DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 67: WAR
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 71: RISK
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST

1.3K 23 6
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene picks up where we left off. The team had met Jupiter, and was curious about his offer to them.

Dean: what exactly is this, problem?

Jupiter: as I'm sure you are aware, our world has more then just Grimm. We are also under the threat of demons, fallen angels, and many other mystical threats that threaten our world. We tend to keep this knowledge hidden from the student. But, you four, and even your friends have had a few encounters with them.

Vali: your point?

Jupiter: (pulls out his scroll) this particular threat, requires someone of your abilities.

Pressing a button, he creates a hologram of a display of the symbol for "Summer."

Jupiter: there's a certain individual that is of vital importance. We've sent multiple huntsmen to retrieve them, but they encountered multiple threats of the supernatural variety. To make matters worse, we haven't been able to gather much data on our person's whereabouts.

Nikki: why are you telling us this?

Týra: (puts it together) because he wants us to find them.

Jupiter: right you are, Ms. Jötum! I'm offering you four your first official mission as Huntsmen and Huntresses.

Ozpin: however, I interceded. This kind of mission is something that requires at least a three-year team, or huntsmen with more suitable capabilities.

Jupiter: but there's no other students like them. Their powers are more impressive and they're stronger then even a full-legged Huntsman. (Turns to them) I understand if none of you want to do this. But, just know, that this mission isn't just for the benefit of your training, but for the future of all life on Remnant.

Dean: all of Remnant? That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Ozpin: (covers it) he just means that this kind of mission would help inspire other trainees. But still, a mission like this is a bit extreme for all of you to start with.

Jupiter: that's is why I will give you some time to think this over. But, I would like your official answer by the end of the week.

The four glance at each other, and they thought of the same thing.

Dean: can you provide some info on this mission to help us decide?

Later on, they were with CFVY in their dorm, trying to decide on whether or not to go.

Coco: so let me get this straight; a professor from Haven, who specializes in the Supernatural world, offered you guys a mission, that pros have had a hard time completing, and little information?

Dean: yep. Info says that the person is in someplace called Jotunheim, and that the path to it is filled with monsters.

Yatsuhashi: wait, Jotunheim? As in the realm of the giants from Norse mythology, Jotunheim?

Nikki: apparently. Which, that in of itself sounds phony.

Týra: Jotunheim is not a place to joke about, Nikki.

Nikki: c'mon, Týra. We're talking about the mythical homeland of the giants that was nearly destroyed by Odin and Thor.

Vali: until it was sealed off, along with the other nine realms, after the great battle of Ragnarok.

Fox: that's right. The great battle that destroyed everything and resulted in the new world being created after the destruction.

Nikki: it's a fairytale. To teach people not to repeat events like that. If a place like that really was real, don't you think it's odd people haven't found proof of it?

Velvet: that's because most of the history left behind was destroyed during Ragnarok. Is the location your looking for something similar?

Dean: well, it does say it's supposed to be somewhere far in the mountains, far from Atlas. So, it's in a place we know.

Coco: I guess that something. What about the person themselves?

Dean: details are vague. All we know is that they're female, at least 50, and their location is so discrete, we're limited to finding them with a (holds up device) tracking phob. 

Velvet: but, those are used for bounty hunters to find their targets.

Vali: which makes this more fishy.

Fox: so, does that mean you won't take the mission?

Týra: we plan to discuss it later tonight, but wished for your input.

Coco: well, if we were given a mission like this, I'd say pass. Without more info, there's not a lot to go on.

Yatsuhashi: but, at the same time, this would be experience for you all to get in the field.

Fox: what about the Professor himself?

Nikki: we did look into him, and he is a professor at Haven.

Karasu: not to mention, Professor Ozpin seems familiar with him.

Velvet: well, then I say talk it over with each other. If you want to take this assignment, then you should. If not, then things won't have to change. But either way, we'll support you guys and trust your judgment.

*END OF THE WEEK*

A bullhead was flying over a forest in the far north. After some discussion, the team decided that they would at least do a recon to see if they can locate Jotunheim. If not, they would call the mission off and continue on with their lives. The bullhead opens up and the team jumps out and starts skydiving down until they reached closer to the woods, and performed the same landing strategies they used for the initiation.

Dean: nice, team.

Nikki: (looks around) wow, I've never been to this part of Remnant before.

Vali: not many have. It's often populated with Grimm and other monsters. No wonder the huntsmen have had a hard time navigating through this place.

Týra: where does the phob indicate where we need to go?

Dean: (checks it) we need to the East from where we are, towards the mountain over there.

They made their way over, encountering Grimm and dragur, until they arrived to the base of the mountain. Climbing would take forever, but luckily, there was a pathway leading inside. They entered the cave and used Ravage as their light source. As they walked, they saw ancient writings on the walls. Týra was able to translate it as it told that this was once a mining colony until the Aesir came and over ruled them.

Týra: according to this, this mine is one of the remaining remnants of the times of the Norse before Ragnarok.

Dean: really? If that was doomsday, then how did this place survive?

