Arshi: Rishta Ye Kaisa? | ✓

By sarun1721

#3 in ASR as of 20th August 2020 Arnav, Khushi and Anjali are childhood friends. They have been together sinc... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Epilogue

5

4.5K 228 36
By sarun1721

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

"Hi Khushi"

"Anji how are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine. What about him?"

"He is also fine. He is sleeping that is why I'm here. I've to go before he wakes up though. And Anji, I need a favour."

"Please tell me Khushi." Anjali said patting the space next to her. Khushi felt nice seeing Anjali still was staying positive and trusting her in these difficult times.

"Anji, please promise me that you won't behave like you don't know anything or have lost your memory in front of Arnav. You have to call him Bhai and act as everything is fine. I know it will be difficult for you, but..."

'Oh Khushi, you don't have to worry about that. I will do that. After all, I'm the one responsible for this state of his right?"

"No Anji, please don't think that way. No one can be blamed, well no one other than the drunk driver of the van who crashed on to your car."

Anjali asked a few basic questions about herself and Khushi was happy to answer them all. After all, Khushi was an expert on any things Raizada. 

"Now I've to go. It has been almost four hours since I left. He'll be up anytime now, the doctor said the sedation of the prescribed medicines only lasts for a couple of hours."

"Bye. See you there tomorrow." Anjali said, understanding Khushi's predicament.

"Bye. You take care."

The next day Anjali was home. She had recovered almost from all the major injuries. There were bruises, which she covered up with long sleeves. The only thing left to the naked eye was a stitch on her forehead, from the operation. She had insisted on minimal dressing on it and Doctor Kapoor had reluctantly agreed thinking about Arnav's situation. Shashi and Garima brought her home. Arnav was very happy to see her.

"Anji, you are back? I'm so sorry" Arnav said, coming forward to grab her in a bone crushing hug.

"Sorry?" Anjali asked, returning the hug. 

"Yeah, I fought with you no!"

Anjali looked questioningly at Khushi and she nodded for her to play along. Anjali knew she had to go along with it and so she did.

"That is ok bhai"

Arnav was very glad to hear that. He started laughing.

"What is this on your head?" he said pointing at the bandage. They were all expecting the question. So Khushi came forward and explained to Arnav how it was Arnav's fault that she was injured. And that was the reason behind their fight. 

Afterwards, Khushi asked Anjali to go to her room and take rest and she obliged. Khushi took Arnav to his room.

"Khushi, I think she is hiding something from me" Arnav said as he settled down on his bed.

"Is it? I don't think so!" she said casually.

"And you? Are you hiding something Khushi?"

"No Arnav, you think I will hide something from you?"

"No..." saying this he hugged Khushi. She was overwhelmed by the emotions and she hugged him back tight, not wanting to leave him ever.

She felt bad. She knew what she was doing was for the best. Her friends needed her and she would do anything to help them.

"Khushi" Garima called.

"Maa., I'll just be downstairs."

"Arnav, I'll be back in a minute" She informed him before she went down to meet Garima.

"Khushi, we should go home now beta"

"Maa, how can you say that? I'm not leaving them. I'm staying here."

"But Khushi.."

"No Maa, you cannot talk me out of this they need me now." Khushi argued.

"Khushi, your dad and I need to talk to you. Please understand, we need to go home"

"About what? What is so important now?"

"We'll tell you Khushi come with me."

They took her to the guest room and locked the door behind them.

"Papa, Maa what is all this about? Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Khushi look, we understand why you want to stay here and look after them but..." It pained Shashi to say it, but he had to.

"But what papa? Maa?" Khushi looked on from her father to her mother.

"Actually Khushi we don't have any problem with you staying here, but what about the people around us? What will they say? You know how our neighbours are.."

"Ma from when have you started bothering about all this? All these years I have been staying here occasionally.."

"That is occasionally, but this is not like that. It is different now. You can't stay with a man, that too when he is in such a condition..."

"Maa, how can you say that, we have known them for years. I don't care about the others"

"We need to Khushi.. Mr. Sharma is already spreading rumours. He even asked your dad about it yesterday in the Colony meeting." Garima told her daughter. 

"What kind of people are those? Anji got into an accident yesterday, do they even care? NO. Now they have a problem with me taking care of two people who are so cose to me? So, what do you want me to do? Trust me, I will not leave them alone in this state. They need me, they need my help. I can't leave my best friends like this. I won't."

"Then?"

"I will marry him."

"What???" Garima and Shashi asked in unison.

"Yes. I'll marry him. He is ready to do whatever I ask him to do. Also I love him, and since Lavanya is no more he hasn't got anyone else in his life."

"But Khushi what about his decision when he becomes normal self? If he doesn't want you as wife then, what will happen to you, your life?" Garima asked, concerned about her daughter. She knew how much it had hurt Khushi when Arnav announced his marriage to Lavanya.

"I don't care about all that now. He can decide and I will agree with his decision. If he doesn't want me as a wife, then we will divorce. This is 21st century for godsake Maa. It is not like I was planning on getting married to anyone other than him. I will live as a divorcee after if that is what is in store for me. I am just doing this for you to escape the society gossip. But Maa right now, I'm staying with them and my decision is final"

Khushi went straight to Anjali's room. She was looking at the scrapbook which Khushi had gifted her on her birthday.

