š™‡š™„š™‚š™ƒš™š™‰š™„š™‰š™‚ // š™§š™¤š™œļæ½...

By euclxffes

ā š„š•š„š‘š˜ššŽšƒš˜'š’ š–š€š“š‚š‡šˆšš† š‡š„š‘ āž [Y/N L/N] is one Fairy Tail's many resident Dragon Slayers... More

š™žš™£š™©š™§š™¤
š™—š™–š™©š™©š™”š™š š™›š™šš™Øš™©š™žš™«š™–š™”
š™Øš™–š™—š™šš™§š™©š™¤š™¤š™©š™
š™š™žš™™š™™š™šš™£
š™šš™£š™©š™šš™§, š™›š™§š™¤
š™˜š™š™–š™§š™žš™¤š™©
š™›š™–š™Øš™š™žš™¤š™£ š™›š™žš™œš™š™©
š™®š™Ŗš™ š™žš™£š™¤
š™£š™–š™©š™Øš™Ŗ š™«š™Ø š™Ÿš™žš™šš™¢š™¢š™–
š™§š™–š™«š™šš™£š™Ø š™–š™£š™™ š™›š™–š™žš™§š™žš™šš™Ø
š™Øš™š™–š™™š™¤š™¬ š™™š™§š™–š™œš™¤š™£ š™§š™¤š™œš™Ŗš™š
š™£š™–š™«š™–š™” š™—š™–š™©š™©š™”š™š
š™©š™š™š š™©š™žš™œš™šš™§ š™–š™£š™™ š™©š™š™š š™›š™–š™žš™§š™®
š™¢š™žš™™š™£š™žš™œš™š™© š™©š™žš™œš™šš™§
š™£š™Ŗš™¢š™—š™šš™§ š™¤š™£š™š
š™˜š™šš™”š™šš™—š™§š™–š™©š™š š™©š™š™š š™œš™¤š™¤š™™ š™©š™žš™¢š™šš™Ø
š™š™¤š™¢š™š š™Øš™¬š™šš™šš™© š™š™¤š™¢š™š
š™¢š™šš™¢š™¤š™§š™žš™šš™Ø
š™šš™­š™„š™”š™¤š™Øš™žš™¤š™£
š™©š™–š™§š™©š™–š™§š™¤š™Ø
š™©š™š™š š™˜š™Ŗš™—š™š
š™™š™§š™–š™œš™¤š™£š™Ø š™«š™Ø š™™š™šš™¢š™¤š™£š™Ø
š™¢š™–š™§š™™ š™œš™šš™šš™§
š™©š™š™š š™™š™§š™–š™œš™¤š™£š™Ø š™¬š™žš™”š™” š™§š™šš™©š™Ŗš™§š™£
š™©š™š™šš™® š™–š™§š™š...
š™™š™žš™Øš™„š™šš™§š™Øš™š
š™Øš™žš™­ š™¢š™¤š™£š™©š™š™Ø š™”š™–š™©š™šš™§
š™©š™š™š š™©š™š™§š™šš™š š™™š™§š™–š™œš™¤š™£š™Ø š™¤š™› š™Øš™–š™—š™šš™§š™©š™¤š™¤š™©š™
š™©š™šš™¢š™„š™šš™Øš™©
š™¬š™šš™”š™˜š™¤š™¢š™š š™©š™¤ š™š™šš™”š™”
š™©š™§š™–š™Ŗš™¢š™– (š™›š™©. š™œš™§š™–š™® š™›š™Ŗš™”š™”š™—š™Ŗš™Øš™©š™šš™§)
š™š™š š™ š™£š™¤š™¬š™Ø
š™–/š™£
š™– š™”š™¤š™£š™šš™”š™® š™—š™žš™˜š™®š™˜š™”š™š
š™–/š™£
š™„š™”š™šš™–š™Øš™š š™§š™šš™–š™™

š™™š™§š™–š™œš™¤š™£š™Ø

6.6K 181 222
By euclxffes

// Small Time Skip //
// 1st P.O.V //

I inspected the bandages up my arms and across my chest as Erza spoke, cradling Kuschel in one of my arms.

"Right!! Time for another good dust-up!" Gajeel grinned. He was also covered in bandages, even his right eye.

"[Y/N]?" Kuschel spoke. I looked down at her.
"What is it, Kusch?" I asked, using her nickname.

"I-I don't want to die!"

I was taken aback by the words, and knelt down, placing her on the concrete so that I was at eye level with her.

"You aren't gonna die, okay? I'm gonna make sure you don't." I said with a reassuring grin. "I swear."
"You swear?"
"I swear."

"O-okay. I believe in you, [Y/N]!" the Exceed smiled widely. I nodded and stood.