Vali: while most of the landscape suffered, the lower parts of the mine were preserved in the mountain. If we're lucky, there should be a platform that can lift us up higher to the top.

They passed through some old doors and found the main area of the mine. They were surprised to see how much was in tact, but soon that moment was cut short as the area changed and they had entered Limbo, only the whole area suddenly went on its side and the were on the far right.

Nikki: woah! What the bloody hell is this!?

Dean: don't know. This never happened before.

Týra: looks like something's controlling this experience, now.

Vali: well, whatever it is, something tells me it's not permanent. We better hurry and move.

Dean: good idea. Let's use this to get to the top faster.

Wasting no time, they hurried towards the top(?) as monsters spawned and they fought their way through. The fight was getting more intense though as Dean and Vali triggered their devil triggers to hurry, but time was running out. Seeing on what's happening, Týra grabs Nikki and hurries to a ledge closer to the top, and the boys used their wings to fly there as the the way shifts back to normal and the remaining monsters fell to their deaths.

Dean DT: that was close.

Nikki: yeah, thanks for the save, Týra. Though, out of curiosity, do I weigh anything to you?

Týra: (sets her down) no. It's holding a couple of grapes.

Vali DT: well, now that we're closer, we should make our way to the top.

???: wait!

Surprised by the voice, everyone turns to the source of it. But, to their shock, they were greeted by a talking head with writing on him, horns, two gold glowing eyes, a beard, and rope tied around the horns.

???: brother! I never thought I'd be happier to see... (realizes something) oh, wait. You're not him. My apologies, lass. For some reason, you reminded me of an old friend of mine.

Dean: (devil trigger deactivates) what the hell?

Nikki: a talking head? There's something you don't see everyday.

Vali: (devil trigger deactivates) who are you?

???: I'm Odin's former knowledge keeper. I know every secret ever told, and every word ever spoken across these lands. They call me Mimir!

Týra: Mimir? The legends said you died during Ragnarok.

Mimir: oh, don't remind be of that Hell of a nightmare! An all out battle between Aesir, giants, elves, dwarves, Vanir, and mortals, all the way until the bloody clash ended with the realms destroyed. The only thing that could've made it worse is if the Umbrian Witches, or demons like Sparda, joined in the fight.

Nikki: (intrigued) wait, you know about the witches?

Dean: and Sparda?

Mimir: I've met a few witches, but I've only heard of Sparda by name. Although, you lot carry an unusual power. Two of you hold some of Sparda's blood inside you, one is a witch, and one holds a familiar power from long ago. (Beat) so, I take it you didn't come all this way out here to find me?

Vali: our mission is of no importance to you, head.

Mimir: probably smart, not trusting me. Through, if it makes you feel better, given my current state, I'm of no threat to any of you.

Karasu: (appears) well, if you must know, we're looking for something in a place called Jotunheim.

Mimir: oh, then I'm afraid you lot might be out of luck. Before Ragnarok, the passageways to Jotunheim were destroyed to protect the remaining giants. And the Bifrost bridge was damaged during the battle.

Dean: damnit! Well, I guess that means the mission's a lost cause.

Mimir: hold on, lad. I said "might," not "completely." You two are blood relatives to Sparda himself, which means you have access to the Yamato. If we can give it a certain kind of Norse magic, then you can use it to open a path to any of the Nine Realms.

Vali: it that even possible?

Nikki: we have encountered stranger things.

Vali: we could be heading into a trap.

Týra: maybe, but we've come this far. It's your call, Dean.

Dean: (long pause) let's try it. And, bring Mimir with us.

Nikki: ew, I'm not touching that!

Mimir: "that," has a name, lass!

Týra reaches over and grabs the rope and clips it to her belt behind.

Mimir: I never thought I'd be happy to be back in this position again. Oh, I didn't get all your names.

Dean: I'm Dean.

Nikki: name's Nikki.

Vali: Vali.

Týra: and I'm Týra.

Dean: together, we're Team DVNT!

Mimir: Team deviant? What's that supposed to be?

Týra: it's our code name from Beacon Academy. You haven't heard of it.

Mimir: sister, I haven't left this bloody pocket dimension since I was caught in here after Ragnarok. My mind will need to adjust to the knowledge of the new world after we escape.

Dean: okay then. Let's get out of here.

Author's note: finally updated!
Sorry it took so long, I had a hard time writing this, so it took some time figuring it out. Plus, with everything that's been happening, I needed a break from social media and restart my mind to get back into the right head-space.
The team has their first mission. If you're getting "Mandelorian" vibes off this, their mission is heavily based off this.
Mimir returns! He'll be with the team for the rest of the story, and help them along their way.
I'll be working more on this and updating KH3: DW soon.

Next chapter: the target.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 3.8K 44
(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here!
298 4 10
Catalina, burdened by her family's legacy of renowned hunters, embarks on a journey with her cousin and friends to become a skilled huntress. The sto...
4.1K 113 97
Beacon academy is full of surprises in the main timeline but what if, some more huntsmen and huntresses joined the cast. Team Arcc, Team Pyda and Tea...
3.5K 69 15
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...