"We were so close no?" Anjali had tears in her eyes.

"Yes Anji. We are." Khushi reassured her, stressing the 'are'.

"How come I don't remember anything? I'm so sorry..."

"Dont be Anji, I've already told you this. None of this is your fault." Khushi said hugging her best friend.

"By the way, I'm here to tell you something else." Khushi said after a few minutes. 

"What is it Khushi?"

"I've decided to stay here as..." Khushi paused, dreading Anjali's reaction.

"As?"

"as your..." Khushi didn't know how to present it to the girl who had lost all her memories.

"as my ??"

"Anji, I want to get married to Arnav so that I can stay here and take care of  the two of you. If I don't get married to him, and say here all the time the people around have already started with rumours and my parents won't be able to stand that. The society can be vicious, you know. I tried telling my parents I don't care about it, but Maa is scared and she does not want me to be scrutinized by anyone. " Khushi said in a single breath.

It took Anjali some time to register what she had just heard.

"Khushi are you serious?" Anjali asked.

"Yeah.. Anji, do you  have any problem with me doing this?" Khushi was concerned about her reaction

"Khushi, I really don't know how I would have reacted if I had not lost my memory, but I realize that we are really very close else you wouldn't do this for us."

"I need to tell this to him Anji"

"I don't think he will have any problem" Anjali told Khushi. It was pure instinct which made Anjali say that. Khushi gave her a tight smile before she went to his room. He was wide awake.

"Arnav?"

"Khushi, thank god you came. I was getting really bored. I thought you might have gone to sleep."

"No Arnav. What did you want to tell me?" she asked, sitting beside him.

"Nothing special. Just talk to me. Stay beside me, always." he said. Khushi hoped he'd say this one day after getting out of his trauma. 

"Yes Arnav. I will. Always. I promise Now listen carefully to what I'm saying. Will you do anything for me?"

"Yes" he nodded in affirmation.

"Whatever I ask you to do?"

"Yes of course. Anything"

"Ok then marry me!"

"What?"

"Arnav you promised me that you will do anything I ask for. So marry me. I want to be with you forever Arnav. Remember you also wanted the three of us to be together always." She was hoping for  a positive response. Her fingers were crossed, behind her back, as she waiited for Arnav's response.

"Yeah.." He started, only to be interrupted by her. 

"So will you?" 

"Yes." He said, excitement clear in his voice.

Words couldn't express how elated Khushi felt. She could've only been happier if Arnav was not traumatized and had proposed to her. She gave him his medicines and made sure he slept before leaving his side. Khushi then went to Anjali who was waiting for her.

"What did he say?"

"He agreed."

"So nice, so you will be staying with us." She stated.

"Yes, Anji, I've to go inform Maa and Papa. I think we will have a small function tomorrow. They could arrange for the pandit and we will get our marriage registered tomorrow itself. Anji, can you take care of yourself tonight? I'll be back in the morning. Tomorrow onwards I'll be here"

"Sure Khushi bhabhi." as Anjali called her bhabhi, Khushi's heart raced. This was what she wanted since she was a teenager. Not that she had ever voiced her love for Arnav.

"Good night Anji. Please take care."

"Good night"

Khushi went home. She was happy that she could marry Arnav. Her dream was getting fulfilled but at the same time she felt sad for Lavanya. She was very sweet and caring girl who was even willing to sacrifice her love for her sake. But who can change the almighty's will. Maybe he wanted all this to happen. But still Lavanya deserved better.

Lavanya had grown up in an orphanage, after her parents died in an accident. That was what brought Arnav and her together. She was good at her studies and had ended up with a high profile job at AR Constructions where she met Arnav. Khushi had taken time out to go inform the orphanage about Lavanya's passing. The authorities had taken charge of the further processes.

She told Garima and Shashi that Arnav had also agreed to her decision. Garima didn't say anything against it because she knew how much Khushi loved Arnav. So she decided to go along with what Khushi wanted.

They arranged for the pandit and the marriage was to take place the next day at the Raizada house. Khushi was there first thing in the morning, taking care of Anjali's and Arnav's medicines and arranging for the function. Anjali wore a blue saree. Khushi convinced Arnav to take Shashi's help and was dressed in his white shirt along with black dress pants and a royal blue blazer. This, Khushi knew was not a wedding attire but she just let it be. She herself was wearing a red saree and looked stunning, but Arnav was not in a state of mind to notice that.

The pandit arrived and started the pooja.

"It is time for the muhurat " Pandit said to Shashi.

Anjali brought Arnav down while Garima accompanied Khushi. This was supposed to be a small function. Khushi took both the garlands and gave one to him. She put it around his neck while he reciprocated her action.

"Dulha please tie the mangalsutra around the Dulhan's neck" Shashi gave the said piece of jewellery to Arnav but he was reluctant to accept it. He looked at Khushi.

"Arnav, take it from papa and please put it around my neck."

