stardust | park seonghwa โœ“

By beazibo

we are made of stardust, that's why we shine and that's why we glow. we are the children of the stars, our lu... More

stardust
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
โ€• end; silent thoughts, secret wishes

32

1.9K 175 164
By beazibo

"HYESHIN wake up, we're here."

There's a gentle shake on my shoulder and I open my eyes, blinking them rapidly at a blinding white spotlight hitting me on the face. The first thing I see is Yeosang's face, the door of the car wide open as he unfastens my seat belt.

"Hey," he greets me, "we're here."

My best friend gives me one last pat on my knee before leaving me to stretch out my limbs. Oh God, why did I even sleep on my right side? My shoulder hurts a little more now.

It's dark out already and I find out that the light on my face earlier was because of the streetlight (who the fuck gave them the idea to make it white?). I can feel the chill seep through to my bones and I take a deep breath before stepping out, instantly feeling the crisp air in my nostril and I feel the tip of my nose becoming cold.

My hands dig themselves further into my coat pocket. Yeosang locks the car and we walk side by side to the lobby. I can sense that Yeosang is just as nervous as me. He hides his nerves pretty well, people who don't know him will easily look past it and will only think he was just scanning the area. But I know Yeosang and the way his pupils shake a little is a giveaway.

Yeosang leads us to the emergency department, up to the front desk. I play around with the hem of my shirt as Yeosang speaks to the nurse behind the counter, looking around the white-washed atmosphere around me.

"I'm afraid both Mr Park and Mr Choi are still unable to take any visitors as they are both still in the operation room," the nurse informs us once she's gotten off the phone, placing it back down on the desk.

"How much longer do you think they'll be in there?" Yeosang asks.

"As of now, we are unsure, but you both are welcome to wait in the waiting area or the lobby," she continues, "we will inform you when they're out... can I get your names in the mean time, please?"

Yeosang glances at me for a split second. "Kang Yeosang and Jeon Hyeshin," he tells her.

"Ah, Hyeshin that was on the phone, was it?"

"Yes ma'am," I say.

The nurse smiles as she scribbles down both of our names down into a book. "We'll let you know as soon as possible," she speaks, "I'll have you know that Mr Park's mother arrived earlier, I think she might have left for a little bit to have some food or to head to the bathroom. Have you two gotten dinner?"

"No."

She clicks her tongue. "You two should eat first, Mr Park and Mr Choi may take a while. Situations like this are unpredictable as to when they'd be finished."

"Ah, of course, thank you," Yeosang and I bow gratefully to the nurse.

"Do you really feel like eating?" my best friend asks as we walk to a row of seats pressed against the wall.

I recall the toast from the stand earlier, thinking of it makes me lose a little bit of my appetite.

"No," I answer. I just want to see Seonghwa.

Yeosang nods.

"Do you want anything to drink, then?" he asks again, letting me sit down on the metal chair. "I'll try to find something in the cafeteria if you want?"

"No thanks, just sit down," I try to pull Yeosang down next to me but he resists, grinning down at me.

"Whatever, it wont stop me from getting you some... coffee?" Yeosang shakes my hand off his wrist, "I know you want something to keep yourself awake. Sit tight, don't wander off, be right back."

With that, Yeosang trudges out of the room in search for the canteen.

To keep my mind from wandering away, I pull my phone out from my pocket. I wince at the insanely high screen brightness, bringing them right down before blinking away the throb at the back of my eyes.

Wooyoung has messaged me again, saying that he and Yeji sorted out everything although they're still unsure as to how to go on. That's great for them then. A small part of me feels happy. Wooyoung asks how Seonghwa and San are doing, promising me to go there first thing next morning.

I reply to more messages that came through: Hyekyung using my mum's phone to virtually yell at me for not bringing her with me to see Seonghwa, my dad telling me to be safe in the family group chat, and Hyekyung once again yelling at me because dad should've told Seonghwa that beforehand (this time, through the family chat).

When a shadow approaches me, I slip my phone back into my pocket and expect to see Yeosang extending his arm with a cup of coffee.

Only, it's not Yeosang.

There stands a woman dressed in a semi formal dress, hair pinned up in a messy bun. The lady looks like she's in the middle of her fifties. Despite that, you could tell she is a beautiful lady. She has this certain aura and feeling that makes her look graceful, sophisticated and gentle... but hold on. She resembles―

"Excuse me?" she begins. I quickly stand up from my seat, bowing to her.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Are you Hyeshin, by any chance?" the lady continues to ask.

My face mirrors the shock I feel. "Yes! I am! And are you...?"

"...I'm Seonghwa's mum," Mrs Park smiles. She has the same one as her son's.

Mrs Park takes the seat next to mine. From the distance this close, I can see where Seonghwa got his looks from... holy Hell, that would mean his whole family must all be beautiful. Both have the same large, almond eyes; the high nose, sharp features and even their way of sitting are similar too. Everyone could tell the woman was Seonghwa's mother just by looking. It's no wonder Seonghwa's looks are almost heavenly.

"Thank you, for telling the nurse to call me. It was the right thing to do seeing as I know you don't have my number," she continues, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Ah... it was nothing," I sheepishly rub the nape of my neck, offering her a small grin.

