Corpse Groom 🦋 (Corpse Bride...

By LyndaDover

(Male Emily) Charlotte Van Dort is getting married to Son of Everglot (Victor) but when she messed up the wed... More

Announcement
Characters
Introduction
Chapter 1 According To Plan
Chapter 2 Beautiful Music
Chapter 3 Unexpected Things
Chapter 4 Remains Of Day
Chapter 5 Misunderstanding
Chapter 6 Wedding Couple
Chapter 7 Elder Gutknecht
Chapter 8 Moonlight Dancing
Chapter 9 Loving Moment
Chapter 10 Confession
Chapter 11 Brothers Reunion
Chapter 12 Hopscotch
Chapter 14 Someone You Loved
Chapter 15 Lady Barkis
Chapter 16 Get It Right
Chapter 17 New Arrival
Chapter 18 Marriage Is Just A Piece Of Paper
Chapter 19 Victor's & Lady Barkis Wedding
Chapter 20 Charlotte's Choice
Chapter 21 The Wedding
Chapter 22 The Dead Walk The Earth
Chapter 23 Emmanuel's Second Thoughts
Chapter 24 The Victim And The Murderous Reunited
Chapter 25 The Duel
Chapter 26 Victor's Sacrifice and Lady Barkis Price
Chapter 27 One Last Chance
Chapter 28 Happy Ending
New Books Information
Soundtracks Playlist
Corpse Groom Characters

Chapter 13 Victor's Escape

1.4K 32 4
By LyndaDover

(Song Theme: Danny Elfman- Victoria's Escape)

3rd POV.

Meanwhile back to the living world, the rain started to pour down with the storms while there's communion going on at the Everglots house.

Victor's POV.

"It's true mother, Charlotte is married to a dead man. I saw him, a corpse! Standing right there with Charlotte." I explained to mother, walking to the fireplace while my hands dragged my hair down to my face. "Charlotte was in your room?" Mother asked in a surprise tone. "I have to help her!" I exclaimed worried tone, move my hand out of face.

"The scandal!" She hissed, thinking I'm insane. "Come sit in your chair dearie, you're shaking like a leaf. Let Hilde fetch you a blanket." Hildegarde The Maid suggested kindly to me. "Fetch him a straitjacket! He's completely mad!" Mother disagreed angrily. "Look mother, I'm telling the truth, I will find the way to save her from the Corpse Groom with or without your help." I scold at her. "You will not do such ridiculous thing, Victor. Come Hildegarde!" Mother said cold as Hildegarde followed her to the door. Mother hold the key and shut the door to lock it, trying to lock me in.

"Alright fine, I guess I'll have to do the hard way now." I muttered turned around to the balcony door window to open in it while it's still raining outside. Lucky I have curtains to use as a rope to climbed down carefully from the rain. I held the curtians on tight as it began to rip and tear down a bit.

I was half way there to the ground but stop when I saw on my left side is my father appeared at the window looking at his pocket watch. "Finis, come to bed at once." Mother ordered him. He yawned at first and did what he's been told. Suddenly the curtains ripped off as I fell down a bit to the ground. Luckily it wasn't too high for me or else I would be injured. Then I wrapped myself in the curtains from the rain and headed towards out of town, over the bridge and to the church since there's only one person I know who would help me to stop Emmanuel and bring Charlotte back.

Once I approach the door, I knock the door several times till Pastor Galswells open after I remove the curtains. "Mister Everglot. What are you doing here? You should be at home, wallowing in grief." Pastor Galswells said. "Pastor Galswells, I have to ask you something." I explained. "This is most irregular." He stated trying to shut the door in front of me but I immediately push the door to open and coming in as he step back away from me. "Please, I need you your help. You are the only one in the village who knows of what awaits beyond the grave." I begged after he finally stopped stepping back made him surprised. "A grim topic for a groom-to-be." He said. "It's a groom I fear and insulted me that has stolen my bride, which is I ask." I explained in a darker tone. "Can the living marry the dead?" I asked as the lighting flashes. "What on earth are you speaking about?" He asked after he jumped in horror. "It's Charlotte, she's married to a corpse. She has a corpse groom. Please there must be a way to get her back." I explained desperately. "I believe I know the thing to do. Come with me." He instructed after putting out the candle.

3rd POV.

A few minutes later before Victor knew, Pastor Galswells returned him home, holding Victor's shoulders and knocking the door. "Victor? What are you doing here? Where's your coat?" Maudeline Everglot asked in a shock tone after opening the door. "He's speaking in tongues, of unholy alliance. His mind has come undone, I fear." Pastor Galswells exclaimed still holding on Victor's shoulders as Victor trying to break free from Galswells grasp. "It's not true! Let me go you filthy liar. You call yourself a priest!" Victor yelled as he ripped his arm away from Galswells.

But Maudeline Everglot ignored her son's complaint and pulled him back inside the house. "Thank you, Pastor Galswells. Thank you so very much." She thanked him gently before shutting the door. After that she turned back to her son while holding the piece of the curtains from Victor. "Take him back to his room!" She order her servants with the scold tone and look. "No, I'm telling the truth. Charlotte needs my help." Victor yelled as Hildegarde and Emil pulled him away to the stairs. "Hildegarde, you believe me, don't you? Mother, Father, please." Victor begged struggling to break free from the servants. "Seal the doors and bar windows. See to it that he doesn't escape again." Maudeline Everglot yelled. "She needs our help! Oh, let me go! Let me go!" Victor still begged until he finally approached to his room.

"Will the mortification never cease? It will be years before we can show ourselves in public again. What shall we do?" Maudeline cried in stress, heading towards the fireplace with her husband. "We shall continue as planned, with or without Cheryl." Finis Everglot informed her while looking at the fire. "Charlotte" Maudeline correct him. "Whatever." He grumbled. What they did not know someone ears dropping on them while hiding in the shadow corner.

"For that girl to toss aside a man like Victor.... it's positively criminal." A female spoke pretending sad tone got the Everglots attention. It turned out to be Lady Barkis, appeared from the shadows corner. "Why, if I had a man like your son by my side, I would lavish him with the respect and care he deserves as we lived together with riches befitting royalty." Lady Barkis declared.

"Your master husband is a most fortunate man." Maudeline replied. "Alas, I am not married.... I was betrothed some years ago.... but tragedy snatched my young groom away." Lady Barkis said still pretending sad tone. "When one lives alone, wealth counts for naught." She added till The Everglots looked at each other with grinned smugly and headed to Victor's room that Lady Barkis knew that she's in with the evil smirk face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457 5 16
*Content Introduction* I swear, Your Grace will not regret marrying me. I became an extra doomed to be assassinated shortly after marriage. It's sad...
191 5 19
All know the story of the bride who could never be - left to die the night before her wedding - and the vow to wait until someone would come and save...
16.9K 597 12
꧁༒☬𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝔃𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓻 𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓵𝔂, 𝓪 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓱. 𝓘𝓽...
2.6K 456 25
Prom, exams, turning your longtime crush into a zombie... life's tough when you're a teenage necromancer. *** Willow has had a crush on Jensen Peters...