He finally took it and did as she said. It was time for him to put vermillion in her partition. She pointed to him the box containing sindoor and motioned him to put it in her maang. He did so. Now it was the time for pheras. She took his hand and asked him to move in front of her and then he did so. She stopped after the fourth phera and he too did so , she then moved to the front and he followed her for the remaining 3 pheras.

"Shaadi sampann hui!!! You both are husband wife rom today onwards." The Pandit announced.

A tear escaped Khushi's eyes. She didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

After a while the pandit left. Khushi had arranged for a photographer to click the snaps for she wanted at least a small album for her marriage. She hadn't gotten the dream wedding she had always wanted, but the person in her dreams was finally hers. There was no need for any bidaai since Khushi was at just a wall's distance. Shashi and Garima bid goodbye after blessing the couple.

Khushi went to the kitchen and arranged for dinner. Anjali offered to help her but she sent her back saying that they she needed to rest and that Hari Prakash was there if she needed any help. She kept the food on the dining table. Anjali had changed to her night clothes. They had dinner and went to sleep. Khushi went to Arnav's room, now hers as well. He was standing silently at the poolside gazing at the stars.

"Arnav?"

"Khushi, come here"

She moved towards him and he put an arm around her.

"Do you know Khushi, my mom and dad are there, see they are smiling at me" Arnav said pointing at two bright stars.

Khushi felt sad on seeing Arnav, the usually ruthless businessman behaving like this. She just smiled at him.

"Arnav, it is time to sleep. Come on" 

"OK" He said and nodded.

She fed him his medicines before making him lie down on his side. She then went to the other side, got into the bed and pulled the sheets over them. She switched off the lights and they dozed off.

Next morning Khushi woke up to find his hands over her. She got out of the bed, trying her best to not disturb his sleep. He looked like a kid while sleeping she thought, then she corrected herself. He even behaved like one now. She had a quick shower before going to the kitchen.

HP was already there preparing breakfast. She went and made coffee for herself and Arnav while HP made tea for Anji. Khushi took them to Anji's room. She was already awake. They went together to Arnav's, no their room, to have the bed coffee and tea respectively.

Arnav was still asleep.

"Arnav, get up and have coffee" Khushi said. He woke up in a minute and they had their coffee and tea. He then went for a shower while Khushi and Anjali went down. In the meanwhile Arnav's phone rang and Khushi picked it up.

"Aman, it is me Khushi"

"Khushi, I heard ASR was in an accident..."

Khushi clarified all the doubts Aman had. Aman was hired by Arnav's father. He was there when his parents died. He was like an elder brother to Arnav and he trusted him. So Khushi too decided to trust him and told him about the current situation.

"I don't know Khushi if someone else would've done what you did for them. I am really glad they have you in their lives." Khushi smiled a bit hearing that.

"Okay Aman, I need to tell you something. Please don't bother to call him for each and everything. If there is something important please call me and if you need his signs on something please send it over. I know you are really capable of handling things and that is why Arnav believes in you a lot. So please."

"Ok Khushi, I'll manage everything and if there is something important or urgent, I'll contact you. I've already postponed the meetings which he needs to attend and I've attended some which I couldn't manage to reschedule."

"Oh that was really nice of you. Thanks"

"My pleasure ma'am. It's only been a couple of days and we already miss him shouting and scolding at us."

"Don't worry, your boss will be back to his ASR mode very soon. Just don't tell anyone about his condition. Let everyone believe he was in an accident and won't be coming to the office for a while. I just don't want his business to suffer."

"Trust me, I will do what is best for AR. We can't wait to have him back ma'am"

"Hello, earlier on the call you were calling me Khushi and now suddenly this ma'am. Khushi is fine."

"Ok Khushi bye. I'll call if there is something urgent"

By the time Khushi ended the call, Anjali and Arnav were at the breakfast table waiting for Khushi. She joined them. Breakfast was a silent affair. Khushi then went to Anjali's room and took out the Albums and CD's which had their old memories.

Anji was very sad that she had forgot these sweet moments together whereas Arnav did not react to all this. Khushi had actually meant this for Anji since she was the one who had lost her memory. The doctor had suggested she do this for Anjali.

HP had asked leave for a week as his mother was ill and he needed totake care of her. Khushi consented to it. She was now busy in planning methods to bring the Raizada siblings back to normal. She knew that she needed help to do this, but who?

**********

Please do vote and comment and let me know what you thought about this chapter.

Meanwhile, please do take a look at my other works. :) Aashiqui updated as well.

Follow for alerts regarding further updates

Stay Indoors, Stay Safe :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 14.8K 37
Khushi Kumari Gupta's love for business compelled her to marry Arnav Singh Raizada...a mature and equally strong person. Although after marrying Khus...
51K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
230K 9.4K 19
⚠⚠ This was my first ever FF and it's highly cliche, cheesy and hopelessly romantic so if you don't like such stuff, this isn't for you⚠⚠ HIGHEST RAN...
196K 7.6K 17
Some promises are meant to be broken. But what compelled Arnav to abandon the one he once loved? Let's take another journey into our beloved ArShi wo...