"And Hyeshin, dear, I hear you're baby Hwa's girlfriend?" Mrs Park suddenly says, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Least to say, my soul nearly left my body.

I feel a familiar rush of warmth creep up my neck. Mrs Park seems to notice as she then pats my head, laughing a little.

"Don't be shy, sweet! Hwa told us about you this morning. How did a boy like him end up with such a beautiful girl, hmm?"

"Thank you," I lower my head, hiding my obvious red face from her.

"It's the truth, my sweet, you're part of the family now. You were a hot topic between him and his cousins earlier," my eyes widen at her sentence. Mrs Park gives me a reassuring chuckle, still caressing my hair. "Don't worry, they're all excited to meet you ― especially his older brother. You will be going to the wedding right, sweetheart?"

"Oh yes, he told me this morning."

"That's great then! I hope to see you there."

In reply, I give Seonghwa's mother a polite smile. The awkwardness I feel is almost drowning, I can feel the sweat in my palms so I rub them hastily against my thighs. I keep on telling myself to fill in the silence and quickly hoping for Yeosang to come back quick. God, say something!

"Hyeshin, dear..."

Fuck, she's the one who started the conversation again. I'm so bad at this. I slap my cheek internally.

"Do you have a place to stay the night? I know you came here in a rush, if you're planning to wait and if it ends up being too late into the night... our place is not too far from here, you're welcome to stay over."

"Oh, uh... thank you, Mrs Park, but my best friend and I have already gotten a place to stay."

Seonghwa's mother nods. "Maybe another time, then?"

I smile. "Of course."

Then, she bursts into a small fit of laughter. "Please don't be awkward around me, honey. If you're Seonghwa's girlfriend, you, my dear, are like my own daughter. I've always wanted a daughter, you know? You can call me Yoonjin auntie if you want, or even mum. That means you can come talk to me about anything, okay?"

My ears turn an ever redder colour at her wanting me to call her 'mum'.

"Okay, auntie," I decide to say and a growing warmth at the pit of my stomach. The older woman grins.

"Oh and by the way, have you and your friend eaten yet, Hyeshin?"

"No, we both went straight here."

"Well, then, let's have something to munch on, shall we?" Yoonjin then places her hands on my cheeks, thumbs caressing over my brows that were formerly furrowed just a little. "Don't worry too much about Seonghwa and San, they'll be fine."

"If anything, Seonghwa would be the one fussing about how you didn't eat, young lady," she muses, "what do you and your friend like? It's on me."

I shake my head in my mind. "You don't have to, auntie. We can pay ourselves."

Yoonjin flicks her wrist and clicks her tongue. "What nonsense!" she gets up from her seat, extending a hand for me to hold, "I happen to know a very good noodle place from here―Hwa told me you like noodles?"

Oh Lord, she knows my weakness. That's when I realise, my stomach had been empty for a pretty long time. I can feel the slight rumble when she mentioned 'noodles' and slowly, my appetite comes back.

"I love them," I reply, standing up along with her, "they sound nice right now, actually."

"Perfect!" Yoonjin clasps her hands together before pointing in the direction of the end of the corridor, "is that your friend over there?"

"Yep, his name is Yeosang," I tell her. Yoonjin aah-ed before waving him over.

"Yeosang... that's a pretty name," she comments, making me smile.

"Don't say that to his face, he may not look like it but he'll bust the biggest ego."

Yoonjin laughs. Yeosang is approaching us with a curious expression and as promised, a cardboard cup of coffee in his hand.

"Auntie?"

"Yes, Hyeshin?"

"Just how much did Seonghwa tell you about me?"

There's a twinkle of youthful mischief in her eyes when her lips curves up in a small grin. "How about I tell you over dinner―how does that sound?"

"That sounds good!"

"You, my dear, do not know just how much he talks about you...."

I bite my bottom lip to stop myself from grinning too wide but walk alongside her anyways. After all, who could say no to free food―especially noodles?

+

whats good clown-nation i hope you enjoyed this somewhat filler-ish chapter owo and uhH yes i made hyeshin meet seonghwa's mum what are you gonna do about it😤😤

oh and wow this book might actually be longer than i thought:0 and can we make it to 30k jsjsjs:00 unless,,,,,- anyways!! have a good monday owo my classes start next month yikes pls pray for my sanity. i pray for yours too<3

kq drop the teaser, much threats, nita xoxo mwah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 1.7K 26
(@woahhwa on tumblr) contains mature content; read at your own consent; requests open :D
5.9K 440 4
- [COMPLETED] he looks up, first at the vast cerulean sky, then at the person standing in the distance waving him over, and hardly believes that this...
1.1K 149 35
zombie au it was summer when they came. How'd we reached till here? What did suddenly happened that the people we cherished turned into some flesh ea...
138K 8.1K 54
- โfor you, my star.โž IN WHICH A SIMPLE VILLAGE GIRL IS FACED WITH AN OPPORTUNITY THAT SHE CAN'T LET GO OF, AND WITH THAT OPPORTUNITY COMES WONDROUS...