell, running towards the blaster shot sounds from his friends. He growled loudly and you decided to just play unconscious, hanging lifelessly off his shoulder. It was the best option. He'd not be thrown off by your squirming...it would make your fake sister story more believable. The First Order would anyway think that he'd knocked you out. Fuck.

No matter how hard you tried to make this situation better in your head than it was...you failed. It wasn't an ideal situation. Not at all. Did he plan to take you with them? How would that go? How would Kylo know? You'd just be gone? With everyone believing you had been kidnapped by the Resistance?

You shifted your weight slightly. Good, your datapad was still there. If you'd plug be able to secretly plug it into whatever ship they were planning to flee with then you could tell Kylo.

"CHEWIE!", they both said at the same time.

"Who is that?", the white one asked.

Chewie growled. You really needed a droid soon, this was getting annoying.

"She's with us? Why'd you knock her out!"

"Not knocked out. Just pretending to be.", you whispered as the other guy lifted your arm to see if you were still alive.

Chewie howled out loud.

"Okay. Later, Finn. We've got to leave!"

You didn't really have a long time to think about the massive mistake you just had made by freeing the Wookie before their killing spree of innocent stormtroopers came to an end. You heard a scream, presumably from the white guy. You'd seen his picture somewhere? Was it Poe?

Poe screamed, chaos ensued and within less than a minute you were surrounded by stormtroopers all pointing their blasters at you.

"Put her down!", one of the stormtroopers commanded and Chewbacca carefully placed you on the floor. You groaned quietly as if you'd just been waking up.

"Who's that?"

"MD-2442.", another one said, moving your arm away with his blaster to take a look at the name tag on your chest. You slowly opened your eyes and blinked a few times. There was nothing you'd have wanted to do more than strangle said stormtrooper. Was he completely and utterly retarded? Pointing his blaster at someone clearly with them?

"I know her. She's the Knight's personal medic."

"And the Supreme Leader's...", one of the others noted quietly.

You used the slight moment of distraction to grab the blaster by the barrel, moving it away from your chest and quickly taking it from the stormtrooper.

"What were you thinking?", you groaned. Their blasters were now pointed at you. You slowly got up and hit the stormtrooper on the helmet with the handle, "If you ever point a blaster at me again I will kill you."

"I'm sorry, Ma'am."

"You better be.", you said and looked over at Chewbacca. He looked worried, if something with that much hair could ever actually look worried. You smiled weakly, hoping he would still believe that you were on their side.

Anyhow! It was a surprising but welcoming turn into the right direction! Not getting abducted by the Resistance because they believed you were one of them.

How had you gotten yourself into this mess again?

"Allegiant General, the scavenger is not with them.", a stormtrooper said as they proudly presented their prisoners to Pryde. Unlike Hux earlier the Stormtrooper had actually participated in taking them into custody.

Pryde looked about as condescending as he always did. He probably just had a resting bitch face. Or his facial muscles were paralyzed? After all, you had never seen him smile.

"Why are you here?", he asked you. He'd have looked down on you if you weren't as tall as you were.

"We found her. The Wookie had taken her hostage.", a stormtrooper answered for you before you managed to open your mouth. You threw him an angry look.

Yes. Hostage. Exactly.

Pryde grunted in disapproval of what the wookie had done. Or that you'd gotten yourself captured. One of the two, didn't matter which one.

"Take them away.", he said, mustering the Wookie, "Terminate them."

"No.", you blurted out. Far too quickly and far too commanding for your rank. Pryde knew that Kylo and you were close but the way you had spoken to him now still wasn't adequate for your rank.

"No?", he asked.

Hux, who was standing next to Pryde, made himself slightly taller, looking down on you. Of course he'd be happy with you stepping out of line. There was even a slight hint of a smile on his face. It made sense why Kylo disliked him so much. You were very well aware that you had done something wrong, there was no need for Hux to rub it in.

"I'm under strict command to watch over the Wookie. By the Supreme Leader, Allegiant General.", you straightened your back and took a step forward, so you wouldn't be half standing behind a stormtrooper.

Hux squinted his eyes slightly. You smiled about as faintly as he had before. It was enough to wipe his own smile off his face. Pryde didn't care much for the little shenanigans between you two.

"Just the Wookie?", Pryde asked and you nodded, "Terminate the humans then."

"What!", Poe shouted and started squirming, trying to get away from the stormtroopers.

"NO!", Finn screamed, you could feel his helpless stares on your back. Chewie growled loudly. Fuck.

What was that on Hux's face? Was he worried? It was either that or discomfort from having eaten something wrong. You could almost see the gears turning in his tiny brain.

"I'll see that it is properly done.", Hux said to Pryde, while he was already turning around to tend to some more important business.

You took a few stormtroopers with you and went into the opposite direction of Hux. Chewbacca was howling loudly, doing his best to try to turn back to his friends. Nothing to be done now. At least you weren't involved in this mess anymore.

"Wait.", Hux shouted and you stopped in your tracks, turning around to look at him.

"What is it?"

He turned a faint pink of anger at you, once again, not addressing him properly. Playing these games was simply too much fun to just stop. His personal hell...not getting addressed properly. How pathetic.

"Make the Wookie watch.", a smile crept over his face. You looked up to Chewbacca, he stared over at Finn and Poe. Cruel.

You sighed loudly and motioned them to turn around and follow him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 438 32
On the way to a scout out a rebel base, your ship gets shot down by x-wings. You, a medically trained soldier of the First Order, a Trooper, and your...
1.9K 86 22
The First Order arrives to your home planet. Your life gets flipped upside down when you are chosen to be Kylo's bride. Your heart aches, you fear y...
105K 3.3K 29
You're an up and coming journalist with dreams of becoming a well known investigative reporter. Saddled with a new assignment to write an expansive p...
396K 8.3K 27
You're the only female TIE fighter pilot in the First Order. You had natural ability. An...instinct...in the cockpit that you couldn't explain. Some...