A sunset's last shimmer.

By _Lxvely_Shimmer_

This book is basically the aftermath/sequel to the Fall Formal. I will update this book whenever. Because I c... More

Prologue
Prologue 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 + A Distorted Nightmare
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
nOt A CHapTer - -;;
Chapter 9a
Chapter 9b

Chapter 5

518 22 22
By _Lxvely_Shimmer_

The mornings were as bright as usual. But waking up that early wasn't that bad, unless you're bullied for almost killing the princess and her friends.

Sunset was currently sitting on the front of the school's staircase. She was there really early because of another nightmare that kept her up at night.

She still remembered that dream she had. Her feelings made her confused and couldn't tell what she was feeling. She didn't know what she was feeling.

'Alright Sunset, it was just a dream, nothing more. You don't feel anything special towards Twilight, and that's that.'

"Sunset...?"

Her head tilted up to the person who was calling her name.

"Fluttershy? Why are you here so early?" Sunset questioned.

"I-I could ask you the same t-thing.." she started to cover her face with her hair.
"I woke up too early and I didn't want to stay at home, so I came to school."

Fluttershy sat down next to Sunset on the staircase, staying quiet while fiddling with her fingers.
"You?" Fluttershy looked at Sunset for a bit before explaining. "I thought that if I come early there wouldn't be so many students here." Sunset nodded.

Then, it fell to silence. It was a comfortable one but there was some awkwardness in the air.

Sunset sighed and glanced towards Fluttershy. "I'm sorry for being such a douche bag and not accepting your friendship. I love to accept it but I'm afraid you guys might get hurt because of me." she then adverted her gaze from Fluttershy.

"I-It's okay.. We understand that we made too quick decisions for y-you.. and made it harder for yourself... "

Sunset's gaze turned back to Fluttershy, smiling at her words.
"Yeah, but I accept your friendship. I just don't know about the others. I have some trust issues with accepting friendships, and I think I need to spend some more time with each one of them so they'll earn my trust."

"I'll tell them!.." Fluttershy smiled happily at Sunset's decision as she jumped up.
"Woah, you're really excited aren't you?"

Fluttershy's face went red and sat back down on the staircase.

"S-Sorry.."
"Nah, it's alright."

There's the silence, again.

Sunset was looking at nothing but then her gaze landed on the statue. She furrowed her eyes and moved her gaze back to the ground.

"So, Uhm.. A-About yesterday.. Why did you leave in the middle of the school day?"

Sunset was afraid of this question. She tried to think of a believable lie so Fluttershy wouldn't be worried for her.

"I- Uhm.. Well.."

'Out of all times, you're stuttering now?! Oh my gosh..'

"All those things they said to me just got into my head and I didn't feel comfortable, so I left although it was kinda stupid of me."

Again, she made a half truth and a half lie excuse(re-reading this, it doesn't make sense-).

"O-Oh, alright.."

Before the silence could come again, two other people came to the school.

Sunset realized who they were and quickly tried to hide behind Fluttershy. She was still afraid of them for some reason.

Fluttershy noticed this and her cheeks burned lightly.

"Hey Fluttershy!-... Sunset?"

Sunset tried to hide her face behind Fluttershy's shoulder. She made sure she wouldn't move from her spot.
Fluttershy tried to move her slightly, but it was hard to.

"Fluttershy, Dear, when did she get here?"

"She was here before m-me. To be honest, it surprised me as well when I saw her here this e-early." She explained to Rarity and Applejack.

They both looked at Sunset, who was clearly scared.

"Sunset dear, is everything alright with you?" Rarity asked her, concerned.
Sunset's eyes softened a little as she nodded.

"Why are ya awake this early anyways?"

Sunset un-latched herself from Fluttershy so she was fully see able.
"Just had a bad dream.." her hands started playing with the end of her skirt.

"S-Sunset is just having some issues, B-but she's mostly fine."

Sunset felt a little uncomfortable around the others. She needs to open up to them more, slowly yes, but she needs to spend some time alone with all of them.

"God, I feel like I'm going to vomit.."

"Uh? Sunset?"

Sunset noticed that she said it out loud and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Sorry.. I just feel really nervous right now.."
"It's alrigh' Sunset. We understand."