"Looks like it's finally our turn, huh, squirt?" Gajeel nudged me. His face had that sly grin. I didn't respond immediately.

"Yeah. I can't wait to kick some Dragon butt!" I cheered.
"Oi, you alright?" Laxus spoke. I turned to him and nodded.
"Yeah. I've killed a Dragon before, what could go wrong?" I said.

"These Dragons wanna kill you back, loser." the lightning mage replied. "now tell me what's wrong."
"...I'm scared, Laxus." I said finally. "I mean, not really, but... what if I die? What if you die? If anyone dies today, I don't think I'd be able to—"

"Shut up." he said. "nobody's dyin' today, you hear me? You're not dying, and neither is anybody else."

I blinked. "You mean that? Really?"
"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't." he grumbled.
"In that case..." I turned to everyone else and pumped my fist. "listen up closely! If any of you guys die, I'll—"

I was interrupted by a series of loud bangs.

"What is that?" Erza said.
"It's from the palace!" Elfman exclaimed.
"Is it Eclipse?" Gray asked.

"What was that roar?!" I yelled, my enhanced ears picking it up. Kuschel used her Aera Magic and she carried me away.
"Kuschel! What are you doing?!" I shrieked. "they need my help down there! Lemme go!"

"I don't want you to die, [Y/N]!" she cried. I stopped struggling.

Before I knew it, a Dragon made of flame crashed down in front of the group I had just left.

"My name is Atlas Flame!" it roared. "and I will show you the fires of hell!"

"No... Kuschel! Put me down!" I screamed. "they need me!"

We got further and further up and I stopped struggling eventually, instead opting to sob pathetically.

Something struck from behind and we were flung from the air - a Dragon talon?! I latched onto it, Kuschel went falling.

"No!" I shrieked, watching her disappear from my sight. Tears welled in my eyes and streaked down my face.

I turned upwards and began to climb up the Dragon's leg, onto its scaly back. Natsu and another man were already here.

"Once Acnologia is defeated... I will become King of the Dragons! I'll become the world's sole ruler! It makes me shiver!" the man said.

"I smell Dragons... eight of 'em?" Natsu said. "you got really bad luck!"

He brought a flaming fist down on the airborne Dragon's back.

"Can you hear me?!" he yelled, making both the man and I cover our ears at the harsh volume. "Dragon Slayer Magic can take down these Dragons! There are eight Dragon Slayers, and eight Dragons! Our magic is meant for today, right now!! The whole reason we Dragon Slayers exist is to fight right now!"

The man and Natsu talked briefly, before I was noticed.

"No... that can't be..." he turned around.
"[Y/N]?" Natsu said. "the hell?!"

The man - it was... Rogue. It didn't look like him, but they had the same scent, the same dark fringe, the same eyes... or, well, eye.

"[Y/N]..." 'Rogue' spoke. "you're here. You're alive."
"Of course I am. Why the hell would I not be!" I said, before turning to Natsu. "you look happy."

"[Y/N], what the hell?! There's a Dragon down there with your name written all over it, go!" he hissed.
"It's not my fault your goddamned Dragon knocked my Exceed out of the air!" I furiously wiped my eyes and pointed at 'Rogue.' "someone explain just what the hell is goin' on here! Why d'you smell like Rogue?!"

"He is Rogue. From seven years in the future." Natsu spoke slowly. "and he's here to take over the world!"

I looked to 'Rogue'. "Is that true?"

"Yes. And your attempts to stop me will be futile." he said, taking a step forwards and reaching a hand out to me. "I never thought I'd see your face again."

I glanced at Natsu uncertainly.

"That means I die... doesn't it?" I spoke.
"Yes. It does." Future Rogue said. "in my arms. It was my fault you died. Apologies."

He took another step closer.
"Heyy... what are you doing?" I asked slowly. Natsu watched dumbly, fist still ablaze.

"I just... wanted to see your face one last time. I'm glad I got to see it again." he raised a hand to wipe my tearstained cheek with his thumb. I didn't react, instead blinking up at him with watery eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said. "what happens in the future? Why did I die in your arms?"

"It doesn't matter now." Future Rogue said. "I... don't want to lose you... not again."
"What?" I answered. "I..."
"You die. It's a year from now, but you die." he said.

'I think I'm beginning to see the fuller picture...' I thought as the man approached, one step at a time.

"Hey... what do you think you're doing?" Natsu said slowly.

"Do you think I enjoy this? This infatuation of mine?" Future Rogue spoke, his fingers once again ghosting along the skin of my cheek. "This horrible need to know you're okay?"

My hackles rose and Natsu made a sound of surprise as Future Rogue brought his lips to against my own.

