Animals

By melissag007

Callie Jacksons is on her way to Beacon Hills when Scott McCall found her close to death in an alley in her o... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54. Part One
54. Part Two
55.
56.
57.
58.
59
60.
Sequel

11.

209 8 0
By melissag007

STILES' POV:

"Xylazine." Deaton held up a few bottles and set them down on one of the examination table, "It's a trangquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot," Scott said.

"She used to be." Isaac mumbled.

"She can do it," Scott defended.

"If we manage to find the thing," Isaac added.

"Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose?" I asked, I looked down at Callie who was just staring at me rant, "Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scar anyway? It's sixty-five degrees out," I said and Callie snorted as she attempted to hide her laugh.

"Look, maybe I'm asking a question that no one here wants to ask," Isaac glared at me, "How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?"

"I can do it," Scott chimed in.

"You can?" I questioned him.

Scott nodded his head, "You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" I nodded my head at him, "In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott." Deaton said, "Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you,"

Everything clicked, "That's why you called Derek first,"

Scott sighed as he looked up at me, "Yeah, I could try it on my own. But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf,"

"We need a real Alpha," I said without thinking, "You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going. You know, get it," I stopped as I thought for a word to use.

"Up?" Callie and Isaac said in unison.

"Great," Scott sighed, "I'm an Alpha with performance issues,"

"Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?" Deaton asked us all.

"I wouldn't trust Peter," Isaac stated the obvious.

"Maybe the twins?" I suggested even though I didn't want to.

Deaton shook his head, "They're not Alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them."

"Yeah, but what if they knew how to do it?" I asked.

"Nobody's seen them for weeks," Scott pointed out.

"Actually," I said, "That's not totally true."

****

CALLIE'S POV:

"They said they'd meet us here," Lydia said, I followed her through the doors of Derek's loft, Stiles not far behind me.

I turned around to face the sliding doors right as two figures jumped out from both sides and began to attack Scott, after he took a punch to the face, the two boys sent him flying towards Lydia, Stiles, and I,  "Stop!" I yelled and Stiles grabbed onto me, holding me back.

I watched as they punched him repeatedly, Scott groaning every now and then, I didn't understand what was happening. One twin grabbed Scott's arms, holding them up behind his head, while the other punched him in the stomach, then one to the face. They threw Scott to the ground and he took a kick to the face, "I thought you guys were going to teach me to roar," Scott said as he winced in pain.

"We are." one boy said, "You do it by giving in."

"Giving in and letting go. That's how Deucalion taught us control." the other said.

Stiles refused to release me knowing that I would run straight for these two boys if he did. I heard Scott let out another groan, "Hey, you know, that's funny. I've actually tried something like this one time using a heart monitor and lacrosse balls." Stiles said from behind me, "But you're right, beating the living crap out of him is probably a lot better." Stiles added sarcastically.

"You're going to kill him!" I yelled at the two faceless boys. They stopped what they were doing and turned to face me. Twins.

"We won't kill him." one said as he stepped forward, "Aren't you a little thing? What are you, Stilinski's new little pet?"

I got out of Stiles' grasp, stepped forward, and pushed him away from me and into the wall, "Call me little one more time." I glared at him.

"Ah, golden eyes." he stood up and slowly walked towards me, "You're the new Beta," he smirked at me, "Aiden, and that's Ethan." he said as he held out his hand. I didn't grab it but he reached for my hand and before I knew it my back was hitting the opposite wall, "That was for throwing me." he growled and I heard Stiles running over to me as I laid on the ground by the wall.

"You okay?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah," I winced for a second but quickly felt my body healing, "I don't like them." I said as I watched then continue to beat up Scott.

"That's actually the plan?" Scott yelled, "You kick my ass?"

Aiden nodded, "You're afraid to turn."

"We're going to make you." Ethan said, "You turn. Then you kick our asses."

"And then you roar." Aiden said and then he and Ethan let out loud roars that made the room shake, "You don't think you can let go with us?"

"You think you're going to hurt us?" Ethan asked as they both began to circle Scott.

