Diamond Eyes [Promised Neverl...

By ktel11

(Y/N) is an 11-year-old orphan living in Grace Field House, along with 37 other orphans. What's interesting a... More

-Before We Start-
Grace Field House
Exit
Let's Play A Game Of Tag!
Control
Trump Card
The Secret Room and William Minerva
Bait
Eradicate
A New Beginning

She Got Us!

4.6K 238 296
By ktel11

Ring!

Ring!

The sound of bell caught you off your thoughts and decided to head towards the ring of the bell. Which brought you to the person you were looking for.

"Ray!" You yelled his name, instantly running to him and looping your arms around his own. "I've been looking everywhere for you!" You exclaimed, thinking, 'Hmm~! Yes! Ray's arms are the best to hug!'

"Geez, you're always looking for me." He grinned, "Do you really need me that much?"

"Yes!"

He deadpanned before turning his attention to Isabella with Emma, "Dinner preparations are ready, Mama."

"I'll be right there." Isabella kindly replied.

Ray started to walk away alongside with you as you fangirl at how nice his shoulder felt. "Hey, (Y/N)."

You replied with a dreamy voice, not paying attention to him, "Yes~?"

"Did the three of you go to the gate yesterday?"

"Hmm?" You hummed in thought, pondering if you should tell him or not. 'Norman and Emma said to me that I have to keep it a secret so..."

"A hundred times nope!" You answered in a carefree tone, not focusing on his question but his arms, "Mmm~ I would never get tired of praising Ray's arms."

He was quiet for a moment before finally saying, "I see..."

Suddenly, you yelled in surprised as if you'd realized something and detach from his arms, even though it pains you. "I'mma check on Norman and Emma." You said in a pained and strained voice as you dramatically drops on your knees and stared at his arm, "I'm sorry for leaving you, my love...b-but."

This always happen when you leave Ray when you didn't want to...so, let's say that he was used to it however it doesn't change the fact that he's still a lil bit weirded out. 'And here she goes again.'

"Yeah, yeah, just leave already and don't start a monologue here."

As fast as light, you immediately stand up, your tone switching from pained to happy like a light switch. "Okie! Bye!" And with that you left and chased Emma and Norman.

****

"Ah—" You were about to talk to them but you spotted them breathing heavily like they spotted something scary. Emma is on her knees and Norman's hand is tightly clutching his chest.

After a while, they seemed to calm down just a little bit. Norman offered his right hand to Emma. The way his offered hand trembles didn't go unnoticed by you, as you stare at it, feeling an odd and unfamiliar feeling creeping up your chest.

'Why is he trembling? Is Norman scared? But why? There's no monster here. I don't know why but... I don't like seeing him tremble.'

Unconsciously, your left hand grasp Norman's trembling hand making him and Emma face you with slight surprise and relief at your appearance. You stared at his no longer trembling hand with a neutral face before grinning happily and firmly squeeze it. You also took Emma's left hand after she stand up.

Giving them a grin, you cheered them up, "Come on you guys! Why're you scared for? There's no monster here!" Your tone changed to a superhero voice, "And if there is, then I'll defeat them using the power of hugs and kisses! No being can withstand it! So have no fear, (Y/N) is here!"

Your speech definitely gave them a few laughs and giggles at how cheesy and awesome it was. Their panicked state was no longer and replaced with their usual selves.

"Hahaha! You're right, as long as you're here there's nothing to fear! Superhero (Y/N)!" Emma grinned and laugh, causing your chest to proudly heave up.

"Yup, you're definitely our hero (Y/N). Thank you." Norman agreed, making you huff in confidence.

Your grin got wider as they complimented you before all three of you burst out laughing before hapilly walking hand in hand with them.

.

.

.

.

Time passed by, and as you look at the clock it's exactly ten o'clock. Meaning that it's the time where you, Emma and Norman get some ropes.

With lanters you and Emma followed Norman. He started picking the keyhole of the door, making you awe him in silence, careful to make any noise since everybody in the house is asleep.

A click from the door was heard, indicating that it's successfully unlocked. The three of you walked in and began to search for some ropes or anything that will work as a rope.

'Oh~ this is spooky! I like it!' You started searching and looking around, but got distracted in the process of being too excited, 'This is so exhilarating!'

****

It's the next day and after your search, all of you successfully found ropes.

"This was a really good idea, Norman." Emma began, opening the lower buttons of her shirt and revealed a table cloth that's wrapped around her waist.