After a few heartbeats, he pulled away and turned his head just an inch, so he wouldn't have to look me in the eye.

"What did that mean?" I said slowly, swallowing thickly.
"It meant that I miss you." he replied. "because the world is so grey without you by my side. I tried to forget you, but I knew I never could. So I lived with the sorrow, and it bubbled into rage with the world. You were going to change the world, you know? I know for sure you did change some people's worlds."

I was lost for words. Natsu stared on, stricken with almost comedic shock-horror.

"I... this isn't right, Rogue." I said. "this isn't what I would want."
"[Y/N], just this moment. I just need one, last moment before you go." Future Rogue answered, grief lacing his tone. "let me kiss you one last time. Please."

I looked downwards before giving a small nod.
"If it makes you happy." I said quietly. He raised his hand to my cheek another time and pressed his lips to mine. This time, it wasn't just the stoic feeling of his lips upon mine.

Once he had dissipated from my lips, I looked up at him. And he let me go - I walked to the edge of the Dragon and smiled sadly at him.

"I'm sorry for leaving you." I said, my gut twisting. "in another life?"

"In another life." he nodded, pulling me back for one last kiss. "I'm glad I finally got to do that."

I blinked, before he turned back to Natsu. I'm sure he'd have a lot to say.

And then I jumped. The wind whistled past my ears, blowing my hair back and out of my face.

'Rogue... was that really you, seven years from now?' I thought. 'he really missed me, huh?'

"Sound Dragon's Roar!" I poised my head at the ground, using my magic to cushion my fall. It worked - I landed safely and then began to search for a Dragon to fight and, hopefully, kill. Rubble flew up around the position I had landed in. It scratched at my face before scattering back down to the uneven ground. One smacked me directly in the middle of my nose. I jumped back, hissing and holding the bridge of my nose.

Among the buildings, I heard the quarrelling of Dragons.

"Scissor Runner! I'm annoyed with just guarding the prisoner. Help me out!" one said.
"You think I care, Levia?! I'm here to kill humans! No exceptions for prisoners!" a second argued.

"You two! Stop quarrelling and eliminate them!" I saw a third land among a cluster of houses - it had a more feminine touch to its voice.
"Freihiar!" the first exclaimed.

I climbed up the old beams on the outside, using windowsills as support I made it the roof and saw three Dragons surrounding two people - Sting and Rogue. They stood back-to-back.

'Eight Dragon Slayers, eight Dragons.' I thought. 'well, there ain't no time like the present, they say!'

I launched from the rooftop, straight for the third Dragon, 'Freihiar'.

"Sound Dragon's Clamouring Fist!" I brought my clenched digits down on its long snout, before pushing off of its maw with my feet. It snarled and snapped at where I had been approximately three seconds before.

"[Y/N]?!" Rogue yelled.
"Looks like you two were having some Dragon trouble!" I made a 5/10 landing, stumbling over one of my feet. "so here I am!"

"Where have you been?!" Sting exclaimed.
"Speaking with the person who caused all of this." I replied grimly, fists aflame with Sound Dragon Slayer Magic. "he had quite a lot to say. Surprised me."

"Did it?" Rogue said, dazedly.
"Mhm. Sure did." I replied. "that's in the past, though! Or, rather, the future!"
"Yeah! C'mon, Rogue. Let's show these chums the power of the Twin Dragons!" Sting grinned.
"And me." I added.

I stared up at the Dragon named Freihiar. Something about her rang bells and sounded alarms, and I suddenly felt a wave of anger wash over me.

"I'm gonna kick your ass." I said through gritted teeth. I straightened myself, shoulders trembling and my body seething to the brim with boiling rage that I didn't even know the cause of.

"Sound Dri—"

"[Y/N], look out!"

A talon swung at me and I went flying. I almost felt the claws drag through my abdomen in slow motion. There was a hollow snap as I slammed into the wall of what once was somebody's home. I cried out and something spurted from my mouth.

"Crap! [Y/N]!" Sting shouted. "Rogue, go check on her! I'll take these bastards!"
"You can't take three at once!" Rogue argued, equally as loud.
"Do it!" Sting yelled.

There was a pause and then fast footsteps.
"[Y/N]?" Rogue's voice asked. "are you... alive?"

I coughed.
"What does it look like, dumbass?" I grinned.
"C'mon, let's get you some place safe." he said, looping an arm beneath my shoulders and pulling me up. I yelled out at the sharp twinge of pain and shoved him off, stumbling back the floor. He watched me fall, eyes wide.

"Ah - the cut on your leg's pretty deep." Rogue said. He looked around for something before grabbing the end of his cloak and putting it between his teeth and pulling. He tore off a bit.