"Come on, McCall. Give it your all."

"We can always heal."

Scott let out another groan as I had gotten to my feet, Stiles grabbed my hand, and walked us back over to where Lydia was standing, "You're an Alpha." Aiden yelled, "You want to roar like one, you've got to give in full throttle. You've got to be the monster. Become the beast. Become everything you're afraid of."

"That's what gives you power," Ethan yelled, "That's what gives you strength."

Scott let out another groan as they continued to punch and yell at him, "Giving into it doesn't make you the bad guy." Aiden said.

"So long as you can control it."

"Sometimes control's a little overrated," Aiden glared at his brother and punched Scott again.

"Come on, Scott. Fight back." Stiles said quietly beside me as he began to get restless, I squeezed his hand to try and calm him down.

"What if I can't control it? What if I can't turn back?" Scott asked.

Ethan stepped towards him, "Then it takes over. You become Malia. You get further and further away from being human. You turn into an animal. Or worse."

Just as I was about to ask what was worse than that, Aiden said, "You turn into Peter." I had gotten the run down on who Peter was, to be honest I wasn't fond of him. I did like Derek though, I don't see why Stiles is so rude to him, Derek seemed cool and nice, and mysterious.

Scott began to get up, then ran towards the boys, Aiden grabbed onto his sides and threw him onto the table that was set up behind them, and then Aiden unleashed himself on my Alpha, rapidly punching him in the face until finally Ethan grabbed his fist, "What? I thought we were helping him."

"You help too much." Ethan said.

"Okay, I change my mind. I only don't like him," I pointed to Aiden and Stiles let out a small laugh while Aiden shot me a angry glare.

****

Stiles stopped quickly at the edge of the woods, Lydia, Stiles, and I all got out of the jeep, Scott hopped off of his dirt bike as he took off his helmet, and Isaac and Allison got out of her car. We all looked around at each other before Lydia said, "Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?"

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott said.

Isaac held up his hand and said, "Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter."

"And again with the not helping." Stiles put his hands out, Scott rolled his eyes, while Isaac gave Stiles a smirk and nodded his head.

Scott, ignoring their bickering, looked at Allison and said, "Did you bring it?" she nodded her head, reached for the handle to the back of her car, and then pulled out a tranquilizer gun.

****

Everyone began to run through the woods as soon as we heard gun shots, I was assigned to stay with Stiles and Lydia. I watched as Scott revved up his bike and the others began to run, "Wait, wait. Wait! Wait!" Stiles yelled as he was leaning into his car, but everyone was already gone.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked to stand in the door with him.

Right as I was about to speak again the police scanner said, "I want the woods cleared of hikers, joggers, anybody else who might be on those trails." I recognized the sheriff's voice and my eyes went wide as I looked up at Stiles. He pulled me out of the door, slammed it, and began to quickly walk through the leaves to find the others to warn them as he called his dad.

"It took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?" he asked.

I heard his dad on the other line, "I don't know, but listen to me. There are traps all over those woods. Near the trails. Probably near the car crash. And Tate is out there with a rifle. I want you to stay out of those woods. You got that?" he asked when Stiles didn't reply the sheriff said, "Stiles?"

"It's the doll." Stiles said staring at me and not listening to his father.

"Stiles?"

"It's the doll?" he said again as a question, still staring at me when we heard a gunshot echo through the trees.

***

Stiles spent a few moments trying to make sense of everything going on in his head, "Alright, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way back to the house just for a doll? One that was in the car wreck in the first place. We didn't find it in the coyote den."

"It likes the doll. Who cares?" Lydia said.

"It likes the doll a lot," Stiles looked at me and I nodded my head as I began to think.

"What kind of doll is it?"

"I don't know," Stiles said, "It's a doll, you know. It's got a little arms, a big baby head and dead, soulless eyes. Actually, I took a picture. Here." Stiles handed Lydia his phone.

"That's Malia?" Lydia asked as I watched her zoom in on the picture as I stood beside her.