"A hundred percent agreed!" You began unwrapping the table cloth from your waist.

"Thanks, I figured that this can be used as a rope."

After unwrapping all of the table cloths, Emma climbed up a tree and hide the table cloth inside a tree hole before jumping down beside you.

"Okay. The challenge is still ahead of us."

"Hey, Norman." Emma called to Norman, "I think it might be fine if we told Ray."

You raised your arm and nod your head up and down, "Oh~ yep, yep, we definitely have to tell Ray." You strongly agreed. Norman also agreed and said that he's been thinking about it for a while and reason that Ray wouldn't panick, and want himself to talk to Ray.

"Why?"

With a startled expression, the three of you turned to look for the sound of his familiar voice.

"Ray!" You squeal.

"Yo." He greeted with a tiny wave, walking passed the bushes and head towards the three of you, "Sorry, I followed you guys. It's been bugging me for a while, so I thought I should ask about it." He step forwards and handed you his book before silently walking behind and put his shoulders around yours and Norman's shoulder, pulling you all towards him and are squished with each other.

"What happened at the gate that night?" Ray question, causing Emma and Norman to sheepishly look away. You were just happy at the contact with Ray and didn't give care about his question.

"You three were clearly acting weird and you where empty-handed when you said you couldn't make it."

Norman commented, "You're perceptive."

He tightened his gripped around you causing you to go nuts but decided to suppress it and cover your mouth with your hands.

"So of course something happened. Give it up!"

Emma nervously said, "Ray is smart, too, after all."

All three of you decided to tell Ray what happened. The demons, the farm, the children, the food.

Ray mutters as he stare at the ground, "Demons...a farm... Mama is an enemy?" He looks forward and said, "Isn't this bad?"

"Oho! As expected of Ray!" You exclaimed in admiration, unlike Emma who commented in disbelief, "He catches so fast!"

"So you're saying we were preciously taken care of to become demons food." Ray nonchalantly said.

"I mean..." Emma said, "I'm surprised you're believing us so easily."

"Huh? Of course. Norman wouldn't make up such stupid lie." Ray confidently said before adding in a teasing voice, "It'd be different with both of you."

Emma, made weird gestures before flopping down in defeat. Ray, certainly proves the point as you weren't listening cause you were picking your earhole with your pinky finger, with an oblivious and nonchalant voice you asked, "Hmm? What? I didn't hear what you just said."

"Exactly just as I said." Ray deadpanned before moving on, "So, if we're really going to escape, there are various issues." He listed, "First, the number of kids. We'll narrow it down to who can make it and —."

Emma cuts him off, "Wait!"

"Huh?"

"I want to escape with everyone." Emma announced, "Lend us your strength, Ray!"

With Emma's statement, Ray's eyes were wide from shock, muttering in a low voice, "Everyone? You're kidding, right?"

Norman nervously fidget his gaze from the ground, while you found this situation entertaining, 'Oh~ The air's getting heavier! Ray does have a point tho.' You put your index finger and thumb against your chin while your elbow rest on your other arm.

Ray began to explain his rational point, "There are 38 of us, and the majority are under six years old." He continued, "Mama. Demons. Tracking Devices. These factors make an already difficult escape even more challenging."

As soon as Ray finished Emma immediately said, "I know that. But it's not impossible —."

"No, it's impossible."

'Oh! Denial! As expected of my rational Ray! So cool~."

"Emma, you haven't noticed, have you?"

Norman quickly interrupted Ray, becoming nervous that Ray is gonna tell her the hard and painful truth. Ray seems to already figured out why he wanted to talk to him alone, Ray walks towards Emma as he said, "You have to be blunt about this kinds of things." He faced her with a stern look, "Emma."

"What?" She nervously asked.

"It won't be enough just to escape from here."

"What do you mean?"

"We don't know what it's like on the outside. But there's a place we're getting shipped to, because there's a farm, that should give you an idea." His sentence seem to get Emma, Ray continued, "What waits outside is a demon's society. There is no place for humans to live." Emma gasped in realization.

"If we take everyone, we'll all die." Ray puts his hand on Emma's shoulder, as he consults her, "We leave them behind. That's the best option."

Emma closed her eyes before bluntly saying, "No way."

"Pfft! Hahaha!" You burst out laughing at Emma's blunt and sure tone while she stubbornly explains that escaping with everyone is not impossible.

