Forgetting Prince Charming.

By Keri8794

She's had a secret kept safe for three years, one that would tear her family apart. It only took one drunk en... More

Preface
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 11

3K 334 12
By Keri8794

Linda was furious. She had every right to be but, it didn't stop Emma's giggling. "What did you do to her?" Linda was glaring at Joey with her hands stretched in Emma's direction. Emma was laying on the floor. She'd been caught making snow angles on the carpet. Linda took one look at Emma giggling on the floor and started yelling at Joey.

"Why do you think I did something?" he scoffed.

Emma watched Linda's foot tap aggressively on the floor. "Because you always do something." Joey scoffed and crossed his arms. Emma giggled again. She started humming along to Linda's tapping.

"What are you doing?" asked Taylor. Emma looked quickly to the right and instantly the room spun. She looked at the two versions of Taylor that looked down at her. Emma shrugged and continued humming. "Are you drunk?"

Linda gasped and Emma caught her storming towards the table. "Uh oh," she said quietly. Linda sniffed the cup, and then took a sip. She glared at Joey.

"You got her drunk!" she shrilled. "Emma is supposed to be on a date with one of the men tonight. How can you get her drunk?"

Emma looked to Joey. He had shrunk back into the seat. "We were only having fun. I didn't think she'd drink so much."

"What were you doing?" asked Taylor, calmer than Linda.

Joey shrugged casually. "It was a simple drinking game. I didn't think she'd actually swallow each sip. Everyone knows you don't do that; you just pretend."

Emma's eyes shot open wide. She rolled on her stomach and tried to get onto all fours. She sloppily pointed her finger at Joey. "You didn't drink?" she asked him.

"I can't believe you did."

She shrieked and climbed to her feet. She stormed up to him and started smacking him. She was very tipsy – borderline drunk – so her hits missed most times. Still, Emma continued to try aim for him. "You're an asshole."

He laughed with his arms up covering his face. "It was just a game." Emma reached for a pillow. Before she could swing it, Linda pulled her away.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Emma muttered. She turned and reached quickly for the nearest bin. A small one in front of Toby's desk called to her. Emma fell to her knees and threw up.

"You're an idiot," scolded Linda. Emma didn't know who she spoke to. She hoped the remark was meant for Joey. Hands touched her shoulder and gently nudged her away from the bin. Emma looked up at Linda.

"Come on, we've only got a few hours to get you sober and ready for a date."

"I don't wanna," muttered Emma childishly.

Linda pulled her to her feet. "You don't have an option. Now, who's your first choice?"

Emma's mind was too blurred and squished like overcooked spaghetti. She muttered the first name she could remember. "Will Boseman."

"Taylor."

"On it," answered Taylor. Emma watched her walk out of the office. Emma didn't care to know where she went.

Linda had her arms around Emma's waist. "Let's get you cleaned up and in a new dress." Emma nodded. "Just how much did you drink?"

Emma shrugged. All she knew was that Joey had added half a bottle of vodka to the Coke. She drank three quarters of it.

~~***~~

Will Boseman was set to meet her at The Eating Room later that night. Emma had never heard of the restaurant, but Taylor had squealed when she'd heard the name. The remaining men were sent home with a promise that, should they be chosen, they'd receive a call the next day. Emma hadn't made up her mind yet. The whole thing was a bit of a blur to her.

Linda and Taylor were on a mission. They wanted Emma to look her best for her date and they also wanted her sober. While they drove towards the mall, Joey had been instructed to ply Emma with two liters of water. Emma had drunk so much that her stomach hurt more than her head. Though her mind cleared a bit more, her stomach had started cramping.

When they'd finally reached the mall, Linda had forced Emma into a high-end boutique. Taylor had gone on a hunt for the best dresses. She'd come back with five and then, she'd shoved Emma into the dressing room. Emma had reluctantly agreed. When she was alone in the cubicle, she finally let her insecurities show. Emma never wore dresses. Mostly because dresses never liked her body. Emma looked at the options in front of her. Her stomach turned for a new reason. She was scared to try them on. She knew how the scene usually played out. She'd find a great dress on the hanger but, on her body, it would strangle her or reach only her knees. Neither feeling left her confident.

She reached for the first dress. It was short and looked tight. Emma hated it. On its hanger, it looked beautiful. It had a sleek and narrow cut which tightened in the middle. It had a sweetheart neckline that dipped low in the middle. Emma knew it would squish and shove her C-cup breasts up into her throat. It was a deep black color that shimmed a shade of midnight blue when the light hit it. It had sleeves that ran elbow length. Emma was fearful to put it on.

"Come on, Emma. What's taking so long?" Linda called from behind the cubicle door.

Emma sighed and reached for the blasted dress. "I'll be out now." She didn't want to put it on, especially with Joey out there. She grumbled and pulled the dress over her head. She held her breath the entire time. The second it reached her boobs, she stopped. She was stuck. Her boobs were too big to get the dress completely over. It trapped her arms against her body. She wiggled and tried to move but the material was too restrictive.

She'd never felt like crying more than she did right there. She was embarrassed, stressed, and scared she'd ruin a dress she'd never get to wear. The mirrors around her showed her flabby brown skin at every angle and it made her throat close. She didn't want to be there.

"Emma, you alright in there?" She jumped when Linda's voice called through the door again.

"Um," she cleared her throat to get rid of the tightness in it. "I'm kind of stuck."