A small smile crept onto Sunset's lips. But it soon faded away as she saw her main bullies in this school.

Trixie, Sugar Crash and Gilda(ik Gilda wasn't Canon in EQG(I think-) but for the sake of this fanfiction she is.).

She looked for a place to hide. She saw a bush nearby which was perfect for her size.
She got up from the stairs and ran into the bush.

"Sunset what are ya-"
"Wait you've already seen her?"

Applejack turned to see Trixie right in front of her. Applejack backed up a little from her because she wanted her personal space.

"Why in the name of hay are ya askin' that?"

Gilda smirked giving some glances towards the three other girls.
"We just wanted to have a little talk with the she-demon."
"Oh yeah? Like what?"
"Why do you care? It's not like you guys are ACTUALLY friends with her."

Then it went to silence. Applejack wanted to fight back with a response but couldn't think of any.
"That's what I thought. Anyways, where is she?"

"She is uh-"
"She went that way!" Rarity cut off Applejack, pointing to a shop in the distance.
"Heh thanks, losers. Let's go."
They walked to the direction where Rarity pointed. It was honestly somehow a believable lie she told them.

"Rarity, what the hay?!" Applejack yelled at her.
"Darling, do you actually want to tell where she is?"
"No but Ah never lie!"
"And that is why I came to the rescue."

Applejack was mentally done with Rarity and sat down on the stairs.
Fluttershy was just glancing at the both and having no words to speak.

Then they heard a sound, a sound coming from the bush. You know, that sound when you're in pain and you breath through your teeth? Yeah, that sound.

"Sunset? Why are ya still in that bush, and are ya okay?"

"I'm definitely not getting her out since I just painted my nails a few minutes ago."
"More like an hour ago but whatever.."
Applejack got up and went towards the bush. She moved the bushes and found Sunset. Except she had blood on her jacket and her arm was bleeding.

"Get this beanch out of my arm!"
Applejack pulled Sunset out of the bush and started inspecting her arm.
"How did it get in ya arm anyway?"
"I think I kind of fell on a wrong spot and then when I moved too quick, it went in my arm."
Applejack pulled the small branch while it made Sunset wince in pain.

"Does one of ya have any medical things with ya?"
Fluttershy quickly got up and searched her bag. She found a small med-kit in her bag and gave it to Applejack.
Applejack quickly opened it and took some medical stuff out.

"Now Sunset, this is goin' to hurt a lil'."
She started maneuvering(its the right word, right?) the stick. Sunset was crying out in pain. It hurt Applejack as much as it hurt Sunset. Eventually though, she got it out. She placed the bloodied branch on the ground and took off Sunset's jacket.

She started applying things for her arm. She tried to do this as quickly as possible, but at the same time she didn't want to hurt her.

"There, now everythin' should be fine now."
"Thanks Applejack. You're a life saver, you too, Rarity and Fluttershy."
Rarity sighed in content.
"For a second I thought you forgot about us."

Everyone giggled at Rarity. Applejack put all the left over medication back in the kit and gave it back to Fluttershy.

After some chit chat, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash eventually came. Same with the Principle's. Then alot more people came to the school as the first period was soon about to start.

'I hope no one will know my feelings about Twilight.'

A/N: I am so sorry for not making a chapter in so long. This chapter took me AGES to finish. The stick part didn't make any sense but just let it be cuz I worked on this for too long. I lost so much motivation for this chapter that it's ridiculous.

I really hope that you enjoyed this part. It was really weird, yes but I think it made sense nonetheless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 489 31
It's a few years after graduation at Canterlot College. Rainbow Dash has settled into her temporary placement on the official Canterlot soccer team w...
81.1K 1.2K 19
oneshots from my tumblr @sweetprentiss. fluff, angst, hurt/comfort, just about everything :) chapters with smut will be marked with * cover by @ssa...
505 17 9
Sunset and Adagio were girlfriends for a long of time ago, but when they meet again at Canterlot School, they can't imagine that their lives will be...
8.1K 137 8
Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo don't admit to being Anon-a-miss, leaving the truth untold and all blame on Sunset. Feeling as though she's...