"Forgive me - this is gonna hurt a bit." he said before the pressure kicked in. I whimpered, grabbing his arm tightly.

"Take your time over there, Rogue!" Sting yelled urgently.
"Give me a minute!" Rogue shouted back. "I don't know what to do!"

"Leave me here and help Sting!" I swatted at him weakly but then whined at the pressure he was putting on the wound.
"Sorry, sorry." he said. "I-I don't know what to do, it won't stop bleeding!"

"Leave me!" I repeated. The ringing got louder and I started seeing double. "I can't... see..."

"[Y/N]? [Y/N], get up!" he said. Everything went dark.

// Ultear happens //

"I'm gonna kick your ass." I growled at the Dragon. I had a sudden memory, of myself being smacked into the very building metres behind me.

On cue, Rogue grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the way of a taloned paw that made to slash me. Instead of slicing open my thigh, it simply caught the exposed stomach from the outfit I wore.

We glanced at each other, eyes wide. I looked down at the cut - it was fine. It wasn't bleeding much and was certainly shallow.

"Did you guys see that?!" Sting said. "because I know I'm not going crazy!"
"Yeah... I just saw [Y/N] get smacked into a wall!" Rogue nodded.

"Now, this is epic." I grinned. "see, you can't get rid of me that easily! Lady Luck smiled down on I!"

I jumped up over the same set of talons.
"Sound Drive!" I yelled. "Sound Dragon's Roar!"

A silver aura flared to life around my body and I sent a breath attack straight into Freihiar's face. She threw her head back in a pitiful manner and stumbled.

I threw attack after attack, Sting and Rogue doing the same to the Dragons they fought.

"Sound Dragon's Vibrant Burst!" I shouted.

A multicoloured wave of sound energy shot outwards towards Freihiar. She let out an agonised roar.

"I-I'm doing it! I'm gonna slay a Dragon!" I shouted. "Sound Dragon's Crushing Fang!"

"How are you doing that? What kind of humans are you?" Freihiar bellowed. "it matters not; you'll be nothing more than a pile of ashen bones once I had finished with you."

I sent a right hook to the side of her neck and in a burst of silver sound waves she went careening away.
"Brace yourselves, Sting and Rogue!" I called. "Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Deafening Flare!"

A violent, silvery-grey sound wave pulsed outwards from my body. The ground cracked beneath Freihiar's and my feet. I saw the gash it made in her sternum and my eyes lit up. She let out a final roar of pain before stumbling around, and—

And then, suddenly, they all vanished. Into thin air. I let out a slightly despaired laugh and flopped onto my back, my arms splaying out beside me.

Rogue followed my lead, rolling back onto his haunches. Sting was crouched on the floor.

"That was pathetic." he commented.
"What kind of Dragon Slayers are we?" Rogue added.

"If Dragons are that powerful... then Acnologia must be..." he risked a wary glance in my direction. "sorry."

"It's fine. Not like it offends me or anything." I put my hands behind my head. "just... d'you think everyone went back to their own time?"

"Hopefully. I mean, where else did those Dragons go?" Sting said. "sucked that we couldn't even kill one..."

"Let's just forget that for now." Rogue said.
"Yeah... it doesn't feel like winning, but at least that battle's over. It's a victory." I sighed.

"We protected our comrades." Rogue added. Sting gave a grin.
"Man, you look like crap." I said, sitting up. He gave me a playful shove to the shoulder and I laughed.

"Says the one who fake died." he replied. I nodded.
"I wonder what that was..." I said thoughtfully.
"I guess we won't ever know." Rogue shrugged. I looked at him and smiled. I could see Future Rogue in him, but... not in that sense. Rogue would never turn to the dark side like his 'future' self did.

"I hope he makes it back home..." I murmured.
"Hn? What was that?" Sting said.

"Ah, nothing. Just wishful thinking."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 13.6K 46
Y/N is a seventeen year old girl who is part of an independent Guild of Dragon-slayers called, the Dragon Gem. When they enter in the Grand Magic Gam...
33.4K 1K 60
ā š˜šŽš” š‘šŽš‹š‹ š‹šˆšŠš„ š“š‡š”ššƒš„š‘ š–š‡š„š š˜šŽš” š‚šŽšŒš„ š‚š‘š€š’š‡šˆšš† šˆš āž It's been six months since [Y/N] [L/N]'s old home guild, F...
1.3M 22.2K 61
Fairy tail x reader one shots. Because fairy tail is my favorite Will be female unless otherwise specified [requests closed] Highest #289 in Fanfic...
137K 4.3K 84
"You shine so brightly, yet you're shrouded in so much darkness." --- Kira Ferilia, a member of the guild Fairy Tail, finds herself to be entangled w...