"Stuck," that was Joey. Emma had a no swearing rule for herself, but she couldn't help the small shit that slipped past her lips at that moment.

"How are you stuck?" asked Linda.

"The dress," she mumbled in reply. "I can't get it off."

"Let me help," Joey said quickly. Emma's no came loudly. "Why not?" he asked.

"I'm not dressed Joey," she said irritably.

"So?" She gaped at his reply. She heard a smack and then Linda's muffled chastising. She smiled. Thank goodness for Linda.

"Can I come in?" asked Linda.

"Please," she said and reached forward to try and unlock the door. Linda squeezed herself through the door seconds later. She took one look at Emma and laughed.

"Oh goodness, you are stuck. You look like rolled sushi." Emma glared. "Come on," Linda said as she reached for Emma. "Let's see what we can do." Emma stood still. Linda walked around Emma, her eyes on the dress. She stopped in front of Emma again and laughed. "Just how drunk did Joey get you?"

"Why?" asked Emma.

Linda shook her head with a smile. "This dress is supposed to go on from the bottom up. No wonder you're stuck."

Emma gaped. "What?"

Linda just laughed and reached for the dress. She started pulling the material back up over Emma's shoulders, grunting with every tug. She yanked as delicately as she could. Slowly the material moved over her left shoulder completely and pooled by her neck. Her right arm was still stuck. Emma tried to wiggle while Linda tried to pull. She wasn't strong enough and her fear of tearing the dress made her cautious.

"You're not going to like this but-"

"No," Emma interrupted Linda. "I'm not letting Joey in here. I'm in only a bra and panties." Linda raised an eyebrow. Emma bit her lip hard. "There has to be another way."

Linda sighed. "He's stronger and taller. I'm struggling because I'm trying to stand on my toes."

"Then get a stool."

Linda gave her a solemn look. "It's embarrassing I know, but if you want out of this, we need his help. It's stuck somewhere and I can't see where."

Emma wanted to say no but she was tired, sore, and cold. Linda had already seen her, and Joey already knew what was wrong. She wasn't sure her day could get any worse. "Fine." Linda patted her on the shoulder and then left to call Joey. He burst through the door moments later.

He stopped quickly in the room and stared at her with his eyes wide and his mouth open. "Wow, you are stuck," he whispered.

She frowned and said grumpily, "seriously? Did you think I was playing? Now stop standing there staring and be useful." He jumped into action and reached for her. He placed one hand on her waist, and she shivered. It was because his hand was cold, she told herself. He held her steady with his one hand and turned her around so her back was to him. She stood stiff and awkwardly, wondering what he was doing. His hand left her waist and soon, two hands were trailing softly up her spine.

"Wh-what are you doing?" she asked him.

"I need to see where you're hooked," he replied. His voice had dropped, and Emma found herself gulping at the sound. It wasn't fair that he had such a great voice. His hands went over her bra strap and towards her neck. He ran his fingers over her shoulders and then suddenly said, "ah, found it." Before Emma could question him, she felt something snap. In one quick motion, he pulled the remainder of the dress right off her.

"Your bra strap had caught on a thread." He said quietly. He passed the dress over her shoulder.

Emma gripped the material to her chest and sighed in relief. She shot around to face him. She tried to cover her body as much as she could. It didn't seem to stop Joey's eyes from trialing her. He had a soft smile on his face and his eyes went up and then down her body. Usually, when men did that to her, she felt violated. Yet, Joey's look was more akin to awe than lust. The calmness it brought, surprised her.

"You really are beautiful," he whispered. His voice was quiet and rough in the stillness around her. He was close, so close that his words had drifted towards her lips when he spoke. Her heart began to beat, this time out of excitement rather than fear. She didn't know what to say but Joey didn't seem to mind. He stepped forward, closing more of the space between them. He leaned forward and slowly put his large hand on the side of her face. His palm was cool against her heated skin. His green eyes continued to catch rays of light in the dressing room, causing them to sparkle when he moved. She was captivated.

He leaned in. Her breath caught. She really shouldn't but, hell if she could stop. She leaned in too. She wanted it. She needed it. It had been too long since she'd last felt it. He was closer, his breaths fanning her lips. Her eyes got droopy and then, she felt it. It was light, barely a touching of his lips on hers. It was hesitant and cautious.

She wanted more. She could still remember what his kisses had been like the night they met. She could still feel it some days. The wave of pleasure she remembered from his skillful mouth had never left he. She wanted it again.

He added pressure and they both moaned, softly into each other. His hand moved from her face to her waist and he yanked her body into his. She dropped the dress and leaned her semi-naked body into his hard, warmer one.

She wanted the kiss to escalate. She waited to see if he'd take the chance but, before he could, there was a knock on the door. "Did you come right?" Linda asked. They both jumped apart. Emma looked to the door.

"Yes," Joey answered. His voice was hoarse. He cleared his throat and said clearer, "we just got her out of it." His eyes were wild and despite their kiss being a short one, his breathing was labored. The door opened after and Linda entered. She looked between Emma and the floor, twice before shrugging.

"Let's try on the others, shall we?" said Linda. Emma nodded and reached for the torturous dress on the floor. When she stood up, Joey was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 16 38
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
1.3M 44.8K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
2.7K 317 34
💕Layaway Love is a unique concept where two individuals deeply care for each other but opt to postpone starting a romantic relationship until their...