"Huh?!" Ray angrily said, at Emma's delusions about not wanting everyone to die and to try another option. "I want Conny to be the last. I don't want anyone to end up like that again." She exclaimed with her loudest voice, "If there isn't one, then let's make a place for humans to live outside. Let's change the world!"

You continued laughing at Emma's speech and Ray's rare and shocked expression. Emma grabbed both of Ray's wrist and tug him towards her, shaking him around as she continues, "So, Ray, you're the one who has to give up! Stop jabbering around and help us!"

Ray's expression went from shock to frustration and then to anger. He whipped his wrist away causing Emma to spin around making you and Norman wheezed. He laughed alongside you, while you roll on the ground and continued to hysterically laughed and snort.

Ray offensively turned his attention to both you and Norman. "Hey, you two, how can—." He didn't even finished as Emma once again, cut him off, "We'll escape with everyone, no matter what!" She swing her arms back and forth like a stubborn child, "Or else! I won't do it! I won't! I won't!"

Ray irritatedly point his index finger at Emma while he talks to Norman, "Do something about that idiot! She's unreasonable! At this point she's much more of a moron and stupid than (Y/N)!"

Norman just laughed at him before cheerfully replying, "I know right? But I'm glad she's cheerful."

You and Emma decided to leave Ray and Norman alone to their discussion and walk towards the wall. Emma glanced up, examining it before turning her head to you with a curious thought.

She asked, "Did you also knew about the outside, like Ray explained?"

You answered with no hesitation in your voice, "Yep!"

Emma asked again, "Oh...then, you also want to escape with everyone...just like me." She muttered the last part in her breath but you still managed to catch it.

You closed your eyes and hummed in thought before facing her with a simple smile, "Well, Emma, you see..." With a slight opened of your eyes but with the same smile you told her, "I'm not nice like you."

It was odd. Emma felt something odd about you. You were still wearing your usual smile, have voice with your still cheery tone but... It was your eyes. They look like beautiful diamonds that shone when lights hit it, but right now as Emma witnesses it. It doesn't. It was cold and empty paired with a smile.

Ding!

Ding!

"Oh, that was the bell. We better get going Emma."

"Ah." She flutter her eyes before nodding her bead. "Yeah, let's go with Norman And Ray."

.

.

.

.

.

All 38 children gathered around the hall of the house. Letting out awes as they saw Isabella holding an infant with light orange hair and blue eyes. But she wasn't the only one in front, alongside her was—.

"Let me introduce her." Isabella announced, "This is your newest little sister, Carol. And this is Sister Krone. She's here to help me."

The woman named, Krone, has a brown complexion and black curly hair with a tall and buff stature. She kindly smiles as she was introduced.

"A-An adult?" Emma nervously murmurs.

Norman mutters, "Another enemy?"

'A new person to hug!'

Krone greeted with a kind and friendly voice, "I will be living here with all of you starting for today. It's nice to meet you."

Tons of kids greeted her beside you, Emma, Ray and Norman. Emma and Norman had an intense expression while Ray masked it off with a poker face. You just excitedly stare at Krone from a distance.

'Is she huggable?'

****

Done!

Aight! Imma make a clarification that this will mainly be focused on the story, yet and not the romance because I wanna work more on reader's character development. But don't worry there's gonna be a lot more romance scene in the future so don't lose hope!

It's pretty funny because I already have the perfect ending to this book yet I only have three chapters published lol. I wanna finish this quick XD.

And I'm gonna add that this won't have many comedies as I like. Because the anime is more on a serious atmosphere so...yeah, sorry. You guys won't probably laugh as much :l

Hope you enjoy the chapter! Have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 403 36
⚠️ FIXED⚠️ .. kinda. Ignore any typos. There is 38 children at Gracefeild house, they consider everyone family here, Emma, Ray, Norman, and (Y/n), a...
460 35 29
❝You two are so cute, it's sickening." Norman said. I laughed, "We could say the same about you and Em." "Okay, that's fair." Norman said, wrapping...
122K 2.8K 93
Emma, Norman y/n and ray are all orphans and best friends living at Grace Field House Orphanage. Every day is full of games and joy. One fateful day...
82.4K 2.9K 33
❝ 𝙄 𝙆𝙀𝙋𝙏 𝙍𝙐𝙉𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙈𝙔 𝙁𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝙊𝙁 𝘽𝙀𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙉 ❞ [ COMPLETED STORY ] ❝ 𝘋𝘖𝘌𝘚 𝘞𝘖𝘕𝘋𝘌𝘙𝘓𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘌𝘟𝘐...