"Yeah, that's the jacket and the scarf we found in the den." I answered for Stiles, Lydia looked up at me and back at the picture, and I finally noticed what she must have, "Stiles," I said motioning for him to come over to us.

"She's not holding the doll." Lydia finished my sentence for me.

"That's Malia's younger sister." Stiles said staring at the picture, "It was her doll." his eyes went wide, "I know what she's doing." he said as he glanced up at me, it clicked in my head as well.

"What?" Lydia asked.

"I know where she's going," I said agree with Stiles.

****

STILES' POV:

We were quickly walking through the woods when a scream filled all of our ears. Callie froze in front of me as she covered her ears, "Isaac," she said quietly but loud enough for me to hear from behind her, "Isaac is hurt," she said and without thinking twice she sprinted off towards where the scream came from.

"Callie!" I yelled after her but she was long gone. I felt myself panicking so I called Scott to try and warn him, "Scott, it's me, you got to call me back as soon as you can. It wasn't Malia's doll. It was her sister's. Malia left it at the car for her sister. It's like bringing flowers to a grave. Okay, and we stole the flowers. So, that's all she's trying to do, right. Bring the doll back to the grave, to the car wreck. That's where she's headed. The car wreck." I said as I hung up the phone hoping my point go across.

"Stiles?" Lydia said.

"Yeah," I turned around as I sent Callie a text making sure she was okay.

"Stiles!" Lydia said louder.

I looked up and saw her boot was resting on one of the bear traps, "Lydia, don't move."

"Look for a warning label." she said in a panicked voice.

I looked at her, "A warning label?"

"Instructions on how to disarm it."

"Lydia, why the hell would they put instructions on the bottom of a trap?" I asked her.

"Because animals can't read." she said in an annoyed voice.

I knelt down and began to search for the label, when I did, I sighed, "Lydia, we got a problem." she hummed her answer not looking at me, "I can't read either."

"You don't need the instructions. When was the last time you've ever used instructions? Am I right? You don't need them because you are too smart to waste your time with them, okay? You can figure it out. Stiles, you're the one who always figures it out. So you can do it. Figure it out."

I looked at the trap, examining it, then said, "Okay, here we go. Ready?" Lydia took a deep breath, "Okay, here we go." I said and I twisted the knob, Lydia letting out a small scream as I pulled her away from the trap, seconds later it snapped shut. Lydia held onto me tightly as she began to calm down. Her arm tightly wrapped around my neck, the other holding tightly onto my shirt as we stared at the steel trap, and then I heard a roar, a loud roar, a roar that came from Scott, "That's what I'm talking about." I smiled as Lydia and I began to walk towards the jeep.

"Stiles?" I heard Callie's voice, I turned around to meet her eyes; her hurt eyes as they travelled down to the strawberry blonde holding onto me. She wouldn't look at me, even after I stepped away from Lydia, "They found her, she's human again." Callie said quietly and walked past me towards the jeep.

"Go," Lydia said, "Allison's car is unlocked, I'll wait for them," she smiled and looked towards the jeep and the sad girl sitting in the passenger seat. 

I smiled at her and walked towards my jeep, getting in, and starting the car, "So we are going to take her to my dad, then he's going to take her home," I told her, she didn't look at me, just continued to stare out the window nodding, "Do you want to go with my dad and I when we take her back to Mr. Tate?" I asked.

"Can you take me home?" she asked finally glancing my way.

I sighed, "Yeah," I started the jeep and began to drive towards my house. At one point, I looked over at Callie only to see her wiping her tears off of her cheeks as she stared outside with a blank look on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 250 36
Senior year has officially begun for Scott, Josie, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira. And Liam was entering the Sophomore year. Everything is beginning to ch...
2.9K 74 15
*I wrote this when I was 14* Sarah Mccall, is Scott mccall's sister. Sarah only sees Scott and her mom on special occasions. after that she doesn't...
127K 3.7K 99
Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is starting her first year of High School and i...
Red Eyes By KAS

Fanfiction

4.3K 101 28
Ava McCall always knew how to have fun. A little too much fun. Now that she is back home in the town of Beacon Hills, she finds that things are rapid...